Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

Deal with it people! Sony are planning the biggest album in a LONG time and Hold My Hand is just the first step into it! There WILL be MORE singles to follow! And you will have ALL the tracks in your hands in mid-December ANYWAYS!

Be happy we are getting all this stuff! MICHAEL, VISION, The Experience, Breaking News (free of charge), One More Chance MUSIC VIDEO!

Michael Jackson is DEAD.... We are getting ALL OF THE ABOVE.... and some of you COMPLAIN??????

FFS! Michael could have passed away after releasing EVERY shread of material he ever made! But no.. he passed away with material still in the pipeline... and its coming to you, and some of you complain!? :(

I think we needed this dose of reality. So true :(

Thanks Damien. all Teddy needs to say is "there will be another version of HMH" lol

what if Teddy Riley is a friend of Akon's? and what about all the Akon fans out there, who might not be that warmed up to MJ?

Deal with it people! Sony are planning the biggest album in a LONG time and Hold My Hand is just the first step into it! There WILL be MORE singles to follow! And you will have ALL the tracks in your hands in mid-December ANYWAYS!

Be happy we are getting all this stuff! MICHAEL, VISION, The Experience, Breaking News (free of charge), One More Chance MUSIC VIDEO!

Michael Jackson is DEAD.... We are getting ALL OF THE ABOVE.... and some of you COMPLAIN??????

FFS! Michael could have passed away after releasing EVERY shread of material he ever made! But no.. he passed away with material still in the pipeline... and its coming to you, and some of you complain!? :(
that is exactly my problem..the highlighted part

I love Hold My Hand, it's very melodic and I've been digging it for the past two years and a half. Can't wait to hear a HQ, clean version with possible additional instrumentation and different vocals!
I was expecting more from the first single, that's it. I thought they would go with an awesome solo track or the charity single "I Have This Dream" - that would multiply the amount of people promoting the new album.

Im not suprised its a duet, but whers this info coming from??? How we now it for sure???

I don't think many people commenting just now are being unreasonable.
For instance I'm still very excited for the new album! :)
I'm also still excited for the new song on monday :)
I'm just a bit confused about their first single choice. That's all.
I didn't even say I dislike the song.
I don't see that as being overtly negative all of a sudden.

I guess I can only speak for myself on that.

I find it surprising that people don't take them seriously. 1,340,000+ tickets sold in a day for their UK tour. They're huge. I don't want to dwell on the subject but in the UK they are BIG competition (I don't think there is a band/artist more popular atm over here). What will go in MJ's favour (for Christmas Number 1) is that Michael's album will be released a month after Take That's... so its very likely he'll get No.1 which will be fantastic! :D

Yes, I'm now aware that they're huge competition in the UK ;) I didn't know WHO they were.

The version of HMH on the album is not the same one that has leaked. For one, they wouldn't release a MJ single with the first words "Konvict Music", it has either been heavily edited, or an alternative version exists. You better re-check with your source at Sony Australia because that doesn't seem right at all.

You are right:yes: I don't care it is Akon song or not, I just wanna hear Michael's voice again :cheers:

You're right we should celebrate MJ:yes:

It has that "christmas feel", so in that way it is perfect. I like the song and will buy it for sure.
But with only 10%? MJ vocals I still think it should have been a bonus track or a B-side on a single.

I find it surprising that people don't take them seriously. 1,340,000+ tickets sold in a day for their UK tour. They're huge. I don't want to dwell on the subject but in the UK they are BIG competition (I don't think there is a band/artist more popular atm over here). What will go in MJ's favour (for Christmas Number 1) is that Michael's album will be released a month after Take That's... so its very likely he'll get No.1 which will be fantastic! :D

I agree with you also, here in the UK Take That are HUGE competition. The demand for their concert tickets were double the demand for This Is It! The fact is, TT are going to sell LOADS. Michael needs to sell more.

We're complaining because we KNOW there will be better songs on the album and we all want Michael to be as successful as he could ever be.

First single which a basically an Akon song featuring Michael isn't exactly selling the album well, is it?

I really, really hope we're all wrong but it doesn't look good if the majority of fans on here are disappointed with the single choice...
If the fans are upset, what will the rest of the World think?

Where can I listen to hold my hand? I don't normally listen to leaked songs but I want to hear what the fuss is about?

