Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

so according to Taj the article stating that he thinks the album contain false material is a completely inaccurate, yet he believed some is fake, yet its going to be an incredible album... wtf? Can he please make one clear statement that makes sense.

Taj:
"It will be incredible.@missKoito: who's "our"? because your uncle Jackie thinks the new album is incredible. "

The new Taj tweet is confusing. lol Why does everything have to be so complicated?
On a positive note, the reply from Akon sounds very promising.

In this case, I think that Taj might have been talking about Jackie's album. But I don't know. If not that, then what was he saying?

Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

Agrees with this. Gary, that was low.

Oh please, have people just forgotten how to ENJOY this time? He teased for two pages, but two pages on this thread lately is all of about 10-15 minutes. Big deal. That was "low?" Wow.

I seem to remember someone else to liked to have fun and play around... his name was Michael Jackson.

Perhaps some people should keep that in mind when they're posting around here.

I think we misunderstand Taj's tweets!

He didn't say he thought the songs were fake! We just automatically assumed he meant this when he tweeted: "Our position hasn't changed regarding a few songs on the new album."

But did he mean that? Or did he mean their position is that it will be incredible? It sounds like the latter, because when someone asks him: "@missKoito: who's "our"? because your uncle Jackie thinks the new album is incredible." to that he answers: "It will be incredible."

The Breaking News teaser was a brilliant move by SONY, It sounds like Michael and you can even hear him beatboxing the tune just like TJ.
Im hoping we get the full track on monday instead of another track

Ok Taj just tweeted this:

"Our position hasn't changed regarding a few songs on the new album. "
half a minute ago via Twitter for iPad

http://twitter.com/tajjackson3

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means...

Edit: I'm guessing Jackie heard a different album then if he says it sounds incredible?
well...if actual members of Michael's family have things to say about this new album, and considering the folks here on this forum...look out for at least three more threads.

ima leave this forum and go to mj dot com so i won't get banned. lol

Having relistened to hold my hand yet again, i'm coming to the conclusion that something could be acheived from this. But the track is no where near reaching it's fll potential. For instance the piano sound at the end is vile, sounds like a cheap midi piano. Plus it isn't played with much musicality. The strings sound overly dry at the beginging, you could put a beautiful line in over those strings, plus, excluding the first one, the chord changes between the strings sound too rushed and mechanical. I'd also perhaps alter that snare drum and the bass drum sounds so generic and tacky. The harmonies on the chorus sound good, but at the end it's needing more addlibbs and better ones at that, more from MJ aswell, Akon gets the more noticable ones. I do like how the harmonys on the chorus are more MJ dominated although i can hear some Akon in there. The composition isn't brilliant, but it can be made ok with some serious tweeking as the production is extreemly tacky at the moment.

I'm sorry but.....Teddy Riley worked on these songs that are supposed to be fake. I am pretty sure if the vocals were fake he would know.

That's what I think to. I hate to sound redundant. But that's why he needs to say something IMO. His producing credibility could be on the line because of all the junk out there about this right now.

I think we misunderstand Taj's tweets!

He didn't say he thought the songs were fake! We just automatically assumed he meant this when he tweeted: "Our position hasn't changed regarding a few songs on the new album."

But did he mean that? Or did he mean their position is that it will be incredible? It sounds like the latter, because when someone asks him: "@missKoito: who's "our"? because your uncle Jackie thinks the new album is incredible." to that he answers: "It will be incredible."

That could definitely be possible. We're in a defensive mode right now. See how quick we jump to conclusions and judgement.. Slow down guys ;)

The confimation that HMH will be the first single has just killed my enthusiasm for the album. This song isn't good enough to be a hidden song on a Michael album let alone the first single. We have been told there are 100's of great unreleased Michael songs, if this is the case why wouldHMH be on the album. Akon in my opinion is absolutely talentless yet there will be a song written by him on the new MJ album, it just doesn't add up. Maybe we can find something Peter Andre wrote for the next album.

