Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

RF may not have always been kind to MJ, but events have certainly proved him right in many respects.

That's just it though, he's hardly ever right.

I would put more faith in the words of Smooth than I would RF.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Personally I always thought that was a stupid thing to do (no offense to those artists). It would seem ridiculous to me seeing people saying "My favorite album is Michael Jackson/Michael". I just don't like the whole idea. It lacks any sort of uniqueness that all his other albums have. Those Synonymous words like "Bad" or "Thriller", that would be great to keep going..This is all IMO of course

Well, there was "Forever, Michael" which I actually think would be a cool title now, but it's been used! :p

I think "Michael Jackson" works fine...his name is so damn powerful...and 2 see an album cover completely black with "Michael Jackson" in a banging font and color written across the front would speak volumes,nothing else needs 2be said. That name alone is just....epic

I think "Michael Jackson" works fine...his name is so damn powerful...and 2 see an album cover completely black with "Michael Jackson" in a banging font and color written across the front would speak volumes,nothing else needs 2be said. That name alone is just....epic

That would be cool. Like "The White Album" (the late-career album technically called "The Beatles") I'm sure fans would nickname it something, esp if there was some powerful and simple visual image.

I've finally figured it out. Kreen is really Roger Friedman. Why else would he praise this guy and say he's credible.

Roger credible? LMAO yeah right. If that was true, he wouldn't have been fired from his cushy fox news job.

RF is a fraud.

It's not like much is credible on Fox News anyway, at the end of the day they still have Bill 'o Reilly, a bigger piece of shit has to be born yet, but they deserve eachother, O Reilly and Faux News.

What's with this silly censorship? Any anonymous nobody can come here and claim far-fetched links to insiders, but an actual, well-known columnist with actual links to real persons in the MJ camp (RF obviously is in contact with some of the Cascios) is banned and can't be discussed? RF may not have always been kind to MJ, but events have certainly proved him right in many respects, and it's not his job to be kind : his job is to dig out info.

Proved him right in many respects? Such as? Just curious.

You all say that it wouldnt be right to name Michael's album for him, we he would hate it even more if it was called something plain like 'Michael' or 'A gift from Michael'. I think he would hate that.

I think Still The King would be best. Can you imagine seeing an advert for it.

It starts with clips from Carmina Burina and then ends with. 10 all new tracks from the King of Pop. Michael Jackson 'STILL THE KING' out everywhere December 6th 2010.

What's with this silly censorship? Any anonymous nobody can come here and claim far-fetched links to insiders, but an actual, well-known columnist with actual links to real persons in the MJ camp (RF obviously is in contact with some of the Cascios) is banned and can't be discussed? RF may not have always been kind to MJ, but events have certainly proved him right in many respects, and it's not his job to be kind : his job is to dig out info.

Why don't you just disappear? nothing that you post is ever positive, ugh! Roger Friedman's articles are not allowed her, if you don't like the rules then stop posting here!

I think this would be a great idea!

You all say that it wouldnt be right to name Michael's album for him, we he would hate it even more if it was called something plain like 'Michael' or 'A gift from Michael'. I think he would hate that.

It starts with clips from Carmina Burina and then ends with. 10 all new tracks from the King of Pop. Michael Jackson 'STILL THE KING' out everywhere December 6th 2010.

I Still think this title is the best so far :)

agree!

Like what I said before, MJ has power! and like no other.

No offence, but "Still The King" is terrible.

It's too pompous, it's not electrifying, and it opens up a can of worms for the pundits.

On that note, "King" has already been used by rapper T.I, but that fits in with his moniker of being "King Of The South".

Hopefully the estate stays away from anything that speaks volumes of Michael no longer being here, unless it's titled in a way that isn't a dart in the direction of Michaels gone but he's still the best hee-hee omg rofl.

So no Immortal, Still The King, or Phoenix.

However I feel titles that subtly do it would work nice. Best suggestiong I've heard on here thus far is "Eternal".

I also like the idea of Sony playing around with HIStory Volume 2. I'm sure most new casual fans picked up Number Ones, but packing the new album with some of the better songs post -95 would show a lot of people that Michael's quality never declined.

Obviously give the option for both versions, single disk, and double disk. I reckon Best Buy will package the Vision set with the album as well at some point.

aggg... still caught in the think of the name, meaning no news.... how bad is that!!! but ok, it's the weekend, no needs are to be expected now until next Monday or something like that. aggggg :angry:

Still the king would work. Because that's like you're still including his name in the title. "King". Also, I agree with seriouseffect. I also felt that it was kind of too pompous though.

But I honestly just like "Michael Jackson". That's like, Michael is so bad that all you have to do is just slap his freakin name on the album, and we all get it.

It's not like much is credible on Fox News anyway, at the end of the day they still have Bill 'o Reilly, a bigger piece of shit has to be born yet, but they deserve eachother, O Reilly and Faux News.

