Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

analogue, that is good idea, however think its time to get on with getting it out and i think also by now they have named it.

Ele, smooth any news?

Sony hopes to let the things worked out during this week end... we'll see...

Ele74

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

This gif, and the Kermit one are now dubbed, 'Ashtanga's gifs'...:lol:

Ashtanga needs to be rewarded for her awesome grasp on the inner struggles of the fan in wait. You are very talented. :D

Edit: ALso guys, can we try not to double post. It would help us a lot, that if you have something to add and you were the last poster, you would edit your last post and continue your thought. Please!:D
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Sony hopes to let the things worked out during this week end... we'll see...

Ele74

okey thanks for the info ele
but what things? the things with the family?

Can't wait.

It has to be one word title.

Michael Jackson Reloaded :lol:

If Michaels not here to decide a title then I don't think they could call it other than just Michael Jackson or, Michael. Something like that. From Michael to you. Gift from Mr Jackson.

okey thanks for the info ele
but what things? the things with the family?

i don't know, something blocked what's happening a couple a days ago... it could be something related to distribution or every aspect of the promotion ready in time.. not necessary legal-issues....

Ele74

i don't know, something blocked what's happening a couple a days ago... it could be something related to distribution or every aspect of the promotion ready in time.. not necessary legal-issues....

Ele74

I really hope the stuff RF was talking about is not true. I am losing patience with the family and leeches. Hopefully issues will get resolved quickly so the album can drop.

Thanks Ele for the updates!:)

Smooth anything to add???

We have no idea if the block is caused by the family or leeches. It could be something completely separate. It's frustrating knowing it's close and Sony can't afford to let things get in the way this close to Xmas, but let's just wait and see.

Hard to believe we'll hear anything until the week after next at the earliest.

It wouldn't make sense to announce the Cirque shows and new album at the same time. They would take the focus off each other.

I suggested "Still The King" and "King" as album titles when this thread first opened months ago as i had heard about the song and now people like the title haha :)

just Googled "Cirque Du Soleil: Michael Jackson, the Immortal World Tour", many results

seem like there was a leak and then pages got deleted.

"Immortal" may really be the name of the tour, even of the new album.

The exitment gets more and more unbearable.

just Googled "Cirque Du Soleil: Michael Jackson, the Immortal World Tour", many results

Well, I think it's gonna be "Immortal" then... :wild:

^ i am so glad none of you work for the estate. lol Some of these names are beyond cheesy.

Yuck!!!

Legacy FTW.

Ele74

Mhh ok... thank you!
hope its done over the weekend

^ i am so glad none of you work for the estate. lol Some of these names are beyond cheesy.

Yuck!!!

God, I hope we're wrong so you don't think the name it's cheesy :smilerolleyes:

I really love "Immortal" :yes:

Last edited:

If Michaels not here to decide a title then I don't think they could call it other than just Michael Jackson or, Michael. Something like that. From Michael to you. Gift from Mr Jackson.

finally someone who is making sense!! ( like 'from michael to you')

Shame that the estate/Sony is naming Michael's album. (at least I hope not!)

Michael is an artistic genius, like Pablo Picaso. Naming Michael's album after his passing is like some random person finding a never seen Pablo Picaso's painting after his death and naming Picaso's work himself. From the music world, Michael's work is like a Shakespears's work. 'So I have Shakespear's unreleased writings, and I'm going to publish it for him, which gives me the credit to name his work myself.'

The ONLY people that could name Michael's album is his own children to whom he left his songs to in the first place, not Branca and not anyone at Sony.

It just angers me to see someone of the same status as legendary Picaso and Shakespeare having their own work named by someone else.

Last edited:

The Future, The Future, The Future!!!

That's my favourite suggestion for the title.

Immortal or Eternal are no more cheesy than Invincible. Not that Invincible is cheesy, I just dont think Immortal or Eternal are either.

finally someone who is making sense!!

Shame that the estate/Sony is naming Michael's album. (at least I hope not!)

Michael is an artistic genius, like Pablo Picaso. Naming Michael's album after his passing is like some random person finding a never seen Pablo Picaso's painting after his death and naming Picaso's work himself. From the music world, Michael's work is like a Shakespears's work. 'So I have Shakespear's unreleased writings, and I'm going to publish it for him, and name it myself.'

The ONLY people that could name Michael's album is his own children to whom he left his songs to in the first place, not Branca and not anyone at Sony.

So, according to you, no one but Michael or his children can name an album. Should they just call the album "Michael Jackson's First Posthumous Album" instead? How about the next ablum? "Michael Jackson's Second Posthumus Album"???

I understand your point. I agree with you that Michael's music is masterpiece. It's divine art. But, please, don't scrutinize everythig the Estate involves in to such degree. I feel some people just enjoy picking on the Estate administrators.

Based on what happened thus far, the administrators are doing a great job in reinforcing Michael's legacy. I'd rather the people involve in the project do the best that they can to produce an album Michael would have been proud of. So, if they think they need to take several more weeks to ensure the quality. Why not? It's not because the Estate wants to "toy the fans", it's becasue they are doing their jobs and making sure everything is living up to Michael's pefectionist standard.

"Forever, Michael" could be a good title. But... he had this title already.

I still don't see the point in us discussing titles, since que actually have no word in this. But I totally understand the reason of this: we NO LONGER KNOW WHAT TO DO WHILE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WE ARE GOING CRAZY waiting here.... for so long.... aggggggggggggg
:wild: :wild: :wild: :wild: :wild:

I do believe that the album name will be the same as an album track, whatever it will be it will be 'Immortalised' forever. I reckon it will be 'Another Day' just very fitting, although Mike is not with us, its basically just 'Another Day' in everyone's life. Plus Another Day is just a superb track.

they can take more time, of course if it will worth it and they will make an AWESOME job, not a good job

I don't think "Another Day" is a worthy title. I mean, 20 years from now: "yeah, my second favourite MJ album is Another Day."

Just doesm't fit if you ask me.

Isn't the Cirque Du Soleil show called Immortal? Or a title with that word IN it?

If so, then yes that will be the album title...for the Cirque soundtrack (ie: Compilation #737)...'cause you know it's coming. Haha. :cheeky:

Resurrection is a good name for a comeback or posthumous album, but it's so overdone. (2Pac, Common, etc.)

I still like "The Future" and "Another Day" best because they leave room for interpretation. They acknowledge that he's gone, but lives on - without sounding like they're doing that, haha. Eternal, Immortal, Resurrection, and Still the King are nice, but they just sound so much like posthumous album titles. And I want this to sound like what Michael would have called it. Any of those titles coming from him would have sounded a bit self-aggrandizing. Invincible worked because it sounded tough and a bit magical at the same time, LoL. But to have two self-reflective titles in a row would just be kinda'...meh. Haha.

They should follow Michael's trend to make it seem more like an album from him rather than to him, but if they don't then I like "Michael" better than "Michael Jackson" - It sounds stronger.

Back