Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

Ok guys

As you all know I have direct working contact with the estate of Michael Jackson

I will in ten minutes inform you all the actual time the full song "Breaking News" will be on michaeljackson.com

Ok, guys I just need to finnish my dinner. lol
That was lame dude. Why not just tell us right away, instead of making everybody beg for two pages? Kinda self-important if you ask me.

Next time, consider following the example set by Ele and Damien and behave a bit more professionally. Especially since, oh, I don't know... You're the owner of the forums? Seriously.

Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

I can imagine HMH being rather successful, at least worldwide, also because of Akon.
For example: 54 mio youtube views on Akon's beautiful. He is popular at least for a few people:yes:

I feel people have become naive with the over positivity and i don't like to be negative, but i want to cry. I have LOVED every michael jackson song every released, even the leaks of unreleased songs, and even demos, this is it, love never felt so good, you name it, i loved it. I have never ever disliked on single second of any part of the music of michael jackson. But that isn't a result of a delusion as hold my hand has proved to me, i don't like this song at all, not in the slightest. It is an akon song, originally written FOR AKON and it has nothing michael in it at all, a terribly bland composition and barely worthy of akon. This is the arguably biggest artist in history's legacy here, and to release a song that would disapear into the background in todays music industry, an industry at it's lowest standard in living memory just makes me devastated. I know Michael is a genius, and all the new stuff we have heard adds to my collection of loved michael jackson songs, such as the breaking news snippet, another day and the place with no name snippet, they do say to me MICHAEL JACKSON. This may be slaughtered as a record, i won't mind at all i it does well, and then much better singles follow in michael style. But if i here people generalising about michael's last years, his talents etc. and being downright abusive towards this song i will probably cry knowing how differen't it could have been, and i do see this happening. Please do not attack me, i'm naturally a worrier and i just want the best for michael. I don't want to lie about what i real feel just for the sake of being 'positive'

I love the fact we are getting new music, but i'm terrified amazing songs are being cut from this album for generic commercial stuff for the masses and that would devastate me.

Thank you for your post. You have summed up how I feel too. I feel exactly the same way.

That was lame dude. Why not just tell us right away, instead of making everybody beg for two pages? Kinda self-important if you ask me.

Next time, consider following the example set by Ele and Damien and behave a bit more professionally. Especially since, oh, I don't know... You're the owner of the forums? Seriously.

He owns these forums, he can do whatever he wants with us! Lol

Okay just listened to Hold My hand on Youtube again after a long, long time.
It is a good song. I would just like to hear more of Michael's vocals on it. Even if it was just a little bit more. (but I think as a Michael fan that's only a logical response, the more Michael the better ;) )

I can definitly see the song being played on the radio a lot. Especially for Christmas.
It's really easy to sing a long to and stays in your head.

We're complaining because we KNOW there will be better songs on the album and we all want Michael to be as successful as he could ever be.

First single which a basically an Akon song featuring Michael isn't exactly selling the album well, is it?

I really, really hope we're all wrong but it doesn't look good if the majority of fans on here are disappointed with the single choice...
If the fans are upset, what will the rest of the World think?

Exactly, i am a bit of a perfectionist and have never been happy with anything i have ever done. It's not a case of being ungratefull. Michael himself would probably raise concerns over this, would fans say he was 'complaining'.

I like Hold My Hand and I think it should be on the album (same as Xscape). I think that the first single should be the strongest track on the album and that is not Hold My Hand. But neither The Girl Is Mine was the strongest from the Thriller.. I don't care what song will be the first single, I just want to hear new music including Hold My Hand. Please stop complaining and enjoy..

We all should buy at least one copy of the album. It is the most stupid thing that I read that someone would not buy the album just because Hold My Hand is on it.. That is stupid.

I believe that honour should go to opis none

I agree. I'm not usually too keen on remixes, although there is a few I like to listen to... like Tony Moran's HIStory, but Opis None (what the hell does that title even mean?? :blink:) is a record low in my opinion.

For Katherine it's an authentic new Michael Jackson song and 2000times better than anything on the new album^^
again :doh:

I think Hold My Hand would be great without Akon's voice. I'd rather listen to Michael breathing, lol.

We're complaining because we KNOW there will be better songs on the album and we all want Michael to be as successful as he could ever be.

First single which a basically an Akon song featuring Michael isn't exactly selling the album well, is it?

I really, really hope we're all wrong but it doesn't look good if the majority of fans on here are disappointed with the single choice...
If the fans are upset, what will the rest of the World think?

judging from the fact that AKon owned more than fifty percent of the charts, last couple of years, the world won't be that sad...he must have fans..i'm no fan of sony, but, here, apparently, they know what they're doing. they scope the charts...

and people keep saying that the song is ten percent Michael. actually, it's fifty percent Michael. he's the beginning, surrounding Akon in the middle, and the last voice you hear at the end.`

I remember it now.I like the song & realise why sony aren't going for breaking news since it's nearing Christmas.It does bother me that it's really just Michael guesting on the track though.I'm really hoping there is a more Michael version with Akon doing vocal backup!

