Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I hope Ele74 comes back to post an update soon. S/he must be aware we'll all be waiting. I dunno what time the meeting was, but if it hasn't finished already, the meeting should finish soon I guess (e.g. Milan and Rome are now approaching 5pm)

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I hope Ele74 comes back to post an update soon. S/he must be aware we'll all be waiting. I dunno what time the meeting was, but if it hasn't finished already, the meeting should finish soon I guess (e.g. Milan and Rome are now approaching 5pm)
It's only 8am in California you know.

^ The meeting could just be the same meeting that took place last week for Sony USA.

Yeah, and ONE of Michael's albums has sold more albums than any other artist ever will.

Back in the 1980s, I'm not here to debate the sales potential of this album. It obviously will be Number 1 worldwide. I was just adding to the debate of first week sales which is an area where Michael has never had astronomical success in the states. Worldwide figures are always going to be in the millions, but stateside where most people will be cynical when judging it's stellar but not what you expect from a megastar.

326,500 for Dangerous in 1991
391,000 for HIStory in 1995
363,000 for Invincible in 2001

Wheras Lil Wayne who is the most bootlegged artist of all time, whose album leaked a month before release and most songs had been released for free on mixtapes had his "Tha Carter 3" album debut with 1,005,545

One last note, Lady Gaga who is arguably the hottest artists right now had first week sales of 174000 for "The Fame Monster", just to show you how much Rap is dominating the scene right now.

Last edited:

Back in the 1980s, I'm not here to debate the sales potential of this album. It obviously will be Number 1 worldwide. I was just adding to the debate of first week sales which is an area where Michael has never had astronomical success in the states. Worldwide figures are always going to be in the millions, but stateside where most people will be cynical when judging it's stellar but not what you expect from a megastar.

326,500 for Dangerous in 1991
391,000 for HIStory in 1995
363,000 for Invincible in 2001

Wheras Lil Wayne who is the most bootlegged artist of all time, whose album leaked a month before release and most songs had been released for free on mixtapes had his "Tha Carter 3" album debut with 1,005,545

One last note, Lady Gaga who is arguably the hottest artists right now had first week sales of 174000 for "The Fame Monster", just to show you how much Rap is dominating the scene right now.

You forgot to give us sales details for his latest release. From 1,005,545 to what? Less about 250,000 TOTAL?

Please don't be coming on here comparing 'one-off flukes' from artists that aren't even in the same League as MJ. Lil' Wayne (the king of autotune) has had his '15 mins' (and most of it in the US only), along with a lot of other examples given on here, whilst MJ will be hitting the top of the charts for years to come.

Most MJ fans aren't obsessed with just the US, and look at worldwide sales when it comes to MJ's success. But then, unlike fans of other artists I could mention, that's because we can! ;-)

You forgot to give us sales details for his latest release. From 1,005,545 to what? Less about 250,000 TOTAL?

Please don't be coming on here comparing 'one-off flukes' from artists that aren't even in the same League as MJ. Lil' Wayne (the king of autotune) has had his '15 mins' (and most of it in the US only), along with a lot of other examples given on here, whilst MJ will be hitting the top of the charts for years to come.

Most MJ fans aren't obsessed with just the US, and look at worldwide sales when it comes to MJ's success. But then, unlike fans of other artists I could mention, that's because we can! ;-)

When did Lil Wayne become the King Of Autotune?

Rebirth sold 176,00 in it's first week, the album very little promotion and wasn't really a Rap album. My point is that Michael doesn't have strong first week sales, his albums have longevity and always end up as global bestsellers but in the US, where regardless of what you want to believe is really where it matters for public perception. The Grammys, the AMAs, etc are here stateside. No one makes a big fuss over the WMAs.

I too look at worldwide sales only, the point I was trying to make is stateside there's going to be stiff competition and judging from Michael's previous numbers he should land a solid 300k+ his first week at #1, unless there's a strong release from someone in the same week where it's going to be neck and neck.

