Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Your dispute about Michael and George Michael is funny and offensive for both artists.
You better stop, because you say insulting words to an artist who does not deserve them.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

No y'all didn't just make this thread about George Michael and Michael Jackson! :O HAAAAAAAA! HAAAAAAAAAAAA! Talking about geting off topic! Every time I come into these thread it makes me laugh some are u are loosing it! lol Don't worry everything will be alright! GEEZ!

Stop. Talking. About. George. Michael. This isn't the place for it.

I reckon we'll get the announcement next week.

For the love of God, will you please just stop!

Amen.

From 1979-2001:

OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTD, Invincible (which makes six proper albums and one remix album)
Triumph and Victory albums
Two feature-length mini-movies (Ghosts and Moonwalker)
Triumph tour, Victory tour, Bad world tour, Dangerous world tour, HIStory world tour
Countless music videos and one-off performances

GM in comparison has released four albums, one covers album, two greatest hits, he's barely toured, his music videos are fairly average....

We've been comparing quantity here, but lets not even compare quality.... there's no comparison.

Correct. MJ was actually hard working. And you havne't even mentioned all the charity including WATW, WMCIG and MJ & Friends etc. etc. etc.
Few albums maybe (but ALL perfect) but lots of work.

I reckon we'll get the announcement next week.

I really really hope so.

Let's get MichaelMania back. :punk:

There will be an announcement next week.

GM in comparison has released four albums, one covers album, two greatest hits, he's barely toured, his music videos are fairly average....

We've been comparing quantity here, but lets not even compare quality.... there's no comparison.

-------------------

You do know that I'm defending MJ here, don't you?

Michael Jackson's wig possesses more talent and originality than GM's entire body could ever dream of.

Lol, what are you defending MJ from? YOU brought him to this discussion. I don't get your point at all.
Do you really have to disrespect somebody when you obviously don't like their music? I don't like Led Zeppelin, damn - I don't even like the Beatles. So what? Just respect their art, even if you don't like it. Respect what they do, cause it's all OUR COMMON heritage and legacy.

whatever.

And just to set the record straight:

George Michael has performed 278 full lenght concerts in his adult solo career - Michael Jackson 275.

Thanks.

Derek1984 said:

I hope so! I can't wait to see the cover. I wonder if they will come up with something as good as the Bani photos.

Can't wait to hear the new single too, do you think Another Day will be the lead or some other track? It would be a great surprise if they chose to go with sth else instead.

^Another Day, lead single.

What makes you say that? Do you know something we don't or is it just guessing ?

I really hope you are right.

^Another Day, lead single.

same as me. If it's not the best track on the album it still has some advantages in comparison to the others

-there is studio footage of MJ recording the song (better, more appealing music video)
-it is a collaboration, so the other author of the song can still promote it

I think there might be some other songs caught on film, but these are more than likely the Jerkins tracks. The newer stuff, I'm almost sure it wasn't filmed.

The will.i.am tracks are classic MJ. Next week is the time a new era begins.

^^
soure?

Derek, you seem very sure of the information you provide. Do you have a source in the Estate or Sony?

EDIT:
Actually, reading your previous posts it doesn't seem as though you have inside knowledge at all...
So why the confident statements?

Lol, maybe he phoned McClain's office and got some information?
But honestly I doubt that, Will.I.Am himself wouldn't tell me anything about the music, I don't think anyone else would.

Someone...anyone who has ties with the estate needs to tell them we're getting antsy. We need some kind of info on the album. A tentative release date would be nice....not necessarily a complete track list, but just a confirmation of some of the song names floating out there....weather a single is coming, and maybe release the artwork for the front cover.

Anything to calm everyone down and stop the negativity.

Yes, there is no reason why they couldn't have done this already. that would have saved a lot of unecessary arguing and bitchiness toward certain members.
Other artist albums have been announced long ago. The lead singles for some of them are already released!

Anyway, we are where we are, so let's just wait and see what happens next week.

I wish the Mods/Admins would start banning some people.

Anyways....

I hope something is announced soon.... weather the album is coming or not, I don't care, I just want an official announcement.

It is odd that no official statement has been made, in terms of release date, album name, track list, or first single release, are u really sure people that a new album is due in less than 8 weeks time, normally we would have heard a first single from the album by now? To at least start the promotion of the album, I'm sure nobody outside these walls, even knows a new album is about to launch?

I'm pretty sure the estate doc posted today on TMZ made reference to the new MJ album, or future releases – but it was blacked out. haha.

One thing you do get to see is that clearly the estate is in command in regards to track selection, design, and marketing:

estatedoc-recorddeal.jpg

lol comparing Michael Jackson to George Michael

I've heard it all

It is odd that no official statement has been made, in terms of release date, album name, track list, or first single release, are u really sure people that a new album is due in less than 8 weeks time, normally we would have heard a first single from the album by now? To at least start the promotion of the album, I'm sure nobody outside these walls, even knows a new album is about to launch?