It's a million times better than that Opus remix though!

The version of HMH on the album is not the same one that has leaked. For one, they wouldn't release a MJ single with the first words "Konvict Music", it has either been heavily edited, or an alternative version exists. You better re-check with your source at Sony Australia because that doesn't seem right at all.

Please be true.

man there aint nothin wrong wit HMH.. just maybe a few tweeks her n there.. not much.. its a good winter/xmas single...

-Dal

judging from the fact that AKon owned more than fifty percent of the charts, last couple of years, the world won't be that sad...he must have fans..i'm no fan of sony, but, here, apparently, they know what they're doing. they scope the charts...

and people keep saying that the song is ten percent Michael. actually, it's fifty percent Michael. he's the beginning, surrounding Akon in the middle, and the last voice you hear at the end.`

We'll see. I hope you're right.

I think Hold My Hand would be great without Akon's voice. I'd rather listen to Michael breathing, lol.

ohhhh I'd buy that album... 3 disc set collector's edition.. :wub:

Im knackered from all this reading but its all good. Im just going to try and make the best of what we get - not everything is going to please everyone but its what we are getting so maybe we just need to embrace it lol!

man there aint nothin wrong wit HMH.. just maybe a few tweeks her n there.. not much.. its a good winter/xmas single...

-Dal

Finally someone else who isn't on a rampage to destroy Hold My Hand. All that really needs done is to remove that "Konvict Musik" line at the start.

^ Tell me about it. :p

but Opis None (what the hell does that title even mean?? :blink:)

Cookies for anyone who can answer that.
icon14.gif

If Billie Jean was sung by a differen't artist, it would still be one of my all time favorite songs. If Michael Jackson never sang a note on hold my hand i don't think i would have given it 50+ listens dying for it to grow on me, but it still leaving me dissapointed. I think there is a lot of that going on, regards to hold my hand. As it has been said, i'm just going to have to deal with this being the first single. But make no mistake, this isn't thriller anymore where it doesn't matter about the lead, things have significantly improved from the trail and after era, but the media is still anti michael and there influence still remains the largest over the public. Mistakes cannot be made hear.

I didn't say it was. It would just be disappointing for UK fans if Michael was second to them for Christmas number 1. I am aware that Take That are only famous in UK and parts of Europe.

I totally agree, that was my point too.
Anyway, the tabloid headlines all over the world would be hurtful for not only MJ fans but also for Sony and the J family...
And TT would be all of a sudden known all over the world because of MJ...., dont you get the point, guys...?

Agrees with this. Gary, that was low.

If anyone really hates the song that much, there is the skip button on the cd player.

At the end of the day its better than nothing. :)

Drama.
As usual.
how boring is this.
It's always about drama
:ermm:

it's almost midnigh... Monday is closer. that's good :)

BTW guys, how do we know that HMH will really be a lead single? I mean it's not official, or is it?

Exactly, i am a bit of a perfectionist and have never been happy with anything i have ever done. It's not a case of being ungratefull. Michael himself would probably raise concerns over this, would fans say he was 'complaining'.

if that's the case, how do we know MJ didn't have something to do with the song being leaked? why didn't MJ raise a stink over it being leaked, the way he raised a stink over Xscape being leaked, and the way Lenny Kravitz raised a stink over Another Day being leaked? we're never sure what goes on behind the scenes..

It's going to be Michael's vocals only I believe? And didn't Michael write HMH or co write?

Trust me, I'm not sure if I would choose HMH myself..but it's a radio friendly song..and it will help with the promotion of the album :yes:

Yes HMH will be very radio friendly and was very well excepted when it leaked. The world will love it .. It will be new for them

Claude Kelly wrote the song HMH and gave it to Akon
Akon presented it to MJ ..

Drama.
As usual.
how boring is this.
It's always about drama
:ermm:

it's almost midnigh... Monday is closer. that's good :)
Ya Drama :cheeky:
It's 1:29 am :bugeyed I'm still sitting here :lol:

if that's the case, how do we know MJ didn't have something to do with the song being leaked? why didn't MJ raise a stink over it being leaked, the way he raised a stink over Xscape being leaked, and the way Lenny Kravitz raised a stink over Another Day being leaked? we're never sure what goes on behind the scenes..

tbf this is true, but we know MJ wasn't really as public as back then, that's not to say he didn't get angry about it himself. But if he ever intended to do anything with this song, he would have been angry with it's leakage which says to me he can't have thought it was one of his stronger songs (unless he was angry with it, but didn't make it known).

Back