Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

One More Chance is 6 times better than Hold My Hand (Demo).

I wonder would sony be watching the reaction from the fans to the news of HMH being on the album, lets hope so although i reckon it might be too late to make chances. This really is a massive downer.

for me it should have been a bonus track on the album, breaking news and another track should be the lead single i think.

like we want a track every1 will wanna hear cauze its epic

I'm about to use Dangerous as example. You beat me. Lol..

I understand why some people are upset about the fact that HMH may be the lead single. But, we really don't know what the final version sounds like. I guess if the Dangerous demo was leaked in 1990 and internet was popularized back then, people would have trashed the song. People would have said the song is not strong enough to be the title track of the upcoming Michael Jackson album. But, with Teddy Riley's contribution, boom! Dangerous ended up being an amazing track to end the great Dangerous album!

Don't jump to conclusion so prematurely! We don't know what we gonna get.

Exactly. It doesn't even sound like the same song as what ended up on the album.

Earth Song, Little Susie, They Don't Care About Us... all songs that progressed over time before finally ending up on an MJ album. I'm sure there's more, that's just off the top of my head.

Point being... we can't judge it until we hear it. What we have heard means nothing.

I wonder would sony be watching the reaction from the fans to the news of HMH being on the album, lets hope so although i reckon it might be too late to make chances. This really is a massive downer.

We just don't know how the final version of HMH will sound like. You cannot judge a song by a demo or early unpolished version. Granted, some songs, such as Billie Jean, WBSS and WDAN, sound almost the same as the demos. But, other songs, such as Dangerous, evolve tremendously from the demos.

I guess if songs like YANA, TGIM, IJCSLY are leaked before their official releases, fans would probably say those songs were not good enough. However, they all ended up to be chart topper. YANA even entered the chart at #1.

Okay i will accept it might be good it they makes big chances and not just to the music, change the lyrics too, heck while there at it they may aswell change the name too.

I can't say I'm wild about the idea of HMH as the first single, but I don't have any idea what they've done to it or how it's been improved so I'm not going to start bitching and moaning when I'm better off spending that energy being ecstatic about the new album release as a whole :D

I hope someone listening. When it first leaked people were excited to hear something from Michael but no one was crazy about it.

Maybe Acon should have done a rap like guys try to speak up for a friend to a girl or something but them singing the same thing is not cool and the critics will have a field day. Michael doesn't need that.

The fans want songs that are fresh and new and we who love him deserve to have the best, he deserves the best. I admit I haven't head the finished product but Michael's other demos were strong fierce songs with catchy rhythms that stuck with you for their depth not 'cause two people were repeating them atleast a hundred times in the song.

Maybe it's great now. I don't know but please, please, please don't let them torment us as having it as the first single.

90% of the things I write I feel safe in saying I don't like much as well so understand it is not just reserved for Acon's song. I just want good music and think Michael and his fans deserve the absolute best.

i hope it don't become a race to beat beethoven's fifth symphony for overproduction. too much whip cream isn't good for my stomach. i hope i recognize HMH when i hear it again..it was fine the way it was, but i'm sure they know what they're doing..

everybody has different opinions, but to me it's a great great song. the lighter, the better. the heavier, the less i can play it cus it would be too rich. right now, it's so light, it's airy. and it's not fair to compare it wih Dangerous. up to Dangerous, there were no turbulent times in MJ's life.

Last edited:

When it first leaked people were excited to hear something from Michael but no one was crazy about it.
I know plenty of people who LOVED the song. I played it for many of my friends who aren't MJ fans and they wished it would be released.

This song has mass appeal. I'm so glad that it will be officially released and with more MJ vocals. :yes:

guys we had a productive night here.

We learned from Akon's own words that the MJ album version of Hold my Hand is not the same as the 08 leaked version, that it has more of his vocals, we know that it's been worked and at least Akon is very happy and excited about it.

I really think that we should wait to hear the song - the new version- before jumping into conclusions. I also think that the estate/sony is giving us -the fans - "Breaking News" as the new never unheard song and they might be using the Hold My Hand for the general public and as a possible Christmas number 1.

I don't know about the other parts of the world but in US already Christmas songs are doing good on the charts (Glee Christmas album, Mariah Carey, Jackie Evancho etc). So they might have a legit plan here.

I hope someone listening. When it first leaked people were excited to hear something from Michael but no one was crazy about it.

Maybe Acon should have done a rap like guys try to speak up for a friend to a girl or something but them singing the same thing is not cool and the critics will have a field day. Michael doesn't need that.

