Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

Before the complaining kicks into full gear, let me say this:

With Benjamin Wright on board, I bet they rework the song and use real instruments. I also bet it's the MJ solo version. With the right team, and it seems like they have that, it can be a better song.

Did anybody ever find out for sure if this is the real Teddy Riley?

Bad news guys (at least for me).

Guy named iZaccy asked Teddy:

@TeddyRiley1 Will the album include Hold My Hand feat. Akon I feel like It should.

Teddy replies:

@iZaccy Yes it will. Can wait for everyone to hear it.

https://twitter.com/iZaccy
https://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1

:shock: But.. could it still be possible that it's different version from the leaked one..? I know that guy said "feat. Akon" but.. maybe?

ps. BUMPER SNIPPET that was the funniest post I've seen you make in a long time!

pps. Thanks for the exciting updates about the album everyone!!! :wild:

Let's face it... the only reason we hate that HMH will be on the album is because it's old to us and it's so Akon-heavy. Maybe both those things will be resolved on the final release.

At its core, it's a great song.

There is always solo version of duets most of the time. Look at The Girl Is Mine. You could easily argue MJ's solo demo is better than the version on Thriller. I am acutally excited to hear the version they put out. I think it will be reworked and only MJ vocals.

Smooth has confirmed a solo version exists. Let's pray that's the one they're using.

Did anybody ever find out for sure if this is the real Teddy Riley?

Yes, an article was posted from last year I believe where he got into a twitter war with his daughter. It's confirmed to be his real account.

Tracklisting Thus Far:

1. Hold My Hand (confirmed by Teddy)
2. A Place With No Name (confirmed by Smooth)
3. Love Never Felt So Good (confirmed by Anka)
4. Another Day (confirmed by Smooth & I'm pretty sure, Lenny)
*. Darkchild tracks
*. will.i.am tracks possibly

Yeah I'm not against HMH being on the album as long as it's Michael's vocals only! :)

Didn't smooth deny LNFSG being on the album?

Don't worry, Bumper Snippet.

Although I don't enjoy your style of comedy all that much, I admire you for trying to bring some levity in here while we wait for news.

This thread has become a bit of a joke. MJ's new album should be joyous, but instead all we seem to do is keep complaining, feeling a sense of entitlement, thinking about the next product we can consume.

Lets just take a step back, realise how awesome this will be, be nice to each other and be constructive.

It's been a long wait and an emotional couple of years, but there's more to gain from this release than a shopping list. Just let it happen organically, absorb it all and enjoy it.

If people want to joke around, lets not cut them down for it. All positive input should be welcome. As you put it, GinnyJackson, if you don't find Bumper entertaining, ignore it. Let others have their fun. It's only fair.

...I don't often post anymore, but I had to say something.

Jeremy.

EDIT: That being said, maybe paraphrasing Smooth was a bit much.

Thanks Jeremy,

I appreciate your sense of neutrality.

Bumper

p.s. I actually didn't seriously paraphrase Smooth. I as a matter of fact demonstrated in simple words how despite Smooth's efforts to obtain news with risks of bothering his source, people on this board are ungrateful and are ready to crucify him. And the punch in the face that I got from Ginny is because, according to Ginny, I treated Smooth a liar. Isn't that funny how people misread and misinterpret everything and are always ready to impose themselves as heroes defending the "oppressed" ones? I just don't understand why so much stress and fuss and need for violence.

Tracklisting Thus Far:

1. Hold My Hand (confirmed by Teddy)
2. A Place With No Name (confirmed by Smooth)
3. Love Never Felt So Good (confirmed by Anka)
4. Another Day (confirmed by Smooth & I'm pretty sure, Lenny)
*. Darkchild tracks
*. will.i.am tracks possibly

Love Never Felt So Good is not making the album.

If Escape, Shout, anything from Ultimate Collection, Blue Gangster (No Friend of Mine), Work That Body, She Got It, If You Don't Love Me, etc. make the album I will really begin to question the vastness (and quality) of MJ's vaults.

