Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

You guys have to be kidding me talking about Hold My Hand.

How could you possibly...possibly want that on the album. For one we have already heard it. I am aware there is a version with more Michael, but still. Secondly, it's just not that strong of a song.

If songs like Hold My Hand and Escape are on the album then I will be quite dissapointd I have to be honest. It will seem like a fake album like 7even floating round the internet!

This news/rumor comes from the administrator of michaelmania.com, the same site Eleonora affiliates herself with. The problem is the guy is saying everything that is happening now is exactly how he was told two weeks ago. And he was, at the time, told HMH would be the single.
At least that's how I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally i dont think its MJ voice, well I hope its him...

We cant know its him or not knowing his voice definitly changed in 2000's.

We've all seen TII... NEW ERA voice obviously.

We've all seen TII... NEW ERA voice obviously.

I can't wait to hear recent studio vocals!
He sounds amazing in TII, best in years if not EVER... and he's just rehearsing... probably even without a proper warm up...

It is always a mistake to reject:
angel3l.gif
"Manna from Heaven".
angel3r.gif

For those thinking theres no post dangerous stuff...im sure theres a tiny bit of the HIStory statue on the right...x wish michael was here to see all this love x

lol I dunno why but that's what I was thinking when I heard it too, the violin part. I love it! I'm dying to hear the whole song

Living in Middle East I am sure makes you love that kind of folklore. I like it too but separate from MJ art. It was added to the song and it is not Michael's idea imo. Michael is a different kind of artist and adding middle eastern folklore makes this song sound cheap.

I can't wait!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

so Breaking News was recorded in 2007?

Living in Middle East I am sure makes you love that kind of folklore. I like it too but separate from MJ art. It was added to the song and it is not Michael's idea imo. Michael is a different kind of artist and adding middle eastern folklore makes this song sound cheap.

What do you mean by "sound cheap"? Honestly, I want to know what cheap sound means?

I've never heard anyone using the adjective cheap to describe sound. Music taste is very subjective. What is music to one can be noise to others. For instance, I never enjoy rap music or hip hop music; even though, I live in NY for more than 10 years. But, I'd never think the music I'm not fond of "cheap".

We know that Michael was in Bahrain in 2005. Why would it be surprise if he was inspired by the middle-eastern mucis that he heard in the middle east?

The song "The Lost Children" sounds like an Irish children song. It sounds like a forklore. The Lost Children is one of Michael's favorite song in Invincible.

Remember when people thought the 'A Place With No Name Demo' was real?

There are still fans who can easily be fooled by someone impersonating MJ's voice.

I wont be fooled though, that is MJ at the end of the clip.

Just saw that the Aussie release date is on the 10th / my birthday.. so hopefully it'l come out over in New Zealand on the same day :D what a birthday present. We usually get the UK release date though so it'l probably be the 13th. Excited anyway : D

Oh and i like the teaser. reckon it'l be a great song!

There are still fans who can easily be fooled by someone impersonating MJ's voice.

Wait WHAT?! A place with no name is not real? When was this confirmed?

Wait wait...A place without no name was real, right? The very first snippet.

I'm kinda out of the loop here, the "A Place With No Name' snippet that was leaked was a fake?

As for the teaser trailer, it sounded amazing! It has a fantastic beat and I can't wait to hear some actual vocals! As for the cover, I don't mind it as it shows Michael in what many people would consider his prime. it pretty much shows who he was, and how most of us remember him, as the immortal King of Pop!

Can't wait to hear the main medlody of the new track cause the snippet is just the build up...

Yes, the actual song we hear is real.
Im talking about a fake demo someone made trying to pass themselves off as Michael in the reording studio.

What do you mean by "sound cheap"? Honestly, I want to know what cheap sound means?

I've never heard anyone using the adjective cheap to describe sound. Music taste is very subjective. What is music to one can be noise to others. For instance, I never enjoy rap music or hip hop music; even though, I live in NY for more than 10 years. But, I'd never think the music I'm not fond of "cheap".

