Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

I just wish Akon will keep Hold My Hand for himself.

Frankly, I don't think MJ's new album needs it... :p

Ginny, I know it's Akon's song but one person here said it's the first single from the new album and I JUST DNW! D: LMAO! By the way, who's the source who said Hold My Hand will be the first single? -.- You're causing me stress... :p

Negativity is killing this forum.

Can't we just be happy and excited for the new album instead of criticizing and over-analyzing? This album is a gift.

Yes, please.

If MJnet is not working, maybe they're updating it. Could be crashing from all the visitors. I'm hoping it's being updated.

I want to see that tracklisting soon!!! ;)

omg omg omg omg omg

i think my heart skips a bit when michael was about to start his vocal toward the end of the teaser.

WHAT A TEASE!!!!!

i love the beat. it sounds funky. i can't wait for monday.

gosh... we are switiching from daylight saving time to eastern stardard time saturday night. that means i have to wait one more hour...

i can't wait for this weekend to pass. usually, i love weekend and hate to go to work on monday. but, i just can't wait...

the teaser looks like the "teaser" before blark or white in the dangerous short film. for those who said the estate is "ashamed" of recent images of michael. here you go! they used images from this is it!

it really has become a pattern now. whenever we get a good news, some people cannot wait to tear it apart. after years of waiting, we finally get a new album. instead of feeling joyous and grateful, people complained about the cover without seeing the actual booklet. people complained about the teaser, eventhough michael's vocal is practically not audible. just a couple "ah's" and "aeow's". unless you have ears of mozart, how can you judge so prematurely?

for the record, katherine jackson, prince and paris never ever claimed that they do not support the album. the malicious rumor is made up by tabloids. fans need to be aware of copy and paste journalism. just because you don't read the article from tmz doesn't mean the story is valid. are you aware of the term "media-loid"? the once respected news media, such as abc news, cbs news are all reporting junks these days.

of course, you are entitled to your opinon, but bring your opinion to the tabloid section or the conspiracy section. think before you post. some posts here are damaging to michael's legacy, instead of helping.

don't you see when someone posts a link to a tabloid story, others have to spend pages and pages to clarify and explain. this kind of unnecessary defenses we are forced to do are not constructive.

sorry for the long post. i'm just frustrated that some people cannot be happy and grateful. instead of allowing yourself to feel michael again, you let the tabloids spoil your excitment.

Sony only sucked when Tommy Motolla was in charge. Things are different now.

This whole thing has been dont over and over again, you had months and month before the album to say all thee things. Can we not just leave it now?

I just wish Akon will keep Hold My Hand for himself.

Frankly, I don't think MJ's new album needs it... :p

Ginny, I know it's Akon's song but one person here said it's the first single from the new album and I JUST DNW! D: LMAO! By the way, who's the source who said Hold My Hand will be the first single? -.- You're causing me stress... :p

Well.. look at it this way, Akon's music is hot right now (god knows why) so an Akon-esque song will surely get attention. I may not like, you may not like it but singles aren't intended for us anyway, they are for people who don't know much about the album. So if the song will be number 1 smash hit club banger etc. then so be it. I just hope they won't shove it down our throat like all the other mainstream songs.

If MJnet is not working, maybe they're updating it. Could be crashing from all the visitors. I'm hoping it's being updated.

I want to see that tracklisting soon!!! ;)

I know, I know! I'm so afraid and I'm so excited. It would have been wonderful if he could have experienced the frenzy and pride in releasing a new album and let his children see with him how much his fans hunger for his work. But alas!! I hope even now they will be given the opportunity to understand this.

i think we have people in here just to bait others... just my thought and........ if they are putting "Breaking News" up for us to sample... Dont you think it might be the first single? I mean even if they have it up for a week people get it. So imo that makes it the first single...BTW nothing of MJ's is only up a week.

I wouldn't be disappointed with HMH as the first single.... it could be an effort to get MJ on the modern-day charts, which are full of collaborations and feature guest spots by people like Akon. However I would like the production to be improved a bit from the demo version we've heard in the past.

