Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

The album's called x?!!?!??!??

Source?!??!?!

:hysterical: :doh:

funny-fail-pics-how-to-fail-an-exam-find-x.jpg

I've changed my mind - x is a brilliant title.

Michael Jackson - x. Love it.

You DID say that the title of the single and the album is "X".

Now you can't withdraw what you already said. Let me quote you:

that Michael Jackson's brand new "x" single will hit radio in just 3 days time and then iTunes and music stores 4 days later! The single is the first to be released in promotion of his brand new "x" album!

If they announced today that ... a new single called "x" and then another 3 weeks later the album called "x"

Not only did you confirm the title of the single and the album, but you gave us update on when the new single will come out and the new album.

If in 3 days the single doesn't come out we will never ever trust you again and you will be banned from this forum forever.

I am simply expanding what you said. It is as simple as this exercise:

expand_this_479DAED7-0784-7344-84473D1F800B9127.jpg

Lol... so, this time around, Michael's album title is shortened from one word to one letter. The estate can continue the trend and name the second posthumous album "Y". X-Y-Z, it's easy as 1-2-3.

Damien has a good point. Releasing an announcement well in advance is anti-climax. I believe tricia70 pointed this out before.

Also, we can't assume that Sony's marketing department is not doing anything with this album just becasue we hear nothing from Sony. Some fans are afraid that Sony won't have time to coordinate a promotion campaign if the artworks and tracks are not received until October. I beg to differ. I'd imagined Sony has already brainstormed many ideas on how to promote the album, will fine tune details in October and get everything ready in mid-November. I'm no industry expert. But, I think many albums are still work-in-progress a month before release date. So, Sony and the estate still have time here. I don't understand this "time-is-running-out" concern at all. We are not talking about building a rocket ship. It doesn't take months to press disks, print booklets and send files to radio stations.

May be I'm too optimistic here. But, what are all the worries and doubts coming from?

My post is not related to the way the album should be promoted, but to the fact that MJ gave us so much and that despite all he gave and his death, people are still demanding new things as if MJ owed us. And as I said on top of that people demand from a dead man to hit the charts. Will this man ever have rest, either from journalists or from the fans?

Basically, as far as I am concerned, I am not interested in promotion at all. I am interested in discovering and enjoying music if it is released. If not, I have plenty of already released tracks to re-listen to. I say, why not taking the time to appreciate all the music he has already given, and welcoming all the upcoming unreleased songs as a special gift to us? Let's enjoy whatever and whenever is released. If you love something who cares about the charts or big promotion? Do we listen to the music because we love it or because it is played all over the places? I f you like it because of this latter, all the unreleased stuff risks to be heavily altered in order to fit the general tendency of the moment without Michael being here to agree or disagree.

As far as the radios are concerned, no I did not change my mind. From the commercial point of view I still think it is one of the best strategy to promote it along with all other means of media of course. I never said that songs should be played only on the radios.

I remember back in the 80s when Michael dominated not only or necessarily the charts, but people's subconscious as the best singer ever. Everybody was saying --even non fans-- that he was the best (and still is). Many movies still today contain lines about Michael Jackson or his dance moves or his music, such an icon he has been. For example:

-Beverly Hills Cop I
-Goonies
-Back To The Future II & III
-The Simpsons
-Rush Hour I, II, III
-Robots (animation)
-Shrek (animation)
etc., etc the list is extremely long

I also remember listening to the BAD album and said to myself, how will Michael ever be able to create anything better in the future --as far as melodies are concerned. With that ten-song album he, for me back then, couldn't be able to make such good melodies afterwards. I was of course wrong, because when Dangerous and later History came out, I understood that his magical power of creating melodies were unlimited. So, still back in the 80s, I said to myself, I need to hear other songs, any songs.

With Internet leaks it became easier to get hold of unreleased songs such as Niteline, Trouble, etc. For an impatient and hype fan, those songs are weak and without interest. But for a real fan, hearing MJ's voice in an unreleased song is a real blessing, regardless the promotions or the charts.

It sadness me when I hear some fans disappointed with "This Is It" song. It is not a club banger, but they forget that Michael didn't only sing or write radio friendly music. Why some people don't stop a little bit, take a breath, sit down on your sofa, forget the hype, put sometimes Destiny album and listen to it. One of the songs on it called "Bless his soul" sounds like "This is it". It is a beautiful song. "This is it" is also a beautiful song. Instead of being thankful to get the chance to have at least one unheard song, people complain.

