Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

My ideas, based on unreleased song titles that could be included on the new album:

"Be Me 4 A Day" (or "Be Michael")

"That"

"Do You Love Me - Do You Want Me"

"This Is Our Time"

"Tubeway"

"Vibrationist"

"The Gloved One"

"Face"

"Dirty Minds"

"Force"

"Forever"

"Nobody Else"

"Trash"

"The Future"

"Belong 2"

I like the short ones and they sound great as album titles... but something like "Do You Love Me - Do You Want Me" would work great too. Have you ever heard of an album that has two title tracks?

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I don't think "Another Day" is a worthy title. I mean, 20 years from now: "yeah, my second favourite MJ album is Another Day."

Just doesm't fit if you ask me.

I agree, but I think "My Favorite MJ Album is Immortal" sounds AWESOME, I hope it's Immortal myself ;)

Not a fan of the title 'That'... can you imagine? "And we're announcing the legendary new Michael Jackson album; 'That'". Doesn't sound good! Same for 'Trash' and 'Face'. They sound very sarcastic.

I quite like 'Force' and 'The Future' though.

I agree, but I think "My Favorite MJ Album is Immortal" sounds AWESOME, I hope it's Immortal myself ;)

I hope not! There is no song of that title and it basically equals June 25th, at least to me.

I hope they choose some artistic title with a deeper meaning, that makes people think.

just googled "cirque du soleil: Michael jackson, the immortal world tour", many results

seem like there was a leak and then pages got deleted.

"immortal" may really be the name of the tour, even of the new album.

so,the name leaked ?!

I hope not! There is no song of that title and it basically equals June 25th, at least to me.

I hope they choose some artistic title with a deeper meaning, that makes people think.

I wouldn't mind that either...I've said it before, but I hope it's something that when people say it, they only think of his album and nothing else..."Immortal" as far as I know hasn't been used by any popular artists or anything, and personally I just love the word, it's simple, but it's powerful...

I personally don't like the whole idea of naming it "Michael" or "Legacy" to me, those sound like Greatest hits titles..

I wouldn't be disappointed if it's something with a much more artistic title, I would be very happy if they went in the direction..I just hope it is something unique.

Yeah, how about "Unique"? :D

how about no name? just a photo of Mike on cover!

Just read this....??
Think maybe why the album date pushed back?/
*Roger Friedman link removed*

Last edited by a moderator:

Just read this....??
Think maybe why the album date pushed back?/
*Roger Friedman link removed*

Just to let you know that we don't allow Roger Friedman articles to be posted at MJJC due to his history with Michael over the years. :flowers:

Ok sorry i didnt realise wher it was from, hadnt heard this info before.
Still wonder if it is true?

hi everybody,

Thanks a lot for all the info added to the topic. I truly appreciate keeping us updated when it comes to the album. Great work guys
2d99y8k.jpg

But there's something that bothers me. Here and in other topics. The unbelievable negativity by some of the members. It's really disheartening to see some fans fond of expressing so much negativity and whining. Some even report negative info regarding Mike without double-checking!!

Like with Thriller25. What's up with the "The album was outsold in the US." Sorry dearies, But this piece info is totally wrong. According to many articles back then in 2008, Michael was the best selling American artist in 2008, with the Thriller25 album. Not just in the compilation Billboard catalogue, but also in the contemporary catalogue. Only second to the British artist Amy Winehouse (Back to Black album).

And yeah Michael CAN outsell people just because he's Michael Jackson. That's a proven fact. Not a personal assumption. Want proof? How about the Thriller25 sales?? Do you think an album of old material sold so much because of MJ's collaborations with Akon/Fergie/Will.I.Am??? It's sad when fans,who surely adore Mike, don't give him much credit when he deserves it.

How about the This Is It album going to No#1 spot in manyyyy countries around the world, including US and UK??And selling millions of copies outselling major artists?? The material in the album was all rehashed. People could have just downloaded the album for the new demos. But no. It sold Millions, again, because it is Michael Jackson.

And if anyone would bring up the "Invincible" Album selling only 11/or 13 millions (since numbers vary from one source to another), please check the whole truth about it. The Sony issue. Sony producing less CDs to make Michael's status look bad. Them not allowing Michael to shoot any short films of the album. Thus preventing him from reaching to a new younger generation. Keeping in mind that MJ had the power to garner younger additional fans with each album. A thing that his colleagues can't do. One more thing to remember, Sony could easily forge less sale unit, again to make him look bad. They had a major issue with the catalogue anyway. So they have got to play dirty.

For the last proof for Michael's incomparable popularity and attraction, check Forbes top earning artists guys. He topped the dead and the living. He topped everybody with his old materials. Stuff that people could easily download on torrent or whatever. Yet people prefered to buy the real thing, the physical CDs. Because it is Michael Jackson. How could not that prove anything to you.

Regarding the coming album, I have no doubt in my heart that it would sell massively. And that it would break new records.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to get it out of my system :)

My 2 cents that the new album will be called ''Immortal''

"???G" is a good idea.What do you think?

Terrible.

He already has an album called King Of Pop. Plus, the word "King" is synonemous with Elvis (no matter how much we all believe MJ is the real king)

Most of all though, it's just a rubbish title. Seriously lacks ANY imagination. They might as well call it "White Socks" or "Nose Job"!!

i just want top tier material and not filler.