We know that Michael was in Bahrain in 2005. Why would it be surprise if he was inspired by the middle-eastern mucis that he heard in the middle east?

The song "The Lost Children" sounds like an Irish children song. It sounds like a forklore. The Lost Children is one of Michael's favorite song in Invincible.

Michael was ALIVE when Invincible and other albums were released and he approved each song in the album. This time I have no idea what they did. Violin was added and I can def hear that. It does not go with those perfect beats of the song.. It puts MJ song on a lower level imo. This is what I meant by "cheap". Such mix is not always a good idea.

controversial?
:unsure:

First line of Breaking News
"The plot thickens to destroy Michael Jackson."

That's what I'm talking about. Can't wait to hear the whole lyrics.
Baby's got something to say. YAY!

Im excited beyond belief!!

Come on monday!!!!!!

Guys, find me a person who not only sounds like Michael, but also has the same phrasing technique, accent, stress, vocal range and emotion projection.

If such person has all of the ability, such person doesn't need to be a "MJ imposer", he can have a recording contract on his own.

Like many have mentioned before, Michael's voice is one of the most distinctive in recording history. Not only that, Michael's vocal range is wide, from as high as the falsetto at the end of Butterflies to as deep as the beginning of 2000 Watts. On top of that, Michael's singing technique is recognized as one of the best ever.

How can you fake all this???

It's annoying. I wish I could burn all the tabloids....

Michael was ALIVE when Invincible and other albums were released and he approved each song in the album. This time I have no idea what they did. Violin was added and I can def hear that. It does not go with those perfect beats of the song.. It puts MJ song on a lower level imo. This is what I meant by "cheap". Such mix is not always a good idea.

personally, I LOVE the song already as it is!

but good point there. would he have approved of those violins?? Michael really isn't here to approve of a single thing :( :( :(

fake demo? Ok this is even more confusing, this demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieRlcnHXIuI&feature=related Real or fake?

Thats not a demo thats the actual song. Which is 100% real.

This is the FAKE demo i'm talking about. The voice at the start could be Michael, but the vocals definately not.....

I actually cant stand looking at the comments on these videos and seeing people thinking its real. Normally I wouldnt mind, but there are fan in there saying things like 'If you think this is fake then you are not a real fan'.

I mean....my god! It is fake! If we go by their logic then they arent real fans. Of course I wouldnt doubt someone as a fan though for something like that.

Actually I'm not a big fan of that kind of music BUT I don't think it sounds cheap, on the contrary, its great! and IMP its wrong to judge the song based on 43 seconds, lets wait for Monday to hear the whole song.

Good points!

i dont think any of us can comment on anything sounding cheap or whatever until we have heard the entirety of the song.

Imagine if the new song had been beautiful girl... we would have people bitching saying it sounded cheap because they reused beats from stranger in moscow.

There are 2 snippets! the one with the music is real! but the other one without music is fake! and everyone knows that!

Article from MTV:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651633/20101105/jackson_michael.jhtml

Nov 5 2010 4:25 PM EDT 3,128

Michael Jackson's New Album Cover Decoded

Painting is packed with iconic MJ images.

By Gil Kaufman

When Michael hits shelves next month, the world will get the first of a promised flurry of posthumous releases from late pop superstar Michael Jackson. While we don't know yet what songs will appear on the album, Jackson's label, Sony Music, did release the cover art, a Kadir Nelson painting that takes fans on a fantasy ride through the greatest moments of the King of Pop's solo career.

The by Kadir Nelson features a montage of classic MJ images, from his Off the Wall-era tux to looks from the "Thriller" video. At the center is a a somber, Renaissance-like of Jackson in royal gold and burgundy vestments, a golden crown hovering over his head.

Let's break down the references:

Almost as iconic as the cover photo on Thriller is the pensive image of Jackson from the front of another one of his smashes, 1987's Bad, which sold more than 30 million copies.

