Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

"The future" would be perfect...

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Hopefully with the story leaking this prompts Sony and The Estate to do some damage control and release some factual information.

Can someone explain to me what the Cascio recordings are? I've read a little bit about them, but I don't really know much about it, plus I'm having a little trouble keeping up with the story.

hope this family don't ruin this project and use the kids against the estate cause they don't receive money from estate. it will be a big shame but with this family the worst is always possible

Please do not discuss that TMZ article in this thread, it has no place here.

Reactions: PCR

Please do not discuss that TMZ article in this thread, it has no place here.
I agree with you about TMZ, but we can't deny the fact that that kind of crap really makes a lot of noise and just adds up to the bad feeling of this neverending delays.
but you are right, in fact, there's no question about your comment. It's just that is taking soooo much!!!!

The TMZ article simply re-uses the same sources as previously reported from Roger Friedman. IF MJ's kids are saying it's a fraud, we have to understand that they are very young, and in 2007 they were under 10 years old! MJ often recorded alone in the studio, and had many different vocal styles. If it's been decided that it's MJ by audio experts then it is.

Its someone stirring the pot, wouldn't pay too much attention to the article.

Family has no say in regards to the album. The estate controls it..not them. Friedman should know this....and does. He's just looking for traffic to his tabloid BS

true, lets not pay attention to a TABLOID.

Their "sources" could be their momma :D

The TMZ article simply re-uses the same sources as previously reported from Roger Friedman. IF MJ's kids are saying it's a fraud, we have to understand that they are very young, and in 2007 they were under 10 years old! MJ often recorded alone in the studio, and had many different vocal styles. If it's been decided that it's MJ by audio experts then it is.

Well, it was rumored that some members of the family argued it wasn't really MJ in This Is It before the movie came out. The film shut that rumor right up.

Though in truth, none of us have heard these songs. I'd like to think that Paris and Prince wouldn't mistake their own dad's voice. I also would like to think they wouldn't lie. I know that the second I hear these tracks, I'll know if it's the real MJ undoubtedly. They should call me!

Just a quick update: Like I said weeks ago, the album will be delayed from the original Nov 22nd planned release. The plan is to get it out in December right now. Still no planned date for the press release at this time, but the album is done and the title HAS been picked tentatively by the estate over the weekend. The delay is due to intense politics regarding the tracklisting....everyone wants a say (AKA Jackson's family) as well as the estate being very picky in how the final product sounds. Also, the plan for the album's sound changed late summer which delayed the product being finished.

Considering the election and Cirque announcement this week, personally I'd say the new album news will be out next week. Once I hear the date, I'll let you know.

When you say family, do you mean The Jacksons?? I don't want them anywhere near this album. I think that the producers should have the final word about how will final product sound. What do you mean with "the album's sound changed late summer"?? Who changed what? I don't want to hear auto-tune and other sh** over MJ voice..

Just a quick update: Like I said weeks ago, the album will be delayed from the original Nov 22nd planned release. The plan is to get it out in December right now. Still no planned date for the press release at this time, but the album is done and the title HAS been picked tentatively by the estate over the weekend. The delay is due to intense politics regarding the tracklisting....everyone wants a say (AKA Jackson's family) as well as the estate being very picky in how the final product sounds. Also, the plan for the album's sound changed late summer which delayed the product being finished.

Considering the election and Cirque announcement this week, personally I'd say the new album news will be out next week. Once I hear the date, I'll let you know.

weeks ago?
Man, weeks and weeks have gone since I start following these "updates" and see!!! 2011 is almost here.
What a boring thing to experience, really :ermm:
not your fault, ok, I know, kill the message, not the messenger, but this is going simply too far and I know what else to expect, but one thing:

AN ALBUM WITH NEW MATERIAL WILL COME SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE.

period

how good is this?
whatever. this is what we have left. great. thanks, Dr. Death :angry:

There are no better judges than fans, THE ESTATE can release a clip of a song , and we'll know FOR SURE if it's him or not. Period.

Why won't they do it? Cause it's marketing. The more talk we have about the record, the more mystery surrounds the new record, the more people would want to get a piece of it. Simple as that.

I really doubt Mike's kids get involved in these kind of things...and I hope Mike's mother can keep them as far away as possible of his dad's bussiness, as he ALWAYS did.

The only verifiable and legit information in the TMZ article is the estate lawyer Howard Weitzman who says that the voice is Michael's and it's determined by the experts in other words denying the rumors.

I'll agree that we really do not need this shadow of doubt on the new album so let's not give those tabloid stories any credit.

the best way you can tell if a song is michael's is if you can feel him while singing it. Michael's said that he combines his soul to his work, and he really does.

If we dont feel him in every song in that new album or just get a strange feeling, then something is wrong.

Is there PROOF of those audio experts? That would be really nice to see. Because how do we know the estate isn't just saying that?

And Sony's had lawsuits of fraud filed against them before.

