Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

What about promotion sc05? Any word on how they will promote these items?

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

^Like I've said from the beginning, Hold My Hand is still not confirmed for the new album although it's always been a strong contender. People following Riley's tweets will see that alot is not 100% confirmed yet which is why a few of my posts can seem contradicting at times. It's hard to report information like this and always be 100% accurate. Not even MJ could manage that.

Promotion begins with a press announcement and then with the launch of the single. November will be big with interviews, advertisements (television, magazine, billboard, radio, internet), etc. In a way, this is a good thing because it allows momentum to peak right when the album is coming out. It's a shock marketing campaign, that will literally come out of nowhere.

^Like I've said from the beginning, Hold My Hand is still not confirmed for the new album although it's always been a strong contender. People following Riley's tweets will see that alot is not 100% confirmed yet which is why a few of my posts can seem contradicting at times. It's hard to report information like this and always be 100% accurate. Not even MJ could manage that.

Promotion begins with a press announcement and then with the launch of the single. November will be big with interviews, advertisements (television, magazine, billboard, radio, internet), etc. In a way, this is a good thing because it allows momentum to peak right when the album is coming out. It's a shock marketing campaign, that will literally come out of nowhere.
Thanks for the information, Smooth; but this waiting is unbearable. :better:

Dude, you told us in an earlier post that you could confirm that the tracklist was 100% complete.

Not trying to start up trouble or anything... We just want some info we can depend on.

if teddy is still working on tracks and hes actually working on tracks for this album. i dont see how theres gonna be a nov release. its late in the day already interms of announcements and promo

just because the track list is complete doesn't mean the songs are. The songs can still be tweeked. Remember Thriller was completed and Michael didn't like it so they went back and reworked it before it was released. So just because something is 100% complete doesn't mean it cant still be tweeked.

if teddy is still working on tracks and hes actually working on tracks for this album. i dont see how theres gonna be a nov release. its late in the day already interms of announcements and promo

The thing is, is that Teddy Riley twitter even real? It's not verified or anything yet...has it been confirmed yet? :scratch:

I dont understand the perception that alot of people on this board have regarding all of the "leaked" or unreleased songs such as Hold My Hand.

I have read countless times how HMH, Escape and several other songs have been heard and therefore shouldnt be included in any album releases.

Since MJ isnt around anymore to make new music, ALL of these unrealeased but leaked songs will have to be included on albums and are apart of his unreleased vault. Songs from Got the hots all the way to recently recorded stuff will be released eventually.

I dont have a problem with them taking or adding one or two of these tracks on each album going forward until all of the leaked songs have been officially included on new LP releases.

Are Escape and HMH going to sound better if released 5 years from now or are they going to sound even more dated?

I just used Escape and HMH as an example and I dont love either one of them but I do understand that they are going to have to be included in future album releases whether they are released on the November album or on future releases

i think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it is legit

Thanks Smooth!
Appreciate your updates!

Thanks again smooth! That promotion campaign sounds really great!

Could U tell us if Family thing will be on the new album ?
Not that I know of. I signed a non-disclosure. Pls understand you will be proud.
What "family thing" are they talking about? :blink:

Does anyone know or think what kinda of artwork will be use for MJ new album?

Dude, you told us in an earlier post that you could confirm that the tracklist was 100% complete.

Not trying to start up trouble or anything... We just want some info we can depend on.

In case anybody's new to this thread : SC_05 has been discredited as an insider.

In case anybody's new to this thread : SC_05 has been discredited as an insider.

Just for accuracy's sake, that isn't a fact. It is only the opinion of some minorities on this board.

Moving on though....

According to some posters at Maximum Jackson, "Family Thing" is likely just the original version of "Is It Scary" as it was originally written & recorded for the film The Adams Family Values.

What "family thing" are they talking about? :blink:

I think there was something of that title the two of them (MJ and TR) worked on in 1990/91 for Dangerous, but I'm not sure.

-----------------------

There are five unreleased tracks by MJ/TR from Invincible. Do you think he's working only on these or something else?

Last edited:

Family Thing = early version of Is It Scary from 1993. That's what I believe.

just because the track list is complete doesn't mean the songs are. The songs can still be tweeked. Remember Thriller was completed and Michael didn't like it so they went back and reworked it before it was released. So just because something is 100% complete doesn't mean it cant still be tweeked.

Exactly, the track list had been decided upon in August. That's when producers were given tracks to work on and finish them to make them sound similar and flowing. I do not know this track list and have never claimed to say I did.

===== QUOTE elusive moonwalker ====

===== /QUOTE ====

The thing is, is that Teddy Riley twitter even real? It's not verified or anything yet...has it been confirmed yet? :scratch:

Yes, it is his real Twitter account 100%.

