Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

What A Lame Discussion

*logs off*

There's an entire forum full of discussions. :scratch:But ok, log off if you dont like one discussion if you want.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

There's an entire forum full of discussions. :scratch:But ok, log off if you dont like one discussion if you want.

why don't you all stick to the topic of the thread........sigh

why don't you all stick to the topic of the thread........sigh

Thought you were logging out?

I believe we were talking about the title of the album (which is on topic) until you interrupted. Yours was the most off topic post until my last one. -_-

delete

I Still think this title is the best so far :)

Still the king? Hell yeah, i can agree with that. It's simple but straight to the point. It's not a title Michael would have given, sure i can't know for sure..but Still the king sounds rather braggy, and Michael wasn't braggy in the slightest. But the good man's gone, so they need to come up with a good title. Still the king is great. Or something else with king?

Maybe I shouldnt have said 'everyone'. But the media and people in general public are constantly calling people the New King of Pop, and are allways trying to replace MJ.

The media is trying to do this for a long time now.. not just since his death... They are jealous of him and they will try to put as a KING someone who can be an easy target to ruin after that... They want to raise someone to the top and then manipulate the situation so this person falls and craches into the bottom.... the biggest the target, the more the money and interest.But they just cant do it now.Maybe 10 years ago.. but now people are very egocentric and they will not help any star raise to the hights Michael once was.The times have changed.Thats another prove his throne will never be replaced.And for the discussion - I know it's not strictly to the topic, but it has great connection.I've seen things discussed in like 20 pages that have nothing to do with Michael and only about how someone trust a different friend of a source and all that personal things.. I don't see the problem we have a little conversation about the title and all.

Still the king? Hell yeah, i can agree with that. It's simple but straight to the point. It's not a title Michael would have given, sure i can't know for sure..but Still the king sounds rather braggy, and Michael wasn't braggy in the slightest. But the good man's gone, so they need to come up with a good title. Still the king is great. Or something else with king?

But Michael wrote and recorded a song called Still The King. So he must have liked it. Thats were 'Still The King' for the album title is coming from.

The media is trying to do this for a long time now.. not just since his death... They are jealous of him and they will try to put as a KING someone who can be an easy target to ruin after that... They want to raise someone to the top and then manipulate the situation so this person falls and craches into the bottom.... the biggest the target, the more the money and interest.But they just cant do it now.Maybe 10 years ago.. but now people are very egocentric and they will not help any star raise to the hights Michael once was.The times have changed.Thats another prove his throne will never be replaced.And for the discussion - I know it's not strictly to the topic, but it has great connection.I've seen things discussed in like 20 pages that have nothing to do with Michael and only about how someone trust a different friend of a source and all that personal things.. I don't see the problem we have a little conversation about the title and all.

Discussing the album title isnt off topic. I dont know what that poster was talking about. What else can we discuss until we get some indication of the release date. haha

Personally I always thought that was a stupid thing to do (no offense to those artists). It would seem ridiculous to me seeing people saying "My favorite album is Michael Jackson/Michael". I just don't like the whole idea. It lacks any sort of uniqueness that all his other albums have. Those Synonymous words like "Bad" or "Thriller", that would be great to keep going..This is all IMO of course
Metallice never seemed to have that problem. Their fourth album was self titled Metallica. It sold like 21 million copies in the United States alone. It was hailed as a masterpiece by critics and fans to this day.

It's never once created any kind of akward moments. People refer to it as Metallica, their self titled album, or they call it the black album for slang.

Personally I think self titled albums should be limited to legends such as Metallica and Michael Jackson. The artist is so awesome that they can put their name as the name of an album. I do think that for the first post humous release in MJ's career, they should call it Michael Jackson.

I kinda like the idea of his name to be the title.This is the most standing out and it's enough to originate interest in people for the product.

I really think it should be named after a song on the album.

I really think it should be named after a song on the album.

It's a tradition, I know.We really have to wait now and see.I just hope they don't ruin Michael's work.

It's a tradition, I know.We really have to wait now and see.I just hope they don't ruin Michael's work.

I think we'll just have to be the judges, if it comes out and we end up not liking it then i'm sure we will all let them know.:punk:

I don't care what its called, just as long we get it this year.