I thought the SONY deal was up to 10 albums by 2017, of which 3 would be unreleased material?

nah, 10 projects by 2017. There should be about 2 albums with unreleased songs, and anniversary edition albums and others.

at LTD
i said im sorry..

and i just found that out so i didnt know anything... im sorry for posting can we pls quict talking about me... it heards

i think we have people in here just to bait others... just my thought and........ if they are putting "Breaking News" up for us to sample... Dont you think it might be the first single? I mean even if they have it up for a week people get it. So imo that makes it the first single...BTW nothing of MJ's is only up a week.

I've been thinking about that as well. But seeing the overwhelming reception of the news I say Sony should move accordingly with their plan. Cause wanna know what's better than hearing a new MJ song? Hearing TWO MJ songs that's what :D

HYPE!

To be fair, I think its meant to sound quite Middle-Eastern (ish). I don't think it sounds cheap at all.

I can't stop listening to it!!!

lol I dunno why but that's what I was thinking when I heard it too, the violin part. I love it! I'm dying to hear the whole song

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen!!!!! Preach it sistah.

Whoeva ain't on board with the new ish betta start packin' sh*t cause bull ain't, shan't and can't be tolerated THIS TIME AROUND. Y'all betta get on with the programme or get outta the friggin' kitchen.

The kind of bitc*ing and whining that's been goin' on for years - either because people got withdrawl symptoms and demanded the impossible from the man *cough record-and-release-music-after-he-almost-lost-his-freemdom-and-life-after-the-trial cough* or started crap when there were projects goin' on (last year when the initial 4 dates for TII were moved and people complained about tickets and ish) - HAS gottt to stop.u

Y'all got a problem with the 'worship' attitude you like so much to criticize? Go whine at some other door, we ain't listenin. Over here there are people who love Michael, his music and care about his legacy. Anybody tryin' to inject any negativity into such a joyous atmosphere betta watch out.

You got problems with the sounds, the style, the voice, the arrangements on the album? Great, they are exactly that - your freakin' bloomin' own. DO NOT DARE and spoil the fun for the rest of us who have been waiting for this for almost an entire decade. We've been thru hell and back severallll times during that period, not just once, so let us enjoy our friggin' happiness, will ya???

Hate to break it to you all, but this ain't freakin' democracy. You want freedom of speech, you need your most sacred right to opinion upheld? Try and follow the rules of the game first and foremost and secondly think of all the people for whom this is a marvelous occasion to enjoy Michael's music. If you can't do that, then don't be a freakin' fox who screams from the top of the lungs the grapes are sour. Let us have our darn grapes, will ya??? They mighty sweet and juicy and tasty to us.

*end of rant* time to put that whip down:she_devil: and be :innocent: again

My take on the teaser? FANTABULOUS - i simply loooove the bit, makes ya wanna move that body, the waist most especially :cheeky: the violins, that sublimely familiar aowwww....oh, dear. Caaan't wait to hear the whole song on Monday.

Can't say i'm surprised by how very few seconds we got to hear from the actual song - my estimation was about 10 seconds, i was pretty near. It was just as i had pictured it - television heads talkin' same as the beginning of Tabloid Junkie and then the tinniest bit of music, juusst enough to have us all begin' for more. Teaser in every sense of the word, gotta love it :D

Gosh, it's so hard being me - fummin' biatch one moment, quiet lil' thingy the next. :lol:
Thank you!!! Great post:) I just don't understand all the negativity. We should all be grateful for what we are about to recieve. Michaels music, his gifts to us.everything he did was for us for the fans. Being angry and upset, boycotting Sony or the album or anything wonderful coming our way....how is that ecessarily helping Michaels legacy. Its up to us to keep it alive forever. Michael loved loved us unconditionally as we did to him. Why are we fighting amongst each other, its so heartbreaking. We gotta stick together, all we have is each other. We can't let the media win guys. So many of us miss Michael terribly, we miss his voice and in some way shape or form makes him feel alive to us once more. Its all we have to look forward to. Let's just appreciate everything were about to receive. From Michael, its all for love. Lets be happy and unite everyone, please.

I've been thinking about that as well. But seeing the overwhelming reception of the news I say Sony should move accordingly with their plan. Cause wanna know what's better than hearing a new MJ song? Hearing TWO MJ songs that's what :D

HYPE!

lol maybe but i think it might be over kill to put 2 singles out in one month.

btw is the song coming this monday or the 8th of december? Im so confused after going to twitter.

