Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

I'll raise the bar a bit. I think it's absolute crap and I it wasn't in the album but hey, it's just one song right?

LOLS! Yea...

But dude, it'll kill me if they release this as the first single. It's just lame and Akon is not helping make it catchy...

I want Breaking News as the first one. It's so damn good, it's like a slap in the face kind of shock but in a good way. Also, it's something different from what everyone is doing now.

Yeah, let us just enjoy it and stop with the negativity. :)
Be thankful for everything you got. L.O.V.E.

Ingelief, I understand that you just have a question you wanted answered. It would have been better, since you were unaware where to post for people to just answer the question once and be done with it, instead of jumping all over you. Or direct you to where to go in order to discuss this. However, they are right in saying a full fledged discussion of that topic wouldn't be appropriate in this particular place.

But if you have a tabloid source who is claiming this, you can post that in the tabloid section for it to be discussed there. That is perfectly ok. :)

Also, for any who want to discuss Sony, there are already threads in the Conspiracy section for that to be discussed as well. :)

Let's get back to discussing the album!

I believe it's Michael's real voice.

When I first heard the "aow!" at the end, a huge smile came across my face. I thought he was maybe increasing the pitch of that one or something. It just sounded really cute to me!

i think av listened to this snippet soooooooooo many times, as for the cover, it obv will open up, am sooooooooooo buying a poster of it, would be cool if u can get a big picture of it 2 for the wall

Bring on Hold My Hand. Bring on Michael! ... The world needs music that have positive messages and are about sharing and love.

Hold my hand?? Thatsingle where you hear michael at the beginning and rest is akon? will that be on the album? -.-

people stop falling pawn to this "fake"/"real" stuff.. its Mikes voice, its obvious.. a news report said that MJ's family thinks "A place with no name" is also not MJ.. its all bull ok.. all media B.S.

This is the same story that the album will be delayed because they don't know if its his voice.. well guess what, we have a release date just days after they said that.. so drop it!! its MICHAEL JACKSON!!

The artist of the cover thow, i'm actually very intrigued by the PRINCE symbol on there.. I find that odd.. I wonder if he's a Prince fan and just wanted to sneak that in.. cuz I know a bunch of us MJ fans wuda done the same on other artists lol!

I just hope that if it has to be one of the tracks we've heard it's Another Day.
And if it's indeed HMH... please, a different version.

Ingelief, I understand that you just have a question you wanted answered. It would have been better, since you were unaware where to post for people to just answer the question once and be done with it, instead of jumping all over you. Or direct you to where to go in order to discuss this. However, they are right in saying a full fledged discussion of that topic wouldn't be appropriate in this particular place.

But if you have a tabloid source who is claiming this, you can post that in the tabloid section for it to be discussed there. That is perfectly ok. :)

Also, for any who want to discuss Sony, there are already threads in the Conspiracy section for that to be discussed as well. :)

Let's get back to discussing the album!
What do you think of the album ginvid? Do you like what you see/hear?

Out of curiosity guys...

How would you rate Hold My Hand out of ten?

I MEAN I LOVE MJ BALLADS. I love You are My Life, Speechless and stuff but Hold My Hand is just.... something is missing in it. :/

lol asis there is no album yet there is a cover and a song snip. you cant judge based on 42 seconds.

The "aaoww" at the end sounds like something from Leave Me Alone.

This bickering over a 45 second preview of a new MJ track is pointless. Of course stuff has been added to the new songs. It's been confirmed for MONTHS, that some of the songs were almost done, but not completed. There's also a thing called "Production!". That would be Teddy Riley, or whomever's job to go in, and clean up the songs, and add some bells and whistles.

Who gives a shit if a violin was added to the song? IMO it sounds great. What is the big deal? We haven't even heard the lyrics sung on the song yet. No one can honestly say this doesn't have MJ's real vocals on it when we haven't heard it yet.

And in regards to said vocals, why would Sony spend 250+ million dollars on a project, just for the estate or someone else to give them a song that really isn't Michael singing it? That would be suicide...not just for Sony, but for the estate too.

Some people really need to get off the "Sony sucks" / "Sony is screwing this up" mantra because it's BS.

Reports have already said they've studied all the songs..they hired audio expects to examine them, and they said that the vocals on all the songs are indeed Michael's.