Now, when the new album comes out remember my words, instead of being happy and enjoying the MJ's unheard music, some fans will start being frustrated because there are not enough slows, others that there are not enough fast songs. No matter what you give to people, they're never satisfied.

well..lol..what you said is something i never strayed from. lol..that's just another way of saying nothing can hurt MJ's legacy. whatever side people were on, they could satisfy whatever they were feeling, but they could never hurt MJ's legacy. i never said hearing something on radio was evil, either, but i did say, MJ's light is not damaged, if radio refused to play him either. i expressed that from the beginning, and was mistakingly accused of wanting to put a stop to his legacy. as MJ said in his lyric...a person can try and block him, but that's not gunna stop him. i was just referring to the days when radio blacklisted him(right up to this moment, as far as new material)but did that put out his magic light? no. so you and i agree...radio is not needed, but..hey..if it's used...wonderful.

all i said is...whereas Lady Gaga, Beiber, and Kanye West NEED radio. MJ can do with it. BUT..MJ can do WITHOUT It too. that's all i ever said. MJ doesn't NEED radio like the other artists NEED radio. that's the only marked difference.

we agree.
we simply state..if it so happens that Kanye doesn't get played on radio..it's over for him. if MJ so happens not to get played on radio...it's NEVER over for MJ. that's all i was saying.

if MJ gets played on radio. it's just another added continuance of his magic.

if Kanye gets played on the radio, he sighs relief.

and i certainly agree about discovering new things about what MJ already released. i always waved that banner. i see people on this site, everyday discovering what MJ already has out there. no doubt, i soo agree with you..MJ has NOTHING to prove.

that's not true with these other artists.

Lol Tony, youre good value. Now all the members who don't read posts properly will think that's what it's going to be called. Haha

OMG @ the amount of specualtion if the albums called x, LMAO! Its like a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo`s Nest!!

Well, the logic would lean towards the fact that the more songs you like, the bigger fan you are. There might be some exceptions to this logic of course.

As far as songs are concerned, of course you can't like all the songs the same way. And of course there are probably some songs from other artists that you like better than some MJ's songs. It's completely normal.

However, I don't know if some of you tried to change the perspective of listening to some songs. For example I remember when for the first time I heard "The Lady In My Life". I was very young and didn't really like the song. The sam for "Baby Be Mine". It is difficult to understand how come that we adore an artist such as Michael Jackson and we dislike very much some songs. I said to myself, if my favorite artist sang those songs and chose to put them on the album, it's because there must be a good reson. I re-listened "The Lady In My Life", but I wasn't listening to Michael the artist any more this ime, I was listening to Michael the interpreter of the feelings. It is only then that I felt embraced by the warmth of the chorus "now is the time" and the sweetness and softness of the melodious poem interpreted by Michael. Today it's one of my best songs ever.

For "Baby Be Mine" I again heard the interpreter, not the singer, when he shouts out with time after time broken voice "you're everything this world could mean to me, c'mon babe, baby be mine,..."

So, these two example are not club bangers or radio friendly songs, but they're damn good to listen to. And there are so many other jewels to re-discover if only we take the time to get carried away by the flow of Michael the interpreter, and not always by Michael the singer. Anyone can sing, but not anyone can interpret. I can't imagine the interpretation of the song BAD by Paul McCarteny for example even though he is in his own category a good singer. But I could easily imagine interpret Michael any Paul's song. That is what I call magic that Michael had.

I agree with you on this. I used to hate the song It's The Falling In Love, but I've grown to love it now. Not every song is an instant favorite, but in time you learn to love/appreciate each song on their own. :yes:

Just like RF, I expect this album to be delayed. The Estate obviously don't know what they're doing. All of the newspapers, magazines and websites have already done their special "Fall Music Preview" features, and of course none of them mention the MJ release, since Sony and the Estate haven't bothered to actually announce its release date.

^In a way, what difference does it make? You make an announcement and then shortly after release a single. The single is played all over the place. Creates huge buzz. Then 2 weeks later, while you still have everyone's attention because the song is high on the charts, you drop the album. Does letting people know today that an album is coming out in November really make that much of a difference? The more I think about it, the more I think not.