If they got 60-80 Songs they aint gonna put the best 10 on this album. Prob but the best 3-4 they need to save some for the next couple releases??
What you think??

If they got 60-80 Songs they aint gonna put the best 10 on this album. Prob but the best 3-4 they need to save some for the next couple releases??
What you think??

I think they will probably put as many of the best recent songs on it. Its the first one after his death, so therefore its the most important.

Yer part of me wants them to put the best 10 on ther so the album can be the best it can, to continue his legacy, but on the other hand in would be good to keep getting great songs for the next 10 years

They should make this the best album possiple.

Yer part of me wants them to put the best 10 on ther so the album can be the best it can, to continue his legacy, but on the other hand in would be good to keep getting great songs for the next 10 years

Think of it this way: Do you new albums from now till 10 years after or do you want an album that lasts 10 years?

I'd much prefer the latter.

This one needs to have all the best songs in order to establish that the others will be worth buying (for the general public).

Think of it this way: Do you new albums from now till 10 years after or do you want an album that lasts 10 years?

I'd much prefer the latter.[/QUOTE]

Right. And so would Sony and the estate. =P

I still say "Mayhem" would make a good album title, as that's what is going on right now...sheer Mayhem!!!

So, according to you, no one but Michael or his children can name an album. Should they just call the album "Michael Jackson's First Posthumous Album" instead? How about the next ablum? "Michael Jackson's Second Posthumus Album"???

I understand your point. I agree with you that Michael's music is masterpiece. It's divine art. But, please, don't scrutinize everythig the Estate involves in to such degree. I feel some people just enjoy picking on the Estate administrators.

Based on what happened thus far, the administrators are doing a great job in reinforcing Michael's legacy. I'd rather the people involve in the project do the best that they can to produce an album Michael would have been proud of. So, if they think they need to take several more weeks to ensure the quality. Why not? It's not because the Estate wants to "toy the fans", it's becasue they are doing their jobs and making sure everything is living up to Michael's pefectionist standard.

The person I replied to today. I liked their idea better, naming the album something along the lines of 'from michael to you' or 'gift from michael'.

But just going and giving a legend's work it's name when you didn't even make that music and it wasnt even left to you. It just isn't right. If this was shakespeare or picasso, it would be different. I hope at least they've asked Michael's children for an opinion or what they like better or something.

Aside from all that, Michael began including great humanitarian songs in his work since his bad album. He also included political songs as well. From bad, he had man in the mirror, then with the following albums, heal the world, they don't really care about us, money, earth song, we've had enough, D.S. etc. etc, and on his last album, invincible, he inluded the song cry.

Deepok chopra said that during Michael's last months, Michael was working on a song about environmental change.

I HOPE this new album will have one of those types of songs (humanitarian or political). Michael's always been sure to have one or two spots for those kinds of songs. So I'm looking forward to which song was chosen for that spot, or even if they followed him at all on that.

Last edited:

Something like 'From Michael to you' or 'a gift from Michael' would be stupid.

Casual fans would be feel so stupid going round calling the album that.

Hey might pop into HMV today! Oh yeah? What are you gonna buy? A gift from Michael.....

Thats why one name albums are better, they just sound cool and are easier to promote.

Something like 'From Michael to you' or 'a gift from Michael' would be stupid.

Thats why one name albums are better, they just sound cool and are easier to promote.

No, it's not stupid.

They also just suggested "Michael" or "Michael Jackson". That would be better than having a legend's work being named by the people he didn't even leave his music to.
I personally think there are plently of awsome names that could go with Michael's new album!!, but when I think more about it, naming a legend's work ourselves (whether we are fans, producers, employees of a company) is not really something we should be doing. Unless his name is somewhere in that title, because that's a whole differnet thing.

Gift from Michael doesn't sound cool? Because that's what his music is before ANYTHING else, it is a gift. Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Off the Wall, History, Invincible, you can combine ALL those titles together and call Michael's music simply a GIFT.

Don't underestimate Michael, an album with a title of more than one word shouldn't do any damage if he is Michael Jackson. You see that fist symbol of power he's holding high in my avatar? That's what he's got.

Last edited:

^^ I like Michael or Michael Jackson...plain and simple...it stands out, obviously :D

Aside from all that, Michael began including great humanitarian songs in his work since his bad album. He also included political songs as well. From bad, he had man in the mirror, then with the following albums, heal the world, they don't really care about us, money, earth song, we've had enough, D.S. etc. etc, and on his last album, invincible, he inluded the song cry.

Deepok chopra said that during Michael's last months, Michael was working on a song about environmental change.

I HOPE this new album will have one of those types of songs (humanitarian or political). Michael's always been sure to have one or two spots for those kinds of songs. So I'm looking forward to which song was chosen for that spot, or even if they followed him at all on that.

Reality check... The Estate and Sony are working on what Michael left in the vault. If they have an inspiring song like HTW and Earth Song that is good enough to be released, great! If not, it's not anybody's fault. If there isn't any "humanitarian song" on the album, it doesn't mean the Estate is not following Michael's wishes.

Back