Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

thanks Damien, and sc05 plus the other insider.?

Please please tell Sony to go Blu ray with this release as well.

Terry

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

From Damien over at Max Jax:

Information directly from Sony Music:

The 3-DVD set will be called "Vision" - that is definite. It will be released in late November, the same time as the game, and contain Michael's videos from throughout his career, plus unreleased, never before seen footage. The album will also be released at the same time as the DVD and game.

It is TRUE that Sony Music just viewed a brand new MJ song and accompanying short film for the song. It is also TRUE that this short film will be part of the 3-DVD "Vision" set.

NEW INFO:

November 23rd in Australia will mark the launch of the new MJ era. There will be an event held in Sydney to mark the occasion. The event is an official Sony Music Entertainment event in promotion of the new MJ releases.

I would have loved to be in that screening room. Incredible.

I'll slap anybody down if they try to question Damien's reliability. He has good, solid, RELIABLE information...

:wild: Wicked!!!! Thankyou for posting!!! :wild:

So The 3 DVDs will include ALL the Music Videos that Michael did? From all the eras? (OTW, Thriller, BAD, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF, INVINCIBLE)? Like *TDCAU*(both Versions?), One more chance.. Etc?...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:

i'm not sure your guess is 100% correct, for example they might not include both versions of TDCAU and they might not include both versions of BOTD. But in general Damien seems to think most of them will be there. I'm also not sure whether they will be the full length versions, or whether the Smooth criminal video will be the proper one, rather than the sped up version. We'll have to wait until further details are announced to find out that level of detail.
My guess is they'll include all of the videos for the singles, and include the alternate versions we already mentioned as 'bonus features' to give the box set that exclusive feel. If we're lucky they may include some never before released behind the scenes footage, though be aware that might end up being footage that was shown on TV years ago (Stranger in Moscow), and so although it was unreleased, we have actually seen it. LOL

I HATE the sped up version of Smooth Criminal. It takes away everything good from the video. Even though I already have the full length version on Moonwalker, I really hope they include this.

I'd also like to see "She's Out Of My Life" video. And of course, STUDIO FOOTAGE.

I soo very much hope Ghost is released. Not many people know about that song, even less about the great movie made for the song. Ghost the movie is MJ's finest work comes to musicvideos.
And I really really hope it's released in Bly-Ray too.

Just as a side note, this blog run by Leslie is THE source for anything related to MJ's business proceedings. Here is her assessment on the topic of MJ's new album:

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-mj-album.html

I have been asked about if there are any new MJ albums in the near future. At the moment I have no direct connection to Sony, because of this I can rely on the Estate announcement from this Summer.

I did a research on the issue:

- None of the Sony websites (including international ones) say anything about any new MJ material. That doesn't mean anything.

- Neither any of the major retailers website lists any new MJ material. This doesn't mean anything again, new titles can be added easily.

- What's very promising: the Estate is visibly busy with registering and taking care of unrelated MJ materials within different organisations. Below you may find a list of these activities:

Unreleased tracks from 2008-2009 are copyrighted by his Estate. Includes works with Bradley Buxler and Michael Durham: I Was The Loser, Adore You, Boy No, Changes, Days In Gloucestershire, Don't Be Messin', Hollywood, I Am A Loser, Innocent Man, Jungle, Just Remember, Light The Way, Neverland Landing, Pray For Peace, Rocker, Thank Heaven, World Of Candy, 11pm, Bottom Of My Heart, Butter Funk, Children's Hour, Green Hornet Groove, I Love You More, King Tutankhamun, Lovin You, Pajamas, Photographs, Photographs 2 (Instrumental) , Pray For Peace (Instrumental), Shut Up And Dance, That (Instrumental), Think Twice (Instrumental), Walk Away (Instrumental), You Are There (Instrumental), MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #1., MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #3., MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #2., Brad Loop 3700, Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ, Michael's Affirmation (Instrumental).

Unreleased tracks from 2007 are copyrighted by his Estate. Includes works with Eddie Cascio, the so called "MJ Song Books".

Unreleased tracks registered recently with BMI: Doing Dirty (Victory era), Man In Black (Dangerous era), Verdict (Dangerous era), Remember This Night (Thriller era), She Got It (Dangerous era), Seven Digits (Dangerous era), Who Do You Know (Thriller era), Michaelmania, Pressure (Dangerous era), Just Feel It (Victory era).

Unreleased tracks recently released with ASCAP: The Pain (Invinclible era), The World Is No Church (Invincible era), Seduction (Invincible era).

In my opinion new MJ materials will arrive this Winter.

Green Hornet Groove. Now THAT sounds like an interesting song title!

I think the prison version of TDCAU needs to be on DVD since we don't have it yet. As much as I like the Rio version, I want the prison version. I also think Ghosts should be on the DVD collection as well...maybe as it's own DVD???

I hope they use songs we've never heard of...

Last edited:

:angel:Thank you Mike for everything you have given us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk::punk::punk:

From Damien over at Max Jax:

The 3-DVD set will be called "Vision" - that is definite. It will be released in late November, the same time as the game, and contain Michael's videos from throughout his career, plus unreleased, never before seen footage. The album will also be released at the same time as the DVD and game.