I need to listen to breaking news now now now noww omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Well.. look at it this way, Akon's music is hot right now (god knows why) so an Akon-esque song will surely get attention. I may not like, you may not like it but singles aren't intended for us anyway, they are for people who don't know much about the album. So if the song will be number 1 smash hit club banger etc. then so be it. I just hope they won't shove it down our throat like all the other mainstream songs.

Sheeps will follow it if it's catchy...

BUT there are many people in the world who might not like Michael but has respect for him as an artist. His image of is one of musical integrity, you know? I feel like he shouldn't follow the trends (like you said club bangers) but set them.

I have a really good feeling about Breaking News. It's been a LONG time since I've heard such an intense song yet it's still aesthetically pleasing to listen to. I think Ginny's right though. I think Breaking News would be the first single. I mean, come on it's the first teaser.....

HOMG! Just so excited. I'm glad were all talking about MUSIC now.

You guys have to be kidding me talking about Hold My Hand.

How could you possibly...possibly want that on the album. For one we have already heard it. I am aware there is a version with more Michael, but still. Secondly, it's just not that strong of a song.

If songs like Hold My Hand and Escape are on the album then I will be quite dissapointd I have to be honest. It will seem like a fake album like 7even floating round the internet!

btw is the song coming this monday or the 8th of december? Im so confused after going to twitter.

Breaking news is coming this monday. The first official single is coming later this month I believe.

Breaking news is coming this monday. The first official single is coming later this month I believe.

thanks and that seems like a first single to me if its out before the second single...?

I would like HMH as something like a bonus track or something like that.

This Monday and will be streaming all week.

there was a question about Hold My Hand earlier...

I love this song. I always said it even when no one else in this thread liked it. If this song is chosen to be the first single, I'll be very happy. Actually I'll be very happy regardless of what song will become the first single. As long as there is one lol Be it Hold My Hand, or Another day, or another song. I don't care. I love this album already in advance!

They would be smart to put one song free for download on the net. After that, release a maxi single like the good old days.....

You guys have to be kidding me talking about Hold My Hand.

How could you possibly...possibly want that on the album. For one we have already heard it. I am aware there is a version with more Michael, but still. Secondly, it's just not that strong of a song.

Well, I sure hope that the majority of the album is new stuff we've never heard, but I'm also trying to think about what casual fans and potential new listeners would respond to.... I think HMH is a beautiful song with a positive message. Like I said before though, I think the production could be improved from the versions we've heard.

Oh yeah, I was also gonna say before that Michael's had a history of releasing first singles that were duets or collaborations-- The Girl Is Mine, IJCSLY, Scream... I think people by and large are interested to see what two creative forces come up with, esp someone so universal as MJ paired with someone as currently-hot as Akon.

Sheeps will follow it if it's catchy...

BUT there are many people in the world who might not like Michael but has respect for him as an artist. His image of is one of musical integrity, you know? I feel like he shouldn't follow the trends (like you said club bangers) but set them.

I have a really good feeling about Breaking News. It's been a LONG time since I've heard such an intense song yet it's still aesthetically pleasing to listen to. I think Ginny's right though. I think Breaking News would be the first single. I mean, come on it's the first teaser.....

HOMG! Just so excited. I'm glad were all talking about MUSIC now.

Yeah I get what you're saying. But I became numb to HMH so long ago that anything related to it makes me feel... indifferent.

Can't believe people are getting sucked into this media negativity about the vocals not being MJ's. I have one question, if the vocals aren't MJ's then who are they because last time I checked no body else past or present can sing like MJ. He has one of the most unique voices in the history of music!

If there is someone out there who can sing like MJ maybe they should go on Xfactor or get a recording deal or something lol!

this is all part of the marketing btw, ppl are talking, we as mj fans should know, this is too get the general public wanting to hear the album.

if elvis had a new album out and ppl where saying it wasnt him, ad wanna listen to find out

we are mj fans, we know its mjs voice lol

this is all part of the marketing btw, ppl are talking, we as mj fans should know, this is too get the general public wanting to hear the album.

if elvis had a new album out and ppl where saying it wasnt him, ad wanna listen to find out

we are mj fans, we know its mjs voice lol

I know right. I could spot that voice anywhere. :D

MJ voice imitators are a disgrace... *erm*Malachi*erm*

What's unbelievable to me is that some fans actually don't think it's him... o_O LMAO!

Maybe they're...still in shock?

Back