Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Just saw the ad for MICHAEL on tv. "The most anticipated album of the year. Legend continues to live on."

It was a nice ad! :p

* Saw it again! They seem to play it quite often :) Nice!

Really? :wild: On which channel? This is good news, I was getting a bit worried for the lack of promotion. Gotta watch more TV, I want to catch the commercial as well :p

Really? :wild: On which channel? This is good news, I was getting a bit worried for the lack of promotion. Gotta watch more TV, I want to catch the commercial as well :p
Voice :) I saw it 3 times during one hour!

*Just saw it on MTV3 aswell :)

Last edited:
The promotion is huge in Europe !

But here in canada & US, its really slow... i have only see add for cirque du soleil and the experience but nothing for the new album.. really nothing.

The promotion is huge in Europe !

But here in canada & US, its really slow... i have only see add for cirque du soleil and the experience but nothing for the new album.. really nothing.

my sister saw a commercial for the album the other day...i've seen numerous ads for the Experience...FB always has ads too...But I know what you mean, the promotion here is sorta crappy...

The album commercial hasn't been aired in Germany so far. But the media here is reporting a lot about the album so actually most of the people here know about it.
Sadly there are negative, disrespectful reviews in many newspapers. In one there is written that he died last year indeed but his music died many years ago as seen in "Michael". Another newspaper said that this songs are equally with the shape of his nose...:angry:

HMV dispatched my copy on Wednesday and it hasn't got here yet. If it isn't there for me at home when I get back from work on Monday, they will have officially let me down. :p

The album commercial hasn't been aired in Germany so far. But the media here is reporting a lot about the album so actually most of the people here know about it.
Sadly there are negative, disrespectful reviews in many newspapers. In one there is written that he died last year indeed but his music died many years ago as seen in "Michael". Another newspaper said that this songs are equally with the shape of his nose...:angry:

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but the impression of people from outside Europe is that Britain and Germany are the countries with the worst press (along with USA in America).

I do not understand how countries with beautiful and ancient cultures have a press so primitive and disgusting.

My country is young, but the press here has much more dignity. Ok, we have sensationalism. This is a plague that infects the whole planet. But our press can not be so low and cruel.

It's so...so...disgusting.

I remember when we heard about Cascio tracks for the first time that some sources had been reporting how Michael's vocals are perfect.

http://gracemj.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/exclusive-michael-jackson-recorded-a-new-album-in-2007/

"According to one source who’s heard the material, Michael’s vocals are “perfect.”"

"What everyone who’s heard the tracks agrees on is that Michael Jackson’s vocals sound great. At the time, Jackson was getting good sleep, and lots of Italian homecooking from the Cascios, who are restaurant owners. It was probably the best time Jackson had had since his November 2003 arrest."

So what happened?

Mine hasn't come yet. Royal Mail's been having delivery delays due to the weather. We haven't even had snow here! -_-

OnirMJ;3129381 said:
I remember when we heard about Cascio tracks for the first time that some sources had been reporting how Michael's vocals are perfect.

http://gracemj.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/exclusive-michael-jackson-recorded-a-new-album-in-2007/

"According to one source who’s heard the material, Michael’s vocals are “perfect.”"

"What everyone who’s heard the tracks agrees on is that Michael Jackson’s vocals sound great. At the time, Jackson was getting good sleep, and lots of Italian homecooking from the Cascios, who are restaurant owners. It was probably the best time Jackson had had since his November 2003 arrest."

So what happened?

Indeed
:mello:

LoL!
same here!!
:doh:
Royal Mail site says they'll be doing some deliveries tomorrow to try and clear some of the backlog of mail.
I hope mine comes tomorrow. :D

Last edited:
Royal Mail site says they'll be doing some deliveries tomorrow to try and clear some of the backlog of mail.
I hope mine comes tomorrow. :D
I hope so too.
But today we had a bright sunny day.... wasn't that good enough for them? :doh:
Well... I keep waiting. I haven't heard the album yet. Yes. I haven't! I refused untill I get the real deal.
I love it the old fashion way!! :wub:

I hope so too.
But today we had a bright sunny day.... wasn't that good enough for them? :doh:
Well... I keep waiting. I haven't heard the album yet. Yes. I haven't! I refused untill I get the real deal.
I love it the old fashion way!! :wub:
Wow, you have so much self-control!

Wow, you have so much self-control!

I have managed to stay as far as possible from the computer and I have slept a lot. I have also avoid FB and I have basically isoleted from MJ fans, as much as I can.... and I am reading my Star Wars books a lot :lol:
I hope I get to wait untill the CD arrives!!

:number_3:

I avoided the unofficial leaks but I've heard the official streams now. Unfortunately you can't hit replay when you want to hear a track again.

I finally heard the album today and there are a few song i like but not much. I love "behind the mask" the most

Mine hasn't come yet. Royal Mail's been having delivery delays due to the weather. We haven't even had snow here! -_-

No snow for me here in Merseyside either, but the cd is coming from Jersey for Hmv & Amazon customers.If there has been bad weather down that way, that may be the problem.It's the first time hmv have let me down, it would have to be with the Michael album wouldn't it?! If it's not here tomorrow I'll have to download it from Amazon.Now I have to get through another day at work before I know if it has arrived or not tomorrow.

^^^Yeah mine didnt arive either but just got back from local hmv shop they have it on sale TODAY !

There was a review of Michael in one Finnish magazine, it was fairly positive and hopefully encourages people to buy it :)

^^^Yeah mine didnt arive either but just got back from local hmv shop they have it on sale TODAY !

Would the sale count towards the chart if the album is bought before it's released date ,dec 13th in UK?

Would the sale count towards the chart if the album is bought before it's released date ,dec 13th in UK?
I think someone posted that it will NOT be counted on the charts if it's bought before the official release date. But I'm not sure.

Of course today sales count lol , the sales dont just disappear!!

Just like all the preorders from the past few weeks, they all count on 1st week official sales, so dont worry, they all will count.

Last weeks chart runs up until midnight saturday, so basically all sales on Sunday right up until midnight next sat 18th count.

Back