Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

^^^

It does sound great . :lol:

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Wasn't there a video to State of Shock? I could be wrong...

No, no, no. I won't let that happen.

You are being ridiculously disrespectful to a man who's been working his ass off for the past 25 years and is one of the most creative ARTISTS of the past century (!).

NO. It's not ok.

You can say many things about George Michael, but hard working? Hasn't he done like one album in the last 15 years? And only four albums of original material in 25 years??

Hello guys, it's been long time I haven't come to this thread, so please can someone give me a brief update of the last 10 to 20 pages. Anything interesting or just some stupid jokes (like mine) and stupid arguments from people knowing better than all others? Thanks :))

Lets not turn this into a George Michael VS. Michael Jackson thread.

Lets focus 120 % on our MJ and the exiting future.

Hello guys, it's been long time I haven't come to this thread, so please can someone give me a brief update of the last 10 to 20 pages. Anything interesting or just some stupid jokes (like mine) and stupid arguments from people knowing better than all others? Thanks :))

This is the latest update from smooth that got most of us very excited! :)

Just thought I'd pass this along:

I received an email from my source at Sony Music USA this morning and mark it down on the calendars it's OFFICIAL!

-New MJ album, 3 DVD set titled "Vision", and The Experience all being released November 22nd/23rd depending on the area. Announcement has already been made up and is planned to go public very soon.

-My source also confirmed 100% to me that the DVD set will contain a new music video for the first single off MJ's album. Promotion will be BIG, it's all coming together. Unfortunately I can't reveal the details on promotion just yet but I can say one thing...Wow I'm excited!

I was told to let all MJ fans know. In addition to a party in Sydney, Sony is also planning an event in LA and London as well as other locations around the world. This information corresponds with Damiens info from Sony Australia which is great news. Expect to hear about it officially any time. Get ready!

You can say many things about George Michael, but hard working? Hasn't he done like one album in the last 15 years? And only four albums of original material in 25 years??

Michael released five albums in 25 years, but that doesn't mean he wasn't hard-working, right? :smilerolleyes:

Edit: yep, sry, back to topic

Nope, he has actually recorded 3 albums in the last 15 years, released 19 singles, has done multiple performances and went on tour (109 concerts).

Anyway, it's not all about being hard working but also about creating quality art, which he does (music, music videos, live performances). That's what my post in response to Ginny's was about.

This is just incredible : another week gone, and STILL not a peep on the new album. I don't know about you, but I give the Estate/Sony until the end of September to give us a release date and title; after that I'll just assume the album's not coming at all. I hope we'll at least be told what exactly went wrong.

^ LOL

It's much more fun to be excited than constantly disappointed.

Some people need to seriously chill the fuck out....excuse my french.

There's no rule that says an announcement needs to be made months in advance. When it comes, it comes. Until then, save the drama for ya momma.

There's no rule that says an announcement needs to be made months in advance. When it comes, it comes. Until then, save the drama for ya momma.

:hysterical: :hysterical: BEST POST EVER!!!! I bow to you! :hysterical:

Word. :punk:

Some people just love rain on the parade.

MJ Fan community =
2009_01_28_asterix_uderzo_bagarre_inside.jpg

This is just incredible : another week gone, and STILL not a peep on the new album. I don't know about you, but I give the Estate/Sony until the end of September to give us a release date and title; after that I'll just assume the album's not coming at all. I hope we'll at least be told what exactly went wrong.

For the love of God, will you please just stop!

I will buy the new DVD set regardless, but they have an opportunity to make it something special.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that I wouldn't count on any great extras, but if they were to include any 16:9 (widescreen versions) of videos, such as Leave Me Alone or Smooth Criminal, Come Together or any other videos that we don't know if they exist in widescreen or not... anamorphic versions of Remember The Time instead of letterboxed versions... that would be great. If they all included a 5.1 audio track, even better.

Of course, I'd also love any studio footage and videos never properly released on DVD. Like I said, I don't expect any of this, but will be pleasantly surprised if they put together something special instead of run of the mill.

Nope, he has actually recorded 3 albums in the last 15 years, released 19 singles, has done multiple performances and went on tour (109 concerts).

Anyway, it's not all about being hard working but also about creating quality art, which he does (music, music videos, live performances). That's what my post in response to Ginny's was about.

I said albums of original material so that covers album he did doesn't count.

I'm sorry but four albums in 25 years is a bit lazy. It's not like he embarks on huge world tours with every album... he's done one tour in the last 18 years so he doesn't have that excuse. And it's not like he's renowned for making high-quality music videos like MJ.

I just think there's something a bit tragic about GM. He hasn't made a decent record since 1996 and has admitted that he spends most days getting high and cruising for sex. That man lost any credibility or respect he earned years ago.

Michael released five albums in 25 years, but that doesn't mean he wasn't hard-working, right? :smilerolleyes:

Edit: yep, sry, back to topic

From 1979-2001:

OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTD, Invincible (which makes six proper albums and one remix album)
Triumph and Victory albums
Two feature-length mini-movies (Ghosts and Moonwalker)
Triumph tour, Victory tour, Bad world tour, Dangerous world tour, HIStory world tour
Countless music videos and one-off performances

GM in comparison has released four albums, one covers album, two greatest hits, he's barely toured, his music videos are fairly average....

We've been comparing quantity here, but lets not even compare quality.... there's no comparison.

Last edited:

Yes, because in a way GM is far much better singer/songwriter lol

Yes, because in a way GM is far much better singer/songwriter lol

You do know that I'm defending MJ here, don't you?

Michael Jackson's wig possesses more talent and originality than GM's entire body could ever dream of.

Why can't we even mention another artist or group on here without there being an all out war?

Read rule 24 of your MJ rule book

24. It is okay to like other artists apart from Michael Jackson.

Why can't we even mention another artist or group on here without there being an all out war?

Read rule 24 of your MJ rule book

24. It is okay to like other artists apart from Michael Jackson.

I follow plenty of artists aside from Michael Jackson.

I was merely responding to somebody's ridiculous comment about George Michael having "worked his ass off."

I follow plenty of artists aside from Michael Jackson.

I was merely responding to somebody's ridiculous comment about George Michael having "worked his ass off."

GM has gone off the rails, he needs sometime to reflect, and I guess he's in the best place to do that, I like GM hope he comes back with a cracking album, which I'm sure he will in time.

^^
Agree.. So let us put down the whole George thing and focus on what this thread is all about (dedicated GM fan here, this is getting on my nerves..) . Any news for today?..

Back