Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

Wow. That would mean 11/23 in the States, most likely, as US releases are on Tuesdays and Europeans on Mondays. That's also the same day as the video game.

Jiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Yep. Looks like it could be "MJ Day" in the States on 11/23. Get your game, get your new album. I'll take that day off from work!

^^ Probably not, since it says the release date for the DVD is October 12

October 12? I don't believe it's so soon...

And it seems too cheap for an official 3-dvd set.

as for the album release date, GOOD FIND!!!

^ Yeah, that's a poor documentary set by an independent company. Nothing official.

Taking a look at an old article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/15/michael-jackson-sony-deal_n_500231.html

LOS ANGELES — The estate of Michael Jackson has landed the late King of Pop the biggest recording deal in history: a $200 million guaranteed contract with Sony Music Entertainment for 10 projects over seven years, according to a person familiar with the deal.

The record-breaking contract through 2017 could be worth up to $250 million if certain conditions are met. One of the albums will be of never-before-released Jackson recordings that will come out in November, the person said.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the official announcement is expected Tuesday.

Future projects may also include a video game, a DVD compilation of videos and a re-release of "Off the Wall," Jackson's fifth studio album, which first came out in 1979, accompanied by some unreleased material. Before his sudden death in June at age 50, the pop star had wanted to re-issue the album, people familiar with the deal said.

One of the projects already counted in the contract was the two-disc album that accompanied "This Is It," the film based on footage of concert rehearsals for what was to have been Jackson's comeback at London's O2 arena.

So, 10 projects, 7 years:

Thus Far:
1. "This Is It" Soundtrack
2. "MJ: The Experience" Video Game
3. November 2010 MJ Album
4. Michael Jackson's "Vision" DVD set
5. "Off The Wall" Re-Release

Speculated by Smooth & others:
6. Bad Tour DVD
7. "Bad" Re-Release
8. Cirque Soundtrack
9. ?
10. ?

One of the albums will be of never-before-released Jackson recordings that will come out in November...
...Future projects may also include a video game, a DVD compilation of videos and a re-release of "Off the Wall," Jackson's fifth studio album, which first came out in 1979, accompanied by some unreleased material.

So it looks as though this article was quite accurate.

New album in November. Check (assuming it happens. we know it is planned)
Video game. Check
DVD compilation. Check.
Off The Wall. Check - we know Sony were gearing up to release this prior to MJ's death so I'd say that's almost certainly accurate too.

Surely there will be a celebration of BAD, so I'm sure a new edition of the album will be released. Not sure about the DVD though because I thought there were issues over who owned the footage.
We also know the Cirque du Soleil show is planned.

Anyway, I really wonder what the other projects will be. I guess I'm just being impatient. The next few years will have more MJ action than anybody has seen in a looong time. It's just a pity it's happening now MJ is not here.

Like I have said all along, my source has been telling me for months that the new album is slated for a November release. I last spoke with him earlier this week and he re-affirmed the November date. No new information was provided.

With the video game coming out the week of the 22nd, it's very possible this is the best week for the new album. Like I have posted before, it was always planned for BEFORE the US thanksgiving holiday. (it falls on Thursday Nov 25th this year) with Black Friday being on the 26th (biggest shopping day of the year). Sony and the estate have always wanted the album to be out before this date. I have been told to expect it Nov 15th or 22nd, and that hasn't changed since earlier this summer.

^^^^

Thanks a lot smooth.

It does look more and more like November is right but at some point, there's going to have to be some kind of an official announcement. I don't think they would just release a single to radio.

Like I have said all along, my source has been telling me for months that the new album is slated for a November release. I last spoke with him earlier this week and he re-affirmed the November date. No new information was provided.

With the video game coming out the week of the 22nd, it's very possible this is the best week for the new album. Like I have posted before, it was always planned for BEFORE the US thanksgiving holiday. (it falls on Thursday Nov 25th this year) with Black Friday being on the 26th (biggest shopping day of the year). Sony and the estate have always wanted the album to be out before this date. I have been told to expect it Nov 15th or 22nd, and that hasn't changed since earlier this summer.

According to your source an announcement about the new album was coming around MJ's birthday, that never happened. So your credibility has decreased enormously. If you indeed have a source don't tell me he didn't know plans had changed about the annoucement, that's just impossible.

Maybe a Dangerous re-release will be one of the projects????

The summary of this thread:

Please Smooth don't take it as an offense, [I never criticized you nor anyone else, I've always been sarcastic regarding the situation in which we all are], but I can't help it, I jokingly imagine the dialogue between your source and you:

Week 1:

Smooth: -Hi Source! When is the new album coming out?
Source: -Soon.
Fans on MJJCom: -Yeah! Cool!

