Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

some people want to deprive MJ from everything , his pride , his intellegance and now his talent and his legacy !

if anyone is not happy with the new album , please leave this forum , join TINI and enjoy your conclusions !

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen!!!!! Preach it sistah.

Whoeva ain't on board with the new ish betta start packin' sh*t cause bull ain't, shan't and can't be tolerated THIS TIME AROUND. Y'all betta get on with the programme or get outta the friggin' kitchen.

The kind of bitc*ing and whining that's been goin' on for years - either because people got withdrawl symptoms and demanded the impossible from the man *cough record-and-release-music-after-he-almost-lost-his-freemdom-and-life-after-the-trial cough* or started crap when there were projects goin' on (last year when the initial 4 dates for TII were moved and people complained about tickets and ish) - HAS gottt to stop.

Y'all got a problem with the 'worship' attitude you like so much to criticize? Go whine at some other door, we ain't listenin. Over here there are people who love Michael, his music and care about his legacy. Anybody tryin' to inject any negativity into such a joyous atmosphere betta watch out.

You got problems with the sounds, the style, the voice, the arrangements on the album? Great, they are exactly that - your freakin' bloomin' own. DO NOT DARE and spoil the fun for the rest of us who have been waiting for this for almost an entire decade. We've been thru hell and back severallll times during that period, not just once, so let us enjoy our friggin' happiness, will ya???

Hate to break it to you all, but this ain't freakin' democracy. You want freedom of speech, you need your most sacred right to opinion upheld? Try and follow the rules of the game first and foremost and secondly think of all the people for whom this is a marvelous occasion to enjoy Michael's music. If you can't do that, then don't be a freakin' fox who screams from the top of the lungs the grapes are sour. Let us have our darn grapes, will ya??? They mighty sweet and juicy and tasty to us.

*end of rant* time to put that whip down:she_devil: and be :innocent: again

My take on the teaser? FANTABULOUS - i simply loooove the bit, makes ya wanna move that body, the waist most especially :cheeky: the violins, that sublimely familiar aowwww....oh, dear. Caaan't wait to hear the whole song on Monday.

Can't say i'm surprised by how very few seconds we got to hear from the actual song - my estimation was about 10 seconds, i was pretty near. It was just as i had pictured it - television heads talkin' same as the beginning of Tabloid Junkie and then the tinniest bit of music, juusst enough to have us all begin' for more. Teaser in every sense of the word, gotta love it :D

Gosh, it's so hard being me - fummin' biatch one moment, quiet lil' thingy the next. :lol:

Michael called Tommy Motolla the devil not Sony! He worked with sony again (AFTER SONY FIRED MOTOLLA) for the Thriller 25 Ann even recorded new vocals for The Girl Is mine remix! But, yet fans want to Boycott the new album! SMH

I had to quote this because I think several people here have not gotten this message.
Again when Michael was protesting Sony it was mainly if not completely about Tommy Matolla.
The guy got fired.
Sony is in different hands and Michael continued his contact with them after all of it.

Also if it wasn't known yet almost every outlet copies there stories from TMZ. Sad I know, but it's true.

I'm starting to suspect that all this hooplah and arguing about the tracks not having MJ's voice and people not wanting the tracks released and the Oprah thing, is all fake.

I'm starting to think it's all a publicity stunt. Make the album seem like it's got some mysterious controversy. That way people talk about the album. Word of mouth spreads.

what we have here is something Michael left us and if you cant enjoy the gift that was given maybe you dont deserve it. Im sorry i just cant handle this anymore. Im sick of everyone ripping things apart and bringing the excited members down with their negative crap. Either take a happy pill or leave your darkness out of here.

Im BEYOND THRILLED that we are getting this new stuff why is it so hard for you to just be happy we got it and for once not rip it to shreds?

Ingelief if you believe its a fake DONT BUY THE DAMN THING!
I totally agree with you :yes:

Michael called Tommy Motolla the devil not Sony! He worked with sony again (AFTER SONY FIRED MOTOLLA) for the Thriller 25 Ann even recorded new vocals for The Girl Is mine remix! But, yet fans want to Boycott the new album! SMH

This Is Exactly What I Am Telling Everybody! Thank You!!! :angel:

I am really warming up to the cover now. Especially when I will see the post Dangerous era on the back. And once we hear the music, the cover will look even better.

On the right of the cover, I think the gold part on top of Dangerous could be the Gold Statue Of Michael, cause it look likes the arm.

