Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I think STILL THE KING or THE FUTURE would be great titles if the tracks appear on the album!!!
Dont you guys get that its gotta be the name of a track from the album.
Thats what michael would have done, and when wrighting songs and naming tracks for the new album he would of had this in mind.
I dont get how any one could consider any think else??

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Yeah I assosciate the word King with Elvis just as much as MJ. We have be fair here.

I really really like Still The King.

Utter rubbish. King Of Pop is synonymous with MJ. Elvis is simply known as the King. Even the "younger generation" as you put it know that. I'm not a fan of Elvis and wasn't alive when he was around, but when you mention the King, I think of Elvis. Just because you feel MJ deserves the title more doesn't mean you should make up fantasies about all young people today thinking of Michael as the King.

If you're that ignorant about any music other than Michael, you might want to keep your replies limited to whether you prefer Bad or Thriller in future. :)

You can make a good argument that the word "King" is more synonymous to Michael Jackson than Elvis in 2010..The whole "King" term is a short form of something, like Michael Jackson = King Of Pop,so it applies to him. There is no resonation between Elvis and the younger generation, because his music didn't have the timeless, magical quality that Michael's has. Many people I've talked who are music junkies like me, they don't consider Elvis to be a "King" of anything, but simply just a singer.

Oh and people are free to voice their opinion, just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they should be "limiting their replies". Just because someone is not giving a product singer any credit, doesn't mean they are "ignorant" about other music. :)

Anyways Still The King wouldn't be too bad of a title..but I prefer Immortal :p

What about "Immortal King"? :p +rep whoever gets what I am referencing ;)

Last edited:

have we got anything else Ele? any more news on maybe a title or date of release?

Ele, Smooth or Damien - any news? :lol:

I heard theres going to be an album.

Using "King" or "Still the King" is begging for the consumers to accept you like that. You're asking to be called King, rather than allowing the general public to nominate you to that position on its own. I work for a Fitness Company and one of the tag-lines to our brands is "America's #1 Fitness Brand".

If we really were the #1 Brand why would we have to say it. It would be like Nike, having the tag-line, "We're the Best". Elvis was such a commodity, and therefore it fits to plaster his name everywhere with bold letters "THE KING". I would hate Michael to follow in Elvis' footsteps after his death. I don't want Michael to marry me and become a joke.

Just release cool footage of him, release good albums, and then let the public decide how great he is…

Adibobea9;3038770 said:
Using "King" or "Still the King" is begging for the consumers to accept you like that. You're asking to be called King, rather than allowing the general public to nominate you to that position on its own. I work for a Fitness Company and one of the tag-lines to our brands is "America's #1 Fitness Brand".

If we really were the #1 Brand why would we have to say it. It would be like Nike, having the tag-line, "We're the Best". Elvis was such a commodity, and therefore it fits to plaster his name everywhere with bold letters "THE KING". I would hate Michael to follow in Elvis' footsteps after his death. I don't want Michael to marry me and become a joke.

Just release cool footage of him, release good albums, and then let the public decide how great he is…

They released compilation album called "King Of Pop" before Michael died..So it's not like Michael was shy of using that term..He embraced it completely. Having the word "King" is not begging people to do anything. I would think the general public knows how great Michael is. They really do, but it depends on how well each individual has actually taken the time to listen to all his music and appreciate all his art. There is a reason why Michael is often considered the greatest artist of all time by people, and I don't think people are blind to that fact at all..Now if they were to name the album "Immortal King" or something like that, I don't think people would be going "Oh look at that they are just a tag line" , the reality is, that Michael deserves the recognition of greatness more than a product singer. So it's perfectly fine to show people how great he is IMO , I trust the estate 100% in all the decisions ,they have been great so far so I don't think we have to worry about anything

Last edited:

new album title.....

"BLUE STEEL"

:tease:

They released compilation album called "King Of Pop" before Michael died..So it's not like Michael was shy of using that term..He embraced it completely. Having the word "King" is not begging people to do anything. I would think the general public knows how great Michael is. They really do, but it depends on how well each individual has actually taken the time to listen to all his music and appreciate all his art. There is a reason why Michael is often considered the greatest artist of all time by people, and I don't think people are blind to that fact at all..Now if they were to name the album "Immortal King" or something like that, I don't think people would be going "Oh look at that they are just a tag line" , the reality is, that Michael deserves the recognition of greatness more than a product singer. So it's perfectly fine to show people how great he is IMO , I trust the estate 100% in all the decisions ,they have been great so far so I don't think we have to worry about anything

^ Completely agree

WHAT ??? :wild: :wild: :wild: WHEN ??