The Jackson family needs to piss off. :)

The confimation that HMH will be the first single has just killed my enthusiasm for the album. This song isn't good enough to be a hidden song on a Michael album let alone the first single. We have been told there are 100's of great unreleased Michael songs, if this is the case why wouldHMH be on the album. Akon in my opinion is absolutely talentless yet there will be a song written by him on the new MJ album, it just doesn't add up. Maybe we can find something Peter Andre wrote for the next album.

some guy called Claude kelly i think his name was wrote it, the last line made me lol though. I'm not happy about hold my hand either, but as a posted a few mins ago, it could be improved with some changes. I'm hoping Michael too agreed with me and also spotted these changed, cause i woudln't expect Akon to spot anything like that.

Akon did not write the song. Akon has confirmed on his Twitter that the version on the album has more MJ and that it is different from the one that leaked.

Michael's music always evolved.... several songs were written during one decade and not released or put onto an album until much later.

Ever heard the early versions of Dangerous? They sound NOTHING like the final product... and in my opinion, are much worse. Don't judge it until you've heard the version being released. Which 99% of the world will not have heard anyway.

So it's been confirmed that Hold My Hand will be the first single? Who confirmed this?

I wonder who the face is above the 'Off the wall' MJ, who's that? It's on the left.

Akon did not write the song. Akon has confirmed on his Twitter that the version on the album has more MJ and that it is different from the one that leaked.

Michael's music always evolved.... several songs were written during one decade and not released or put onto an album until much later.

Ever heard the early versions of Dangerous? They sound NOTHING like the final product... and in my opinion, are much worse. Don't judge it until you've heard the version being released. Which 99% of the world will not have heard anyway.

Okay so Akon didn't write it, it still isn't good enough for this album. I'm sure it will be an improvement on the version we know but it will still be the same weak lyrics.

So it's been confirmed that Hold My Hand will be the first single? Who confirmed this?

There was a Twitter post by Akon that could have insinuated this, but it's not confirmed. It's definitely on the album but I'm not really sure it's been properly confirmed as the first single.

Well, I guess Akon's tweets are kinda hard to deny as far as proof of 'Hold My Hand' becoming the first single goes...

I had not listened to the 2008 version of the track for a while, so I listened to it again a few times just now, and I gotta say -- I think that a cleaned up, updated, re-edited version of this with more MJ vocals (making it "MJ featuring Akon", instead of "Akon featuring MJ") does have huge mainstream potential.

It also fits the pattern of MJ releasing a slow/mid-tempo tracks and/or duets as first singles (The Girl Is Mine, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, You Are Not Alone, You Rock My World). But we'll see. I'm guessing an official announcement shouldn't be too far off.

Like I thought: HMH is not the original song we all have . It's been re-mixed and the new version has way more MJ vocals. So it will be refreshing to hear. This puts my mind at ease somewhat.

I personally think HMH would be a great track to release, with MJ featuring more of course.

Like I thought: HMH is not the original song we all have . It's been re-mixed and the new version has way more MJ vocals. So it will be refreshing to hear. This puts my mind at ease somewhat.

that's a good first stage, but it needs more lines to weave in and out to stop it becoming bland. Also the production as i stated earlier is not good, that needs improving, i hope all the sounds used were only demo sounds.

hold my hand will be the first single???

wth??

well, ill just put my faith in michael and leave it up to him to turn that decent track we all heard in 2008 into an AMAZING and MINDBLOWING one.

hope Akon isnt on the track. A first single would be nice with just Michael alone.

2zsb7lv.jpg

hold my hand will be the first single???

wth??

well, ill just put my faith in michael and leave it up to him to turn that decent track we all heard in 2008 into an AMAZING and MINDBLOWING one.

hope Akon isnt on the track. A first single would be nice with just Michael alone.

Most of his first singles were duets.

But the melody will probably stay the same, and it's just very average in my opinion. But i also realize...it is what it is. I just hope that there won't be many other songs on it that we have already heard. It was said before that there would be familiar stuff on it, familiar for fans...but we'll see.

Most of his first singles were duets.

Not for Thriller, Dangerous, and HIStory. Maybe even Invincible?

Back