It is TRUE that Sony Music just viewed a brand new MJ song and accompanying short film for the song. It is also TRUE that this short film will be part of the 3-DVD "Vision" set.

NEW INFO:

November 23rd in Australia will mark the launch of the new MJ era. There will be an event held in Sydney to mark the occasion. The event is an official Sony Music Entertainment event in promotion of the new MJ releases.

I would have loved to be in that screening room. Incredible.

I'll slap anybody down if they try to question Damien's reliability. He has good, solid, RELIABLE information...
:wild: :wild: :wild:

Quote:

NEW INFO:

Michael's Art Shold Be Shown To The World -His Fans!

- Oh Wow!! :wild::angel::clapping: -

MICHAEL JACKSON VIDEOS

BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE

DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH

SHE'S OUT OF MY LIFE

ROCK WITH YOU

CAN YOU FEEL IT

BILLIE JEAN (MOTOWN 25)

BILLIE JEAN

BILLIE JEAN (VICTORY TOUR LIVE)

BEAT IT

THRILLER

HUMAN NATURE

SAY SAY SAY

SOMEBODY'S WATCHING ME (ROCKWELL FT. MICHAEL JACKSON) -*

TELL ME I'M NOT DREAMING (JERMAINE JACKSON FT. MICHAEL JACKSON) -*

WE ARE THE WORLD

We ARE THE WORLD 25

BAD

THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL

SMOOTH CRIMINAL (ORGINAL MOONWALKER VERSION)

SMOOTH CRIMINAL (EDIT)

DIRTY DIANA (ORGINAL)

DIRTY DIANA (LIVE VERSION)

MAN IN THE MIRROR

MAN IN THE MIRROR (LIVE VERSION)

MAN IN THE MIRROR (1988 GRAMMYS)

LIBERIAN GIRL

GONE TOO SOON

LEAVE ME ALONE

COME TOGETHER

ANOTHER PART OF ME (LIVE VERSION)

ANOTHER PART OF ME (CAPTAIN EO )

BLACK OR WHITE (ORGINAL UNCENSORED)

BLACK OR WHITE (CENSORED)

GIVE INTO ME

SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW

WHO IS IT (ORGINAL)

WHO IS IT (MONTAGE)

IN THE CLOSET

JAM

WHY (FT. 3T -MICHAEL JACKSON)

REMEMBER THE TIME

WILL YOU BE THERE (FREE WILLY)

WILL YOU BE THERE ( FULL MTV 10TH ANNIVERSARY)

FULL MTV 10TH ANNIVERSARY PERFORMANCE

IS IT SCARY/2 BAD/GHOSTS

SCREAM

HEAL THE WORLD (LIVE)

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

EARTH SONG

YOU ROCK MY WORLD

FULL DANGEROUS MONTAGE (MTV 1995)

CRY

CHILDHOOD

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US (ORGINAL)

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US (BRAZIL)

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US (THIS IS IT ) - WISH "THE DRILL" WAS INCLUDED!*

BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR

BRACE YOURSELF

STRANGER IN MOSCOW

THIS IS IT

EARTH SONG (THIS IS IT 3D)

THRILLER (THIS IS IT 3D)

SMOOTH CRIMINAL (THIS IS IT 3D)

WHATZUPWITU (FT. EDDIE MURPHY)

I hopefully didn't forget any..if I did..sry.
:wub:

I don't think they would include "Another Part Of Me" from Captain Eo. If they did, they'd have to include "We Are Here To Change The World", and in that case, you may as well put the entire Captain Eo film on video

Five words:

ONE.

MORE.

CHANCE.

MUSIC.

VIDEO.

They should include ALL of Michael's videos from 1976 to 2009 including some performances AND making of vignettes

1976- Enjoy Yourself (from High Live Special)
Good Times
Think Happy (from Nochevieja TV)
1977- Show You The Way You To Go (from Top Of The Pops)
Dreamer
Goin' Places
1978 Even Though You're Gone
Blame it On The Boogie
1979 Shake Your Body Down To The Ground
Destiny (From Top Of The Pops)
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Rock With You
Off The Wall (Live- Destiny Tour)
1980 She's Out Of My Life
Rock With You (Diana! TV Special Performance)
1981 The Triumph
Heartbreak Hotel (Live- Triumph Tour)
Lovely One (Live- Triumph Tour)
Workin' Day And Night (Live- Triumph Tour)
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Live- Triumph Tour)
1983 Billie Jean
Beat It
Motown 25th Performance (I Want You Back/ The Love You Save/Never Can Say Goodbye/I'll Be There/Billie Jean)
Say Say Say
Thriller
1984- Human Nature (Live In New York- Victory Tour)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Live- Victory Tour)
Billie Jean '84
1985- We Are The World
1986 Captain E.O.
1987 Bad
I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Live In Yokohama- Bad Tour)
The Way You Make Me Feel
1988 Man In The Mirror
Grammy Awards Performance (The Way You Make Me Feel/Man In The Mirror)
Dirty Diana
Another Part Of Me
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
1989 Liberian Girl
2300 Jackson Street
1991 Black Or White
MTV 10th Anniversary Performance
1992 Remember The Time
In The Closet
Jam
Who Is It
1993 Heal The World
Dangerous (American Music Awards Performance)
Give In To Me
Superbowl Performance
Clinton Inaugural Ceremony (Gone Too Soon/Heal The World)
Who Is It (USA Version)
Will You Be There (Version 1)
Will You Be There (Version 2)
Gone Too Soon (Version 1)
Gone Too Soon (Version 2)
Whatzupwithu
1995 HIStory Trailer
Scream
You Are Not Alone
MTV Video Music Awards Performance
Childhood
Earth Song
They Don't Care About Us (Prison Version)
They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)
1996 Why
Stranger In Moscow
Ghosts
1997 Blood On The Dancefloor
HIStory (Remix)
2001 You Rock My World
Jacksons Reunion Performance (30th Anniversary Celebration)
You Rock My World (30th Anniversary Celebration)
Cry
2003 One More Chance
2008 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008
2009 This Is It

