Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

hahaha...i'm reading this thread while listening to Keep the Faith :lol:

The album may be announced next month. But, I don't know how the process works.

How long before the actual release date do companies announce the album?

hahaha...i'm reading this thread while listening to Keep the Faith :lol:

LOL michael, we're trying to keep the faith belive us! :lol:

from some posts it doesn't seem like it 8701girl.

Bit lets all try

The album may be announced next month. But, I don't know how the process works.

How long before the actual release date do companies announce the album?

Quite a few big acts have already announced their November release and started the campaign a while ago...

for example, a quick search shows these artists who are likely to have success in the UK and are all confirmed to be releasing albums in November. Most album covers seem to have been released to the public and have release dates against them.

Rhianna, Kanye, Take That, Shakira, Nora Jones, Josh Groban, JLS, Bruce Springsteen, Jamiroquai, Susan Boyle, Olly Murs, Bee Gees, Smashing Pumpkins.

well this thread is really starting to die. I think people are sick to death of waiting. smooth any updates? When the hell is that announcement coming?

I expect Smooth will say " very soon"

The album's called "Something Completely Stupid"?

And the first single must be:
"She Wanted Some Bacon So I Left Her (Just Like Lady Gaga)"
And B-side:
"I Want To Be Tasted By Fan Girls"

Why does there have to be an announcement this month? But with that said Sony/the estate might need to think about promotion... Starting next month maybe.

I know it's OT Ginny, but I love your Captain EO siggy!

And the first single must be:
"She Wanted Some Bacon So I Left Her (Just Like Lady Gaga)"
And B-side:
"I Want To Be Tasted By Fan Girls"

:lmao: :lmao:

Why does there have to be an announcement this month? But with that said Sony/the estate might need to think about promotion... Starting next month maybe.

Yes, and according to Smooth the Estate aren't even expecting to receive anything from the Estate until the middle of next month. That's when they should get the art work, tracklisting, single(s) choice etc.

I spoke again with my source this morning and so far Sony hasn't received any information from the estate regarding the album. Sony is still waiting for more info at this time. Until then, it's really a waiting game. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

Going from a 16 track album (Invincible) to a 10 track album feels really weird to me. I'm not complaining but going from a 77 minute album to a 40-50 minute album (I'm guessing that's how long the new album will be) just feels strange to me. It's probably because ever since Dangerous my mind as been programmed to expect an MJ album that is over 70 minutes long and is in the teens.

I spoke again with my source this morning and so far Sony hasn't received any information from the estate regarding the album. Sony is still waiting for more info at this time. Until then, it's really a waiting game. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

Thanks.

It's getting closer to November. Not worried....yet.

What information would Sny need? haven't they be given the go by the estate, it's the middle of September i wonder how far they have gotten with this project.

If we don't hear something in the coming 3 weeks we can forget it
This is it trailer was released 6 weeks before it's release so don't give your hopes up yet.

like i said. we still have all of October to go through.

This thread just goes round in circles lol.

I spoke again with my source this morning and so far Sony hasn't received any information from the estate regarding the album. Sony is still waiting for more info at this time.

Yeah, like this is how it works in the music business.

:timer:

Thanks SC05! :)

So after 554 posts............we know nothing...........

These "sources" are really helpful!!!!!!!!!

In fact Smooth has gone from providing information with reasonable confidence to being very cautious. His last post just confirms that Sony don't know anything about the album.

That tells me his source was confident at about what was going on for a while and is not now. So, I believe Sony are completely out of the loop and are just hoping for something (Anything!) to promote for Christmas. It's mid-September, and Sony know nothing about an album due to be released in November, when all these other albums have been formally announced. when the promo campaigns have started for most of them. when the artwork for most of them is known. when most of them have confirmed dates in November.

I like optimism, but we have to be real. There are other album projects (some of them are under Sony Music!) that are moving forward while Sony still know nothing about MJ's album is a major indicator that either
a) MJ's album WILL be delayed
OR
b) MJ's album will be released but with minimal input from Sony music and a rushed marketing campaign with no chance of acquiring the best promo spots on TV, billboards, magazines etc. Not only that but without the title and artwork, or the name of a single it is difficult for Sony to even create any adverts that connect with the final product in any way. Possibly the best they could do is a generic 'Michael Jackson' montage or something that could be prepared in advance without knowing the details of the album.

it sounds strange to me if sony do not know much about the content/artwork or anything else regarding the new album, after investing $250,000,000 into the estate ??????? find all this hard to believe. but maybe it is true.
i think its all top secret info and we will be very surprised with killer tracks and an amazing album in november.. :angel:

^^ The news about the new album are so top secret that maybe the day the new album comes out will be a top secret, no one will know about it, and only people within Sony will be able to buy it. As far as those who have contacts with secret sources from Sony are concerned, they'll be only able to listen to the new album in order to describe to all other fans how the songs sound like. This strategy will be used to prevent people downloading illegaly the songs from internet.

Last edited:

im getting extremely tired of people coming up with stupid shit and posting it here. If it takes you time to think it up you have wasted valued time to do something more constructive.

Just sayin...

Back