Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Maybe Kermit should be on the back of the cover of the new album just to remind us how constructive our discussion was, how exemplary our behaviour was with each other and how stoically patient we were.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

It had singles on radio and it had major promo - it was on the same level as a new album. And it got outsold. Simple facts.

It might have had singles and had promo, but it was not a proper new album by any means. It was basically a remix of a 25 year old album. HUGE difference.

Yeah and it was. The promo campaign for T25 was excellent, though mainly focused on the USA: MJ themed TV shows, album promos on TV, 'thrillicious' drinks ads LOL, that thing where you put your own face in the Thriller video.
It was huge and T25 did sell very well but was outsold in the US by Jack Johnson. Globally it was easily the biggest seller in its first and second week of release.

I don't like it when people quote US figures and stats as though they are the be all and end all, especially when they're not resident in the US themselves (e.g. when I see a UK paper quoting US figures as though they're UK figures or as though they're global!)... It's simply not true.

The worst thing is when MJ fans are offended and stamp their feet when somebody suggests MJ may not defeat all the competition. They ascert that he will simply "because he's Michael JAckson!!!" Wrong. Facts are facts. Sales are sales. MJ will sell what he sells and the competition will sell what they sell. MJ is not guaranteed to defeat the competition and Sony will be very aware of who they are putting him up against. There is a LOT of competition in November and through to Xmas so they will be planning the release very carefully.

Well, I think the worst thing is when the album isn't even out yet, and already people are making negative statements about who will outdo and outsell Michael's album. What is the point of that??? No one can possibly know. Michael hasn't had a new CD out since 2001, and that one had no promo at all. This one will.

It might have had singles and had promo, but it was not a proper new album by any means. It was basically a remix of a 25 year old album. HUGE difference.

Once again; I did not say the content was on the same level as a new album, I said the promotion was.

They didn't just say "hey let's give thriller a new cover and re-release it"

They said "hey let's celebrate the 25th anniversary of the greatest album of all time by expanding it and having it appeal to the new generation of fans as well as the old. Let's create a whole new website around thriller 25. We will release singles on physical CD and iTunes. Include a never before released song! great packaging and built in booklet. Let's do 30 weeks of Thrillercasts featuring world renowned singers, dancers, producers and friends of MJ for promotion! Add a DVD to the album! In store cardboard cut out life sized cd stands! Superbowl commercial for thrillicious and more!"

you see.... On the same level as a new album!

If Another Day is not the 1st single, that's great news. That's a strong track but yet the Estate wants something else as the 1st single.

Please let it be I'm Dreamin :)

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know what "I'm Dreamin" is. :D

Edit: Nevermind, I know what it is now.

Last edited:

Once again; I did not say the content was on the same level as a new album, I said the promotion was.

They didn't just say "hey let's give thriller a new cover and re-release it"

They said "hey let's celebrate the 25th anniversary of the greatest album of all time by expanding it and having it appeal to the new generation of fans as well as the old. Let's create a whole new website around thriller 25. We will release singles on physical CD and iTunes. Include a never before released song! great packaging and built in booklet. Let's do 30 weeks of Thrillercasts featuring world renowned singers, dancers, producers and friends of MJ for promotion! Add a DVD to the album! In store cardboard cut out life sized cd stands! Superbowl commercial for thrillicious and more!"

you see.... On the same level as a new album!

I know, sorry, I was a little behind. I read your other posts after I posted that. :)

Last edited:

I bet you the album is called 'Immortal'

This post is intrigueing.

The username only has 2 posts. Could this be an insider tipping us off???

I'm not sure what to think if the album is called "Immortal". I would prefer something that didn't reference his death tbh...

I'm not sure what to think if the album is called "Immortal". I would prefer something that didn't reference his death tbh...

agree.. :cheers:

All of MJ's albums have been a single word and had the same title as one of his songs so I hope they continue the tradition (assuming there is a track on there with a one word title)!