and PLEASE use the original film prints if they still have them

Last edited:

All I want is Another Part Of Me, They Don't Care About Us (prison) and Gone Too Soon (this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwrJHbUKrK4&ob=av2n).

Is that official?? How can I not have seen that before? The live version at Bill Clintons anaguration was fantastic, In retrospect, I loved how he sang SUNflower instead of flower

^^ That stuff would be amazing but the problem would be copyright issues.

Directly from Sony music? But is there a link? Cause honestly...i'm getting kind of tired of seeing all kinds of info and anything has yet to be confirmed officially.

^the vid was deleted from YT by sony…

L.o.v.e.
Romi
I can't see it either :( It's not deleted though? It's just not visible in every country.. "This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country."

does it seem weird to anyone else that we have heaps of confirmed info, pictures, videos etc of the game coming out in november yet absolutely nothing regarding the biggest release of all, the album??

contact the estate then or sony if you want information. Don't wait just be impatient and greedy.

does it seem weird to anyone else that we have heaps of confirmed info, pictures, videos etc of the game coming out in november yet absolutely nothing regarding the biggest release of all, the album??

There are videos clips and pictures of the game mostly because of the Game Show currently held in Tokyo. The game show obviously is a major promotional event and the game is presented there.

To a lot of us, the album is a bigger release than the game. But, to the Estate, all projects are equally important. Honestly, in today's music business environment, it's hard to say whether the album will generate more revenue. To the Estate, the album may not be the "biggest release" at all.

In the last few days, we heard infomation about the Vision DVD set, saw the trailer of the Experience, got the press release of Planet Michael, read the Teddy Riley tweets. I don't know what more do we need to feel comfortable that the DVD and the album will come out in the coming holidays season.

With DVD set, album, the dancing game, the picture book (the blue eye photoshoot), the online game and the Cirque Du Soleil show in horizon, I can feel a new MJ era is coming soon.

It's bittersweet. I'm grateful that Michael keeps giving us wonderment.

"- What's very promising: the Estate is visibly busy with registering and taking care of unrelated MJ materials within different organisations. Below you may find a list of these activities:

Unreleased tracks from 2008-2009 are copyrighted by his Estate. Includes works with Bradley Buxler and Michael Durham: I Was The Loser, Adore You, Boy No, Changes, Days In Gloucestershire, Don't Be Messin', Hollywood, I Am A Loser, Innocent Man, Jungle, Just Remember, Light The Way, Neverland Landing, Pray For Peace, Rocker, Thank Heaven, World Of Candy, 11pm, Bottom Of My Heart, Butter Funk, Children's Hour, Green Hornet Groove, I Love You More, King Tutankhamun, Lovin You, Pajamas, Photographs, Photographs 2 (Instrumental) , Pray For Peace (Instrumental), Shut Up And Dance, That (Instrumental), Think Twice (Instrumental), Walk Away (Instrumental), You Are There (Instrumental), MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #1., MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #3., MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #2., Brad Loop 3700, Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ, Michael's Affirmation (Instrumental).

Unreleased tracks from 2007 are copyrighted by his Estate. Includes works with Eddie Cascio, the so called "MJ Song Books".

Unreleased tracks registered recently with BMI: Doing Dirty (Victory era), Man In Black (Dangerous era), Verdict (Dangerous era), Remember This Night (Thriller era), She Got It (Dangerous era), Seven Digits (Dangerous era), Who Do You Know (Thriller era), Michaelmania, Pressure (Dangerous era), Just Feel It (Victory era).

Unreleased tracks recently released with ASCAP: The Pain (Invinclible era), The World Is No Church (Invincible era), Seduction (Invincible era)."

So is it more than likely we will be getting some of these on the new album???
Would these songs be complete?
Can someone please explain what the difference is registering with BMI, ASCAP, or anyone else? Thanks

I dont know to title a song called "pee"..just sounds not right.

This is my favorite post, ever. LOL. I agree though, that is just weird.

Interesting...

Back