Jackson's video for "Beat It" is one of the most beloved of all time. His signature red leather jacket with the acres of unnecessary zippers, the bright blue t-shirt and the legion of pirouetting bad boys are all present in the painting's representation of that clip.

One of the other Thriller-era looks that's cemented in the minds of fans during is the custom-made tuxedo jacket, pink shirt and red bowtie that Jackson wore in the "Billie Jean" video.

The cover of 1991's Dangerous portrayed Jackson as a mystery man hiding among a circus of bizarre, sideshow attractions. Here, Nelson has isolated a part of the cover that pays homage to the rollercoaster scene from the 1989 video for "Leave Me Alone."

Jackson appears, under a cluster of cameras, in the silver spacesuit he wore in his 1986 3-D space flick "Captain EO." The 17-minute film, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, debuted at the Disneyland EPCOT amusement park and went offline in 1998; it began screening again in 2010 following Jackson's death.

The spaceship from one of Jackson's favorite fantasy movies, Steven Spielberg's 1982 film "E.T.," floats in the painting's sky. Jackson contributed the song "Someone in the Dark" to the movie's Grammy-winning storybook, which he also narrated.

Another scene from the "Leave Me Alone" video isolating the rocketship the singer flies around in during the clip.

This detail from the "Leave Me Alone" video depicts a goldfish swimming in a bowl, another likely reference to Jackson's feeling of being constantly scrutinized. An interesting detail is the addition of a crown to the fish's head, which is likely another reference to Jackson's status as pop royalty.

One of the key scenes from the 1987 video for "The Way You Make Me Feel" — in which Jackson prepares to unleash some of his classic dance moves in silhouette — is also depicted.

MTV's Moonman makes an appearance, a reference to the fact that Jackson's legendary videos were instrumental both in the development of the channel and the art form itsemf.

As we float above the royal image of Jackson — which is similar to a number of paintings the singer commissioned during his life in which he was placed into historical settings — we arrive at the menacing robotic face in the corner from Jackson's 1988 movie "Moonwalker," which co-starred Joe Pesci.

If there is a single moment in MJ's career that can be considered ground zero for his superstardom, it might be his 1983 performance on "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever." There, he unveiled his signature dance move, the Moonwalk, for the first time.

With the sun setting behind him, we see a 21-year-old Jackson sporting his late-'70s afro and a tuxedo, an homage to the cover of his breakthrough solo album Off the Wall.

Some of Jackson's most gravity-defying moves popped up in the Prohibition-themed clip for 1987's "Smooth Criminal."

The best-selling video of all time, "Thriller" is, to this day, thought of as the "Citizen Kane" of music videos. Here we see Jackson backed by some of the ghouls from the werewolf-themed mini-movie, which was shot by "Animal House" director John Landis. A classic scene from the "Thriller" video during which Jackson does his spotlight dance with the undead.

In addition to being one of the best-selling artists of all time, Jackson was also a humanitarian involved in many causes. He co-wrote and performed on 1985's legendary "We Are The World." Here he's depicted alongside some of the other stars from that once-in-a-lifetime charity single, including co-writer Lionel Richie, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Cyndi Lauper.

Hidden just behind Jackson's get-up from the "Smooth Criminal" video is a mirror with a reflection of the singer, which Nelson likely included as a sly reference to one of the Jackson's most beloved ballads, "Man in the Mirror." But also hidden in the image, just above the elephant's head, is a bubble containing singer Prince's signature male-female glyph. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Jackson and Prince had a contentious, competitive relationship and the inclusion of the diminutive Minneapolis star's logo could be intended as a playful tweak.

What was your favorite Michael Jackson moment depicted in the Michael cover painting? Let us know in the comments!

personally, I LOVE the song already as it is!

but good point there. would he have approved of those violins?? Michael really isn't here to approve of a single thing :( :( :(

This is a thing! This album is NOT Michael's vision. It is Branca's vision. And God knows what they did with those tracks using modern technologies.

Back