Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

^ How has it? There are still 9 weeks between now and new years eve 2010.... All they need is a 2 week or so timeframe between initial announcement and album hitting shelves.

All it will take is one announcement "BRAND NEW Michael Jackson single out next week!" and the world will be fixated on it. Then the single comes out, people love it, one or two weeks later the full album comes out amid huge hype over the single, and everyone buys it. This can all happen any time between now and Xmas.

It's Michael Jackson's first posthumous album. It wont take much, if any promotion to make the whole world aware of it, especially once a single drops (which can happen in an instant)

Last edited:
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I totally understand everything from a marketing standpoint, make a shocking brash announcement and hook the fish while the food is still fresh in their mind.

From a community standpoint however I feel we are being neglected. It's great we have insiders here, and we're all obviously savy enough of the internet to find all the latest rumors, but seriously we knew of Invincible over a year before it was even completed.

Sure Michael was here to promote, but with the lack of promotion that album was given it still pulled impressive numbers.

Michael didn't manipulate his fanbase to draw big numbers, we always knew the process sometimes a release date, and most likely the revised release date lol.

Just think of if we didn't have internet access would any of us even know an album was potentially coming?

I think theyre being smart by not announcing it until its 100% locked in. If they put out a statement and for some unforseen reason things didnt pan out as they announced, we'd be pissed for THAT reason. It's a lose lose and I reckon they're going with the lesser of the two evils. Silence until everything is in stone.

I totally understand everything from a marketing standpoint, make a shocking brash announcement and hook the fish while the food is still fresh in their mind.

From a community standpoint however I feel we are being neglected. It's great we have insiders here, and we're all obviously savy enough of the internet to find all the latest rumors, but seriously we knew of Invincible over a year before it was even completed.

Sure Michael was here to promote, but with the lack of promotion that album was given it still pulled impressive numbers.

Michael didn't manipulate his fanbase to draw big numbers, we always knew the process sometimes a release date, and most likely the revised release date lol.

Just think of if we didn't have internet access would any of us even know an album was potentially coming?

very very true.....But, I mean, the circumstances are completely different this time....

I get where you're coming from though....

I think theyre being smart by not announcing it until its 100% locked in. If they put out a statement and for some unforseen reason things didnt pan out as they announced, we'd be pissed for THAT reason. It's a lose lose and I reckon they're going with the lesser of the two evils. Silence until everything is in stone.

I'm still on my boat that believes Sony leaked "Another Day" to test the waters, and how long ago was that? At least then they could have sent out a statement saying that the track was stolen and coming from the forthcoming album.

No date needed and would have been enough confirmation that there was an album in the works, it just leads back to what I said earlier in the thread, not having the Estate or Sony give solid information makes it far too easy for TMZ and Freidman to write tabloid trash about dismay in the estate etc.

I hate to be so damn negative, but we all know that Michael's public downfall was not having a strong spokeperson to combat rumors and give solid information, it just allowed for the media to run rampant and make up garbage and with out a rebuttal people either swing one of two ways..believe the filth, or just take it as trash.

We as fans take it as garbage, but think of the average person skimming through TMZ and they see an article saying that the new Jackson album will suck because the Estate doesn't want Sony to use "the best tracks."

So now the only information this person has about the album is a negative stigma about the album.

I agree. Clearly this has not been a straightforward process. New material came to light after the work had already been started, negotiations with the people involved, etc, etc.

I thought RF articles weren't allowed? That would include other outlets just copying and pasting it! lol

Last edited:

I thought RF articles weren't allowed? That would included other outlets just copying and pasting it! lol

true - once again please no Roger Friedman articles in the News section.

Thread cleaned.

true - once again please no Roger Friedman articles in the News section.

Thread cleaned.

Thank u! :) I find it unfair every time there is good news on MJ here comes the media to mess it up! IMO on purpose right one time clearly Planned! BOOO! -_-

Release date on HMV has been changed to December 6th.

