Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

^ What's depressing is all the negative attitudes. We don't have the album yet, but it's already being judged. Unbelievable.

I think another track would've been great as the first single if it had been released last month, like we were originally expecting. Since that's not the case, I think it's rather brilliant of them to go with HMH because of the holiday season. It's the perfect time of year for a song like that. I can't wait to hear the new reworked version. I hope it's not changed much, just with more of MJ's vocals. :heart:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Time Zone Chart for 'Breaking News' premiere on mj.com:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...1&year=2010&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p1=179&sort=2+
(Set for midnight Eastern Time. The US goes back to standard time tonight, so that means it will be 5am in the UK and 6am CET ; )

I think another track would've been great as the first single if it had been released last month, like we were originally expecting. Since that's not the case, I think it's rather brilliant of them to go with HMH because of the holiday season. It's the perfect time of year for a song like that. I can't wait to hear the new reworked version. I hope it's not changed much, just with more of MJ's vocals. :heart:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Time Zone Chart for 'Breaking News' premiere on mj.com:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...1&year=2010&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p1=179&sort=2+
(Set for midnight Eastern Time. The US goes back to standard time tonight, so that means it will be 5am in the UK and 6am CET ; )

Hey, I like your pic.

guys we had a productive night here.

We learned from Akon's own words that the MJ album version of Hold my Hand is not the same as the 08 leaked version, that it has more of his vocals, we know that it's been worked and at least Akon is very happy and excited about it.

I really think that we should wait to hear the song - the new version- before jumping into conclusions. I also think that the estate/sony is giving us -the fans - "Breaking News" as the new never unheard song and they might be using the Hold My Hand for the general public and as a possible Christmas number 1.

I don't know about the other parts of the world but in US already Christmas songs are doing good on the charts (Glee Christmas album, Mariah Carey, Jackie Evancho etc). So they might have a legit plan here.
The thought of that leading Michael's new CD is depressing.

I understand some people like the song but it is my absolute least favorite song Michael has ever done. Reworked it could be the best bbut it's nothing for me to look forward to. I don't look forward to hearing Michael and Acon sharing vocals of "hold my hand." Do you understand what I am saying? I've had it with tabloid garbage gossip and I don't think they should help them with it with said duet. I think the melody was weak and as was brilliantly stated before the first single can make or break a CD. With Michael, he can throw a weaker song out first cause people are so desperately hungry for new music they will bite anything on the line. The first song will do well because it's Michael. It should be something deserving of that spot. It's not like an opening act before the featured artist it's like a business card. If you like me please call. How many are discarded? Make or break!

I think I'm gonna log off soon and get the miserable thought of that being the first song out of my mind. It would likely spark more gay rumors and I know Michael was not gay but I have heard the garbage rumors since I was a child and I am sick and tired of them. If the song was amazing maybe the end would justify the means so to speak but it isn't worth that... I was dealing with the thought of it being on the CD. This is bad...

I'm glad some people like it and I don't criticize your opinions I'm just expressing mine and you are of the few I have heard liked the song beyond the fact that Michael's voice was on it.

I will look forward to the rest of the teaser song and get my mind off of this now. It really is a "confirmed" reason for me to be depressed.

Goodnight all and God bless!!!

P.s I like the one month to make changes thought- that's something to try to be optimistic about:)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw on ytube and I just almost fainted! I JUST LOOOOVE THE BEAT THE WHOLE BEGINNING - I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS - THIS IS AWESOME!!! THANK YOU MICHAEL!!!:wild::wild::wild::wild::wild:

Hey, I like your pic.
Oh, thanks. I keep feeling compelled to make everything Egpytian-themed :lol: Here's the full version.

So that means it comes at 6pm Monday for me not 5pm... bugger :p
I know. I was like... ugh! I have to stay awake until 6am now to hear it! :doh: I say "stay awake" because I know there's noooooo way I can sleep beforehand. :wild:

I really think that we should wait to hear the song - the new version- before jumping into conclusions.

AMEN. People are judging HMH when they don't even know what the final product sounds like, SMH.

Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

I think the estate are a lot cleverer than people give them credit for. I reckon this whole fake vocals story was planted by the estate to get people talking about the album. Michael did this kind of stuff while he was alive, there's nothing like a bit of controversy to launch an album release.

Those have been my thoughts all along- not quite that the estate planted it, but the fact the controversy is good pr for the album - controversy is what Michael liked before an album launch. Now, it could very well be that theestate planted this whole story which btw would be brilliant and I know Michael would be smiling. hehe

I don't mind that much about the controversy in and of itself -- it's true that it gets people talking -- I just don't like these supposed (or real) quotes from the children. I just don't think they need to be involved in these adult matters.

edit.......................

I think Katherine is merely being used to advertise their pointless merchandise.
The site should be disowned by the family

Agreed...and I think Katherine should disown Joe for good because I think he's the one spreading all this fake MJ vocals BS. He wants control over the estate, and has gone through every channel imaginable to get it only to be denied. Why not screw the estate over by spreading lies about it. Joe is a snake and needs to be investigated. Oxman too! I'm fed up with those leaches.

A quick summary of today's information:
-"Breaking News", which Teddy Riley worked on, will be premiered at 12AM EST this Monday
-"Lovely Way", a song completed by Mark Ronson, might be on the album
-"Hold My Hand" featuring Akon is the lead single with a video, released later this month
-People who have heard this album describe it as "unbelievably good" and a sure smash

Thank you. so it is Sunday night? right? everyboday

Sweet. Deer season has started today in my state. Tomorrow my family goes back out to my wife's families farm for day two. I'll be staying at the house with the 2 girls while everyone goes and hunts. When I get home later tomorrow night, I can log on at 11PM (I live in the central time zone), and I'll be able to hear the new song

Can't wait!

I think we are starting to see results. Jackie & Taj have been on Twitter all afternoon, ignoring fans questions about the Opis None fiasco.

We have sent the letter to all JACKSONs on twitter...and an hour later they are distancing themselves from the song release.

They cannot blame the tabloids for this, because TMZ took the song FROM THE JACKSON Vault website...a SITE CO-OWN by Katherine Jackson.

Let's gooooooooo!!!!!

signed.

Well I'm on East Coast Time USA and when the 'Time goes back' for Fall...Once it turns 1 AM - You (The clock resets) repeat the Midnight hour over again.

In US east coast we just made into Sunday. so still 24 hrs to go.

Actually the time change goes into effect at 2AM (central standard time) this morning. So less than 2 hours, everyone goes back 1 hour. :)

im a night hawk, its 5am in the the uk the now, 24 hrs i guess lol

wonder when we will hear the final track list

^^yeah no kidding. Hopefully we'll know it soon.

We already know of 1 song (Breaking News), and maybe Another Day and Hold My Hand....how about the other tracks?

Well I'm on East Coast Time USA and when the 'Time goes back' for Fall...Once it turns 1 AM - You (The clock resets) repeat the Midnight hour over again.

In US east coast we just made into Sunday. so still 24 hrs to go.

Exactly you go through the midnight hour once again.

okay I have BIGGGG news AKON ANSWERED HMH Questions

Q : and does the new MJ album version has more MJ vocals than the previously leaked version?

Akon answer: yes it does. Your going to love it!

Q= It's rumored that Hold My Hand will be the first single of new MJ album. did you listen to the finished version and like it?

Akon answer: yep! I can't wait!!

ok now I'm glad! I like HMH but I didn't think it will be good enough to be the first single since its more Akon song than Michael but now I think it will work well with more MJ vocals..I want to hear Michael's angelic voice MORE. ;) hehe Good news!

wonder if there is footage of mike and akon recording it, thts why they wanna have it as a single??

if they have breaking news and hold my hand as a double single it will make it a bit better, still want a right club banger as a single but!!!!!

I love HOLD MY HAND and cannot wait for the MICHAELICIOUS enhanced version.

I can't wait to hear Hold My Hand.

Interesting...

Back