I think the only thing that could fully dispute that article is the children giving out a public message themselves that it is bogus.

Last edited:

Elenora any news?

This article is all over the net, and some stories I have read just make me feel sick. Some of the US news sites are that over the top, just makes my blood boil,I know I shouldn't read these but any news about the album just catches my eye. I hope SONY or Estate release something soon to stop all this nonsense, otherwise when the album does break it will become the biggest joke within the press.

This article is all over the net, and some stories I have read just make me feel sick. Some of the US news sites are that over the top, just makes my blood boil,I know I shouldn't read these but any news about the album just catches my eye. I hope SONY or Estate release something soon to stop all this nonsense, otherwise when the album does break it will become the biggest joke within the press.

and this is just the not yet released album.

imagine how bad it all is for the homicide investigation.....:doh:

Last edited:

:timer:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I think most fans would be able to hear if it is really MJ or not. His children would be able too and if audio experts say it's MJ then it sure is.

Well, it was rumored that some members of the family argued it wasn't really MJ in This Is It before the movie came out. The film shut that rumor right up.

Though in truth, none of us have heard these songs. I'd like to think that Paris and Prince wouldn't mistake their own dad's voice. I also would like to think they wouldn't lie. I know that the second I hear these tracks, I'll know if it's the real MJ undoubtedly. They should call me!

True.

and this is just the not yet released album.

imagine how bad it all is for the homicide investigation.....:doh:

I don't see what this has to do with the investigation what so ever.
It doesn't affect it at all.

hope this family don't ruin this project and use the kids against the estate cause they don't receive money from estate. it will be a big shame but with this family the worst is always possible

That is exactly what it looks like. they want the album & the estate to fail, because they don't get squat.

From the outside, it looks like some in the Jackson Family are manipulating these children, because they still resent the fact that MJ left them 000 000 000.00$ .

These kids will grow up to resent this family the same way MJ resented some of them.

Does it make sense for Sony to pay $250 million for songs that are sung by a MJ immitator? Before Sony signed the contract with the Estate, there must be some due diligence works being done. Sony must feel confident about the quality of songs in the vault. The executives at Sony behind this deal put their careers at stake. We are not talking about some pocket change here. It's the BIGGEST RECORDING CONTRACT we are talking about.

Give me a break! Any one with half a brain knows the story is ridiculous. If I was the Estate administrator, I wouldn't even dignify it by responding. :doh:

The TMZ and RF trash really makes me angry for it's just so wrong for them to use Michael's children for their own gains.

I'd like to think that Paris and Prince wouldn't mistake their own dad's voice. I also would like to think they wouldn't lie.

I wouldn't be surprised if certain family members would use Prince and Paris to further their own agendas.

Kids are loyal and will do whatever an adult they trust tells them to do.

Hopefully with the story leaking this prompts Sony and The Estate to do some damage control and release some factual information.

I wouldn't count on it.

I doubt the estate are going to break their silence on this just to counter a trashy tabloid article.

I wouldn't be surprised if certain family members would use Prince and Paris to further their own agendas.

Kids are loyal and will do whatever an adult they trust tells them to do.

But, what's there for the family to gain if they manage to destroy the upcoming album?

It's a lose-lose situation.

There are no better judges than fans, THE ESTATE can release a clip of a song , and we'll know FOR SURE if it's him or not. Period..

Of course!! Just remember the "This is it" fiasco. First, these big fishes saying this was the song MJ was working on for TII shows and that this was his last ever song... and just a few notes and sounds were enough for any MJ fan to know that was the MJ of the early 80's :doh:

Why won't they do it? Cause it's marketing. The more talk we have about the record, the more mystery surrounds the new record, the more people would want to get a piece of it. Simple as that.
Yes. Simple and clear as that.

I really doubt Mike's kids get involved in these kind of things...and I hope Mike's mother can keep them as far away as possible of his dad's bussiness, as he ALWAYS did.
May that be the case :angel:

But, what's there for the family to gain if they manage to destroy the upcoming album?

Perhaps they're mad that the Cascio's could be receiving mega-royalties if their tracks are included, and the Jackson family won't be getting a dime.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when the album does come out, one or two of the brothers will be added to the writing credits on at least one song, just like they weasled their way onto TII with their corny barbershop quartet backing vocals.

Yeah. They have no reason to destroy the album.

Then again Joe and Latoya both claimed it wasn't MJ in TII - they had everything to lose there too.

Joe even arranged a VIP event for TII - and still he said we would only see doubles and no MJ - that just shows how bad he is at buisness.

Perhaps they're mad that the Cascio's could be receiving mega-royalties if their tracks are included, and the Jackson family won't be getting a dime.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when the album does come out, one or two of the brothers will be added to the writing credits on at least one song, just like they weasled their way onto TII with their corny barbershop quartet backing vocals.

That's what I fear very much.

Had MJ lived to release this album there is no way he would have added his brothers vocals as backup vocals.

But I fear they will do whatever they can to get some money out of this project.

Back