Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

^^ I like Michael or Michael Jackson...plain and simple...it stands out, obviously :D

Q "Whats your favorite Michael Jackson album?"

A "Michael Jackson"

Q "Yeah Michael Jackson..what is your favorite Album of his?

A "I Said Michael Jackson"

Q "No, I mean what's your favorite album by him..."

A "My favorite album is Michael Jackson"

Q "Agh!!"

:lol:

No offense, but naming it "Michael" or "Michael Jackson" is just plain silly..Whenever it's talked about people have to always having to make clear that they are talking about a completely separate album, and not the artist...It should be like the rest of his albums...something that you hear the word and the album is synonymous with that word...Perhaps maybe for a compilation album, but I don't think Michael ever would have named an album "Michael" just IMO.

I love the fact that all his albums have this straight forward,one word, catch to it...unless maybe Michael had made suggestions of the title himself to others, then I think that it should continue like that...Or maybe naming it after a song on the album, I guess that could work if it's a great song title..

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

A "Michael Jackson"

Q "Agh!!"

No offense, but naming it "Michael" or "Michael Jackson" is just plain silly..Whenever it's talked about people have to always having to make clear that they are talking about a completely separate album, and not the artist...It should be like the rest of his albums...something that you hear the word and the album is synonymous with that word.

....well WHATEVER .....you can kiss me arse if you don't like it...:lol:

I see what you're saying though....

I don't know then!!! :lol:

Reality check... The Estate and Sony are working on what Michael left in the vault. If they have an inspiring song like HTW and Earth Song that is good enough to be released, great! If not, it's not anybody's fault. If there isn't any "humanitarian song" on the album, it doesn't mean the Estate is not following Michael's wishes.

Michael left hundreds of songs in the vault. And the estate even asked for songs that weren't in the vault.

There's got to be some good songs they could put on the album. (all it takes is for a song to be as good as 'Cry', not 'maninthemirror' or 'earthsong'.) Also, I forgot the website, but there's a HUGE list of titles of unreleased Michael songs. From that long list I read, I remember quite a handful of them sounding like a title to a humanitarian/political song.

If anyone has the link to that list, please send it to me. I can't believe I didn't save that link.

A "Michael Jackson"

Q "Agh!!"

No offense, but naming it "Michael" or "Michael Jackson" is just plain silly..Whenever it's talked about people have to always having to make clear that they are talking about a completely separate album, and not the artist...It should be like the rest of his albums...something that you hear the word and the album is synonymous with that word...Perhaps maybe for a compilation album, but I don't think Michael ever would have named an album "Michael" just IMO.

I love the fact that all his albums have this straight forward,one word, catch to it...unless maybe Michael had made suggestions of the title himself to others, then I think that it should continue like that...Or maybe naming it after a song on the album, I guess that could work if it's a great song title..
But a lot of artists have self titled albums and no confusion ever happened to them.

No, it's not stupid.

They also just suggested "Michael" or "Michael Jackson". That would be better than having a legend's work being named by the people he didn't even leave his music to.
I personally think there are plently of awsome names that could go with Michael's new album!!, but when I think more about it, naming a legend's work ourselves (whether we are fans, producers, employees of a company) is not really something we should be doing. Unless his name is somewhere in that title, because that's a whole differnet thing

He did exactly that - he left his music to his estate, which is managed by two professionals - John Branca and John McClain. MICHAEL HIMSELF trusted them with taking care of his business and legacy and that's what they're doing. This album is a product and needs good marketing.

Michael was all about success and good marketing. What you're suggesting is the complete opposite. Making his children come up with a title is plain unnecessary, when you have professionals who know his music and worked with MJ for decades willing to do the same.

Besides, he himself didn't come up with titles of all of his albums. I am sure it's going to be exactly the same this time around - people whom he worked with are going to propose some ideas, Sony executives are going to discuss it with the Estate and choose the best one.

IMO the album is going to be named after one of the songs (maybe those that I mentioned in my earlier post?) which is basically Michael naming the album himself...

Yes it defo needs to be a title from a track on the album. thats what MJ would of and did do on his albums so why would you want it any different??

A "Michael Jackson"

Q "Agh!!"

lol. well, michael's name should be part of the title in someway.

My opinion on that has not changed.

Yes it defo needs to be a title from a track on the album. thats what MJ would of and did do on his albums so why would you want it any different??

exactly.
There are dozens of fully completed songs with cool titles like "Be Me 4 A Day" (or "Be Michael"), "Do You Want/Love Me", "The Future" or "Belong 2". What they need to do is pick one of these and that's all. Same thing MJ would've done.

He did exactly that - he left his music to his estate, which is managed by two professionals - John Branca and John McClain. MICHAEL HIMSELF trusted them with taking care of his business and legacy and that's what they're doing. This album is a product and needs good marketing.

Making his children come up with a title is plain unnecessary, when you have professionals who know his music and worked with MJ for decades willing to do the same.

It's been quite a debate, but now...

It's time for me moonwalk out this thread...

:moonwalk

Last edited:

But a lot of artists have self titled albums and no confusion ever happened to them.

Personally I always thought that was a stupid thing to do (no offense to those artists). It would seem ridiculous to me seeing people saying "My favorite album is Michael Jackson/Michael". I just don't like the whole idea. It lacks any sort of uniqueness that all his other albums have. Those Synonymous words like "Bad" or "Thriller", that would be great to keep going..This is all IMO of course

Ashtanga needs to be rewarded for her awesome grasp on the inner struggles of the fan in wait. You are very talented. :D

:give_heart:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

:shifty:​

No, it's not stupid.