It is odd, but the circumstances are one of a kind and it is happening for the first time in history (and probably the last). An album is usually announced to start promotion, book appearances for the artist etc. Here they have VERY limited resources, so it makes sense not to use most of them by the time the album drops. They have to promote it when it's released.

Either way, we'll see how they do it soon enough.

This is just incredible : another week gone, and STILL not a peep on the new album. I don't know about you, but I give the Estate/Sony until the end of September to give us a release date and title; after that I'll just assume the album's not coming at all. I hope we'll at least be told what exactly went wrong.

Will you stop this! It's ludicrous for them to not release an album when they payed so much money to do this, it would be sony commiting business suicide. Why you think this is the probable outcome when this outcome will not benefit anybody including sony themseleves, it just beyond my imagination.

It is odd, but the circumstances are one of a kind and it is happening for the first time in history (and probably the last). An album is usually announced to start promotion, book appearances for the artist etc. Here they have VERY limited resources, so it makes sense not to use most of them by the time the album drops. They have to promote it when it's released.

Either way, we'll see how they do it soon enough.

What you said makes perfect sense and has been repeated many times in this thread before.

I don't understand why people keep comparing this posthumous albums with albums of other artists. The circumstances are completely different. The promotion strategies get to be different.

Why don't we just wait and see how Sony and the Estate handle the marketing of the album?

I don't understand why people keep comparing this posthumous albums with albums of other artists. The circumstances are completely different. The promotion strategies get to be different.
very true. maybe the issue is u have fans who never experienced a proper release and now with this they think it will be like past album releases. when obviously it wont be..

very true. maybe the issue is u have fans who never experienced a proper release and now with this they think it will be like past album releases. when obviously it wont be..

EXACTLY! I remember when HIStory came out...it all happened so fast, there was virtually NO time between the release of Scream and the album...and I was only 13 years old, so at that time, things always seemed to move slower when you're younger...and it moved FAST to me...so I wouldn't worry about single release dates in relation to the album..as a few of you have said, the circumstances are WAY different this time...

Exactly Arklove. I was in the 9th grade when HIStory came out in 1995. I remember the hype around it. The news of the album being out in May of 95...then pushed back to June. After MJ finished recording the album, he shot the promo trailer, and then the video for Scream. Scream came out in May, the album in June. Everything was so whirlwind.

BOTDF if I recall had little to no promotion. I didn't find out about it until I logged onto the internet for the 1st time. A few weeks later, it was out in stores. Invincible was promoted..but not done very well.

This time around is a whole different ball game. They will promote it I'm sure, but it won't be as a big as past albums because of Michael's absence.

Will you stop this! It's ludicrous for them to not release an album when they payed so much money to do this, it would be sony commiting business suicide. Why you think this is the probable outcome when this outcome will not benefit anybody including sony themseleves, it just beyond my imagination.

agreed. what you said has been repeated countless time before in this thread.

it's ironic that sony seems to have more faith in michael's music than the fans. the agreement signed between the estate and sony early this year is the largest record deal in history. it's very important to sony. michael jackson remains sony's most important artist. both sony and the estate treat the album very seriously. why some fans think the estate will screw this album up and waste an ideal timing to release is beyond me?

stop comparing michael jackson to other artists. michael jackson is in a league of his own. he doesn't need months and months of media brainwashing to draw people's interest in him. his music speaks for itself. when the album drops in store, people will be attracted to it. it's the truth.

when the album is released, i think sony will roll out a major marketing campaign to ensure the public know michael jackson's latest album is released and available. we'll see.

the less information given now, the more mysterious it is and the bigger the impact later.

Exactly Arklove. I was in the 9th grade when HIStory came out in 1995. I remember the hype around it. The news of the album being out in May of 95...then pushed back to June. After MJ finished recording the album, he shot the promo trailer, and then the video for Scream. Scream came out in May, the album in June. Everything was so whirlwind.

BOTDF if I recall had little to no promotion. I didn't find out about it until I logged onto the internet for the 1st time. A few weeks later, it was out in stores. Invincible was promoted..but not done very well.

This time around is a whole different ball game. They will promote it I'm sure, but it won't be as a big as past albums because of Michael's absence.

i completely agree...there is no set standard, i'm thinking, and when was there EVER a set standard when it came to Michael Jackson? Isn't that why we love him so much?

ok, side note.....I may be ignorant in saying this...but what makes the deal that the estate and Sony the biggest in history? I thought there were bigger contracts that were made before....? I don't know....i'm obviously wrong...lol

Back