So far we have the confirmation (from Damien Shields) that the new single is coming out in 3 days and the album in 4. The info has been corroborated by SmoothCriminal05 that indeed, the album is coming out in November, confirming Mastermoonwalker's theory that the album is out in March.

Thanks to Damien, we know that the album's title is "X", which is also the title of the first single.

According to 144 000 and myself we agreed that the album won't need any promotion, neither on radio nor on any other media support, because simply we are talking about Michael Jackson here who actually doesn't need any promotion, hence no official announcement whatsoever. What some might consider as a chaos surrouding the campaign for the new album, others are confident that it will outsell 10 million units in a heartbeat --judging on the serious survey carried out within the MJJCommunity's thinktanks memebers presence on the forum, and especially in this particlar thread.

So far we have the confirmation (from Damien Shields) that the new single is coming out in 3 days and the album in 4. The info has been corroborated by SmoothCriminal05 that indeed, the album is coming out in November, confirming Mastermoonwalker's theory that the album is out in March.

Thanks to Damien, we know that the album's title is "X", which is also the title of the first single.

According to 144 000 and myself we agreed that the album won't need any promotion, neither on radio nor on any other media support, because simply we are talking about Michael Jackson here who actually doesn't need any promotion, hence no official announcement whatsoever. What some might consider as a chaos surrouding the campaign for the new album, others are confident that it will outsell 10 million units in a heartbeat --judging on the serious survey carried out within the MJJCommunity's thinktanks memebers presence on the forum, and especially in this particlar thread.

I had to go sifting through the last couple of pages of this thread to discover that this entire post is sarcastic. Easy on the in-jokes guys!

I had to go sifting through the last couple of pages of this thread to discover that this entire post is sarcastic. Easy on the in-jokes guys!

Now that's funny lol.

Did you also read back the locked thread about the new album? There are only around 5000 posts.

Lame post.....*confused*

Reactions: Jan

so...that means Bumper Snippet changed his/her mind about Michael not having to depend on radio, as much as other artists? cus if so...i agree. again...not that i am saying that bug spray should be applied to the idea of MJ being on radio..

It was actually a post that was about MJ himself and how much he gave to us and we should be grateful. It was quite good and long. You should find the original post and read it. :cheeky:

Lame post.....*confused*

If the author of the post youare referring to wasn't lame, his post wouldn't be lame either, as posts depend on their authors. Anyway you summarized it well "confused"! That's exactly what is this thread about even without my post --confusing.

No official announcement?
Promo or no promo?
This year or next year?
Who's workin' on it?
How many (why so many?) "final touches" are needed?
etc, etc

i bet the new single video will air on x factor in the uk, tht gets alot of veiwers

^^
And if fits the theme of it being called x, so probably...

;)

Now that's funny lol.

Did you also read back the locked thread about the new album? There are only around 5000 posts.

so indeed..who needs promotion here? are we a caricature of ourselves?

people are constantly worried about the vitality of MJ, but 5000 posts per thread begs to disagree, sarcasm or no.

that information thread's been dark for a few days now, but this thread is competing with the psychics thread and the love in the dark thread for most to show up in the right column.

just sayin.

Last edited:

It was actually a post that was about MJ himself and how much he gave to us and we should be grateful. It was quite good and long. You should find the original post and read it. :cheeky:

i did. did you ever see me post a post that suggests that i was ungrateful for what MJ has provided us?:)

i already said, we said basically the same thing, and i said we agree.

i don't know why i get the feeling that i'm being seen as reading too much into the idea that there is a confluence between being grateful for MJ's hard work, his impressive stats, his success, no need for promotion, and these 5000 pages, despite no info.

Last edited:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lame post.....*confused*

Not at all, if you have read the few last pages it's quite funny actually. :)

I think the album will be called 'An album with no name', then few years later we will have an album called 'Another album with no name', then 'Once more an album with no name' and 'You know it's an album with no name'...

That would be a great idea because Michael isn't here to decide the title..

Rude person.....*confused*

child please *rolleyes*.....sit down ....*confused*

BUMPER SNIPPET ....I apologize *hugs* I didn't like the post, you're not lame at all......and again, I apologize......

Back