Enough of the bitching already. We FINALLY get some great news, but someone always has to put a downer on it.

If you don't like it, then beat it. Stop being a debbie downer.

Out of curiosity guys...

I MEAN I LOVE MJ BALLADS. I love You are My Life, Speechless and stuff but Hold My Hand is just.... something is missing in it. :/

3/10. Yes, I really really don't like that song :p

Out of curiosity guys...

I dont think HMH was Michael's song i think it was a Akon song and mj did the backing vocals. If there is a full all MJ version then that is the one i want not the one with Akon.

Hmmm, what's all this fuss about?
Smooth any updates?

lol asis there is no album yet there is a cover and a song snip. you cant judge based on 42 seconds.

I wasn't asking for an opinion, rather I was looking for an impression. Sorry for not making that clear :p

YYYAAAYYYY!!!!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait!! I have to keep calming myself down. I feel like I have wished for something for a long time and then someone is finally giving it to me. It's special.

I have little things I would change here or there. (Like if the back of the album has MJ in the present on it, for the front cover, I would have started with the present and gone backwards) but otherwise I think things ar emoving in the right direction.

Are you thrilled as well?

This bickering over a 45 second preview of a new MJ track is pointless. Of course stuff has been added to the new songs. It's been confirmed for MONTHS, that some of the songs were almost done, but not completed. There's also a thing called "Production!". That would be Teddy Riley, or whomever's job to go in, and clean up the songs, and add some bells and whistles.

Who gives a shit if a violin was added to the song? IMO it sounds great. What is the big deal? We haven't even heard the lyrics sung on the song yet. No one can honestly say this doesn't have MJ's real vocals on it when we haven't heard it yet.

And in regards to said vocals, why would Sony spend 250+ million dollars on a project, just for the estate or someone else to give them a song that really isn't Michael singing it? That would be suicide...not just for Sony, but for the estate too.

Some people really need to get off the "Sony sucks" / "Sony is screwing this up" mantra because it's BS.

Reports have already said they've studied all the songs..they hired audio expects to examine them, and they said that the vocals on all the songs are indeed Michael's.

Enough of the bitching already. We FINALLY get some great news, but someone always has to put a downer on it.

If you don't like it, then beat it. Stop being a debbie downer.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I think they should have a full track list soon... I mean if the first single is coming out MONDAY :) ... I'd believe a track list is around the corner. definatly before the album is released

Whats wrong with the 'Aow'?

When I heard it, I didnt think once that it didnt sound like MJ.....in fact a huge smile came across my face immediately.

Out of curiosity guys...

The melody itself is one of the best Michael has done for a ballad in the last 20 years IMO.
The production I'm not too fond of, and the version we've heard is not a Michael Jackson song but Akon feat. MJ.

So I'd give 5/10 for the leaked edit but if there's a solo version with a different production (Teddy Riley? he tweeted about it sometime ago) I'd say 8-9/10 is possible.

YYYAAAYYYY!!!!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait!! I have to keep calming myself down. I feel like I have wished for something for a long time and then someone is finally giving it to me. It's special.

I have little things I would change here or there. (Like if the back of the album has MJ in the present on it, for the front cover, I would have started with the present and gone backwards) but otherwise I think things ar emoving in the right direction.

Are you thrilled as well?

are you kidding me I CAN'T WAIT!

Seriously even that hideous cover(I don't care what anyone says I don't like the cover) is growing on me. I'm so happy the end result isn't anticlimatic cause that would have SUCKED.

GOOOD I CAN'T WAIT ANY MORE!!!!!

I rate Hold My Hand a solid 7. It's a good song. If there are more of MJ's vocals for it, and we get to hear it..the rating will go higher. As much as I love it, if it's to be released, as is, it can either be released as a B-side single with one of MJ's, or on Akon's album.

I just listened to the teaser, it's ok
BUT when Michael goes AUOOWW!! then the beat will really kick off :) I think

Negativity is killing this forum.

Can't we just be happy and excited for the new album instead of criticizing and over-analyzing? This album is a gift.

Add some real strings like the Benjamin Wright Orchestra. Make it only MJ, not Acorn. HMH could possibly be something better.

Back