Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

Drama.
As usual.
Are you referring to my post? I wouldn't call that drama, I'm just saying it as it is -- he knew something and he made everyone beg for it, which is childish, unnecessary and, actually, kinda insulting.

A quick summary of today's information:
-"Breaking News", which Teddy Riley worked on, will be premiered at 12AM EST this Monday
-"Lovely Way", a song completed by Mark Ronson, might be on the album
-"Hold My Hand" featuring Akon is the lead single with a video, released later this month
-People who have heard this album describe it as "unbelievably good" and a sure smash

Ya Drama :cheeky:
It's 1:29 am :bugeyed I'm still sitting here :lol:

So true!!!
jajajajaja :toofunny:
ok, time for me to go to bed.

I just hope I will not wake up tomorrow to the sound of any "newly-leaked-never-before-heard-real-OMG-What-a-song!!" of the MJ Vault.

That would be unbearable -_-

thank god Saturday is over. it's 2:33 am here, time to go to bed. Now we have to live through the News of the World attack on Sunday, and then on Monday Michael's voice will be our prize.

BTW guys, how do we know that HMH will really be a lead single? I mean it's not official, or is it?

These are what Damien posted earlier

After being baffled about the report from michaelmania that Hold My Hand was down as the lead single I emailed Sony and low and behold they immediately confirmed that it IS the lead single.

It's gonna be the Akon version: confirmed by Sony 5 mins ago.

tbf this is true, but we know MJ wasn't really as public as back then, that's not to say he didn't get angry about it himself. But if he ever intended to do anything with this song, he would have been angry with it's leakage which says to me he can't have thought it was one of his stronger songs (unless he was angry with it, but didn't make it known).

fans went crazy over Xscape.i heard nothing negative about it.

Can some one tell me wher is it that says hmh is going to be the first single????????????????

-"Breaking News", which Teddy Riley worked on, will be premiered at 12AM EST this Monday
-"Hold My Hand" featuring Akon is the lead single with a video, released later this month
-People who have heard this album describe it as "unbelievably good" and a sure smash
Don't forget the smash hit Opis None.

I've decided to change bit my stressed attitude and leave aside fears.... From now on I do not care of what media & critics are criticizing or Sony doing... regarding this new music. I am gonna try to disregard fans obvious and understandable stress as well....

I've decided to enjoy this album, that bit of music that would be out there. It's my Michael.. Maybe Sony choices are not the perfect ones, the cover not to my taste, but it's Mike voice, my dear sweet Mike. So I do not care anymore.

I've just preordered the new album + vision through www.michaeljackson.com - that direct me to sonymusic. And they give also a free tshirt.

And surprise, at least for Romania, the postal charges are ZERO!!!

( I am so glad I didn't go to Amazon )

So guy let's be positive, lets' embrace 'do not care' attitude and just buy that album and be happy. Let's not let them ruin our joy again.

:cheers:

As far as all this Take That banter goes...

I really don't see them being a major threat to MJ's chart position on a worldwide scale. In the U.K, of course where nostalgia is running high at the moment for TT, they'll be tough to beat.

As far as I'm concerned, all I ever remember from Take That, is a music video from 14 years ago where they were all sitting on chairs in the rain and there's a woman walking around them or something!?...Meh, here in Australia, MJ is going to destroy TT!
MJ will blow TT away in the all important U.S market as well...

Having Hold My Hand as the first single I do believe is a very smart move from Sony, even though I really am not too enamoured with the song myself.
As Damien and others have stated or alluded to, HMH will appeal to a broader audience that may not otherwise check out a new MJ record. Sure, Akon isn't as hot right now as he was in 2008, but still, he appeals to a demographic that is an essential part of MJ's new LP becoming an overwhelming success!

I say, sit back and enjoy the ride! There's so many new MJ related items for us to look forward to being released in such a short span of time! Let the good times roll!... :)

Why do people keep saying things like, 'be happy with what you've got and stop compaining'.

We as fans want this album to do as well as it possibly can, we dont feel as though Hold My Hand is the best possible first single for the album so we are going to speak out about it!

This isnt the same as when people were complaining about the Prince symbol on the album cover, that was something small and wasnt really a big deal.

I realise it isnt going to be the same version as we have already heard so thats a good thing.

I guess i'll have to wait and hear to judge.

I agree. I'm not usually too keen on remixes, although there is a few I like to listen to... like Tony Moran's HIStory, but Opis None (what the hell does that title even mean?? :blink:) is a record low in my opinion.

really do not want to quote RF but he claims that it's a typo on Jacksonsecretvault's part and it should be actually named Opus None.

Thanks so much, Alec!!
Just in time, for I couldn't check all the posts today.
As for HMH... well... let's hope they will surprise us with something new :D

just one question: the 12AM thing... is EST time... (meaning, 12am for sure) or MJJ time (meaning something around 1 or 2, rather 3 pm? :smilerolleyes:)

I don't want to miss it....

