Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Just think of if we didn't have internet access would any of us even know an album was potentially coming?

I know! the "good old days", when his singles would come one after the other forever. When I think of those days (I was a bit older than 10 then), I had no single idea of albums/promotions/music industry.

Michael Jackson was EVERYWHERE. ALWAYS. Period.

And he kept surprising and shocking and rocking the world.

Man... what an artist.... ahhhh.... well.... no drama needed.

LOVE YOU, MICHAEL!!!!

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Err... albums do get released in December you know!

YES!!

And everybody is releasing their albums in November. I'm in the UK now and these guys are going crazy about the reunion of Take That and the tickets for their tour going on sale this Friday morning. But it's not only TT having a new album, but many, many more. Really many more.

But... who cares??? Even when I certainly love many of those having new albums in November, my heart just goes wild for Michael's.

And I keep waiting :yes:

I wonder why there are no commercials on TV.( at least...I haven"t seen one. )
I mean...this is Michael we"re talking about. It should be everywhere.

^ I agree... There is nothing about the new album. Not on wikipedia, not on google... There is nothing about the new album anywhere, even it will be released on December... :S?
Nothing even 1 single released yet or picture of the album cover..

^ Sorry Nova. Just woke up here in NY. Didn't realize.

Well, 12/6 it might just be.

Thank goodness for HMV giving us the news need :)

Yeah I think December would be better for release. Everyone will be buying it for Christmas, and as has been said before there are a lot of popular artists releasing albums in November. Not to say MJ couldnt outsell them all, because of course he can. But he will sell more with all of those albums out of the way.

November/December are going to be the 2 greatest months for music in my entire life :|:|:|

so no new album. Just alot of talk instead

so no new album. Just alot of talk instead

The album iscoming, be patient. All we can do till then is talk......

Thank goodness we have HMV giving us the information we actually need :)

How can HMV be sure of this releasedate?
But I would love this album get released in early december

Does anybody else feel the same as me. I'm going to be annoyed when I see people going 'Ooo the new Michael Jackson album is amazing!' after all of the crap we have been through before the album release.

I just want to scream to people, I'VE WAITED 7 YEARS FOR THIS.

I should just be able to enjoy the fact that everyone will love it, but I cant. I hate when regular fans dont realise how much of a big fan I am haha

Perhaps its just me.

I am also worried about the fact that this album is going to take over my life? I mean, you wait so many years for it and then it comes. How will I ever stop listening, I think my hands will be shaking trying to open the case and put it in.

Does anybody else feel the same as me. I'm going to be annoyed when I see people going 'Ooo the new Michael Jackson album is amazing!' after all of the crap we have been through before the album release.

I should just be able to enjoy the fact that everyone will love it, but I cant. I hate when regular fans dont realise how much of a big fan I am haha

Perhaps its just me.

I am also worried about the fact that this album is going to take over my life? I mean, you wait so many years for it and then it comes. How will I ever stop listening, I think my hands will be shaking trying to open the case and put it in.

Lol, it's exactly the same for me.
There is a lot of good music coming out constantly (next month Jamiroquai, Ne-Yo, N.E.R.D. etc) but when I listen to these albums it's "just" exciting.

With MJ's album? It's going to be magical. A day I will remember for the rest of my life, pretty much like most important days in "HIStory". I plan on taking a day off, going to the music store just when it opens... Then it will finally happen. I'm at home, open the new album... go through the booklet, smell it. Put the CD on, listen to it for the first time on headphones. After that another listen on loudspeakers. And then I'll be listening to his music for the rest of that day. One of the best days of my life.

