Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Hah, you're lucky, Alec. Will was really nice to agree with a phone call. Doubt you'll forget that :)

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I wonder if any of the songs that have been recently registered with the US Copyright Office will make the cut

Adore You
Bottom Of My Heart
Boy No
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Brad Loop 3700
Butter Funk
Changes
Children's Hour
Days In Gloucestershire
Don't Be Messin'
Green Hornet Groove
Hollywood
I Am A Loser
I Love You More
I Was The Loser
Innocent Man
Jungle
Just Remember
King Tutankhamun
Light The Way
Lovin' You
Michael's Affirmation
Pray For Peace
Rocker
Thank Heaven
World Of Candy

Interesting. I hope we get to hear some of these. I wonder what the song "Changes" is. I think that would be a great title for this album if it were to be on there. It fits perfectly with the situation and it's a one word title.

Alec, that's a great story. Thank you for sharing that. :flowers:

^^
Why? You haven't heard it.

Why? Read the title...

But we know nothing for sure.

Im still unsure bout that song...

Its no worse than Im Bad lol, or In The Closet! Loser in love perhaps

If there's 'music only' it doesn't necessarily mean lyrics don't exist? They are not just registered (yet). It's kinda safe to copyright the music only first.

There's also the song '11 pm'..

It's amazing how much Michael wrote and recorded other's writings through the years! Regarding how much he did everything else. He must have learned the piece right away..

There's also old titles:
After Every Rainbow
Can We Still Be Friends?
etc.

Interesting. I hope we get to hear some of these. I wonder what the song "Changes" is. I think that would be a great title for this album if it were to be on there. It fits perfectly with the situation and it's a one word title.

Alec, that's a great story. Thank you for sharing that. :flowers:

I agree, Changes would be a nice title :yes: But only if the song was on the album.

It's amazing how much Michael wrote and recorded other's writings through the years! Regarding how much he did everything else. He must have learned the piece right away..

There's also old titles:
After Every Rainbow
Can We Still Be Friends?
etc.
I'm not sure if those are Michael's....

I try to search for all kinds of MJ songs, but I can't find anything but "Jackson McDonalds" and stuff.
here's what you do:

click on Registrations and Documents

then click on Search the Catalog

you'll be at Basic Search. check "Name" and type in either
Michael Jackson Estate
Mijac
Jackson, Michael Joe
Optimum Productions
MJJ Productions

Type of Work: Sound Recording and Music Registration Number / Date: SRu000911714 / 2009-06-27 Application Title: MJ Song Book 2009 #1. Title: MJ Song Book 2009 #1. Description: Electronic file (eService) Copyright Claimant: Michael Joseph Jackson. Address: Unlisted, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
James Victor Porte. Address: 105 Camilla Lane, Murfreesboro, TN, 37129, United States.
Edward Joseph Cascio. Address: 883 Huron Rd, Franklin Lakes, NJ, 07417, United States. Date of Creation: 2009 Authorship on Application: Michael Joseph Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
James Victor Porte; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
Edward Joseph Cascio; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS. Rights and Permissions: James Porte, Ghost Manor Music, jamesporte@gmail.com

Names: Jackson, Michael Joseph
Porte, James Victor
Cascio, Edward Joseph

I'm not sure if those are Michael's....

You mean it's someone else called Michael Jackson?

At least there are songs called Tomboy and Hot Fever..

You mean it's someone else called Michael Jackson?

At least there are songs called Tomboy and Hot Fever..
Yeah I've run into a couple that aren't OUR Michael Jackson :lol:

Tomboy and Hot Fever are Michael's. They were registered on a tape with What You Do To Me, Speed Demon, and Smooth Criminal in 1985

^^
Why? You haven't heard it.

Just doesnt seem right mj would write or song with that title... i dont know...

:dntknw:

^Sometimes random names are assigned to songs. The original working title for Bad was "Pee" before they registered it under the final name. lol

^Sometimes random names are assigned to songs. The original working title for Bad was "Pee" before they registered it under the final name. lol

Yeah sure? :/ And it was made for Pee-Wee. 'You know I'm Pee, I'm Wee, you know it, you know..'

There's also the song '11 pm'..

Where did you get this info from? This is such a random title ... What ever could have inspired him to write a song called like that?