:punk:looooooooolllllllllll
true.

"The Future" it is.

Ok great now that the title is chosen should we include Xscape or not?

Not, not, not.

but events have certainly proved him right in many respects.
kinda having difficulty thinking of any lol.the only legit info he ever got was during the trial from joe tapicano. the rest was from randy peddling his druggie crap in the mid to late 00's how many times did he say mj was gonna lose the sony/atv. was at least every month lol

I'm 30 years old and I still want to own a physical CD, so I'm sure most of the fans older than me would have the same preference. I hope albums don't go the same way as CD singles. It's nice to have something tangible.
user_offline.gif
yeah same here. im in your age group.

and "die murray die " for the album title.! seriously im more intrested in the quality of the songs than what the title is. doesnt really matter

No, if I had it my way Xscape and Hold My Hand would not be included.

I mean, my god! We have waited 9 years for an album of new songs, why the hell would we want to include songs we have heard over and over again in that time?

HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 2

Disc 1 - Collection of hits.
Disc 2 - The new album.

^^^

Most people have never heard HMH or Xscape.

But I agree. They could be added on a single release.

HIStory: Past, Present and Future: Book 2

Disc 1 - Collection of hits.
Disc 2 - The new album.

Problem is Disc 1 would be almost the same as the disc 1 on the HIStory we already have. - I LOVE the idea though.

HIStory needs a BOOK 2 some day.

Problem is Disc 1 would be almost the same as the disc 1 on the HIStory we already have. - I LOVE the idea though.

HIStory needs a BOOK 2 some day.

Not exactly, Disk 1 could have songs from BODTF, Invincible, TUC, and other rare tracks. I just wonder if it was ever Michael's intention to do a book 2.

The Future would be a great title, but it all depends on whether or not they're allowed to use the will.i.am songs. Personally, I'd be very surprised if we saw the will.i.am songs on the new album.

I bet you they're going to go with "Immortal" and have some kind of cross-promotion thing with the Cirque Du Solei shows.

I like the idea of just using his name, but what about Legacy or Evermore? I hope they come up with something fitting, or just use his name. Maybe Michael had already thought of some titles??

Immortal isn't a bad title, I mean it kinda fits, I just hate the title personally because as I stated earlier it opens up a door for pundits.

"Jackson Not So Immortal As New Album Slips Off Charts"

For instance this "wonderful" article..

Michael Jackson not so Invincible
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jul/20/entertainment/et-letters20.3

Terrible.

He already has an album called King Of Pop. Plus, the word "King" is synonemous with Elvis (no matter how much we all believe MJ is the real king)

Most of all though, it's just a rubbish title. Seriously lacks ANY imagination. They might as well call it "White Socks" or "Nose Job"!!

"King" is JUST as synonymous with Michael Jackson as it is with Elvis.

In fact, to the younger generation, it's actually MORE synonymous with Mike...because they are more familiar with him than Elvis.

I'm not saying that should be the title of the album, but I just had to respond to this post. lol

Not exactly, Disk 1 could have songs from BODTF, Invincible, TUC, and other rare tracks. I just wonder if it was ever Michael's intention to do a book 2.

Disc 1 would have maybe 20 tracks then.

The first 15 being the same then + BOTDF, Butterflies, Break of Down, YRMW, We've had enough.

i really don't like 'still the king'
it sounds so imploring and like its begging for people to accept mike as the king. he IS the king. there shouldnt even be any doubt. he was never NOT the king.
i really like immortal or eternal bt i completely understand whoever sed it might 'open up a can of worms' for the media. ughhh. they did exactly that with invincible in rolling stone..
i must say i do trust them tho. i reckon they'll come up with something with a punch

^^^

Most people have never heard HMH or Xscape.

But I agree. They could be added on a single release.

I know most people havent heard them, but most of us fans have. His loyal fans who have stuck by him for years and years. If either was a strong enough song, i'd say put it on there anyway because its too good to leave off. Regardless of the fact we have all heard it 100's of times. But I dont really think either song is strong enough to put on there anyway. Xscape is a great song, but not strong enough to put on there regardless of the fact we have all already heard it. Hold My Hand I feel is an average song at best.

This needs to seem as close to a brand new album as possible in my opinion, personally I would include all songs from no earlier than 1998. Unless there are songs earlier than that which are super amazing, then we must hear it.

As fans, how can you possibly want to have a song on the album that you have already heard before? On top of that, Hold My Hand is not really a good song.....i'm sure the version with more MJ is much better but still.....its not a very 'strong' track.

It should include some Cascio recordings, some Will.I.am recordings, A Place With No Name, Another Day and a really amazing track from the 80's.

I realise we are all having conflicts of opinions here, but let me say. Its a priviledge to be sitting here discussing this album with you all :) haha

Back