Why HMH ! Why sony ?

It is the worst song i have heard in my life ! So sad.

Eh, reading back a couple pages, I understand some of the concerns.

However, not to rain on the parade, but it seems like there's something crucial missing - and I just realized it was simply Michael not being present.

He wasn't there to finalize anything and that is a huge downfall IMO. But what can you do? All in all, I know this album's sales will skyrocket, but I am just worried it won't be what it could have been.

I guess for the first time in history I totally agree with you Damien! :punk: If there would be nothing coming out there would complains about how Michael's been forgotten and ignored by bad bad Sony and now when there's tons of stuff being released some fans still aren't happy and Sony's still bad. Damn you just earned yourself a rep! :D

youtube ^

-Dal

I feel people have become naive with the over positivity and i don't like to be negative, but i want to cry. I have LOVED every michael jackson song every released, even the leaks of unreleased songs, and even demos, this is it, love never felt so good, you name it, i loved it. I have never ever disliked on single second of any part of the music of michael jackson. But that isn't a result of a delusion as hold my hand has proved to me, i don't like this song at all, not in the slightest. It is an akon song, originally written FOR AKON and it has nothing michael in it at all, a terribly bland composition and barely worthy of akon. This is the arguably biggest artist in history's legacy here, and to release a song that would disapear into the background in todays music industry, an industry at it's lowest standard in living memory just makes me devastated. I know Michael is a genius, and all the new stuff we have heard adds to my collection of loved michael jackson songs, such as the breaking news snippet, another day and the place with no name snippet, they do say to me MICHAEL JACKSON. This may be slaughtered as a record, i won't mind at all i it does well, and then much better singles follow in michael style. But if i here people generalising about michael's last years, his talents etc. and being downright abusive towards this song i will probably cry knowing how differen't it could have been, and i do see this happening. Please do not attack me, i'm naturally a worrier and i just want the best for michael. I don't want to lie about what i real feel just for the sake of being 'positive'

I love the fact we are getting new music, but i'm terrified amazing songs are being cut from this album for generic commercial stuff for the masses and that would devastate me.

Lol, i've just spent the past 12 hours online. What a long day.

I can't believe the amount of hate Hold My Hand is receiving here. In my opinion it is a great song and although you may not like it how on earth can you describe it as the worst song ever?! You can say how much you hate it all you like. It's the first single, deal with it.

It's because they might be huge in the UK, but the UK is not the whole world.

I didn't say it was. It would just be disappointing for UK fans if Michael was second to them for Christmas number 1. I am aware that Take That are only famous in UK and parts of Europe.

The version of HMH on the album is not the same one that has leaked. For one, they wouldn't release a MJ single with the first words "Konvict Music", it has either been heavily edited, or an alternative version exists. You better re-check with your source at Sony Australia because that doesn't seem right at all.

Oh Smooth I hope you're right, I really do :)

I feel people have become naive with the over positivity and i don't like to be negative, but i want to cry. I have LOVED every michael jackson song every released, even the leaks of unreleased songs, and even demos, this is it, love never felt so good, you name it, i loved it. I have never ever disliked on single second of any part of the music of michael jackson. But that isn't a result of a delusion as hold my hand has proved to me, i don't like this song at all, not in the slightest. It is an akon song, originally written FOR AKON and it has nothing michael in it at all, a terribly bland composition and barely worthy of akon. This is the arguably biggest artist in history's legacy here, and to release a song that would disapear into the background in todays music industry, an industry at it's lowest standard in living memory just makes me devastated. I know Michael is a genius, and all the new stuff we have heard adds to my collection of loved michael jackson songs, such as the breaking news snippet, another day and the place with no name snippet, they do say to me MICHAEL JACKSON. This will be slaughtered as a record lets be real about this, i won't mind at all i it does well, and then much better singles follow in michael style. But if i here people generalising about michael's last years, his talents etc. and being downright abusive towards this song i will probably cry knowing how differen't it could have been, and i do see this happening. Please do not attack me, i'm naturally a worrier and i just want the best for michael. I don't want to lie about what i real feel just for the sake of being 'positive'

I love the fact we are getting new music, but i'm terrified amazing songs are being cut from this album for generic commercial stuff for the masses and that would devastate me. I don't even think the general public will like this, i'm in tears. This is my worst nightmare come true.

what a great, great , great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back