*dreaming*

it's simple, if we don't get an announcement next week w'ill have to wait till next year and no album will be released in 2010. period
so it's a deadline right now

UK:

22nd Nov

Alesha Dixon – The Entertainer
Bette Midler – Memories Of You
JLS – Outta This World
Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
My Chemical Romance – Danger Days: True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Take That – Progress
Now 77

29th Nov

Akon - Akonic
Black Eyed Peas – The Beginning
Duffy – Endlessly
Glee Cast – Glee Christmas
Kelly Rowland – Kelly Rowland
Olly Murs – Olly Murs
Robyn - Body Talk
Simian Mobile Disco – Delicacies

6th Dec

Cee Lo Green – Is The Lady Killer
Plain White T’s – Wonders Of The Younger

13th Dec

Ciara – Basic Instinct
Jay Sean - Freeze Time

US:

November 23

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy [Deluxe Edition]
Ke$ha - Cannibal
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: True Lives of the Fabolous Killjoys
Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday
Ne-Yo - Libra Scale [Deluxe Edition]
Smashing Pumpkins - Teargarden By Kaleidyscope Vol. II
Alan Jackson - 34 Number Ones
Sting - Live In Berlin [CD + DVD]
Daft Punk - Tron Legacy Soundtrack
Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul 2
Benedictine Nuns - Voices
Yngwie Malmsteen - Relentless
Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
Scott Weiland - Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Perry Como - The Complete Christmas Collection
The National - High Violet [Expanded Edition]
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine [2010 Remaster]
Jay-Z - The Hits Collection Volume 1 [Deluxe Edition] [Collector's Box Set]
King Crimson - In The Wake of Poseidon [CD+ DVD Deluxe]
King Crimson - Islands: 40th Anniversary Series
The Doors - Live In Vancouver 1970
Kings X - Live Love In London

November 30

Black Eyed Peas - The Beginning
Tim McGraw - Number One Hits
Fefe Dobson - Joy
Jazmine Sullivan - Love Me Back
Chrisette Michele - Let Freedom Ring
Ron Isley - Mr. I

December 7

Plain White T's - Wonders Of The Younger
Duffy - Endlessly
Robin Trower - The Playful Heart

6th December looks good for some MJ domination as long as residual sales from previous weeks aren't too strong....

Perhaps its just me.

Lol, it's exactly the same for me.
There is a lot of good music coming out constantly (next month Jamiroquai, Ne-Yo, N.E.R.D. etc) but when I listen to these albums it's "just" exciting.

With MJ's album? It's going to be magical. A day I will remember for the rest of my life, pretty much like most important days in "HIStory". I plan on taking a day off, going to the music store just when it opens... Then it will finally happen. I'm at home, open the new album... go through the booklet, smell it. Put the CD on, listen to it for the first time on headphones. After that another listen on loudspeakers. And then I'll be listening to his music for the rest of that day. One of the best days of my life.

*dreaming*

I love these two posts! I feel the same! Thanks guys! :D

If December 6th is the date, they might hold off on the 1st single until Vision comes out. So 1st single, Vision, The Experience Wii game 11/22 and album 12/6.

it's simple, if we don't get an announcement next week w'ill have to wait till next year and no album will be released in 2010. period

Personally, I've always believed the album will be released next year for certain reasons.

grossly inaccurate prediction.

Some of you are being far too closeminded about the required promotional timeframes for this album.

They could announce the album and single on Nov 16th, release single on Nov 23rd, then release album on Dec 6th.

They don't need much time between announcement and release. I actually think 3 weeks is PLENTY of time. You don't want the buzz to die off in the time between announcement and release...

Credit to Damien, he mentioned that since the Akon album comes out in late November, Hold My Hand should be on HIS album. This way we still get the song, but it doesn't take up a spot on MJ's album. Plus, it reaches a new audience and could be a hit.

Oh really? I didn't know we had professional music business insiders on this forum.

probably next Wed. with Circque de soleil announcement.

I hope soooOOoo very very much the album will come this year.

From what Ele, Damien and Smooth are saying I think it will come this year.

It has to be released before christmas to get benefit from the X-mas sales.

Anyone else find it weird HMV have it as 6/12 when it's not even confirmed? I reckon that's the date.

^^^^

Or maybe they are just guessing like we are.

Anyone else find it weird HMV have it as 6/12 when it's not even confirmed? I reckon that's the date.

Well the date makes sense. We shall see.

Back