It Amazes me How Thirsty some of you were for the new Information and now some of you are knocking the album and projects down DAMN can ihave a minute to Luxuriate lol

They are all offshoot of the roger friedman article including tmz
Dont you know anything about copy and paste journalism,you just need a source to start/plant a story and it would spread like wildfire & other media outlets would just post different or atimes same version of the same story.

It's so simple,if katherine or PPB feel it's not MJ'S vocals they should release a statement.

this whole debate on fake or not only shows how gossip works. no one over here would be questioning michaels voice in that little snippet if that rumour wouldn't be going around.

it's as if i'd be saying there's a bad smell in here and people would be saying "yeah, i can smell it too!" it's only giving ideas to people.

it's A SHAME that michael jackson fans have not yet learned how to understand these mechanisms.

Michael was pissed off at Sony because of Tommy Motolla once they (SONY) fired him MJ worked with Sony Again for Thriller 25! How can u guys ignore that!? MJ was promoting it himself too when he won that NJR award talking about how he was working on the thriller 25 during his acceptance speech! LIKE HELLO!

argh im becoming angry about some of the negativity about the songs being fake ! come on they could not get away with that and definately could not keep it a secret.

it would be against the law, im sure some of the tracks have been auto tuned etc but who cares its un heard 'recentish' tracks which will no doubt sound like invincible etc

for me personally i am really happy to hear some unheard stuff and i cannot wait..... i just wish people would be excited about his projects and its been so long since everyone has been happy about him doing something

i am a fan and always will and criticism is acceptable if its constructive, it annoys me when we have looked forward to this for a while and even after his death we all wanted it... now its here ?.... smiles please ? lol

and omg referring him to justin timberlake... WHAT ! lol

I had to quote this because I think several people here have not gotten this message.
Again when Michael was protesting Sony it was mainly if not completely about Tommy Matolla.
The guy got fired.
Sony is in different hands and Michael continued his contact with them after all of it.

Also if it wasn't known yet almost every outlet copies there stories from TMZ. Sad I know, but it's true.

In case you didn't know, Tommy Motolla is NOW the gatekeeper of Michael's music! How the heck did that happen?

Guys this is about the album, not about fake tabloid articles about whether it is Michael's voice or not.

Agree !!!

We didn't hear the whole Breaking News song , how can we judge something we don't know ? It's the same as Michael experienced - he was judged before the trial . Calm down . Enjoy the teaser and imagine what a wonderful song we'll hear on Monday.

Don't worry . Be happy.

for the third time, the album cover is jaafar's twitter background, he lives with the kids, if they didn't approve I bet he wouldn't either and wouldn't promote it to his 10,000 followers.

do not bother yourself , those are Karen Faye followers ,,,she is mad at Sony because they did not give her money and she feed her fans with false stories about MJ new album...they are waiting for her new book but they are against any new MJ music....

Honestly what does she know about music !??

she wants "her" followers fans to believe her and NOT to belive Teddy ,Rodney ,R kelly and Red One...this is sooo silly, right ?

MJ forevr !

Last edited:
Moonwalker.Fan;3049140 said:
BTW, why on the COVER there are no HIStory era shots????

Why SONY do ignore that hugely successful era?????

aprilshack;3049142 said:
Apparently that isn't the whole painting according to the artist.

Asedora;3049155 said:
No Invincible and no HIStory shots. This cover sucks imo.

Sophielo;3049189 said:
According to the artist it continues all the way to the TII era.

I have a feeling it will be more stuff on both sides; like J5 & Jacksons on the left (you see a bit of OTW Mike cut off) and Dangerous/HIStory/Invincible on the right (you see the Dangerous eyes cut off).

mysterygirl7;3049205 said:
Who did it, do you know?

And do you guys have any idea, why Prince's Love Symbol is on there..? :scratch:

mj_prince_symb.jpg

Good question. Here's what the promo said about the artist who painted the album cover:

"The attached image of the album cover of MICHAEL was created by painter Kadir Nelson in 2009. In the oil painting, Kadir – who is known for story telling through his art – takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life."

Rockin R;3049273 said:
Looks like MICHAEL JORDAN made his way to the cover ... it seems his right next to the 23, which is his BULLS SHIRT number

The 23 could mean Mike Jordan; or something else. But I don't think the figure above is him - it looks like another angel-type figure. Plus it has long hair. You can see Eddie Murphy dressed as the Pharoah from 'Remember the Time' right next to the 'M.'

In case you didn't know, Tommy Motolla is NOW the gatekeeper of Michael's music! How the heck did that happen?

Mottola is nothing. He is not at Sony.

