Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Of course today sales count lol , the sales dont just disappear!!

Just like all the preorders from the past few weeks, they all count on 1st week official sales, so dont worry, they all will count.

Last weeks chart runs up until midnight saturday, so basically all sales on Sunday right up until midnight next sat 18th count.

I hope you're right.

Why did they release the album in advance though? Anyone has an idea? One of my british friends told me it was on sale today, and that the guy at HMV said Sony told them to sell them now. I dont get their agenda. Please, enlighten me!

Great idea to sell from today as its an extra days sales to add onto sales total for the week.

Usually if an album comes out on a monday, then it is a day behind already on sales of all other albums out already from previous weeks.

By releasing on a Sunday its more chance MJ will get higher in next weeks Chart than if it is released tomorrow!!!

Just got mine from HMV. :D Was manic in there. The queue was huge.

Haven't seen any positive reviews in the newspapers here in Germany so far. That really sucks.

Did you see anyone alse buying 'Michael' or was the queue all people buying other stuff ???

Also, was there much promo for the album ???
Yes, I saw a few people picking it up and few in the queue had it as well. They had a big stand outside the store saying "The New Michael Jackson Album 'Michael' on sale now!"

@ mjstorm, you say that your country is young and the press is beter than in countrys like germany????

which country are you from then?

here in the netherlands its gold in 1 day and the press is positive about the album.

I had in friday morning so i pre orderd it and that was good. at bol.com *for the dutch fans*

Also vision was really quick. so for those who havent yet because of pre order it can be differend like my story.

hope you all have it soon. and listen to it in other ways.

I love holliwood tonight and monster, also hold my hand and another day are really nice. im really glad i have it.

omg i was at work from 10 till 6 and didnt get the chance to go into HMV to buy it since my copy from hmv.com hasn't arrived yet.
Damn I was looking forward to going into HMV and buying it on its first day of release for all the excitement. (I am buying a couple of copies for myself and as Christmas presents)

Were they playing Hollywood tonight in HMV really loud? lol

Hey guys with THRILLER 25 a bunch of fans snuck flyers in the SUNDAY paper before it was released in the ad section.. if you want print these and head to the store ;) we also stuck them on peoples cars... share it around where you can.. it helps

adgold.jpg

ad.jpg

^^^ now to get people to do it lol!!

with Thriller 25 we had a group of about 75 people that did it around the U.S. and some outside the U.S... but honestly I was up on promo and trying to motivate people to do it much more..

Just got mine from HMV. :D Was manic in there. The queue was huge.

WWWWWHAAAATTTTTTTTTT????? :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed
Do you mean they started selling the CD today???? TODAY??????

NOOO.... PLEASE NO!!!! I was here all day long counting the hours till tomorrow for my album to arrive and thinking about going to the HMV store tomorrow at 9:00 am, just to get a copy myself and you tell me I could have gone TODAY?????????

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

And I..... DIDN'T?????????????????'
:swoon:

Why Me?????????????

why??? why??????

Yes, I saw a few people picking it up and few in the queue had it as well. They had a big stand outside the store saying "The New Michael Jackson Album 'Michael' on sale now!"
:eek:

... and I was here.... just some 7 blocks from our HMV store counting the hours till tomorrow to have my copy while they were already selling it.... and while I was avoiding using the laptop for I didn't want to be "tempted" to hear the album on line....

:doh:

Geeeeeeeeezzzzz.... I feel like a big piece of..... fool..... :mello:

:eek:

... and I was here.... just some 7 blocks from our HMV store counting the hours till tomorrow to have my copy while they were already selling it.... and while I was avoiding using the laptop for I didn't want to be "tempted" to hear the album on line....

Geeeeeeeeezzzzz.... I feel like a big piece of..... fool..... :mello:
Aww, nevermind. :better:
I only knew because some people had posted on here that HMV were selling it early.

Aww, nevermind. :better:
I only knew because some people had posted on here that HMV were selling it early.

Same with me.... but I just entered the forum this late, to avoid listening to the album.... and see what happens... :cry:

ok... tomorrow should be the day....

question was another day finished??? because a part in the end sounds like it wasnt finished .... and that beginning with that sound thats so irritating do you know what i mean? was that the meaning of michael????

And the version that was out a few months ago is different then this one.. i dont know if i liked the album version more..

What do you all think?

The version of Another Day on the album is considered the finished version, yeah, especially with the added guitar solo and everything. I agree that it could have ended better than a fade-out but hey, it's a great tune.

Regarding the supposed fakeness of the Cascio vocals, I have finally made up my own mind. Unfortunately, a clip of Jason Malachi that I listened to on YouTube confirmed to me today that it is indeed him singing on the Cascio tracks. This is really saddening because I really did believe initially that Keep Your Head Up and Monster sounded like Michael, partially because of how authentic his 'rough' voice sounded. It's sad to hear Malachi for myself, and to see that he can imitate MJ's rough voice quite well, as well as his softer voice. I did believe initially, but I couldn't ignore the strange breathiness that some of his notes ended on in songs like Monster, so I decided to listen to Malachi just to see if he had this quality... and he does :(
Disappointing really, since I actually really do like Monster. MJ probably had a big hand in writing it but I'm 100% sure now that it's not him singing. Ah well.

^ I've listened to Jason Malachi for many years, this isn't his voice at all on MICHAEL. This is Michael Jackson singing, in a different environment, with a different producer, and trying a new style of singing.

^ I've listened to Jason Malachi for many years, this isn't his voice at all on MICHAEL. This is Michael Jackson singing, in a different environment, with a different producer, and trying a new style of singing.

I really dont think monster is mj but that is just IMO

'Michael' Supermarket prices in the UK -

Tesco - Number 3 - £9.97

Sainsbury - Number 5 - £9.97

ASDA - Number 2 - £7.97

:clapping:

I agree very much.

Back