Week 2:

Smooth: -Hello Source! When is the album coming out?
Source: -Soon! We are definitely sure that the album is scheduled and it'll come out maybe in June, maybe in July, maybe in August, maybe in September, maybe in October, maybe in November.
Fans on MJJCom: Thanks for info Smooth! We looove youuu!

Week 3:

Smooth: -Hi Source! Long time no see! When is the album...
Source: -November!
Fans on MJJCom: -Thanks! -Liar! -It's in March, you #@][^´% liar! -Smooth is not a liar, you're a liar! -Ban him! -Stone him! -Hang him! -Who the hell are you? -Who the hell is he! -The album IS coming in November! -No, it's not, and you are a racist for telling that!, blablabla

Week 4:

Smooth: Source! Hello...!
Source: ---radio silence--
Fans on MJJCom: -You see, he gives no news any more! -He's a liar! -No, he's not! - -Yes, he is, and you too are! -Kick! Kick! Punch! Hit! Combo kick! blablabla,... his jokes are pathetic, ...blablabla, [whining]: Iwannaanewaaalbuuuum, blahblabla, if it's not coming out Smooth should be banned, blablabla... should be promoted like this, like that, f*ck Sony...,blablabla, they know nothing, blablabla

Week 5:

Smooth: Hello? Source?
Source: What do you want?
Smooth: Eeerrrmn the new album?
Source: Are you deaf or what? I told ya! N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R!
Fans on MJJCom: No way! Too short! blahblahblah marketing, promotion, ...Smooth is more and more cautious... blablabla,

Week 6:

Smooth: -Source? Are you there?
Source: -What the f*¨ck do you want over and over again and again? If you ask me about the new album again, I'll shoot you!
Smooth: Well,... is it still for November?
Source: -I don't care and I don't know! Ask the Estate! Na!
Fans on MJJCom: -Sony sucks blahblah, sony don't know, blahblah! Sony paid much money, they know everything! Smooth is a traitor! He doesn't know, blahblah! Smooth is accurate, he knows, blahblabla

Week 7

Week 8

etc, etc

Week 35435:

-Smooth: -Source, they're crucifying me, is the album ready?
-Source: -Shut uuuup! I've had enough of you! Takes a gun and shoots himself in the head. Falls down and farts.
-Fans on MJJCom: -Yeah! -Cheers! 3 DVDs! -We're not happy! DVDs should be B-rays! -

I really like this thread, but if we continue like this somebody will shoot himself in such a chaotic thread. So take it with a smile :)

Taking a look at an old article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/15/michael-jackson-sony-deal_n_500231.html

So, 10 projects, 7 years:

Thus Far:
1. "This Is It" Soundtrack
2. "MJ: The Experience" Video Game
3. November 2010 MJ Album
4. Michael Jackson's "Vision" DVD set
5. "Off The Wall" Re-Release
-TII Soundtrack was released before the 250m $ contract was made
-MJ: The Experience is from Ubisoft and probably has nothing to do with the Sony contract

^Remember the announcement comes from the estate, and is then given to Sony when it's finished. Everyone at Sony was expecting something around MJ's bday. That was the inside talk at the time. There's nothing more to say, sometimes things change.

-MJ: The Experience is from Ubisoft and probably has nothing to do with the Sony contract

It was generally reported that the $250mil contract retroactively included the TII soundtrack release.

As for the video game, it was widely reported by the media (such as that Huffington Post article) that MJ's new Sony contract includes a video game. We're assuming The Experience would be it.

Since the game so heavily involves music, it's likely that Sony Music will receive a royalty from each unit sold. My guess is that each game unit sold is paid out to Sony as if an album was sold, which at $50 MSRP, there's plenty of room for that.

The summary of this thread:

Please Smooth don't take it as an offense, [I never criticized you nor anyone else, I've always been sarcastic regarding the situation in which we all are], but I can't help it, I jokingly imagine the dialogue between your source and you:

Week 1:

Smooth: -Hi Source! When is the new album coming out?
Source: -Soon.
Fans on MJJCom: -Yeah! Cool!

Week 2:

Smooth: -Hello Source! When is the album coming out?
Source: -Soon! We are definitely sure that the album is scheduled and it'll come out maybe in June, maybe in July, maybe in August, maybe in September, maybe in October, maybe in November.
Fans on MJJCom: Thanks for info Smooth! We looove youuu!

