Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Wow Alec, lovely! :) Thanks for sharing.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I finally spoke with Will.I.am.

Whereas he REFUSED to talk about the music he made with Michael, he did talk about Michael the person and I have a special story I'd like to share with you.

They have been recording for a couple of hours in the studio on that day and MJ got hungry. There was only Michael, Will and Keith in there. When Michael said that he'd really like to eat something, Keith suggested he might go to a Food Market that is a 5 minute drive from there and be right back. Michael said that he'd pretty much like to take a break too and that they could go there together. So off they went, right there the three of them in the car. When they parked in front of the store, Will asked Keith to wait there with Michael while he goes in to buy food. But MJ said "No, it's ok, let's go there together!" The three of them went into the store, picked some fruits and on their way to the check-out Michael also saw a huge layer cake, which he took, along with the apples to the clerk. Michael himself paid in cash and left the guy standing there with his jaw dropped [MJ was not even wearing sunglasses, just a baseball cap]. They giggled all the way back to the studio.

It took 15 minutes altogether, but Will says was one of the more memorable fun moments he had with MJ. Michael loved it and remembered the situation when they last spoke on the phone.

“It's a New Day”, “Take Our Planet Back” along with a great charity project were all discussed with Michael before they happened and Will says Michael was the main inspiration.

Michael with his son Prince visited the set of "Take Our Planet Back" in December 2008. Prince and Michael ARE behind the camera for some scenes, I'm not sure which.

I am keeping most of the conversation to myself, as it was a one in a lifetime experience for me and we talked mostly about his art.

Also, I am very sorry that I have no information regarding the songs they worked on together, I expected to get some exlusive info for you, but unfortunately I was unable to.
Thank you, Alec, good work :) Did you talk to him via e-mail or actually phone?

Wonder where they got £8.99 from, must be a rough price

I left that group "The Truth About Michael Jackson, Allegations" because they're doing that "Boycott $ony" stuff and said that all the songs will be demos and that the songs will be sung by someone else.....

91f5ut.jpg

Do fans really believe that? LOL

I have a version of Hold My Hand in what sounds to me like CDQ. But I assume that's a version that's been leaked...?

Looks like things are finally starting to emerge. Pre-ordered :D

The video game will be released in November. They have already announced it about two months prior, which is normal.

But what about albums? Does anyone know how long before the release date they announce it?

The album may not be released till next year. But then again, I don't know about the music industry as I never buy albums. I only buy Michale's albums and it's been so long since he's released one.

surely we MUST get some sort of news this week. Shamone!!

The album will come when it comes.. not point complaining as doing so will not hurry the completion.. just wait and enjoy the music we have already.

The video game will be released in November. They have already announced it about two months prior, which is normal.

But what about albums? Does anyone know how long before the release date they announce it?

The album may not be released till next year. But then again, I don't know about the music industry as I never buy albums. I only buy Michale's albums and it's been so long since he's released one.

Hey hun,

Well my thinking is that the single would be coming out in October and the album in November…

OFF TOPIC! You're from Somalia???? Thats awsome…Now I've got another person from East Africa… :wild::punk:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

They have been recording for a couple of hours in the studio on that day and MJ got hungry. There was only Michael, Will and Keith in there. When Michael said that he'd really like to eat something, Keith suggested he might go to a Food Market that is a 5 minute drive from there and be right back. Michael said that he'd pretty much like to take a break too and that they could go there together. So off they went, right there the three of them in the car. When they parked in front of the store, Will asked Keith to wait there with Michael while he goes in to buy food. But MJ said "No, it's ok, let's go there together!" The three of them went into the store, picked some fruits and on their way to the check-out Michael also saw a huge layer cake, which he took, along with the apples to the clerk. Michael himself paid in cash and left the guy standing there with his jaw dropped [MJ was not even wearing sunglasses, just a baseball cap]. They giggled all the way back to the studio.
:wild: :wild: :wild:

I wonder if any of the songs that have been recently registered with the US Copyright Office will make the cut

Adore You
Bottom Of My Heart
Boy No
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Brad Loop 3700
Butter Funk
Changes
Children's Hour
Days In Gloucestershire
Don't Be Messin'
Green Hornet Groove
Hollywood
I Am A Loser
I Love You More
I Was The Loser
Innocent Man
Jungle
Just Remember
King Tutankhamun
Light The Way
Lovin' You
Michael's Affirmation
Pray For Peace
Rocker
Thank Heaven
World Of Candy

I wonder if any of the songs that have been recently registered with the US Copyright Office will make the cut

Adore You
Bottom Of My Heart
Boy No
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Brad Loop 3700
Butter Funk
Changes
Children's Hour
Days In Gloucestershire
Don't Be Messin'
Green Hornet Groove
Hollywood
I Am A Loser
I Love You More
I Was The Loser
Innocent Man
Jungle
Just Remember
King Tutankhamun
Light The Way
Lovin' You
Michael's Affirmation
Pray For Peace
Rocker
Thank Heaven
World Of Candy

I would love to hear these. To be honest I want to hear unheard songs.

