Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I believe Smooth meant that they have 14 tracks on the shortlist, not that the album would contain 14 tracks (that was my suggestion above, but I was only joking. I don't expect them to use all 14 tracks when they could keep some back for another project)

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Thank you smooth, u r the man!!!

thanks Smooth. I wish they would just leave 14 tracks on the album if they can't choose 10 out of them :)

I believe Smooth meant that they have 14 tracks on the shortlist, not that the album would contain 14 tracks (that was my suggestion above, but I was only joking. I don't expect them to use all 14 tracks when they could keep some back for another project)

oooh.i see. narrowed down to fourteen. not fourteen. damn. well yeah they SHOULD go with fourteen. i mean off the wall =10 songs
thriller= 9
bad=10
dangerous=14
history=15
invincible=16
i see a general increase in the number of songs.
they must continue tradition. it should b at least fourteen then. mayb thats wishful thinking:(
PRETTY PLEASE?!

IMHO - it'd be amazing to have 14 tracks on this album, but I do wonder if I wouldn't prefer having less tracks on one album if it meant having more albums on the long run... Like in order to stretch the excitement.

Just a quick update: Like I said weeks ago, the album will be delayed from the original Nov 22nd planned release. The plan is to get it out in December right now. Still no planned date for the press release at this time, but the album is done and the title HAS been picked tentatively by the estate over the weekend. The delay is due to intense politics regarding the tracklisting....everyone wants a say (AKA Jackson's family) as well as the estate being very picky in how the final product sounds. Also, the plan for the album's sound changed late summer which delayed the product being finished.

Considering the election and Cirque announcement this week, personally I'd say the new album news will be out next week. Once I hear the date, I'll let you know.

Thanks very much.

Considering the timescale, maybe they should just go with 14 tracks instead of 10! :)

thanks Smooth. I wish they would just leave 14 tracks on the album if they can't choose 10 out of them :)

Yeah. Give us 14 songs PLEASE!

Considering the election and Cirque announcement this week, personally I'd say the new album news will be out next week. Once I hear the date, I'll let you know.

... which is what every fan here has been saying for the last week...

:rolleyes:

But from what I'm hearing... these songs are killer. The Cascio tracks are some of MJ's best work in the past 20 years. Vocals are very strong.

by 'what i'm hearing' do you mean you've read it else where on the net e.g interviews with people who are actually working on the album or did your source tell you this?

I hope that too. They can take more time i dont care, i just want them to make an amazing album

by 'what i'm hearing' do you mean you've read it else where on the net e.g interviews with people who are actually working on the album or did your source tell you this?

My question exactly, the only person who has even made a single comment about the Casico tracks was Roger Friedman.

^^ that is a shitty article,the estate had better release a statement or something before this rumour[MJ vocals not on the records] spreads like wild fire,meanwhile Roger friedman and the tabloids are filling the void.

Umm Rockstar, why are you posting disgusting things by haters here? :scratch:

I just hope the title of the album is nothing like "Immortal". I don't think the title should have anything to do with the fact that Michael is not here anymore. It should be the title of a song, like "The Future", because this is about music, not his death or legacy. Music is the escapism. We don't need to be reminded that Michael is not here anymore by the title.

I just hope the title of the album is nothing like "Immortal". I don't think the title should have anything to do with the fact that Michael is not here anymore. It should be the title of a song, like "The Future", because this is about music, not his death or legacy. Music is the escapism. We don't need to be reminded that Michael is not here anymore by the title.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'm sure 'Immortal' won't be the title of the album. Why would they call an album of new material the same as a stage show that won't open for another year and will then only feature his old material? It wouldn't make sense.

I find it strange that Immortal has been suggested as a title; back when Michael was alive and there was a competition to design the new album cover (either on here or MJNO), I designed my cover with 'Immortal' as the title.

I do agree though, using Immortal plays on the fact that Michael is no longer with us and would probably be susceptible to all sorts of cruel jokes and puns from the tabloids. Something strong and poignant is needed.

I like the idea of an eponymous release, or The Future.

:)

I think it will be named 'The Future' it just works, it portrays that we've so much to look forward to and more albums to come, plus 'The Future' should be a track on the album, but with Immortal or Eternal your just dwelling on the fact Mike has gone, we all know Mike will still be around long after we've gone.

"I'm Still The King", that would be an awesome name for the album. :)

'The Future would be the best title.

I agree!

The Future all the way!!!

Though I actually like Escape, too.

Agree on The Future.

Better maybe just FUTURE as it also references HIStory, Past, Present and Future.

yep The Future
sounds great

"Still the King" and "The future" are both Will.I.Am tracks....We're not sure to get Will tracks on the new album...

Maybe Vision would fit better (I think it's a 2003 track)...
Will name tracks are good for an album but it's unsure to get them :)

Vision can't fit. Both the album and boxet can't have the same name, that would be horrible. Especially since it's MJ.

"Still the King" and "The future" are both Will.I.Am tracks....We're not sure to get Will tracks on the new album...

Maybe Vision would fit better (I think it's a 2003 track)...
Will name tracks are good for an album but it's unsure to get them :)
Yeah that's one problem. But if The Future is on the album (which I hope!!!) it should be the title!!! It's perfect!!!

To be very honest, I don't even care that much about the title, as long as there is really a great album on its way. For real. Tabloids around have already picked that stupid thing of the false voice in the new songs, so you can easily guess what the nasty stupid comments will be once the album is finally out there :ermm:

I dont really think 'The future' has much of a ring to it.

When I think of album names I imagine what it would sound like being said by a narator in an advert. I cant imagine that 'Michael Jackson...The Future! Available in stores everywhere now' sounds that good......

'Still The King' however does have a certain ring to it. As does 'Eternal'.

I think it has to be strong and make a statement, 'The future' doesnt have much of an impact. This is all my opinion of course, i'll be happy with whatever they call it.

Back