Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

child please *rolleyes*.....sit down ....*confused*

BUMPER SNIPPET ....I apologize *hugs* I didn't like the post, you're not lame at all......and again, I apologize......

Don't worry, hugs accepted. :D

It's possible they'll announce (or announce it again) the album's release date in a couple of weeks if it's coming in November. It could come as late as October

It's possible they'll announce (or announce it again) the album's release date in a couple of weeks if it's coming in November. It could come as late as October
You'd think they'd announce it a few months in advance if it's coming in November. I know michael isn't here to promote it but most likely the producers will do their rounds speaking about the process and working with michael.

Maybe the album isn't coming out this year like som speculated, either way i don't think it matters. Michael isn't here for us to enjoy htis with and we've waited almost a decade so a few more months can't hurt. My only thing is that if they plan to do it next year would it be appropriate to coincide it with the upcoming trial? it seems it would be better to release it before or after the trial.

Haven't been here for a few days so here goes:

Doubt that. Nowadays, everybody wants "club bangers".

I do hope we get a good dance track as the first single!

But Ghosts must be released, the sooner the better. That's one of the best projects MJ's ever done and it's fairly recent. PLUS it was owned by him (so is now owned by the Estate) and it would be profitable to release it.

Yeah... The fact that Ghosts is so unknown makes it even more attractive - especially if we take into consideration tha obvious lack of this type of video footage in the vaults.

it's fairly new and the quality is very good. IMO Ghosts is a small masterpiece - something that's never been done before and probably never will. They could totally milk it - MJ composed some of the score, he's done the choreography, there's behind the scenes filmed... Make it a Halloween special on TV, with people who worked on the project praising Michael and combine this with a DVD/BR release.

YES!! Love your idea- I absolutely love Ghosts and I've been waiting for a DVD/br release!

Ghosts 3D cinema release, then Blu-Ray release with extra stuff. Aaaaah...

Aaaaaaaaa- if only.....:yes:

There have been no delays so far. People interpret the word "soon" in their own way.

Facts are this:

There have been NO plans to announce anything yet. This means there have been no announcement delays. Sony have been hoping for more info for a while, told me they expected it "soon", but they have never told they planned to announce anything. Just coz Sony knows something doesn't mean they will announce it.

All the forum speculation around is purely that; speculation. People hearing things and rumors and interpreting it in their own way.

Nothing factual is known yet.

You may be quite right. Speculation - that's all we have at this point. Only thing for sure is a Nov. release and that is based on confirmation from the estate (Branca) and mj.com.

I'm Dreamin' should be the first single. Get out a club banger first.

I think a Will. track may be a good choice for first release. A fast song would be a very good choice.

Bruce Swedien was no friend of MJ. He not only said he would never work with MJ again...but he insinuated MJ was guilty of child molestation.

The estate MUST NOT let Bruce Swedien anywhere near MJ's project.

I don't' care how many digs his buddy Roger Friedman throws at the estate. No Bruce Swedien on ANY MJ project.

Wow! I did not know this- this is horrible- I thought he was very close to Michael:no:

I don't know why some of you have this attitude that we need an announcement well in advance of the album release. In marketing terms it would not make sense.

Most people have no idea the album is coming out at all. It should be kept that way until MUCH closer. Think about it; if it was announced properly months in advance the hype and talk would be HUGE, but it WOULD die down. The worst thing would be for it to die down BEFORE the release. That's why keeping announcements till closer to release is better. The hype needs to peak upon release day.

I reckon there should be no announcements until like a week before the first single hits the market. Like absolutely NO news for ages and the suddenly release a statement that Michael Jackson's brand new "x" single will hit radio in just 3 days time and then iTunes and music stores 4 days later! The single is the first to be released in promotion of his brand new "x" album! The album is due out on "x" date.

For me that's the winning solution.

If they announced today that in 7 weeks we would have a new single called "x" and then another 3 weeks later the album called "x" I think the buzz would die before the releases came out...