The fans want songs that are fresh and new and we who love him deserve to have the best, he deserves the best. I admit I haven't head the finished product but Michael's other demos were strong fierce songs with catchy rhythms that stuck with you for their depth not 'cause two people were repeating them atleast a hundred times in the song.

Maybe it's great now. I don't know but please, please, please don't let them torment us as having it as the first single.

90% of the things I write I feel safe in saying I don't like much as well so understand it is not just reserved for Acon's song. I just want good music and think Michael and his fans deserve the absolute best.

I know what your saying, the first single can often make or break an album and i really can't see the critics taking to this one, i mean even if they do change it a lot the lyrics will still be the same and they are pretty bad. They have a month to make changes and put a better song in instead, it can't be too hard to find a better song.

I dont like the idea of being HMHM the first single, but if the new version is better than the first, with more vocals from Michael then maybe we will love it.Time will show

I can't say I'm wild about the idea of HMH as the first single, but I don't have any idea what they've done to it or how it's been improved so I'm not going to start bitching and moaning when I'm better off spending that energy being ecstatic about the new album release as a whole :D

:) I know. The demo sounds amazing, the rhythm is great and I'm anxious to hear Michael's vocals.

DO u guy think the new album have a chance at selling a million in its first week

I have to say i totally disagree with anyone who dislikes the HMH song.
We first heard it in august of 2008 and i like many others were blown away at the thought of getting a new song like that.
HMH is a classic right up there with the likes Heal The World, WATW etc and furthermore we are all familiar with it.
To hear another "finished" version along with Akon's vocals will be amazing and im just a little surprised that this isnt the song being released this monday.

IF it wasn't Katherine who uploaded the song and she didn't allow it - why is the song still on her website? - she could have it taken down in 3 min.

DO u guy think the new album have a chance at selling a million in its first week

The album will only be available to preorder in a one week period which means its very likely that the number of sales will far exceed a million with ease.

IF it wasn't Katherine who uploaded the song and she didn't allow it - why is the song still on her website? - she could have it taken down in 3 min.

There's some serious corruption going on at their end...i only hope they sort it out

Another thing is we all know the album will have approx 10 to 12 tracks , 10 of which are unconfirmed but im curious as to how Sony are going to market the collectors and special editions with even more tracks as we havent heard anything yet.
Also what are happening with the "Another Day " and " A place with no name" tracks ? surely they must be on the new album ?

No, not really. Maybe 6-800.000 copies worldwide. And that would be very impressive actually. That can only happen if there are GREAT GREAT songs on the album and HUGE HUGE promotion. Promotion should be even bigger than HIStory promotion.

Here are my predictions for the tracks on the new album "MICHAEL "

1. Hold My Hand ( Feat Akon )
2. Another Day ( Feat Lenny Kravitz )
3. Breaking News
4. Soldiers Entrance
5. On My Anger
6. A Place with no name
7. The Future
8.Seduction
9.Tubeway
10.Escape
11.Why Shy
12.Stay
13. Bonus itunes Hidden Track ( Unknown )

i've seen on this site, that pre orders have shot the album up to number 19 on amazon..MJ trended number 7 on twitter..so..i think it's pretty much in the bag.

:lol: I forgot about presales. - Yeah maybe worldwide sales for the first week will be more than a million copies. BUT - that would be unreal. I mean in the world we live in today with illegal downloads and stuff, that is crazy. It would be very nice if it did. - That would also mean it would be #1 in many many countries around the world.

If Taylor Swift can get 1 million in a week, I'm pretty sure Michael can too. The demand for this album is HIGH.

All I can say is Wow. There is some serious problems going on with the family.
My take is the two 'business partners', joe, RF and Oxman. Doubt if Katherine has much if
anything to do with the Vault sight online. Which also means she's not aware of
the derogatory reference to Michael there. And someone is in her ear about the
validity of the new tracts. Not good. She needs a bit of protection I believe.

She is a good, strong woman and I'm feeling protective of her, the kids and
Michael's legacy. Hope someone steps up and deals with it.

Man, Michael would be livid.

All I can say is Wow. There is some serious problems going on with the family.
My take is the two 'business partners', joe, RF and Oxman. Doubt if Katherine has much if
anything to do with the Vault sight online. Which also means she's not aware of
the derogatory reference to Michael there. And someone is in her ear about the
validity of the new tracts. Not good. She needs a bit of protection I believe.

She is a good, strong woman and I'm feeling protective of her, the kids and
Michael's legacy. Hope someone steps up and deals with it.

Man, Michael would be livid.

I think Katherine is merely being used to advertise their pointless merchandise.
The site should be disowned by the family

I messed something up with the quote so I will repost this. Sorry!

Last edited:
Back