I think thas it then. 6th December sounds more like the release date now. Think they will have to get it out for then or will miss xmas market, however i think if the marketing and promotion has started and is in full swing then they can drop the album upto last week before xmas. As long as the single drops before xmas then alls good as id love Michael to be no1! Do an Earth Song Sony!!

yep just saw that too, it kinda makes it seem more real :) the next few weeks are gonna be really exciting !!... this my fave mjjc thread ever :D

brilliant
i will put up my christmas tree the day we get the album.....!!!!

...Michael's public downfall was not having a strong spokeperson to combat rumors and give solid information, it just allowed for the media to run rampant and make up garbage and with out a rebuttal people either swing one of two ways..believe the filth, or just take it as trash...
Agreed 100%. I always felt that Mike was too silent. I think his approach was to try to ignore the negativity because it was easier to do that than dignify the rumours with a response. I think if he had better representation and IF he had allowed people inside his world a little more, things could have turned out better. It's easy to believe malicious and crazy rumours about a person you know nothing about, particularly when they are eccentric.

The thing is the Estate DID announce there would be an album out in November. If Vibe is to be believed, it was then confirmed later in the year. IF they had kept their silence there wouldn't have been so much bickering on the MJ boards over the last few months and they would have been a nicer place. They announced the album would be announced in November and have pretty much stayed silent apart from that, which was not the best way to act IMO. Either they should have said nothing at all, or they should have kept us better informed. This is 2010 and the game has changed. People crave instant access to information. That's why artists' Twitter/Facebook/Myspace pages are so popular.

From a community standpoint however I feel we are being neglected...
Me too.

I think thas it then. 6th December sounds more like the release date now. Think they will have to get it out for then or will miss xmas market, however i think if the marketing and promotion has started and is in full swing then they can drop the album upto last week before xmas. As long as the single drops before xmas then alls good as id love Michael to be no1! Do an Earth Song Sony!!

6th December sounds more reasonable given where we are on the calendar. It's interesting that they've bothered to change the date, rather than just say 'TBC'. PResumably they must have been given some information to work with.

I contacted Kevin Hughes (entertainment reporter for Heart FM) and he said the following:
"Apparently we should have news early next week..."

He also confirmed that Mark Ronson had hinted to him that he was working on

I don't know what his source is, but it's interesting he too is waiting for early next week. I'm guessing maybe people in the business are being kept informed somehow. They'll be the ones who create the initial buzz. After all, if they ignore the album announcement then nobody will know it even exists. Kevin is a big MJ fan and played 'The Girl Is Mine 08' alot when he had his own show.

He also confirmed that Mark Ronson hinted to him that he is working on a track (didn't say whether it was a remix or album track), and that Mark Romaneck confirmed he had some some 'incredible' tracks but couldn't commit to creating the video for the first single.

Last edited:

Mjstar just shared that theres gonna be an announcement from the estate on 3rd of npvember:)

Yeah 3 Nov is probably about the cirque shows... Didn't robin leach already say that was coming?

Yeah 3 Nov is probably about the cirque shows... Didn't robin leach already say that was coming?

Yes, the Cirque du soleil tickets go on sale on November 3rd. Perhaps the estate will use that day to announce the album too, but I guess they wouldn't want to share the spotlight.

yes, November 3rd is about cirque de soleil. Keep waiting..

That's Finland's Independence Day so nothing in Finland will be released on that day. Besides according to Sony Music Finland their day for new releases seems to be wednesday, so hopefully we will get the new album on Dec 8th then.

Sony just told me that's not a confirmed date.

(he didn't say it's not true, he said it's not confirmed)

Last edited:

It's impossible...

if there's no new album in November, we will get nothing but noting in 2010...

so, is there any official tracklist??

for now, we know "Another Day" and "Hold My Hand" will be in the album

We don't know that at all.

It's impossible...

if there's no new album in November, we will get nothing but noting in 2010...
Err... albums do get released in December you know!

39 days......!!

^^^^

Yes. Very soon indeed.

Got to be soon...... hasn't it?

Got to be soon...announce it in the morning....to show us that you care for us...cause this album's made just for us.....

Back