Yes, Damien- my thoughts exactly. I've said a few pages back if you release every detail of this new album too soon it would be anti climatic. It would not make any marketing sense.

Lol... so, this time around, Michael's album title is shortened from one word to one letter. The estate can continue the trend and name the second posthumous album "Y". X-Y-Z, it's easy as 1-2-3.

Damien has a good point. Releasing an announcement well in advance is anti-climax. I believe tricia70 pointed this out before.

Also, we can't assume that Sony's marketing department is not doing anything with this album just becasue we hear nothing from Sony. Some fans are afraid that Sony won't have time to coordinate a promotion campaign if the artworks and tracks are not received until October. I beg to differ. I'd imagined Sony has already brainstormed many ideas on how to promote the album, will fine tune details in October and get everything ready in mid-November. I'm no industry expert. But, I think many albums are still work-in-progress a month before release date. So, Sony and the estate still have time here. I don't understand this "time-is-running-out" concern at all. We are not talking about building a rocket ship. It doesn't take months to press disks, print booklets and send files to radio stations.

May be I'm too optimistic here. But, what are all the worries and doubts coming from?

Thank you for acknowledging my post. I don't know either why ppl are so worried. Sony paid Michael almost 250 mill for 7 years - huge investment. They will work hard to get their money's worth.

Patience is a virtue- it will come. keep the faith. :yes:

I think the album will be called 'An album with no name', then few years later we will have an album called 'Another album with no name', then 'Once more an album with no name' and 'You know it's an album with no name'...

LOl wouldnt surprise me if that ends up becoming true!

I think the album will be called 'An album with no name', then few years later we will have an album called 'Another album with no name', then 'Once more an album with no name' and 'You know it's an album with no name'...

That would be a great idea because Michael isn't here to decide the title..

Hey, what if they do the same with the supposed sequel to This Is It ?
They may title it " Now This Is Some More Of It " :no:

Actually the first part of your idea, which was obviously meant as a parody, isn't that bad.
"An album with no name" - because the name of the artist says it all.

Plus with the song "A place with no name", there is a connection with one of the songs.

Hmm...

Hey, what if they do the same with the supposed sequel to This Is It ?
They may title it " Now This Is Some More Of It " :no:

Or how about "That was it but this is not that because this is This Is It part 2".. Oh my..

IMO The jokes about the album called something completely stupid are getting old -_-

lol.. we really need the album to have something sensible to talk about..

All the posts about "x" made me laugh! You guys are really funny. This thread can be very enjoyable when no one is arguing.

And this post made me really sad again :(

^ I wonder if Michael had potentially told someone some title ideas for the last album he was working on. It could be possible right? Then they could use that one

It would be great if he did..

^ Also it may be possible that if the estate/Sony use recent songs that Michael had planned to put on next album he was going to release himself, then were getting more of an official unreleased album based a lot on how Michael himself wanted us to hear it..So the potential of this album being an album being structured mostly by Michael has merit IMO. I guess we just gotta wait and see what they do

^ I wonder if Michael had potentially told someone some title ideas for the last album he was working on. It could be possible right? Then they could use that one
That would be nice but if he didn't they should judt do what michael always did and just chose one of the song titles.

That would be nice but if he didn't they should judt do what michael always did and just chose one of the song titles.

Yup, Agreed..They should keep that trend going :yes:

Another great post! :clapping:

I echo your thought on the song "This Is It". I like the song and feel it fits well in the film. Michael's vocal, as always, is gorgeous. The song is not a chart topper, not a radio friendly song, not a club bangger. But, it's still a beautiful ballad to listen to when sitting on my sofa and enjoying my "Michael" moment. The only complains I have are the misleading info given out and the whole Paul Anka drama. But, the PR strategy didn't affect my listening experience at all.