I want mooooooore TII footage, I will cry for days if they say it will never happend. I NEED IT :(

If Escape, Shout, anything from Ultimate Collection, Blue Gangster (No Friend of Mine), Work That Body, She Got It, If You Don't Love Me, etc. make the album I will really begin to question the vastness (and quality) of MJ's vaults.

Highly highly doubt that any of those songs make the cut. My biggest fear is they hold onto one of the three songs from the will.i.am sessions to use on the next album. I understand they might need to hold back on some material for a future album, but I want to hear the 3 songs on this album!

I suppose that SONY group is aware of the fact that some songs such as xscape have leaked, so I suppose that they are clever enough and know what they're doing.

By the way, I don't think that releasing leaked songs would hamper sales under the condition that there's good promotion.

If you look back, you'll see that This is it soundtrack topped the charts despite the fact that it was the zillionth greatest hits. Today, unfortunately many people judge by the cover, so they'll buy the beauty of the cover without being worried what's under the cover.

Blue Gangster? Are you serious? I'd love to see the real, full version of that on the album. From what I've heard, its a great song!

Smooth, do you know if Michael ever recorded the song named Benjamin by Dan Priddy? It's a great song, and in 2006 it was rumoured it had been written for Michael

I just hope they use songs we've never heard of

Like I've said, Hold My Hand has always been a top contender for the new album. My source insists that Love Never Felt So Good will not be on the album however.

Like I've said, Hold My Hand has always been a top contender for the new album. My source insists that Love Never Felt So Good will not be on the album however.

They might have a tracklist of songs that are mostly uptempo and needed a ballad to add to it. I'm guessing that's a strong reason why HMH will be included. I think the James Brown tribute song will be the other ballad.

I love Hold My Hand and I'm glad to hear it will be on the album. Can't wait to hear it in HQ.

I have no problems with having Hold My Hand on the new album. I like it and in my opinion it's a beautiful song :flowers:

So rather than waiting for an official announcement to come out you guys like to spend your time here argueing and trying to prove who happens to have more credibility .... :lmao:

... Ok, that's one way to spend your free time :D

Smooth has confirmed a solo version exists. Let's pray that's the one they're using.

SC_05 has been discredited, so we don't know if there's an MJ-only version. If we were to take Teddy Riley's post literally, it would seem that the version on the album will be "featuring Akon."

If Hold on my hand is released --fine. But I hope they censor Akon's "Konvikt music" in the intro part of the song.

I don;t have any problem with HMH on the album.
I play the piano, so I enjoy listening to the piano of that song, also I like the chords progressions. Akon voice could be annoying sometimes in that song, But it is still a good song, maybe they even have studio footage of Mj singing that song.

The Hold My Hand inclusion annoys me simply because it's been leaked and we've already heard it. Next they'll be telling us Escape is going to be included. The only way I'll be okay with this is if it's a solo version or if it's released as a single and gets a shitload of promotion.

Sorry to be all negative. It's not that I dislike the song, I think it's a nice ballad but I'm sure people can see where I'm coming from.

They might be looking at escape aswell as they took down all the youtube videos for it, even though they had been sitting there happily for years.

^^ I doubt it. You can easily find Xscape on youtube. Sony didn't really remove it. A real removal is when you can't listen to the song at all. For example I am defying you to find me a single song by Prince on Youtube.

p.s. I just found some songs, it works. But a few months ago it was practically impossible to hear any of Prince's song. I even tried to upload from one of my albums, and it instantly was removed.

^^ I doubt it. You can easily find Xscape on youtube. Sony didn't really remove it. A real removal is when you can't listen to the song at all. For example I am defying you to find me a single song by Prince on Youtube.

p.s. I just found some songs, it works. But a few months ago it was practically impossible to hear any of Prince's song. I even tried to upload from one of my albums, and it instantly was removed.

yeah, but they did delete all the videos of it at once that had more than about 1,000, all on like the same day. The song was obviously on their minds at the time.

Back