All of MJ's albums have been a single word and had the same title as one of his songs so I hope they continue the tradition (assuming there is a track on there with a one word title)!

off the wall = 3

Honestly, I don't mind December 6th. It's 3 days after my birthday. Woo :)

My birthday's December 3rd too! :D

On another note, I still don't have an email from MJ.com and no email from Cirque du Soleil either.
What's the point in signing up to these sites for updates when they don't bother update EVERYBODY who signs up???

Isn't the Cirque Du Soleil show called Immortal? Or a title with that word IN it?

Blood On The Dancefloor = 4

If we use the full title, Hisory: Past Present and Future, Book 1 = 6 (+ a number)

:)

P.S Where's Ele74 with the updates? :)

Last edited:

It should be called Eternal.

Or if it follows the pattern of previous albums where there is a song on the album with the same title, it should be called 'Still The King'

I really do think its called Immortal now! because Michael lives on in HIS music, he will never be truely gone He is Immortal in this. However i hope there is a track on album with same name.

Terry

However could be that the cirq is that name and the poster has put it straight from seeing that.

For the album title i still think it would be cool if they release a poll of the official tracklist and then the fans can vote for the title track.

analogue, that is good idea, however think its time to get on with getting it out and i think also by now they have named it.

Ele, smooth any news?

1000 times better to actually own a real CD single with a cover than some digital download.

yeah i dont see the point of paying for something that i cant even see. and have no physical presence of if that makes sense. u can hear the song on the radio or utube if im paying for something i want something physical in my hand

whatever way, it just feels so wierd having someone name Michael's album FOR him....

Things don't look to be easy between the family and Sony.

But it's hard to believe that Michael stayed with the Cascio's during several months in 2007 without recording anything...

yeah i dont see the point of paying for something that i cant even see. and have no physical presence of if that makes sense. u can hear the song on the radio or utube if im paying for something i want something physical in my hand

I think with an artist like Michael Jackson (i.e. one with a broad age range for a fan base) that they should consider manufacturing some physical CD singles for those older people who don't know how to download legally or those who just don't like buying digital downloads.
It makes sense to have Justin 'Beaver' singles as download only because his fan base is primarly young school girls who don't really remember CD singles anyway, but not an artist considered to be a 'legacy' artist.
Even if they only made a limited number (e.g a few thousand) available through some online stores, such as Amazon and Play or one big store (e.g Tesco) that would be great.
I'm 30 years old and I still want to own a physical CD, so I'm sure most of the fans older than me would have the same preference. I hope albums don't go the same way as CD singles. It's nice to have something tangible.

I bet you the album is called 'Immortal'

I bet you the album is NOT called 'Immortal'.. It is stupid. The album will be called after one of the songs like Another Day, Still The King, The Future or simply Michael Jackson.

I bet you the album is NOT called 'Immortal'.. It is stupid. The album will be called after one of the songs like Another Day, Still The King, The Future or simply Michael Jackson.

New album's title: "Michael Jackson" is not so bad. Very neutral.

Here's my fave album titles so far....

The Future
Still The King
Legacy or The Legend
Eternal
Mystery
Pheonix
The Magic
Awakening

I hope they choose a strong captivating name, nothing boring

Last edited:

I said Eternal months and months ago, I feel either Eternal or Immortal would be perfect and fit in with the rest of his album names.

I like Resurrection for album title because it sounds great plus Michael wanted to call his never released 2003 album Resurrection. And if the song Resurrection exists that would be perfect album title.

I think with an artist like Michael Jackson (i.e. one with a broad age range for a fan base) that they should consider manufacturing some physical CD singles for those older people who don't know how to download legally or those who just don't like buying digital downloads.
It makes sense to have Justin 'Beaver' singles as download only because his fan base is primarly young school girls who don't really remember CD singles anyway, but not an artist considered to be a 'legacy' artist.
Even if they only made a limited number (e.g a few thousand) available through some online stores, such as Amazon and Play or one big store (e.g Tesco) that would be great.
I'm 30 years old and I still want to own a physical CD, so I'm sure most of the fans older than me would have the same preference. I hope albums don't go the same way as CD singles. It's nice to have something tangible.

I'm the same...i'm 28..i want a physical CD :D

So.... we are discussing the possible title of the album... again... which means no news yet. agggg... :ermm:

Back