Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Not an Invincible thread....not an invincible thread...not an invincible thread. :ninja:
*hopes chanting quietly will stop the discussion* :p

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Just a quick update: Tracklist is being finalized as we speak, album title has also been picked as I told you yesterday. Still no definite date on the release but I'm told all issues with the estate have been or are being resolved right now. An announcement could come at any day. Personally, I'd say next week (just my opinion).

I'm flying from Florida into Toronto soon and won't be back online until about midnight tonight. If I hear anything else I'll let you know

Thanks for the update smooth! :D

Just a quick update: Tracklist is being finalized as we speak, album title has also been picked as I told you yesterday. Still no definite date on the release but I'm told all issues with the estate have been or are being resolved right now. An announcement could come at any day. Personally, I'd say next week (just my opinion).

I'm flying from Florida into Toronto soon and won't be back online until about midnight tonight. If I hear anything else I'll let you know

Thanks for the update, i'm dying for an annoucement.

In my country some fans are ready to boycott the album because all tabloid unreliable stories.
I'm afraid that the hate speaks much more than the joy of the forthcoming new album.
Shame on us!

um i thought the tracklist was finalised weeks ago? And an announcement has been coming any day for almost a month. A couple weeks ago you said the announcement was coming "so soon".

thanks! have a nice flight :D

I know it's a lot of waiting right now and a lot of drama going around, but at the end of the day I'm really looking forward to hear new music.
That's the important thing, we get to hear Michael again.
We get back to the music. (Even if some tabloids are trying to ruin it)

It would be great if we get some clarity soon about the whole thing though.

In my country some fans are ready to boycott the album because all tabloid unreliable stories.
I'm afraid that the hate speaks much more than the joy of the forthcoming new album.
Shame on us!

Why would fans believe in tabloid junkie? If they decide to boycott the album without listening to the album first, they are simply ignorant.

Tabloids fabricated stories to hurt Michael in the past, now and will always do in the future. Even if the Estate hires the best spoke person in the world and respond to every single false statement, the malicious lies will always continue. It will continue for as long as Michael's music still sells.

There are two principals the tabloids know damn well. First, the name Michael Jackson draws people's attention like a magnet. Second, negative stories always sell better than a positve one.

Fans need to stop reading tabloids and learn not to fall into the trap!

May be some fans should play HIStory and listen to Tabloid Junkie now.

No tabloid can ruin my expectations and my joy.

I am so exited to hear new music, nothing could take the joy away from me.

When the album is released music will be reborn.

Thank you smooth!

Experts confirm Michael’s voice on new album, release date to be set

Many rumors have been going over the internet in the recent weeks about the upcoming new Michael Jackson album. It was said that Michael’s family did not believe it was Michael’s voice on some of the tracks. Some people going as far as calling the forthcoming album a fraud. Because no part of this news was confirmed by any party Legendary MJ decided not to publish on this subject. Now a reliable statement has been made by the MJ Estate lawyer.

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the MJ Estate, has told TMZ he had experts (Sony called in forensic audiologists) listen to the tracks and all of the experts concluded it’s Michael’s voice on all the tracks.

Bob Stringer, chairman of Sony Music’s Columbia Epic Group, who is overseeing the King of Pop’s legacy, is believed to have been hugely impressed by the quality of material when he first heard the tracks. The reason the album has yet to be given a release date is because Sony is trying to track down all the musicians and collaborators who need crediting. The music giant needs to avoid the kind of litigation that marked Michael Jackson’s final years.

Sources say the melodies and hooks on the songs are strong and show a maturity in Michael, who was nervous about letting the world hear his work and worried that unfinished tracks would leak. Michael left vocal ideas as voicemail messages to trusted associates who would piece the tracks together.

Sony is set on getting the record out for Christmas.

http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/?p=1987

Excellent! Lets get it out there!

Here's how I would like the procedures to go ;

Monday 8th November - Announcement of album
Friday 12th November - Single released to radios worldwide
Monday 15th November - Single available to download via iTunes
Monday 6th December - Album released worldwide .

I would also like the album to have around 12 MASSIVE songs . Also I think the iTunes should have 2 bonus songs (to generate more sales)

Monday 20th December - Second single released .

Just a thought , lol ....

That latest news seems very hopeful, starting to sound good. Hope we'll see it this year, simply can't wait to hear new Mike songs, then again...we all do here, haha..

*sits and twiddles her thumbs*

*hums ijcsly softly to herself while watching the mayhem*

Sorry, but I don't see where exactly a statement has been made?!

