Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I am getting seriously annoyed with the whiners here. I have a suggestion - let's split this thread into two - those who whine and are "seriously impatient" and those who do want to wait and have patience. Given that there is no Michael here to supervise or anything.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I don't have the time to find the exact quote but someone said they had been camping out since 1am, and she said most likely camp out for a few more days.

Someone else asked if the announcement would come this week, and she said she was waiting for authorization to say anything, but said we would probably know the information before she was even allowed to say it..which I assume means it's coming rather soon.
Let me just explain... i was talking (or not talking :D) about something happening in 48/72h. When this first step will be "visible", then you'll know the album is coming. Yesterday it was checked and ready, today, things are still (once again) *on hold* for another couple of days. Tomorrow? I really don't know right now, I'm not Sony, not the Estate. One thing is for sure, they both want to do the best as I know, and take for themself the time for doing it. So... we just need to wait. Nobody will lose affections about a new MJ album. It's not the content we're discussing, it's the time that is changing a little bit. When it will be the green light, things will go soo fast, maybe too fast, but there're a lot of things that need to be ok first and only the Estate and then Sony know about it.

Ele74

Thanks again Ele :D

Thanks Ele.

Thanks for the updates..waiting patiently for the album announcement. I just hope it will be soon! ;)

Let me just explain... i was talking (or not talking :D) about something happening in 48/72h. When this first step will be "visible", then you'll know the album is coming. Yesterday it was checked and ready, today, things are still (once again) *on hold* for another couple of days. Tomorrow? I really don't know right now, I'm not Sony, not the Estate. One thing is for sure, they both want to do the best as I know, and take for themself the time for doing it. So... we just need to wait. Nobody will lose affections about a new MJ album. It's not the content we're discussing, it's the time that is changing a little bit. When it will be the green light, things will go soo fast, maybe too fast, but there're a lot of things that need to be ok first and only the Estate and then Sony know about it.

Ele74
Thank you! :D

Ele just few more questions...

Will the first single be released before the album?
Can you confirm that will.i.am songs are included on the album?
Are all songs from 2001-2009 time period or will be some older outtakes like LNFSG?

Smooth if you know something about this please tell us..

Will the first single be released before the album? YES, BUT SPEAKING ABOUT A FIRST SINGLE IS REDUCTIVE. I CAN'T SAY MORE RIGHT NOW...
Can you confirm that will.i.am songs are included on the album? I DON'T KNOW
Are all songs from 2001-2009 time period or will be some older outtakes like LNFSG? I DON'T KNOW

Ele74

I am getting seriously annoyed with the whiners here. I have a suggestion - let's split this thread into two - those who whine and are "seriously impatient" and those who do want to wait and have patience. Given that there is no Michael here to supervise or anything.

Yeah, we should just make another thread: "Where's this damned announcement?? I'm dying here!" :D

so very excited right now
thanks for sharing again ele

:clapping:

Will the first single be released before the album? YES, BUT SPEAKING ABOUT A FIRST SINGLE IS REDUCTIVE. I CAN'T SAY MORE RIGHT NOW...
Can you confirm that will.i.am songs are included on the album? I DON'T KNOW
Are all songs from 2001-2009 time period or will be some older outtakes like LNFSG? I DON'T KNOW

If a single is released this year it may only be as digital release, how can they have time to print physical CD singles to be released before the actual album?

48/72 H - so we will hear something this week?

I think an announcement in a weekend is a bad idea. They should wait till Monday. That way MJ will be all the newspapers write about all week.

Well MJ will certainly be popular this weekend due to it being Halloween and Thriller being played all over the place.

Maybe an announcement on a Thursday. Less likely on a Friday or weekend. If we don't hear anything tomorrow, then probably next Tuesday or Wednesday.

48/72 hrs for an announcement ??

WHAT IF , the announcement comes friday , with the single on itunes on Monday and the video released next week also .
Then , the album on 22nd Nov ???

Possible ?

^ Yeah, I think it would only take 2-3 weeks for the CD's to be manufactured.

If a single is released this year it may only be as digital release, how can they have time to print physical CD singles to be released before the actual album?

48/72 H - so we will hear something this week?

digital release. And about time... it's not what i wrote. 48/72h was the original time (today,tomorrow deadline)... now it's *on hold* for another few days.

Ele74

I still think it's wrong that the King of Pop gets only under a month of promotion. Only MJ fans know an album is coming.

digital release. And about time... it's not what i wrote. 48/72h was the original time (today,tomorrow deadline)... now it's *on hold* for another few days.

Ele74
I hope this is wrong, as I really want it released as not only digital but CD single (s).

When Michael Jackson's new CD is officially announced ready,
I'm going to just SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpcrazy::8-25-03stretcher:

Ele74

Looks like probably next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'd rather they took a few extra days and got it right instead of taking a risk and rushing into it just to please fans. We've waited this long, whats a couple of extra days or even weeks? Sony/Estate please take your time and do it right for MJ. It will be worth the wait! :)

Last edited:

But once again, is the album out before the end of the year?

Just a guess, Derek? Or do you know something?

Don't know anything more than you! Just going by with what Ele said. Generally, announcements don't take place on Friday or the weekend. If it's currently "on hold", I would expect this coming Tuesday or Wednesday to be the day of the announcement.

^ I second that, but you never know ANYTHING is possible in the world of MJ

Arent you all just satisfied with the fact that we know its coming and that its coming soon? When it comes it'll come.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the anticipation.

Digital release?? could MJtunes launch the first single?

This is a newsletter MJTunes:

"A new stage of HIStory,

MjTunes Presents – Unlock The Gates of Mysteries
Anybody here likes enigmas? If you do, then this one’s for you !
You need -- -e-- to -p-- the --o-. You ask why do you need to -p-- the --o- ?

Well, you better come next Sunday, October 30/31 (according to your time zone below) and see for yourself….
Unveil some of the mysteries at
http://www.mjtunes.com/mysteries/
Stay Tuned for more clues...

Time zones:
Los Angeles – Saturday, October 30, 4 PM (GMT-8)
Mexico City – Saturday, October 30, 6 PM (GMT-6)
New York, Montreal – Saturday, October 30, 7 PM (GMT-5)
Brasilia, Buenos Aires – Saturday, October 30, 9 PM (GMT-3)
London, Dublin – Sunday, October 31, 12 AM (GMT)
Paris, Berlin, Madrid – Sunday, October 31, 1 AM (GMT+1)
Melbourne, Sydney – Sunday, October 31, 10 AM (GMT+10)"

Last edited:

i doubt the campaign will be huge. We would of heard SOMETHING by now if it was going to be. To be honest im sick and tired of playing the waiting game. We should of have some sort of official news or update regarding the album weeks/months ago.

better get used to the waiting game. the album isnt the only thing with that sort of game.

Back