Week 3:

Smooth: -Hi Source! Long time no see! When is the album...
Source: -November!
Fans on MJJCom: -Thanks! -Liar! -It's in March, you #@][^´% liar! -Smooth is not a liar, you're a liar! -Ban him! -Stone him! -Hang him! -Who the hell are you? -Who the hell is he! -The album IS coming in November! -No, it's not, and you are a racist for telling that!, blablabla

Week 4:

Smooth: Source! Hello...!
Source: ---radio silence--
Fans on MJJCom: -You see, he gives no news any more! -He's a liar! -No, he's not! - -Yes, he is, and you too are! -Kick! Kick! Punch! Hit! Combo kick! blablabla,... his jokes are pathetic, ...blablabla, [whining]: Iwannaanewaaalbuuuum, blahblabla, if it's not coming out Smooth should be banned, blablabla... should be promoted like this, like that, f*ck Sony...,blablabla, they know nothing, blablabla

Week 5:

Smooth: Hello? Source?
Source: What do you want?
Smooth: Eeerrrmn the new album?
Source: Are you deaf or what? I told ya! N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R!
Fans on MJJCom: No way! Too short! blahblahblah marketing, promotion, ...Smooth is more and more cautious... blablabla,

Week 6:

Smooth: -Source? Are you there?
Source: -What the f*¨ck do you want over and over again and again? If you ask me about the new album again, I'll shoot you!
Smooth: Well,... is it still for November?
Source: -I don't care and I don't know! Ask the Estate! Na!
Fans on MJJCom: -Sony sucks blahblah, sony don't know, blahblah! Sony paid much money, they know everything! Smooth is a traitor! He doesn't know, blahblah! Smooth is accurate, he knows, blahblabla

Week 7

Week 8

etc, etc

Week 35435:

-Smooth: -Source, they're crucifying me, is the album ready?
-Source: -Shut uuuup! I've had enough of you! Takes a gun and shoots himself in the head. Falls down and farts.
-Fans on MJJCom: -Yeah! -Cheers! 3 DVDs! -We're not happy! DVDs should be B-rays! -

I really like this thread, but if we continue like this somebody will shoot himself in such a chaotic thread. So take it with a smile :)

You need to stop. Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous and its time to stop. You think yourself funny when all your doing is showing your ass and its not very flattering. Once was funny now its getting rather sad.

Leave SC05 alone if you dont trust him then dont post about him or the news hes giving us. Ignore him if you feel he is a liar.

I'm just sayin.

When the contract was announced, it was made clear that the TII soundtrack counted as one of the projects. Yes the album was out before the contract was announced, but it is part of the deal.

MORE UPDATES from TEDDY RILEY1:

He just tweeted: "I'm working with the most incredible composer Benjamin Wright.."

"Man all I can say is God is incredible!!! MJ is gonna be proud."

I love Benjamin Wright's stuff. He uses an orchestra. He's worked on a ton of good stuff including Timberlake's Until The End of Time.

You need to stop. Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous and its time to stop. You think yourself funny when all your doing is showing your ass and its not very flattering. Once was funny now its getting rather sad.

Leave SC05 alone if you dont trust him then dont post about him or the news hes giving us. Ignore him if you feel he is a liar.

I'm just sayin.

And a punch in my face! Thanks!

MORE UPDATES from TEDDY RILEY1:

He just tweeted: "I'm working with the most incredible composer Benjamin Wright.."

"Man all I can say is God is incredible!!! MJ is gonna be proud."

I love Benjamin Wright's stuff. He uses an orchestra. He's worked on a ton of good stuff including Timberlake's Until The End of Time.

Really, really exciting! Thanks a lot Derek!

I am going to provide another UPDATE:

TEDDY RILEY1 has confirmed Hold My Hand will be on the album.

Don't worry, Bumper Snippet.

Although I don't enjoy your style of comedy all that much, I admire you for trying to bring some levity in here while we wait for news.

This thread has become a bit of a joke. MJ's new album should be joyous, but instead all we seem to do is keep complaining, feeling a sense of entitlement, thinking about the next product we can consume.

Lets just take a step back, realise how awesome this will be, be nice to each other and be constructive.

It's been a long wait and an emotional couple of years, but there's more to gain from this release than a shopping list. Just let it happen organically, absorb it all and enjoy it.

If people want to joke around, lets not cut them down for it. All positive input should be welcome. As you put it, GinnyJackson, if you don't find Bumper entertaining, ignore it. Let others have their fun. It's only fair.

...I don't often post anymore, but I had to say something.

Jeremy.

EDIT: That being said, maybe paraphrasing Smooth was a bit much.

Last edited:

For all of you who don't know who Benjamin Wright is, he did the strings on the Off The Wall album. He does incredible work. Google him. He's impressive.

Back