Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
The version of Another Day on the album is considered the finished version, yeah, especially with the added guitar solo and everything. I agree that it could have ended better than a fade-out but hey, it's a great tune.

Regarding the supposed fakeness of the Cascio vocals, I have finally made up my own mind. Unfortunately, a clip of Jason Malachi that I listened to on YouTube confirmed to me today that it is indeed him singing on the Cascio tracks. This is really saddening because I really did believe initially that Keep Your Head Up and Monster sounded like Michael, partially because of how authentic his 'rough' voice sounded. It's sad to hear Malachi for myself, and to see that he can imitate MJ's rough voice quite well, as well as his softer voice. I did believe initially, but I couldn't ignore the strange breathiness that some of his notes ended on in songs like Monster, so I decided to listen to Malachi just to see if he had this quality... and he does :(
Disappointing really, since I actually really do like Monster. MJ probably had a big hand in writing it but I'm 100% sure now that it's not him singing. Ah well.

I think jason malachi confirmed he was not involved atall in Michael and didnt provide any vocals for it.

Again, WHY should sony release tracks where MJ is not singing, they will be stupid to do that. If it will finally leak if it is not MJ, SONY is is real big problems... and they will get a hugh count of claims by MJ fans.... SONY will never take that risk....

Hey guys with THRILLER 25 a bunch of fans snuck flyers in the SUNDAY paper before it was released in the ad section.. if you want print these and head to the store ;) we also stuck them on peoples cars... share it around where you can.. it helps

adgold.jpg

ad.jpg

Hi KOPV,

i want to edit your pictures and replace the english text with a german version, to advertise the album with fans in germany. Can you send me the original files in HQ ? or post them here on the board ?

Again, WHY should sony release tracks where MJ is not singing, they will be stupid to do that. If it will finally leak if it is not MJ, SONY is is real big problems... and they will get a hugh count of claims by MJ fans.... SONY will never take that risk....

NEVER. That would be too risky, a company like SONY would never do that. All the "they do everything for money" nonsens is wrong. SONY could end up lose a lot more money. IF it came forward that this was not MJ - all future MJ releases would suffer very very bad from this. - So SONY would never ever risk that. - And not only MJ projects, SONY would forever be the company that lied etc. - So all their projects could loose credibilty, a risk SONY would never take.

Of course it is MJ on all 10 songs.

That's what I've been saying too. Especially since I'm getting past the BN issue.

So cheesed off... HMV emailed me last Wednesday saying my CD was on it's way but it still hasn't arrived! I wish I'd not bothered pre-ordering it now & gone & bought it from Tesco instead!

So cheesed off... HMV emailed me last Wednesday saying my CD was on it's way but it still hasn't arrived! I wish I'd not bothered pre-ordering it now & gone & bought it from Tesco instead!

Yep, same story with me. That'll teach me to pre-order during the winter. HMV have dropped the ball with me twice, the other time being a video game that arrived 4-5 days after it should've.

Yep, same story with me. That'll teach me to pre-order during the winter. HMV have dropped the ball with me twice, the other time being a video game that arrived 4-5 days after it should've.

I have picked mine up from Morrisons. Hmv can have it back & give me a refund.

I'm definately going to be complaining to HMV... and I'll never bother ordering from them again!
It's not HMV's fault to be fair. Most mail has been delayed due to the weather in the UK.
I ordered something from Amazon last week and Amazon is in the same town as me, but it still isn't here. When usually it would take a day to get here.

It's not HMV's fault to be fair. Most mail has been delayed due to the weather in the UK.
I ordered something from Amazon last week and Amazon is in the same town as me, but it still isn't here. When usually it would take a day to get here.

My hmh single came early last weekend when & where there was bad weather.My amazon order came.No problem with any other mail.It's a bit odd when everyone who has ordered off hmv from around the country have not got their cd's.I think hmv have told porkies.

My hmh single came early last weekend when & where there was bad weather.My amazon order came.No problem with any other mail.It's a bit odd when everyone who has ordered off hmv from around the country have not got their cd's.I think hmv have told porkies.
Well it's not just HMV. You've been lucky getting your other mail on time. We certainly haven't. We've even been getting post in the evening instead of the morning on some days and the weather here is fine, but I guess it's disrupted the process in other areas.

Wow, it was on sale yesterday? They probably did that b/c they knew it would be packed on the announced date.

