Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
^ That's awesome. Glad to see Stevie Wonder is a fan.

The album is all MJ without a doubt. I've listened to the album a few times in the past two days... free from all the holiday stress. Just soaked the music in. Without a doubt, the songs are all Michael Jackson. There's one verse on Monster (2nd) that makes me think they had a stand-in to complete what MJ didn't. But besides that, it's Michael :)

Can you explain why after "Breaking News" was released you said Sony would be making an announcement stating that %50 of the song was a stand in?

^ I've mentioned it many times. I'll say it again.

During that time I was told by my uncle that parts of the songs contained additional vocalists other than MJ. I was later clarified days after that he was referring to background vocals. Regarding the statement from Sony... all I said was that they were planning to address the issue by releasing a statement... Which they did!

^ I've mentioned it many times. I'll say it again.

During that time I was told by my uncle that parts of the songs contained additional vocalists other than MJ. I was later clarified days after that he was referring to background vocals. Regarding the statement from Sony... all I said was that they were planning to address the issue by releasing a statement... Which they did!

I was only asking, sorry this thread disappeared so I wasn't sure exactly when, where, or what your answer was.

Please write a good review. There are people there lying about the album, saying that there are 5 fake songs etc

http://www.amazon.com/MICHAEL-Michael-Jackson/dp/B00192IV9U

We reap what we sow unfortunately.

People have listened to the gossip and, where they have an agenda against Michael, they are exagerating it and exploiting it to it's full effect.

Every MJ album/single from here on in will suffer with the same problem I'm afraid. Hence why I think MJ will never, ever, have another #1 album or single in the US or UK.

It's mediocrity from now on I'm afraid - yet more 'GH's' containing the same songs over and over again, pehaps with Michael playing spoons to a demo track as 'extras' - as nobody has any appetite (especially Sony I would imagine) to try anything new or exciting.

Oh well.

deano - whether joking or not, it's impossible to think that kind of stereotyping would be allowed here on MJJC. Cut it out.

MJStorm - cut it out also.

Any updates on what the next single will be?
Will it really be Hollywood Tonight?
What happened to the promotion?
Maybe with the case around breaking our hearts and minds there is really no good chance to focus on the music, I'm afraid :(

There's lots of good music on 'Michael' in Germany it went straight to the top!
lol I guess we germans are not only prejudiced going for quality, seems to be some truth to it! ;) The controversy about certain songs doesn't diminish the excellent quality of Michaels work and honestly I would have bought a single with only one new song for the same price as the album... I'm just an addictive to Michael if you want so. ;)

I went to a bigger city for a one day and as soon as I walk in to the shops I hear Breaking News and Hold My Hand.. I don't thinK I've ever heard them in my home town (other than radio) :)

I went to a bigger city for a one day and as soon as I walk in to the shops I hear Breaking News and Hold My Hand.. I don't thinK I've ever heard them in my home town (other than radio) :)

That's great! Where do you live? Speaking of shops. I work at a small retail shop on Sundays and I have MICHAEL the entire time. And ppl looove it! :D

I saw a preview last night of a new show that will be coming in March on CBS I think, called 'Secret Millionaire' and 'Hold My Hand' was used as the theme song throughout the promo.

My mate works in Game, and i'm in there quite a lot chatting to him and they play the whole michael album quite alot =) though i made em skip BN last time i was there (i don't like that song, regardless of who may sings it)

I'd love to know which other song's from the vault were considered, but left out, I heard that Slave To The Rhythm as well as Love Never Felt So Good we're considered for the album but ultimately were not included...

^
I'm not sure STTR was considered.

DYKWYCA, All I Need, Blue Gangster, Carry On and LNFSG (instead of Much Too Soon) were definitely in the running for inclusion.

^
I'm not sure STTR was considered.

DYKWYCA, All I Need, Blue Gangster, Carry On and LNFSG (instead of Much Too Soon) were definitely in the running for inclusion.

Really? I knew about Blue Gangster and LNFSG, I thought Slave To The Rhythm was as well...

DYKWYCA!!!!! Why the Hell wasn't it on the album?!!!!

I further shake my head at the Estate!!

Really? I knew about Blue Gangster and LNFSG, I thought Slave To The Rhythm was as well...

I think we all know why the Estate didn't put this song on the album.

Well there is one obvious reason.

Also, I'm sure they are trying to save MJ songs for later albums. So they are spreading out the songs they have.

Also, there are 2 songs on Michael that make mention of Hollywood (Hollywood Tonight and Monster). Having three would probably be too many songs dealing with the same subject matter. DYNWYCA make mention of Hollywood.

An album with these would be the best album ever.

Slave To The Rhythm
DYKWYCA
Strawberry Fields Forever
Blue Gangsta
A Place With No Name
Groove Of Midnight
Seeing Voices

Last edited:
I think we all know why the Estate didn't put this song on the album.

I understand, But I don't think that such a classic masterpiece should stay in the vault because of the ignorant uninformed individuals out in the public, I dont give a crap about their opinion...

Well there is one obvious reason.

Also, I'm sure they are trying to save MJ songs for later albums. So they are spreading out the songs they have.

Also, there are 2 songs on Michael that make mention of Hollywood (Hollywood Tonight and Monster). Having three would probably be too many songs dealing with the same subject matter. DYNWYCA make mention of Hollywood.

Like I Said up^^^ Well, HIStory is largely about the same theme...

Back