They also just suggested "Michael" or "Michael Jackson". That would be better than having a legend's work being named by the people he didn't even leave his music to.
I personally think there are plently of awsome names that could go with Michael's new album!!, but when I think more about it, naming a legend's work ourselves (whether we are fans, producers, employees of a company) is not really something we should be doing. Unless his name is somewhere in that title, because that's a whole differnet thing.

Gift from Michael doesn't sound cool? Because that's what his music is before ANYTHING else, it is a gift. Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Off the Wall, History, Invincible, you can combine ALL those titles together and call Michael's music simply a GIFT.

That doesnt mean it should be called 'A gift from Michael'.

Seriously, people would laugh.

I think something like Immortal or Eternal are the best bets.

Personally I would like 'Still the king' best. Especially considering there is a song with Will.I.am called that. I honestly cannot work out in my head how that song would go.

Personally I always thought that was a stupid thing to do (no offense to those artists). It would seem ridiculous to me seeing people saying "My favorite album is Michael Jackson/Michael". I just don't like the whole idea. It lacks any sort of uniqueness that all his other albums have. Those Synonymous words like "Bad" or "Thriller", that would be great to keep going..This is all IMO of course

Oh I agree completely. I just wanted to point that out.

How do we know that Michael didnt already have a title in mind?

He may have made one of these songs with Will.I.am for example, then turned to him and said 'I was thinking that this would be a good title for the album actually, _____, it has a certain ring to it'

Perhaps maybe for a compilation album, but I don't think Michael ever would have named an album "Michael"

You're right, Michael would not have named an album anything as pedestrian and unimaginative as "Michael" or "Michael Jackson". He would have hated that.

Come on, after Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Invincible, Blood on the Dance Floor, History, it has to be more creative than just a self titled album.

I like Eternal or Immortal in theory, but actually they make me think more about him being gone. "Timeless" is my favorite. His music, his videos, everything about him is timeless. I believe time is the only thing that seperates us now and someday we will all be in that timeless place where he is now.

They can call it "Mylanta" for all I care -just as long as there is a album.

Could somebody bring me up to date? Has there been an announcement? What is the last as of now that we have heard Elle74, what's her name, or smooth?

They can call it "Mylanta" for all I care -just as long as there is a album.

If they don't release the album soon we will all need a dose.

Terrible.

He already has an album called King Of Pop. Plus, the word "King" is synonemous with Elvis (no matter how much we all believe MJ is the real king)

Most of all though, it's just a rubbish title. Seriously lacks ANY imagination. They might as well call it "White Socks" or "Nose Job"!!

I see,you are correct.Sorry.Bad idea

How about 'Shamone' ? :cheeky:

Could somebody bring me up to date? Has there been an announcement? What is the last as of now that we have heard Elle74, what's her name, or smooth?

Believe me, if there had been an announcement, you would've heard it for sure!:D

guaranteed, the name of the album will be something none of us would have ever guessed....(unless it's after one the tracks) :D

Just to let you know that we don't allow Roger Friedman articles to be posted at MJJC due to his history with Michael over the years. :flowers:

What's with this silly censorship? Any anonymous nobody can come here and claim far-fetched links to insiders, but an actual, well-known columnist with actual links to real persons in the MJ camp (RF obviously is in contact with some of the Cascios) is banned and can't be discussed? RF may not have always been kind to MJ, but events have certainly proved him right in many respects, and it's not his job to be kind : his job is to dig out info.

...and it's not his job to be kind.

It's everyone's job to be kind.

I wonder why so many who are ambitious and want to stand out in their jobs, forget that.

Tsukiji;3037867 said:

I have always wanted this album to be self-titled, because he never did that. Even more so since he passed on. Besides, a lot of famous albums are self-titled and it wouldn't be referred to as the Michael album, but they could have a prominently white cover art and it be would the "white album". You don't need anything else besides the words Michael Jackson to sell the album, and that is the point that would be made.

Also I think you guys worry too much about the name of the album. Granted I don't want some cheesy title, but I care more about the song choices that what the Estate plans on naming the album…

I've finally figured it out. Kreen is really Roger Friedman. Why else would he praise this guy and say he's credible.

Roger credible? LMAO yeah right. If that was true, he wouldn't have been fired from his cushy fox news job.

RF is a fraud.

Adibobea9;3038007 said:
I have always wanted this album to be self-titled, because he never did that. Even more so since he passed on. Besides, a lot of famous albums are self-titled and it wouldn't be referred to as the Michael album, but they could have a prominently white cover art and it be would the "white album". You don't need anything else besides the words Michael Jackson to sell the album, and that is the point that would be made.

Also I think you guys worry too much about the name of the album. Granted I don't want some cheesy title, but I care more about the song choices that what the Estate plans on naming the album…

Most self titled albums are the artist's first album. They are usually referred to as "_____'s debut/first album". It wouldn't work very well with this album.

Adibobea9;3038007 said:

Wanna know why we are talking about album titles and covers? BECAUSE WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT!!!

We don't have anything else to talk about. We don't know the tracklist, we don't know the date, we don't know anything about it. If it weren't for the insiders and other musicians speaking out we wouldn't have known about this album at all. Sony didn't release so much as an announcement for the love of god!

So yes, we worry about miniscule, insignificant, and utterly pointless details because that's all we can talk about for now. Trust me, when new info arises nobody will care if the album is called "Legacy" "Michael" or "Bajeebus". But for now.. that's all we can do.

Back