I got my copy from HMV.com today just as they promised. I thought it might come earlier, but I'm glad it didn't. Today was the right day. It's a good album.

I ordered mine from Play.com, was dispatched on Friday and still not here. I'm not bothering with pre-orders again. My last two items despite being ordered ages in advance were not here on the day of release. I could have gone to a shop after work and got it but nope, have to wait. Never mind eh.

Ok, my case is really beyond reason... I have done my best avoiding listening to the whole album online, for I want to hear the real thing, as in the old days. So I would avoid the forums.... just to find out they started selling the album yesterday at HMV. I got awared of this simply too late (21.30), so I couldn't go to the store which is some 7 blocks from my house.

:mello:

So no worries, it should be here today. In the morning, it was not. I went to classes and during the break I ran to the HMV store and there it was!!! Brand new CD, screaming to me "Buy me now, buy me now!!"... but I refused. What for? I would have mine when I returned home.

I returned.
The album was not here yet.

What am I doing all this waiting thing for???
This is becoming ridiculous.

Can someone help me please? I don't have time to read so many posts.....and i don't know if someone already asked this.
I received a confirmation email on December 2 that my CD has been shipped, but the album has not arrived yet. A few days ago I received this email:

""""Dear MyPlay Direct Customer,

Your copy of Michael Jackson's Michael is now available. Please click below to download it now."""""

:blink:

I was like: A gift??????
But then, yesterday I received the same email the 2nd time and I started to worry....

Has someone also received this email to download the entire album, after has ordered it?
I'm realy worried...

Timer

Can someone help me please? I don't have time to read so many posts.....and i don't know if someone already asked this.
I received a confirmation email on December 2 that my CD has been shipped, but the album has not arrived yet. A few days ago I received this email:

""""Dear MyPlay Direct Customer,

Your copy of Michael Jackson's Michael is now available. Please click below to download it now."""""

:blink:

I was like: A gift??????
But then, yesterday I received the same email the 2nd time and I started to worry....

Has someone also received this email to download the entire album, after has ordered it?
I'm realy worried...

Timer

are you sure you pre ordered the CD and not the digital album? Cause it sounds like you did.... :unsure:

^ I've listened to Jason Malachi for many years, this isn't his voice at all on MICHAEL. This is Michael Jackson singing, in a different environment, with a different producer, and trying a new style of singing.

I understand, but for me personally I find it far easier to accept that they're not his vocals than to think that they are. Apparently the reason they sound strange is because of excessive voice editing but I can't buy that. The vocals in Hollywood Tonight sound ridiculously altered but you can still easily tell that they're genuine.

Again, I nearly believed the Cascio tracks were MJ's vocals UNTIL I listened to Jason Malachi. I've made up my mind but again, I totally respect your opinion!

F.Y.I. - Jackie Jackson will be on Access Hollywood talking about the 'Michael' album on tomorrows show

In one way I don't want the album to get bad publicity because it's in Michael's name...
But I do think something needs to be said for these questionable songs so I will listen to him.

Ok, my case is really beyond reason... I have done my best avoiding listening to the whole album online, for I want to hear the real thing, as in the old days. So I would avoid the forums.... just to find out they started selling the album yesterday at HMV. I got awared of this simply too late (21.30), so I couldn't go to the store which is some 7 blocks from my house.

So no worries, it should be here today. In the morning, it was not. I went to classes and during the break I ran to the HMV store and there it was!!! Brand new CD, screaming to me "Buy me now, buy me now!!"... but I refused. What for? I would have mine when I returned home.

I returned.
The album was not here yet.

What am I doing all this waiting thing for???
This is becoming ridiculous.

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER HERE THE ALBUM HAS BEEN IN THE SHOPS FOR 4.5 DAYS NOW AND I STILL HAVENT GOT MY STUPID PRE-ORDERED COPY.
ITS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
every day i get home to find that it hasn't arrived and feel like crying...

I bought the album through iTunes and I thought it was great! My favorite songs were Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask. However, I enjoyed all of the songs.

In one way I don't want the album to get bad publicity because it's in Michael's name...
But I do think something needs to be said for these questionable songs so I will listen to him.

I could of sworn hmv digital are selling the songs indivdually: Edit, yes they are. So you can download the songs you want & still support Michael!

Back