Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: Ted Riley Just confirms working on New MJ Album

Teddy Riley twitter alert! :D

Man all I can say is God is incredible!!!! MJ is gonna be proud."

"I'm working with the most incredible composer Benjamin Wright...Google him, his credits are too much to type".

@TeddyRiley1 do you think the album will be ready for november date ?

@tristantitoune I can't say...I know I'm working hard to complete the mission.

http://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

Teddy Riley twitter alert! :D

Man all I can say is God is incredible!!!! MJ is gonna be proud."

"I'm working with the most incredible composer Benjamin Wright...Google him, his credits are too much to type".

@TeddyRiley1 do you think the album will be ready for november date ?

@tristantitoune I can't say...I know I'm working hard to complete the mission.

http://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1

Hold My Hand...really.
Well I'll take anything I guess but it kinda sounds like MJ banged it out in 5 minutes :-/

Who's ever heard of a producer still working on an album two months before the release date and not even knowing if it will be ready on time. If ever there was an MJ project that smelled of postponement, this is it.

And the HMV date on the web site is probably just a placeholder date : they always do that.

Who's ever heard of a producer still working on an album two months before the release date and not even knowing if it will be ready on time. If ever there was an MJ project that smelled of postponement, this is it.

And the HMV date on the web site is probably just a placeholder date : they always do that.
If I remember correctly, Thriller wasn't done until late September-October and the released it around November 30-December 2

yea and they redid thriller. So its not impossible.

Bad news guys (at least for me).

Guy named iZaccy asked Teddy:

@TeddyRiley1 Will the album include Hold My Hand feat. Akon I feel like It should.

Teddy replies:

@iZaccy Yes it will. Can wait for everyone to hear it.

https://twitter.com/iZaccy
https://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1

Yes this is Teddy's official account. His daughter Deja confirmed it a while ago.

Also, from reading these tweets, Teddy was confirming that the album was coming out in November.... Going by both his & IZaccy's timeline, I don't think he was replying to the HMH question.

yay! cant wait for this album

Thanks Jeremy,

I appreciate your sense of neutrality.

Bumper

p.s. I actually didn't seriously paraphrase Smooth. I as a matter of fact demonstrated in simple words how despite Smooth's efforts to obtain news with risks of bothering his source, people on this board are ungrateful and are ready to crucify him. And the punch in the face that I got from Ginny is because, according to Ginny, I treated Smooth a liar. Isn't that funny how people misread and misinterpret everything and are always ready to impose themselves as heroes defending the "oppressed" ones? I just don't understand why so much stress and fuss and need for violence.

I can understand why people want to be serious about this. Different people handle situations differently, and it's fair. You bring humour, they bring seriousness. There's room for both.

The problem I have is when people get rude and aggressive and, as you said, impose their frustrations onto others. It's not a constructive way to do things and ends up making people feel bad. It's not right.

Don't let it get to you though, Bumper. In life, people will always try to remove your spark. It makes them feel better to make the clown cry. Don't listen to them. Be funny. The world needs more funny people.

Jeremy.

Ugh, HMH.

Hopefully it is Michael's vocals only. If they put it Feat. Akon then the song is totally pointless to being on the album for Michael only sings a few lines and ad-libs..

Ugh, HMH.

Hopefully it is Michael's vocals only. If they put it Feat. Akon then the song is totally pointless to being on the album for Michael only sings a few lines and ad-libs..

Yeh i hope they put just mj's voice too

Let's face it... the only reason we hate that HMH will be on the album is because it's old to us and it's so Akon-heavy. Maybe both those things will be resolved on the final release.

At its core, it's a great song.

I agree. I really like the song, as least MJ's parts. I would think that if they were going to put it on Michael's album, they wouldn't use so much Akon. As it is now, it isn't featuring Akon, it's featuring MJ. I'm going to go ahead and assume that it will be different than what we've heard.

NEW Tweet from TEDDY on Timeline ...

@TeddyRiley1 thanks for keeping us posted Teddy, keep up the great work...I can't wait!!! Still november as planned?

@RobertRempala Yesir, that's the plan.

WOOP WOOP!!

and yeah earlier he was referring to the album indeed being out in November .. NOT the inclusion of Hold My Hand

thanks for all the news and Teddy Riley twitter updates!

If Hold My Hand is included, I will be very very glad! I LOVE this song!

only 2 months to go then...

new album.

new game.

new video.

new single.

new dvd box set. :angel::clapping::tease::cheers::bugeyed

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Whats the point of releasing a ''average'' song that everyone heard before and a song that is all over the internet ? ...

earlier he was referring to the album indeed being out in November .. NOT the inclusion of Hold My Hand

Cool. So Hold My Hand has not been confirmed for the album at all.

I approve... Hopefully all of the tracks will be stuff we haven't heard (with the exception of Another Day, but we haven't even heard that in its entirety yet so it's all good!).

man I am so glad "Love never felt so good" will not make the album.
If teddy Riley confirms that the album will be out in November then we can sleep on both ears, but you never know right?

man I am so glad "Love never felt so good" will not make the album.
If teddy Riley confirms that the album will be out in November then we can sleep on both ears, but you never know right?

I'm happy that this song is not on the album too.Both quality and style dated badlly over the years.It will not fit in a 2010 album.

WOOP WOOP!!

and yeah earlier he was referring to the album indeed being out in November .. NOT the inclusion of Hold My Hand
I don't get what you mean? He said yes when a guy asked him.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

am i not right in saying the version of hmh we have heard is a demo and that there is a version in the vualt that has more mj vocals on it?

am i not right in saying the version of hmh we have heard is a demo and that there is a version in the vualt that has more mj vocals on it?

it's not really a demo, but it's an early version/rough mix. It hasn't been mastered and on top of that was leaked in very low quality.

According to smooth there is a solo version, which seems very plausible.

I finally spoke with Will.I.am.

Whereas he REFUSED to talk about the music he made with Michael, he did talk about Michael the person and I have a special story I'd like to share with you.

They have been recording for a couple of hours in the studio on that day and MJ got hungry. There was only Michael, Will and Keith in there. When Michael said that he'd really like to eat something, Keith suggested he might go to a Food Market that is a 5 minute drive from there and be right back. Michael said that he'd pretty much like to take a break too and that they could go there together. So off they went, right there the three of them in the car. When they parked in front of the store, Will asked Keith to wait there with Michael while he goes in to buy food. But MJ said "No, it's ok, let's go there together!" The three of them went into the store, picked some fruits and on their way to the check-out Michael also saw a huge layer cake, which he took, along with the apples to the clerk. Michael himself paid in cash and left the guy standing there with his jaw dropped [MJ was not even wearing sunglasses, just a baseball cap]. They giggled all the way back to the studio.

It took 15 minutes altogether, but Will says was one of the more memorable fun moments he had with MJ. Michael loved it and remembered the situation when they last spoke on the phone.

“It's a New Day”, “Take Our Planet Back” along with a great charity project were all discussed with Michael before they happened and Will says Michael was the main inspiration.

Michael with his son Prince visited the set of "Take Our Planet Back" in December 2008. Prince and Michael ARE behind the camera for some scenes, I'm not sure which.

I am keeping most of the conversation to myself, as it was a one in a lifetime experience for me and we talked mostly about his art.

Also, I am very sorry that I have no information regarding the songs they worked on together, I expected to get some exlusive info for you, but unfortunately I was unable to.

^ Aww thanks for sharing the story Alec! How sweet ^_^

Thanks, Alec! I love reading stories about Michael and him being silly. He was so down to earth.
I'm sure Will can't say much about the songs at this point, but thanks for trying! :flowers:

Back