When you think about it... what's the difference if we get the album now or in the beggining of the next year?We have waited years, couple of months is nothing compared to that.I don't want Sony to rush the project and release it with poor promotion.We don't need Invincible 2.People should be aware that Michael Jackson's new music is coming.The pop world is at the beggining of a new Michael Jackson era.

This is from his twitter!

TeddyRiley1

MJs NEW ALBUM DROPS 11/30/10!!

Anybody who plans on checking back here every day for the next week hoping to hear about an announcement, might as well take a vacation. The election is tuesday. That's all the media will talk about for a week. It's almost guranteed there wont be an announcement in the next 8 to 10 days.

^^ oh poo :(

Anybody who plans on checking back here every day for the next week hoping to hear about an announcement, might as well take a vacation. The election is tuesday. That's all the media will talk about for a week. It's almost guranteed there wont be an announcement in the next 8 to 10 days.

I don't think this will matter at all, the album is not just US release its global, I shouldn't worry about the election, Michael's album will be bigger news in the UK and a US election.

He did exactly that - he left his music to his estate, which is managed by two professionals - John Branca and John McClain. MICHAEL HIMSELF trusted them with taking care of his business and legacy and that's what they're doing. This album is a product and needs good marketing.

Besides, he himself didn't come up with titles of all of his albums. I am sure it's going to be exactly the same this time around - people whom he worked with are going to propose some ideas, Sony executives are going to discuss it with the Estate and choose the best one.

IMO the album is going to be named after one of the songs (maybe those that I mentioned in my earlier post?) which is basically Michael naming the album himself...

I agree completely! I personally like "The Future" or "Future". It will hopefully be a track in the album and be a one word title following tradition.

RF may not have always been kind to MJ, but events have certainly proved him right in many respects, and it's not his job to be kind : his job is to dig out info.

:hysterical:

I've finally figured it out. Kreen is really Roger Friedman. Why else would he praise this guy and say he's credible.

Roger credible? LMAO yeah right. If that was true, he wouldn't have been fired from his cushy fox news job.

RF is a fraud.[/QUOTE]

:agree: Couldn't have said it better myself.

That's just it though, he's hardly ever right.

I would put more faith in the words of Smooth than I would RF.

And that is saying a lot because you know MattyJ is no fan of Smooth.

All I know is that the estate so far has than an exceptional job keeping Michael's legacy intact. Whatever title they pick I'm sure will be very fitting. I loooove love the titles for all his projects so far- they all pack a mighty punch: "Experience" and his DVD "Vision". If Cirque's title is "Immortal" that would be wonderful,too imo. As you can see there is a pattern here, all of these titles are one name titles. They all fit with the tradition that Michael almost always had with his album titles.

The Nov. 3 announcement will be about the Cirque du Soleil show -- that much is certain. So there won't be an album announcement the same week, as it would be PR suicide to announce two major projects in the same week. Announcements have to be spread out in order to receive maximum coverage.

Regarding the title of the eventual album, I would like them to go with something that doesn't sound too serious, or doesn't indirectly refer to MJ's death. I personally vote for something like "Michaelmania!". Yes, I would like the exclamation point to be part of the title!

The Nov. 3 announcement will be about the Cirque du Soleil show -- that much is certain. So there won't be an album announcement the same week, as it would be PR suicide to announce two major projects in the same week. Announcements have to be spread out in order to receive maximum coverage.

That's how it looks to me too.

i wonder if they'll have a bonus edition with an extra song or two ...

For a similar reason, that is exactly why I believe they WANT it to be released by late December, early January, close to Murray's preliminary hearing for the big trial coming up.

Regarding the title of the eventual album, I would like them to go with something that doesn't sound too serious, or doesn't indirectly refer to MJ's death. I personally vote for something like "Michaelmania!". Yes, I would like the exclamation point to be part of the title!

I don't know. I think he had that kind of a working title thou. I prefer titles like 'Heart', 'Dream', 'Escape' or something like that...

TeddyRiley1

Are you sure?? i just checked on teddy's tweet and he said nothing about it.

can you give us more detail??

If "escape" is on the album (and it very should be), I think the album should be called "Escape"... As tho he finally escaped from this world.. Even the lyrics in the bridge suggest that ("when I go this problem world won't bother me no more")...

-Dal

Can't wait :)

TeddyRiley1

How come no one reacted at this? Is this for real?? NOV 30th??????????

Back