Sorry I even brought up the discussion of sales as if they really matter, but for public perception as someone else said none of us want to see the headline "Michael Jackson Dethroned By ..."

I don't understand why you have to mock Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber. Both of them have talent or they wouldn't be getting the attention that they are. Michael Jackson started out as a young kid too, so give Bieber a chance before you throw him under a bus. I personally don't like their music nor do I care for Gaga's persona, but I appreciate and respect what they are doing for music. At least they can sing and perform on stage without autotune.

It seems many of you are scared that they will overtake Michael's throne and that he will be forgotten. You are worried that because of a few Keshas and autotuned "musicians" that it somehow has made all music of today miserable to listen to.

First off, Michael's throne will never be taken away. The man has talent that only he could achieve. Even the legendary greats worshipped him. Today, the artists of this generation hallow him. Second, embrace music everywhere. There is some great stuff out there, but it may not be playing on the radio.

Personally I think Auto-tune was created for Lazy @$$ people who dont wanna do REAl work. T-pain has a good voice but uses Auto-tune… why? I dont know. Real Singers(ARTISTS) use their own talent to attract audience.

I dont have anything against it, I mean ppl. can do what ever they want but to say this person or that person is the KING of Auto-tune, to me, is just silly.

So If the Estate and $ony have the meeting today, is it possible that we're gonna get news Today? or Tomorrow…or next week?

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Dont know if its old news but its almost confirmation that the album wont comes out next month.

Win tickets to the official Michael Jackson Launch Event!

Sony Music Entertainment in association with Australia Salutes Michael Jackson and Maximum Jackson are giving 30 lucky MJ fans the chance to win a Double Pass* to the official Michael Jackson Launch being held at Harbours Edge in Darling Harbour, Sydney!

The event, featuring some of Australia’s hottest talent including Justice Crew and Michael Paynter is being held on Wednesday 24th November as part of promotion for the brand new video game ‘Michael Jackson: The Experience’ which hits stores the following day. The new DVD box set ‘Michael Jackson’s VISION’ will also be part of the event celebrations.

The excitement doesn’t end there! Fans who attend the Michael Jackson Launch will have the exclusive privilege of being among the first people in the world to hear some of the brand new music set to feature on the new Michael Jackson album!

For your chance to win tickets to this once in a lifetime event all you have to do is email your Full Name, Address, Phone Number and Maximum Jackson Username to: competitions@mjtribute.com.au

If you’re not already a Maximum Jackson member, please click here and join now and obtain your username for FREE!

Competition closes on Friday 29 October at 5pm EDST. Results will be announced on Monday 1 November. Winners will be notified by email.

Event: Michael Jackson Launch
When: 7pm Wednesday 24th November, 2010
Where: Harbours Edge
Level 2 Harbourside 2-10 Darling Drive
Darling Harbour, Sydney

*Each Double Pass admits two (2) people to this event.

For more information please visit:
Maximum Jackson: www.maximum-jackson.com
Australia Salutes Michael Jackson: www.mjtribute.com.au

6.30pm right now. :D
hmm... just trying to find a way to say what I can not to say...

Ele74

It had singles on radio and it had major promo - it was on the same level as a new album. And it got outsold. Simple facts.

Thats not true at all, it was FAR from on the same level as a new album. The singles were just remixes of original songs from the album, and I can remember seeing a few adverts on TV but thats it. It MAY have been on the same level as a new album from a current artist, but in no way was it on the same level as a brand new Michael Jackson album would be.

The new album i'm sure will have a press conference to announce the album, and multiple never heard before singles released. The promotion for a album of new material will be much greater than Thriller 25.

There were people that werent even aware that Thriller 25 existed, and if they were they didnt pay much attention to it because they saw it as just a re-release of the original. Which is really what it was, with a few bonuses.

To say it was on the same level as a new album is ridiculous.

