Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Once you see it, I'm sure you will change your mind. From what I'm told, it's going to be a great package to own. And the point of this is not necessarily to market it to existing hardcore fans, but instead capitalize on MJ's growing fanbase who may not own Dangerous The Short Films, or HIStory volume I, II, or Number Ones. There are many younger fans who would find this appealing plus it keeps MJ's material on the front shelves of the store. Overall, I think it's a great idea for this DVD, and in my opinion it will probably end up selling 2 million+ units globally.

2 Bad that all michael jackson dvd's are on low price the whole year since hes dead... so i dont think that anyone will buy them again..

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I like the idea of all videos being on one box-set. I think it's convenient. plus if the package is great and they include videos that have never been released on dvd before (like She's Out of My Life and TDCAU prison version etc), I am buying it.

Smooth_Criminal05 do u have any news on the unreleased TII footage?

I agree...I think it's a great idea about having it all in one collective box set..I'll probably end up buying it....just to have...but, I agree, I don't think it'll sell the greatest except for hardcore fans...but who knows...

Smooth, do you know by any chance if the VISION project will be released as a whole on one Blu-Ray disc in native High Definition?

The point of this box set is to put ALL Mj's videos in 1 package. Opposed to buying 3-4 different DVD's , with Vision you can get all MJ's videos from Off The Wall through Invincible plus the new music video!

Does ALL include every short film (uncut, longest version) and Ghosts (40 minutes)?
Are they remastered (from the original film prints)?

Smooth, do you know by any chance if the VISION project will be released as a whole on one Blu-Ray disc in native High Definition?

I'm wondering too. I don't get it why only on DVD when Sony is THE Company promoting bluray.

I would like to see She's Out of My Life, Say Say Say, Another Part of Me, TDCAU (prison version), Ghosts, HIStory, Cry, One More Chance & This Is It on this box-set. That would be great, because we don't have these videos on any other MJ release. I'll be disappointed if they don't include these great videos in this box-set.

The great idea for bonus material would be never before seen footage from filming Dangerous and One More Chance music videos that were cancelled... but the footage exists!!

If they just re-release Dangerous - The Short Films, HIStory I & II, and Number Ones in one box-set with just one new video that would suck but I will buy it anyway.

I'll buy it simply because its Michael.

^^ yeah, me too. I decided that I would support all the Estate approved releases, so I am buying it.

I thought the day Michael heard he had a warrant for his arrest they had just wrapped the shoot on OMC. I think OMC is funny, because of how many times Michael has done a song of that name in his career. OMC on ABC, OMC on Victory, OMC solo.

I'm not sure that 3 discs is enough to fit every MJ music video made, but that would cover most of them. Others on the list would be the alternate of Gone Too Soon, alternate of Will You Be There? alternate edits of YRMW, the Who Is It? montage edit, Why? Whatzupwitu? maybe Leave Me Alone, What More Can I Give? We Are The World.

This sounds a bit like Sony's George Michael release 25 which is a 2 disc set of all (almost all) of his music videos. It only leaves off one or two Wham! videos from the previous release, and is missing a couple of bonus interviews and live performances on a previous release.

I thought the day Michael heard he had a warrant for his arrest they had just wrapped the shoot on OMC
no it was never finished. they were still shooting

Anbody ever watch the VHS Michael Jackson: The Legend Continues? I believe they showed almost a music video of MJ doing This Place Hotel on the BAD Tour. Why not include something like that with Vison.

Yuck I'm sorry but anything mj does is FAR better then anything george michael could possible think of. Mj is in a class all his own so when mj does something or is done in his name there is no comparison.

If they just re-release Dangerous - The Short Films, HIStory I & II, and Number Ones in one box-set with just one new video that would suck but I will buy it anyway.

If they are really going to release this and want to be fair to the fans, they should release separately another dvd including only the new video plus unreleased material:

-one release for the new fans (old videos + the new one)
-one release for the current fans (the new video + unreleased material)

But unfortunately, I think that they don't really care about us... ;-)

Yuck I'm sorry but anything mj does is FAR better then anything george michael could possible think of. Mj is in a class all his own so when mj does something or is done in his name there is no comparison.

child.......:rolleyes:

apple and orange , both great artists

Um that was a duh post sorry

Who the heck u callin "CHILD". I aint been a child for a while know.

Anywho... Mj's new album/dvd set... Back on that

you of course....and learn to respect other artists , back on topic ....Next!

Lol I will learn to respect them when they deserve it.

"Respects not given its earned"

I encourage all fans to wait for the official announcement before getting to excited. I would hate to see many hearts break because one person thought it would be funny to lie and lead fans on when they really knew nothing. (Not saying this is happening, but its possible).

I care for you all and I dont want any of you hurt.

Calm it down in here, there's no reason to argue.

What on Earth is going on in here? Quit the bickering now!

MJJC Staff: It will NEVER stop! Its so sad :(

-----------------------------------------

Lol I will learn to respect them when they deserve it.

"Respects not given its earned"

No, no, no. I won't let that happen.

You are being ridiculously disrespectful to a man who's been working his ass off for the past 25 years and is one of the most creative ARTISTS of the past century (!).

NO. It's not ok.

I'll buy it simply because its Michael.

Me too :lol:

Anbody ever watch the VHS Michael Jackson: The Legend Continues? I believe they showed almost a music video of MJ doing This Place Hotel on the BAD Tour. Why not include something like that with Vison.

Yeah I hope they include some never before seen LIVE footage. Maybe from Victory tour or BAD. - BUT since BAD will be released soon, Victory Tour footage would be best, or maybe even earlier footage.

I don't care what u all say I'm intitled to my opinion and I gave it

It would be great if they include some Jacksons videos on Vision... Can You Feel It deserves to be released on official DVD. Also Blame It on the Boogie and Shake Your Body would be awesome!!

And for that one new video... I think it would be Another Day because there are studio footage with Michael & Lenny. I believe that new video would be mix of studio footage and new material filmed with many special effects... I have this picture in my head where Lenny is playing the guitar and looking to the sky.. and Michael (Computer-generated imagery) dancing on the clouds.. I think that that would be great video.

Back