Plus I do wonder how many of all these songs have actually been recorded?? Because I guess it would loose a big part of it's appeal if only the music was written, maybe the lyrics as well, but he never got to record his own vocals to it...

so we haven't had no tidbit of info, news or anything and we're meant to be getting the first single in about 2-3 weeks time? Wouldn't we have heard something by now??

Where did you get this info from? This is such a random title ... What ever could have inspired him to write a song called like that?

Plus I do wonder how many of all these songs have actually been recorded?? Because I guess it would loose a big part of it's appeal if only the music was written, maybe the lyrics as well, but he never got to record his own vocals to it...

Prince wrote a song called Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic. What in the hell inspired him to write that? :p

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

According to smooth, they are now hoping for a single release in time for Halloween, but sony won't receive the material until mid-October, so there's still time for an announcement BUT I think this is going to be a mad rush IF it keeps to this timescale.

This was posted on 8th September, so if the information below is accurate the producers will be finishing up in the next few days.

I wonder if Teddy will divulge when his deadline is?

...I can confirm everyone is rushing around to make the November date. The single from the album won't be out until around Halloween timeframe.

...producers with material have only a couple more weeks to finish their work and submit it to the estate who will have everything shipped out to Sony by mid October. This includes the album title, artwork, single artwork, single(s) selection, final tracklist in exact order, etc. Sony goes into production by late October in time for a mid November release.

Righhhttttttt...........

I have to say I started to change my mind lately... I was always against the idea of changing/completing the material for the new album as I felt they should only use the songs that were already completed.
But there for sure were some demoed/uncompleted songs that Michael loved and that could be finished. A great example of what could be done is "You Don't Fool Me" by Queen, which is a song that was created just from some demo vocals, built from bits of lyrics by the band, after Freddie's death. And it's an amazing musical piece. If the people who worked with Michael come up with a great idea and feel it would work, they should go for it. I believe Teddy or Kravitz could work without Michael's input and create a work that resambles his vision and stands on it's own. After all, we want to hear great music...
The only concern/difference there is in this situation is that Queen was a band - all members were equal, all of them composed and all of them wrote lyrics. They were the people behind their distinctive sound, whereas Michael was a solo performer and I'm not 100% sure that all musicians who worked with him have the abilities to stand on their own. I guess we'll see.

IMO "Made In Heaven" was absolutely one of the best albums ever released and if they could do it 15 years later with Michael's... That would be nothing but amazing.
Queens final album was released on November 23rd, 1995.

Still on for the November release I'm told. My source spoke with someone who contacts the estate directly and the last word (yesterday) was that November is still a go. Week of release is Nov 22nd to co-incide with the game, that's the plan right now. The DVD set is also coming alone nicely and will be out the same week, or possibly a week earlier
I'm told.

Producers as we know are still working on material. The deadline is approaching (end of Sept) and October will be a very busy month with with the estate preparing all the final details and then sending them over to Sony for production by first week of November. Sony needs a solid 2-3 weeks to get everything printed and shipped out.

The single planned for the album is still expected out "close to Halloween", and Sony is expecting more info from the estate extremely soon.

thank you :)

Prince wrote a song called Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic. What in the hell inspired him to write that? :p

Well, Michale never really chose such random titles, did he? Apart from 2000 Watts maybe...

I hope that he managed to record his vocals on most of the songs he wrote!!!

Still on for the November release I'm told. My source spoke with someone who contacts the estate directly and the last word (yesterday) was that November is still a go. Week of release is Nov 22nd to co-incide with the game, that's the plan right now. The DVD set is also coming alone nicely and will be out the same week, or possibly a week earlier
I'm told.

Producers as we know are still working on material. The deadline is approaching (end of Sept) and October will be a very busy month with with the estate preparing all the final details and then sending them over to Sony for production by first week of November. Sony needs a solid 2-3 weeks to get everything printed and shipped out.

The single planned for the album is still expected out "close to Halloween", and Sony is expecting more info from the estate extremely soon.

Which DVD-set??

Thank you for keeping us up to date.. That is very kind of you!! :D

FYI, tweets were updated by Teddy. It looks as though Hold My Hand is not definite as a track selection.

We have heard "hold my hand" in full. Why is it gonna be on the new album?? we want songs we have never heard.
its up in the air...I agree with you.

Could U tell us if Family thing will be on the new album ?
Not that I know of. I signed a non-disclosure. Pls understand you will be proud.

Back