When I look on Amazon to pre-order the album it says "Michael Jackson - Do You Remember?" Is that really the title??

:wild:

Adore You
Bottom Of My Heart
Boy No
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Brad Loop 3700
Butter Funk
Changes
Children's Hour
Days In Gloucestershire
Don't Be Messin'
Green Hornet Groove
Hollywood
I Am A Loser
I Love You More
I Was The Loser
Innocent Man
Jungle
Just Remember
King Tutankhamun
Light The Way
Lovin' You
Michael's Affirmation
Pray For Peace
Rocker
Thank Heaven
World Of Candy
Are you saying that all these are unreleased songs by Michael Jackson that have just been newly registerd? :shock2:

Are all those songs that are registered with the US Copyright Office recorded? Or are they simply songs that have been written? or both?

Some of those titles I can imagine Michael finalized... He recorded so many amazing songs Sony didn't want to release...

I think they're recorded.

---
Adore You
Boy No
Changes
Days In Gloucestershire
Don't Be Messin'
Hollywood
I Am A Loser
Innocent Man
Jungle
Just Remember
Light The Way
Michael's Affirmation
Neverland Landing
Pray For Peace
Rocker
Thank Heaven
World Of Candy

----
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
I Was The Loser

Some of those titles I can imagine Michael finalized... He recorded so many amazing songs Sony didn't want to release...
Or Michael just never gave them to them :lol:

oh so just because they are registered with the US Copyright Office doesn't mean they were recorded?

oh so just because they are registered with the US Copyright Office doesn't mean they were recorded?
If it's filed under "Music" I would assume it's recorded. If its filed as Sound Recording, it definitely is

It also sometimes tells you in what format it was registered in. If it's just written music, it says "document" and such....

If it's filed under "Music" or "Sound Recording", it means it's recorded.

It also sometimes tells you in what format it was registered in. If it's just written music, it says "document" and such....

Interesting. Thanks mj_braniac.

example

Type of Work: Music Registration Number / Date: PAu003443042 / 2009-12-18 Application Title: Adore You. Title: Adore You. Description: Electronic file (eService) Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
The Michael Jackson Estate, Transfer: By will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban, & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States. Date of Creation: 2009 Authorship on Application: Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Michael Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics. Rights and Permissions: Bradley Buxer, Songwriters Guild of America, 209 10th Avenue South, Suite 321, Nashville, TN, 37203, United States, (615) 742-9945, sfein@songwritersguild.com

here's a registration for the unreleased track "Slipped Away"

Type of Work: Music Registration Number / Date: PAu000257351 / 1980-10-14 Title: Slipped away / by Marlon Jackson, Michael Jackson. Description: 1 sound cassette. Copyright Claimant: Mijac & Vabritmar Music Date of Creation: 1980 Authorship on Application: words & music: Michael Joe Jackson & Marlon David Jackson.

I'm looking at the copyright listings right now. My only concern is that the ones that say:

"Copyright Note: C.O. correspondence.
Regarding author information: Deposit contains music only."

mean that there are no lyrics, it's just instrumental. Quite a few of the songs say that. Do you think that's what that means, or do you think that just means there is not a WRITTEN set of lyrics to accompany the music, or what?

Example: Michael's Affirmation entry vs. Michael's Affirmation (Instrumental)--notice that only the instrumental version has that "music only" notice?

Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu003443046 / 2009-12-18
Application Title: Michael’s Affirmation.
Title: Michael’s Affirmation.
Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
The Michael Jackson Estate, Transfer: By will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation: 2009
Authorship on Application: Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Michael Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Rights and Permissions: Bradley Buxer, Songwriters Guild of America, 209 10th Avenue South, Suite 321, Nashville, TN, 37203, United States, (615) 742-9945, sfein@songwritersguild.com
Copyright Note: C.O. correspondence.
Names: Buxer, Bradley
Jackson, Michael
Michael Jackson Estate

Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu003461323 / 2010-03-03
Application Title: Michael’s Affirmation (Instrumental)
Title: Michael’s Affirmation (Instrumental)
Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
The Estate of Michael Jackson, Transfer: by Will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation: 2009
Authorship on Application: Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Michael Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Rights and Permissions: Bradley Buxer, Songwriters Guild of America, 209 10th Avenue South, Suite 321, Nashville, TN, 37203, United States, (615) 742-9945, sfein@songwritersguild.com
Copyright Note: C.O. correspondence.
Regarding author information: Deposit contains music only.
Names: Buxer, Bradley
Jackson, Michael
Estate of Michael Jackson

Link to where you get this information please?

Thank you, Alec, good work :) Did you talk to him via e-mail or actually phone?

Phone call :)
It was amazing.

I think it's awesome we have proof that Michael didn't really live the way he was forced to all the time. I wish he'd spent more time with people like that (or maybe he did, who knows?).

Back