I cant believe a second that hold my hand will be on the album, its leaked for years !

I remember like late june 2008 ?

Why do people keep saying things like, 'be happy with what you've got and stop compaining'.

We as fans want this album to do as well as it possibly can, we dont feel as though Hold My Hand is the best possible first single for the album so we are going to speak out about it!

This isnt the same as when people were complaining about the Prince symbol on the album cover, that was something small and wasnt really a big deal.

I realise it isnt going to be the same version as we have already heard so thats a good thing.

I cant agree more. Whats the point of a forum then ?

Don't forget the smash hit Opis None.
5dd1e2f6df39-vi.gif

Reactions: ivy

We as fans want this album to do as well as it possibly can, we don't feel as though Hold My Hand is the best possible first single for the album so we are going to speak out about it!

Ah no, you are free to criticise.... I am too. This is freedom, freedom of speech and expression. So go on..... I am for that !!

It's just a personal decision and also a bit of call for positivity. Because I've felt in the end we cannot change their minds.... we can stay here and be stressed and they do not care.... I know it's sad ... they give a f*uck about what we feel or about our intellect.

Personally I do not enjoy Hold my hand, and cover and that Opis thing.... But what can I do.... Just complain and Sony won't hear...

Instead TMZ and other gossip agencies will hear that fans do not like some aspects, from here they will say we do not like it at all, drawing conclusion that we simply do not like Mike latest songs. We all know how they are generalizing and making up lies, shaping pseudo 'truths' for the public out there.... They take only the bits that suit their purposes to shaping pseudo truths...

Because of that, I've suddenly felt that is better to stay positive, and simply block the media need for drama.... And after doing this there is still energy and positivity left to just enjoy the album. The work of our dear Mike. :wub:

But it's only my opinion and feeling, so sorry if I disregarded you.... Deeply sorry....

I don't think Take That or Susan Boyle would be able to hang onto chart position in the UK come December 19th, we'll see.

I like HMH but its not a Michael Jackson track, he only features, I wouldn't even call it a duet, nothing like TGIM or IJCSLY, hope Smooth is right and it has been re-worked. Also I'll await a SONY official announcement about the single, things could change pretty quickly, just look where were this time last week. I wonder when we'll see a tracklist its got to be next week?

Having Hold My Hand as the first single I do believe is a very smart move from Sony, even though I really am not too enamoured with the song myself.
As Damien and others have stated or alluded to, HMH will appeal to a broader audience that may not otherwise check out a new MJ record. Sure, Akon isn't as hot right now as he was in 2008, but still, he appeals to a demographic that is an essential part of MJ's new LP becoming an overwhelming success!

Thats fine, but this is a Michael Jackson album not Akon's, thats what I don't understand, why rely on another artist for success, its complete nonsense.

Hang on....Take Thats album comes out on the 15th November right?

By the time Michaels album comes out a lot of the hype will have died down where as the hype for Michael will be fresh. I cant see how a chart battle is going to happen. By Christmas Michael's album will be freshly released while Take Thats will have been out for over a month.

Am I missing something here?

I actually like HMH a lot and I was always playing it in the car and at home. Like many have said, it just requires more MJ vocals for the song to be great because the leaked version is basically an Akon song.

Also, as been mentioned, you can always skip the song. As great as YANA is, I rarely listen to the song. I would rather listen to his upbeat songs. So I am at least grateful that Sony gave us Breaking News to make up for the leftovers from 2 years ago…

Ok Taj just tweeted this:

"Our position hasn't changed regarding a few songs on the new album. "
half a minute ago via Twitter for iPad

http://twitter.com/tajjackson3

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means...

Edit: I'm guessing Jackie heard a different album then if he says it sounds incredible?

I hoep that doesn't mean what I think it means...

yep it means get ready for some more drama.

How do we know this? Who said this.....confirmed?!!!

Thing about hold my hand is, while i appeciate it's very commercial, You Are Not Alone, One More Chance and all those songs are far better songs' as well as being commercial.
Having listened to the breaking news snippet, i'm really feeling it, i hope this get's ALOT of attention, so if hold my hand fails, people still realise there is other styles on the album.

:wild:

How excited am I for this new album...

I don't even care if it's not Michael; I'll take it!

:wild:

LoL! :lol:

ohhhh I'd buy that album... 3 disc set collector's edition.. :wub:

You just made my day. I tried to rep you, but it said I must spread it around, lol. :lol:

tajjackson3
Our position hasn't changed regarding a few songs on the new album.

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means...

Edit: I'm guessing Jackie heard a different album then if he says it sounds incredible?

so i guess family is really dragging his kids in this mess smh

Back