Can't we be happy about the NEW album and the brand NEW song for once?
I'm tired with all the negativity, doubt, disrespect towards Michael, his arts, his projects!
What we get to obtain is a treasure simply because they could have never released anything EVER again, if they chose to do so!
Instead we are given Michael's voice again and what do we do...DOUBT IT AND REJECT IT!

I think this is what Gaz is talking about, when he's saying that people are destroying the forum.. pls think before you post.. can we perhaps discuss the cover, the teaser in detail.. to me that would be more interesting, than just shouting out negativity..

well I am stoked this thing is actually (and finally) coming out...

For those who actually believe that it's not MJ's voice on the track, all I can say is WOW, wow that you let the media and the constant BS lies that they spew towards and about MJ stop you from enjoying this ish...sad. Don't you think it’s a little more than a "coincidence" that this 'fake voice" nonsense came out in the same week the album announcement came? Come on now... ya'll aren’t hip to this ish by now???

Anyway, going to listen (again) to the snippet...loves it!

@ Ingelief, or anyone else, please don't get upset or whatever about reactions. People are reacting to so many other replies over here. And if they did react on you, so be it.

I understand what you all are saying.

And tbh, we don't have much to judge about yet. Only a lot of negativity, but negativity mostly is 'crowned' negative by bad judgment or jealousy in the MJ world or by various media as well.

I am not boycotting Sony, I'm not saying anything is fake, I only judge from what my heart tells me and my ears hear (as it comes down to music).
So far, I love it. I won't let my joy and excitement get overruled by all this tabloid stuff. Please....

This song sounds great so far. I'm glad it doesn't sound like most of the stuff that is out there these days. A classic MJ sound - or more like HIStory with a modern twist :)

What are your bets on the new single?

Another Day
Hold My Hand
The Future/I'm Dreamin'
or a Cascio/Solo track?

Eleonora, do you have any updates? It seems something was posted on Michaelmania.com about HMH being the first single?

MJJ:G.O.A.T;3049316 said:
"The attached image of the album cover of MICHAEL was created by painter Kadir Nelson in 2009. In the oil painting, Kadir – who is known for story telling through his art – takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life."

thank you for that information.

The 23 could mean Mike Jordan; or something else. But I don't think the figure above is him - it looks like another angel-type figure. Plus it has long hair. You can see Eddie Murphy dressed as the Pharoah from 'Remember the Time' right next to the 'M.'

Oh yeah...!! Cool that you noticed that!!!!

Michael Made This Music For Years, It Was Going To Be Released, But He Died.And Now The Estate Are So Nice And Release It To Us. Can't We Just Be Happy And Thank Mike For Making This Music Before He Left Us? Of Course It Is Michael That Is Singing On This Album? No One Puts An ¨Fake MJ¨ On An Album? And You Guys Are So Right About ¨The Children¨ Saying It Is Not MJs Voice!!! The Media Is Always Right!!!...........Of Course It Is MJ, Come On Guys. Let's Just Be Happy And Talk About The Album Now And Not That The Cover Has That And That On It.

Don't Listen To The Media !!!

Just saw the teaser on youtube (cause michaeljackson.com keeps redirecting me to google). I like the beat, that was a teaser indeed.
About those saying it's not Michael: how stupid are you people? We didn't even get to hear Michael. What, the aaaaaooww in the end didn't sound like him? Get serious now

Mottola is nothing. He is not at Sony.

I don't know who Motolla is with now.

But he admitted to NOW being the gatekeeper of Michael's music. Don't know how the heck that happened. But now that you mentioned Sony, I wonder if Sony placed him as the gatekeeper for Michael's music.....Somebody allowed him that position, either it's the estate or sony.

ps: whats wrong with michael's site?

Read my new blog ok.... Im sorry for taking a bite out of you but like i said... Im tired of getting something great and then coming here and seeing people ripping it apart. It got to the boiling point so i apologize for that.

im sorry guys....

im loving the song so you all get me wrong........ maybe its the languege barriere but your reactions tell me you dont get it......

im so sorry for upsetting others.... so i will leave then if that is what you all want...

the only thing i wanted was being honest... i said i believe the changes are 0.1% that ist fake not 100% ... and you all are screaming at me dont buy it then.. I LOVE IT... i just raise questions because thats what i think michael wanted us to do..

0.1% people.....

not 100%^.. why so hard on me??????? im just a fan as u? why try so hard to push me away>????? what would michael say about that? im being true to him al my life

we get this wonderful news we have all been waiting for and y'all Still bitch.... its very depressing.

i must agree with you..

why cant everyone just be EXCIIIIIIITED OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! IM A BOUT TO EXPLOODE:d:d:d

Back