Thank you for Smooth and anyone else for updates.

I really would like to hear "Family Thing". I love Is It Scary-one of my favorites! I am getting so excited for the album. It seems like they are rushing to get things complete, but I think it can be done in time. I really think it will blow people away to hear new stuff. I just hope MJ would be proud of the new album. Hope they make the kids proud of their dad-or more proud.

Still on for the November release I'm told. My source spoke with someone who contacts the estate directly and the last word (yesterday) was that November is still a go. Week of release is Nov 22nd to co-incide with the game, that's the plan right now. The DVD set is also coming alone nicely and will be out the same week, or possibly a week earlier
I'm told.

Producers as we know are still working on material. The deadline is approaching (end of Sept) and October will be a very busy month with with the estate preparing all the final details and then sending them over to Sony for production by first week of November. Sony needs a solid 2-3 weeks to get everything printed and shipped out.

The single planned for the album is still expected out "close to Halloween", and Sony is expecting more info from the estate extremely soon.

:wild: :wild: :wild:

Thanks SC05!!!!!!! :)

Oh God, November is my birthday!!! :wild:
crazy_kermit.gif

Oh Michael... :cry:

Which DVD-set??

The DVD set that will include all his music videos, plus some unreleased stuff as I understand. Looks like it will be a 3-disc set.

The DVD set that will include all his music videos, plus some unreleased stuff as I understand. Looks like it will be a 3-disc set.

Ohhh I hope for this..Plus be released in USA..It would sale sooo many.

I dont understand the perception that alot of people on this board have regarding all of the "leaked" or unreleased songs such as Hold My Hand.

I have read countless times how HMH, Escape and several other songs have been heard and therefore shouldnt be included in any album releases.

Since MJ isnt around anymore to make new music, ALL of these unrealeased but leaked songs will have to be included on albums and are apart of his unreleased vault. Songs from Got the hots all the way to recently recorded stuff will be released eventually.

I dont have a problem with them taking or adding one or two of these tracks on each album going forward until all of the leaked songs have been officially included on new LP releases.

Are Escape and HMH going to sound better if released 5 years from now or are they going to sound even more dated?

I just used Escape and HMH as an example and I dont love either one of them but I do understand that they are going to have to be included in future album releases whether they are released on the November album or on future releases
I was thinking the exact same thing. MJ isn't here to make music anymore, so eventually all his unreleased stuff will come out. It might as well come out now.

Yeah sure? :/ And it was made for Pee-Wee. 'You know I'm Pee, I'm Wee, you know it, you know..'

Righhhttttttt...........

From Bruce Swedien - Michael’s Recording Engineer

When we started work on the album, the title song had a working title of “Pee!” Now that I think about it, I think we even called the album Pee as well. The name Pee was a Quincy name, of course. Quincy told me that the title song, (at that time named Pee) was going to be a duet for Michael and Prince.
Gearslutz All....

Before Michael wrote the lyric for "BAD", the working title for "BAD" was "PEE"...

Bruce

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/bruce-swedien/85530-what-happened-prince-bad.html

Anyways...

Thanks smooth, for your updates! Very exciting. :)

MJStar also had the 'exclusive' news on the physical single of 'This Is It' last year, even when Sony knew nothing of it! Intriuging..

From Damien over at Max Jax:

Information directly from Sony Music:

The 3-DVD set will be called "Vision" - that is definite. It will be released in late November, the same time as the game, and contain Michael's videos from throughout his career, plus unreleased, never before seen footage. The album will also be released at the same time as the DVD and game.

It is TRUE that Sony Music just viewed a brand new MJ song and accompanying short film for the song. It is also TRUE that this short film will be part of the 3-DVD "Vision" set.

NEW INFO:

November 23rd in Australia will mark the launch of the new MJ era. There will be an event held in Sydney to mark the occasion. The event is an official Sony Music Entertainment event in promotion of the new MJ releases.

I would have loved to be in that screening room. Incredible.

I'll slap anybody down if they try to question Damien's reliability. He has good, solid, RELIABLE information...

Last edited:

From Bruce Swedien - Michael’s Recording Engineer

When we started work on the album, the title song had a working title of “Pee!” Now that I think about it, I think we even called the album Pee as well. The name Pee was a Quincy name, of course. Quincy told me that the title song, (at that time named Pee) was going to be a duet for Michael and Prince.

Im sorry but i reckon hes talking :censored:....that just IMO

I do hope there's a Blu-Ray release, its about time we had the greatest videos available in hi-def, Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat it, Ghosts, TWYMMF the list is endless...

Back