Nothing on the subject from the Estate or Sony and no quotes from either on TMZ.

Unless I'm missing something?

Things are beginning to get going now.

My fellow MJJC chums, I can sense good times ahead :D

The reason the album has yet to be given a release date is because Sony is trying to track down all the musicians and collaborators who need crediting. The music giant needs to avoid the kind of litigation that marked Michael Jackson’s final years.

What they mean with this? That MJ didn't gave credit where it was due? Come on now.

Come on guys calm down!! All these stories come from gossip columns, RF, NYD gossip and TMZ - aren't all these tabloids??? These are all unconfirmed, unsubstantiated, speculative, rumours! Who are these sources anyway?

This is exactly what happened to Michael during the trial- al these stories with all these so-called sources close to the case- and all were made up lies!!

We should know this would happen. Just because Michael is not here physically does not mean that speculation and rumour are not going to continue. These tabloids live off of this stuff. They love creating controversy. They take one little thing and create a fantastical story around that. They are the biggest fantasy writers around.

If the spokespeople for both Sony and the estate have not commented it's because it doesn't warrant any response. The whole thing is rubbish,imo.

And about McClain- so who hired Teddy Riley, Darkchild, the other hip producers, Kravitz, and all those ppl that have been working on the album who we've been excited about? Was is it Branca or McClain. I would like to bet it was McClain. If McClain was so horrible and egocentric then why get all these ppl and try to make this album sounding just right. They are obviously taking their time as they should.

McClain may not be a hip and young music executive, but Michael trusted him enough to name him as his executor. And yes, McClain is not perfect. He goofed on TII okay I grant you that. But, he is no stupid fool like some of you are branding him. He knows more about the music industry than most of you put together I'm sure.

Come on see it as it is. These ppl see a small delay and find an opening for big drama. That's the media for you- we should be used to it.

And let the album speak for itself. The tabloids or the media are not going to bury the album if the album is quality. The music critics like the movie critics are not going to let some rumours or this bickering family guide their view of the album, and nor will the general public.

Let's just wait and see what unfolds. I'm not getting up in arms over this whole thing- I just can't wait for the new album to come. That's all I'm waiting for. And believe me it will come!!:yes:

Come on guys calm down!! All these stories come from gossip columns, RF, NYD gossip and TMZ - aren't all these tabloids??? These are all unconfirmed, unsubstantiated, speculative, rumours! Who are these sources anyway?

This is exactly what happened to Michael during the trial- al these stories with all these so-called sources close to the case- and all were made up lies!!

Come on see it as it is. These ppl see a small delay and find an opening for big drama. That's the media for you- we should be used to it.

And let the album speak for itself. The tabloids or the media are not going to bury the album if the album is quality. The music critics like the movie critics are not going to let some rumours or this bickering family guide their view of the album, and nor will the general public.

Let's just wait and see what unfolds. I'm not getting up in arms over this whole thing- I just can't wait for the new album to come. That's all I'm waiting for. And believe me it will come!!:yes:

Exactly!

Things are beginning to get going now.

My fellow MJJC chums, I can sense good times ahead :D
:punk: Yep, crazy tabloidy stories or not. ;) Any day soon this thread will break out into the Kermit gifs of joy! (I hope - or I'll end up banging my head on something repeatedly, lol)

thanks smooth...

Elenora any news from your side?

Staffordshire Bullterrier;3043663 said:
The reason the album has yet to be given a release date is because Sony is trying to track down all the musicians and collaborators who need crediting. The music giant needs to avoid the kind of litigation that marked Michael Jackson’s final years.

What they mean with this? That MJ didn't gave credit where it was due? Come on now.

they probably want to avoid the paul anka situation again

I'm so excited!!!!!! I can't wait!

they probably want to avoid the paul anka situation again

Yes. It is not always obvious who was involved in the work and has a claim of some sort. It is a lot more expensive to deal with it after release than before.

My sources in Sony China just told me they still don't receive any updates about the new album (top secret), but said the "fake song stories" are just "make some noise".

And they said the One More Chance will be premiered on TV. but they are waiting for details.

I really truly believe that the whole issue of it not being Michael's voice is totally a publicity stunt....I think the announcement is getting closer and closer, and this is getting the public's attention before the first single comes out....That's just what I think....it seems to be very convenient that this rat was thrown on the table at this time.....

:unsure:

Agreed.

At least, that's what I hope. Haha.

Making noise, huh? That is kind of clever, but there are lots of other ways to do that...

Back