Back to the new album, I think some of us should really set our expectations back to reality. In fact, the new album is an album of unreleased materials. The estate is trying to complie songs that can fit together and flow. But still, this album cannot really be called a "studio album"; hence, should not be compared to Michael's previous works. So, why expect it to sell over 10 millions copies? Why expect it to dominate the charts? Why expect it to be this and that? Of course, Michael would have wanted all his albums to sell well and top the charts. But, does it matter now? Michael Jackson's legacy is set in stone. His achievements will be celebrated by generations to come. The performance of this album is really insignificant when compare to the whole picture.

Also, it's impossible for Sony to put out a massive marketing campaign, similar to the HIStory campaign, for this new album. The music industry is different now and the circumstance is different. Michael is not here to participate in the promotion. I don't expect to see a huge Michael Jackson statue, non-stop TV ads or big billboards. No artist these days, not even the biggest one, has high marketing budget like that. I just hope Sony will put together a cohesive promotion campaign to raise the public's awareness of the album when the album is ready to be released.

To me, this new album simply means a chance to listen to Michael's unheard music, a chance to hear his voice on songs that I never heard before. It is a gift. I listen to and appreciate what Michael had already given us while waiting. His catalog is so amazing. I discover new sounds and have new favorites all the time. Sometimes, I start from "I Want You Back" and listen everything in chronological order to "One More Chance". His works always sound fresh and new. One just needs to have patience, forget about own personal preference and allow Michael's music to speak to you.

Often, I look at the sky and say "thank you" to Michael. I thank him for his generosity and diligence. He selflessly shared his genius with us. His creations enrich my life tremendously.

:) Wow, this is such a beautiful post, and it brought tears to my eyes at the end of it. You are so right about it all, including oh, just everything. I think you are spot on. :clapping:

:timer: >>>> With much patience and without rushing.

thriller.gif

For those of us who would rather discuss serious things, how about we talk about the reason for the probable postponement of the album?

My personal guess is one of two things :

1- John McClain "oversold" the songs, meaning that when he finally delivered the 10 songs to Sony, they realized they were not hit material and asked McClain to rework the tracklisting or the songs themselves, which created delays.

2- The Estate underestimated the complexity of all the legal rights and red tape surrounding the songs, in terms of who is legally allowed to release them or get royalties from them, and threats of lawsuits or even bad publicity has caused Sony to pull the plug momentarily on the album.

Anybody else has an opinion on this?

Sony is not pulling the plug on the album, that's just not happening. Everybody is still aiming for a November release for the album. They want that Christmas sales rush. Just keep patient for now. If there was a delay, it would be bumped to February of 2011 but even that is not expected at this time. No cancellation will happen, there's too much at stake at this point.

Sony is not pulling the plug on the album, that's just not happening. Everybody is still aiming for a November release for the album. They want that Christmas sales rush. Just keep patient for now. If there was a delay, it would be bumped to February of 2011 but even that is not expected at this time. No cancellation will happen, there's too much at stake at this point.

I'm copying and pasting this post of yours, and keeping it for future reference. :)

I'm copying and pasting this post of yours, and keeping it for future reference. :)

It seems to me you get a kick in bashing SC 05 and you secretly enjoy negativity.

First, it's still premature to assume there will be a postponement or cancellation. Just because certain versions of the game is delayed doesn't mean there is any problem with the album. Album production and game development are two totally different processes. The delay in the xbox version appears to be related to technological issue. Wii version and PS3 versions are on schedule.

Second, this is an open forum. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. You can choose to not believe in SC 05. To hold his posts against him later is ridiculous.

can we not say it's an open forum and then blast each other, please? if something's not liked, it can be overlooked.

Last edited:

well it wasn't i who said it this time...

The most boring post of all, eventhough it contains exiting information.
What will happen, will happen,and that's all.

Guys could you all just calm down and stop this ridicoulus "OMG the album is delayed oh no wait it was probably even cancelled and we will NEVER GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!:no::no::no::no::no:" I'm really sick of it, the album wasn't even announced and I believe it won't be 'till the end of the month or even October! Do you really think they would announce an album 2 months before it's release?!
Nobody would do that people would forget about it too quick. So just stop being panic, just because nothing was announced yet, the album will come in November I'm sure about that;)

Back