Calotte12;3032905 said:
Dont know if its old news but its almost confirmation that the album wont comes out next month.

Win tickets to the official Michael Jackson Launch Event!

Sony Music Entertainment in association with Australia Salutes Michael Jackson and Maximum Jackson are giving 30 lucky MJ fans the chance to win a Double Pass* to the official Michael Jackson Launch being held at Harbours Edge in Darling Harbour, Sydney!

The event, featuring some of Australia’s hottest talent including Justice Crew and Michael Paynter is being held on Wednesday 24th November as part of promotion for the brand new video game ‘Michael Jackson: The Experience’ which hits stores the following day. The new DVD box set ‘Michael Jackson’s VISION’ will also be part of the event celebrations.

The excitement doesn’t end there! Fans who attend the Michael Jackson Launch will have the exclusive privilege of being among the first people in the world to hear some of the brand new music set to feature on the new Michael Jackson album!

For your chance to win tickets to this once in a lifetime event all you have to do is email your Full Name, Address, Phone Number and Maximum Jackson Username to: competitions@mjtribute.com.au

If you’re not already a Maximum Jackson member, please click here and join now and obtain your username for FREE!

Competition closes on Friday 29 October at 5pm EDST. Results will be announced on Monday 1 November. Winners will be notified by email.

Event: Michael Jackson Launch
When: 7pm Wednesday 24th November, 2010
Where: Harbours Edge
Level 2 Harbourside 2-10 Darling Drive
Darling Harbour, Sydney

*Each Double Pass admits two (2) people to this event.

For more information please visit:
Maximum Jackson: www.maximum-jackson.com
Australia Salutes Michael Jackson: www.mjtribute.com.au

^^^^^^^^^cooool...........

but still no mention of the release of new album.........maybe the announcement will be at the event?????

Just write YES or NO, Ele :) BUT if it is something you shouldn't say I BET the album is on the way...

Ele74

No need to go into details. Just would like to know if there could be an announcement this week or next :)

Thanks!

Exactly... :)

Just write YES or NO, Ele :) BUT if it is something you shouldn't say I BET the album is on the way...

Yes is still on the way...

Ele74

Ele74

Do you accept bribes? :cheeky:

Perhaps we should devise some sort of code.... for example: if the album will be announced this week, reply with the word Invincible. If not, reply with Bubbles.

In all seriousness though.... we wanna know! ;)

No need to go into details. Just would like to know if there could be an announcement this week or next :)

Thanks!

:yes::yes::yes:

earthlyme;3032902 said:
Personally I think Auto-tune was created for Lazy @$$ people who dont wanna do REAl work. T-pain has a good voice but uses Auto-tune… why? I dont know. Real Singers(ARTISTS) use their own talent to attract audience.
rigth, artists have to use autotune carefull, because it messes up your complete voice and removes that what makes you special...

anyways no problem with using auto-tune for certain effects. Like Michael lowered the pitch of his voice in 2000 watts and added more bass, though he didn't use auto-tune, but still...

Yes is still on the way...

Ele74

What?? An announcement or album? Just tell us will album be released in november/december or next year.

Just tell us will album be released in november/december or next year.

99,99% this year.

Ele74

aganim;3032967 said:
rigth, artists have to use autotune carefull, because it messes up your complete voice and removes that what makes you special...

anyways no problem with using auto-tune for certain effects. Like Michael lowered the pitch of his voice in 2000 watts and added more bass, though he didn't use auto-tune, but still...

I don´t think his voice is pitched down...

Ugh... screw this, I'm going home...

Hello Ele! Did you know the name of the album?
No, not titled yet.

Ele74

There is still 1% it might not be out this year *biting his nails*... *scared*... *walking out of the thread*... :)

But how come... no title :O Ewwwwwwwwww....

Funny, ha? When they announce it for 2020 you won't have the physical strength to roll on the floor laughing as you'll be too old... ahhaha :)

Back