Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I still can't believe we still don't have news for this album!

No official news! Unbelievable, it's a mess this album, everybody is speaking
blah.gif
blah.gif

Just this! Nothing serious.

Pffffffffffff!

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

To be honest............I'm not too fussed about all the delays...........

...........As long as it's done properly (right songs, top quality audio, and all necessary finishing touches to each song)......... then I'm happy!!!!!!

i just hope nothing leaks :mello:

I agree with both....

i just hope nothing leaks :mello:

like the snippet of "another day"?
(and then all that huge mess about that new little snippet in the 2000 watts section and all our bitterness towards that "DJ Tucky-DJ Tucky-DJ Tucky" guy?

:blink:

like the snippet of "another day"?
(and then all that huge mess about that new little snippet in the 2000 watts section and all our bitterness towards that "DJ Tucky-DJ Tucky-DJ Tucky" guy?

:blink:

:yes:

lets all just sit here and bitch about it then.

Monkey Buisness going on...

Yeah. Escape is great. Should it be with X or E then ?

I think the official title of the song is the regularly spelled "Escape" but years ago when the track was leaked on the internet, the title was written with an X and that kinda stuck!

lets all just sit here and bitch about it then.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"DJ Tucky - DJ Tucky - DJ Tucky- DJ Tucky ..."

:toofunny:

oh, man... we've really have a crazy long time waiting for this thing, so it's perfectly right if we get a bit crazy, I think -_-

So if we believe Elenora the announcement should be coming the week? Most likely monday right? (which i believe is today)

If an announcement were to come, any day but Tuesday would be the best. Tuesday is election day here in the states. Not be the best time to release news when all hell is breaking loose on the right wingers trying to take back control of the house and senate (shudders in fright)

The cirque du solei tour is being announced on wed so surely they wouldn't make an announcement then either.

sigh but im not gonna get my hopes up for an announcement, i'm prepared to be dissapointed again..

No matter how real/fake a tracklist is, its always interesting to read. Remember that massive fake tracklist that was circulating before The Ultimate Collection released? Totally fake, but interesting to look at.

Hopefully Ele74 will be able to provide an update soon.
The album announcement was supposed to be made last week but was delayed at the last minute for "a few days". In an ideal world that means the announcement should be this week but as we know the Cirque annoncement is due on Wednesday. Also, in the US the announcement may be overcome by the political news. Of course, the rest of the world doesn't really care what's going on in the US, but as it is a big music market, it could delay the announcement.

Ele74, where are you???? Give us hope...
:)

If the album is released December and the first single not far behind, we could see a Christmas number one single and album for Michael, now that would be worth all this wait, not?

Plus would be nice to see X factor winner knocked off the number one spot and put all the UK media / haters in there place.

man...this feels like having this super massive, annoying frustrating itch but u can't even itch it becos its internal and u can't reach it....
i keep switching from excited, angry, frustrated, hopeful, disappointed every day...
losing patience badly now...

will those of you who are losing patience lose it at once and just get lost?

will those of you who are losing patience lose it at once and just get lost?

Sorry but we have a right to feel impatient. If its upsetting you simply don't pay any attention to our posts. :)

"According to The Sun, the release of the previously unheard material has been thrown into chaos because the Jackson family believe that several tracks recorded in 2007 do not contain Michael's vocals.

His children are allegedly being asked if their father was present in New Jersey at the time of the recordings. A forensic audiologist has also been asked to analyse the tracks to determine if they feature the 'Thriller' star."

Can someone confirm this?? smooth, ele?? It sounds very stupid and not true to me..

I highly doubt there is any chance of MJ having a Xmas No.1 single these days. It was great when Earth Song was Xmas No.1 in the UK, but that was before the days of massive selling X Factor singles. However, he could potentially have the UK Xmas No.1 album if Take That aren't still dominating the chart with their album.

They're no match for MJ worldwide, but in the UK and probably Europe now that Robbie has rejoined the group, they could be dominant for weeks after their album drops. MJ may knock them off No.1 the week his album is released, but I wouldn't be surprised if they knock him off in the 2nd week and reclaim the top spot. Xmas No.1 would be nice though.

"According to The Sun, the release of the previously unheard material has been thrown into chaos because the Jackson family believe that several tracks recorded in 2007 do not contain Michael's vocals.

His children are allegedly being asked if their father was present in New Jersey at the time of the recordings. A forensic audiologist has also been asked to analyse the tracks to determine if they feature the 'Thriller' star."

Can someone confirm this?? smooth, ele?? It sounds very stupid and not true to me..

This comes from Roger friedman originally and I have no idea how accurate it is. In the news vacuum that the estate have created it's only natural that these kind of stories start to circulate. The MJ should have just kept the world informed and should have at least refuted Roger's claims if they are false.

Lol, of course it's bullshit.

:scratch:

the article is from roger friedman who once worked for fox news who are owned by murdoch who also owns the sun.

Just a quick update: Like I said weeks ago, the album will be delayed from the original Nov 22nd planned release. The plan is to get it out in December right now. Still no planned date for the press release at this time, but the album is done and the title HAS been picked tentatively by the estate over the weekend. The delay is due to intense politics regarding the tracklisting....everyone wants a say (AKA Jackson's family) as well as the estate being very picky in how the final product sounds. Also, the plan for the album's sound changed late summer which delayed the product being finished.

Considering the election and Cirque announcement this week, personally I'd say the new album news will be out next week. Once I hear the date, I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Just a quick update: Like I said weeks ago, the album will be delayed from the original Nov 22nd planned release. The plan is to get it out in December right now. Still no planned date for the press release at this time, but the album is done and the title HAS been picked tentatively by the estate over the weekend. Considering the election and Cirque announcement this week, personally I'd say the new album news will be out next week. Once I hear the date, I'll let you know.

As much as I would like to believe you , I just dont . I am not calling you a liar regarding your source , but what I am saying is that every time you say theres going to be an announcement , it never comes . Then we get fans getting excited and disappointed when it doesnt come . Then we end up with cat fights . Then the thread gets closed to be cleaned ....
But I am not calling you a liar as regards to your inside info . Just I think it's every time your told something , it doesn't happen . Then it backfires on you , and have to put up with everyone criticising you ...

^I am giving my opinion the announcement, nothing concrete right now on a firm date.

But from what I'm hearing... these songs are killer. The Cascio tracks are some of MJ's best work in the past 20 years. Vocals are very strong. Also, Teddy Riley made them sound even more modern when he re-worked about 6 of the tracks in September and early October. The Darkchild tracks are also very strong as well. The tracklist isn't complete just yet but that's coming anyday now. They have it down to 14 tracks.

Smooth , once again

Thanks very much.

thanks smooth. Can we still expect the Will.Iam songs on the album?

Brilliant !! im sure December 6th is the date!

I thuink that the estate and the family must realise its very very important to get this project out for xmas market.

Anything from you Ele?

Terry

Considering the timescale, maybe they should just go with 14 tracks instead of 10! :)

ooohhhhhhh. thanks smooth. fourteen tracks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoooo
i feel calmer now....breath in and out..in and out...

Back