LOL :D

Dont take my word for this, because if i'm wrong i'll be crucified. But word as of now is that it will be released sometime after Michael's death, and before the world ends. I didnt want to be to specific, but it is definately sometime within that time frame.

For all we know it could have already been released, and we just forgot.

Wait wasnt it that This is It CD? Oh no wait, that was a greatest hits...

Or was it? I mean they had already released King Of Pop, Essential, Number Ones and the Ultimate Collection. It cant have been a greatest hits because we've already had about 5 others since 2001. They couldnt have possibly released another greatest hits.

I cant wait for the 4 year anniversary re-re release of the new album in 2014....

'Still the king 4' I can see it now. Featuring special remixes of the songs from the original album from some of todays most popular artists Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.

'Still the king 4' I can see it now. Featuring special remixes of the songs from the original album from some of todays most popular artists Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.

:puke: DON'T scare me like that!! :bugeyed

Beiber and Gaga will not be popular in 2014!

While I disagree about Justin Bieber (I think he's going to be good one day), how could you possibly take anything I said in my last post that seriously?

If i had to give an award for most entertaining thread i think it would go to this one.

If i had to give an award for most entertaining thread i think it would go to this one.

I know! Screw the album, i'll take this thread anyday.

Or maybe, this was all a secret plan from the estate and family to bring us all closer together........We are just coming to the realisation now. All this time, this was the best part about being a fan. Sitting here discussing it all with you guys :'( Thank you for teaching me that lesson MJ estate.........:')

No but seriously, where's the album -__-

If the estate was to ever read this thread I think they know how to please all of us pretty well by now.

HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 2

Disc 1 - Collection of hits.
Disc 2 - The new album.

What? Come on, there has been a 100 number one collections in last years, who wants another one?
Beside that, i don't like the title. The new album has nothing to do with HIStory, so why give it that title?
Artists, who title their albums like that ussually release an album that has the same theme or is somehow connected with first album.

I really really like Still The King.

I think it sounds arrogant and too suggestive.

Out of all mentioned titles i prefer Eternal. However, i really don't care that much about the title - as long as the music will be good, it can be called whatever you guys want. :D

Still the King! WTF.This is the worst possible choice.Who said he isn't the king? Why should Michael prove that he is a king again... His legacy is 40 years hard work, nobody can move him from his throne.This title will be an answer to who?To the people who question Michael's significancy ? Forget about them.. Michael is a king and this is end of the story.. no more on this subject.A year ago I said that for me the best choice will be Eternal.I see some people remembered this.I hope someone is reading our comments about this and takes them in mind.

Still the King! WTF.This is the worst possible choice.Who said he isn't the king? Why should Michael prove that he is a king again... His legacy is 40 years hard work, nobody can move him from his throne.This title will be an answer to who?To the people who question Michael's significancy ? Forget about them.. Michael is a king and this is end of the story.. no more on this subject.A year ago I said that for me the best choice will be Eternal.I see some people remembered this.I hope someone is reading our comments about this and takes them in mind.

He died, and everyone is trying to find a replacement King of Pop. Which is ridiculous I know. This would shut them the hell up once and for all.

Who is "everyone"?The people I know and communicate with are well assure who is the KING of pop and they respect that.We shouldn't give so much importance to these fake "stars" and all that computer altered crap that is being released every day!Let me witness someone whos survives gracefully for five generations, someone who manage to stay number one and I will think about it.I don't like that title, I don't like the state that it connects to our fan community.

He died, and everyone is trying to find a replacement King of Pop. Which is ridiculous I know. This would shut them the hell up once and for all.

In my opinion, if there is something that would shut anybody up, that would be great music and not such a (pathetic?) title...

Thats what it is - pathetic.Michael doesn't need something like that to prove, he had done everything that has to be done and he did it the best way.We need just some fresh music, raw vocals, not so altered and the album will be good.Only his voice is enough for me to make a song unforgettable.

Who is "everyone"?The people I know and communicate with are well assure who is the KING of pop and they respect that.We shouldn't give so much importance to these fake "stars" and all that computer altered crap that is being released every day!Let me witness someone whos survives gracefully for five generations, someone who manage to stay number one and I will think about it.I don't like that title, I don't like the state that it connects to our fan community.

Maybe I shouldnt have said 'everyone'. But the media and people in general public are constantly calling people the New King of Pop, and are allways trying to replace MJ.

In my opinion, if there is something that would shut anybody up, that would be great music and not such a (pathetic?) title...

I think you are all forgetting the fact that Michael wrote a song called 'Still the King' himself.

Thats were we got the title for the album from. If we are going to name the album after a song on the album, thats the title we picked that would fit the album title best. Either that or the future. Call it pathetic all you want, but Michael obviously didnt think it was pathetic.

:clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:

What A Lame Discussion

*logs off*

Back