Michael - The Great Album Debate

I really couldn't care less about Taryll, Branca, Sony, Teddy Riley and The Jackson family. Before the album came out I was so angry at the Jacksons and I was defending Cascios and their songs. But when the album came out and when I heard first word of Breaking News I said that something is wrong. I trust only to my ears, I don't care who said what.

Paris Jackson clearly said on her twitter that Hollywood Tonight is not Michael and now this, that the whole album is not Michael, although we don't know if that's what she really said. In the future every album by Michael Jackson will be labeled as fake, even the songs we knew before Michael died like Hold My Hand..

This is how I felt too. I was so angry at the Jacksons for spreading the usual drama. Then I heard Breaking News and I just couldn't believe it. I recognised Jason straight away. I knew he wanted to do something with Michael but I never thought he'd resort to that. It got worse as I heard each song via the album and the leaks etc and then when the demos/premixes and all the tracks leaked in September I was so disgusted. I hate the fact that this happened but I can't ignore what I hear. Jason's accent, snorts, pronounciation, vibrato is all over these songs and when you add in all the other suspicious circumstances and lack of clarity it just makes it all the more obvious to me personally. I just want the best for Michael and his art that's all. Anyone just needs to listen to Fall In Love. I mean seriously? How could that possibly pass for Michael? Many interesting things have been said by various people including the family. Some right. Some wrong. But ultimately it's the songs themselves and the circumstances that surround them that are proof enough.

Last edited:
I think some replies on the last few pages shouldn't even be acknowledged. These people will disagree with everything and anything the Jackson family says.

Anyway, I don't think Paris' opinion should change anyones' minds. We can all agree that Hold My Hand and Hollywood Tonight are Michael. This should also show us that we shouldn't trust anyone's opinion, regardless of their relationship to Michael. If Michael's own daughter can be wrong then so can anyone.

No one could have changed my opinion about the Cascio tracks last year except ME. Listen carefully and trust yourself.

I think some replies on the last few pages shouldn't even be acknowledged. These people will disagree with everything and anything the Jackson family says.

Anyway, I don't think Paris' opinion should change anyones' minds. We can all agree that Hold My Hand and Hollywood Tonight are Michael. This should also show us that we shouldn't trust anyone's opinion, regardless of their relationship to Michael. If Michael's own daughter can be wrong then so can anyone.

No one could have changed my opinion about the Cascio tracks last year except ME. Listen carefully and trust yourself.

I've been meaning to ask you this for ages. You said months ago that you had a lot of thinking to do after all the leaks. So what are your final thoughts on the Cascio tracks? Don't worry I don't wanna debate lol. Just curious to see what conclusion you came to!

oh ok...thank you for posting that correction...:).....imo....l still think this article is full of shit...and they should leave the name Paris Jackson out of their articles...she is a child...regardless if Michael is her father...they are treating the opinion of a then 12 year old as though her words are golden...TMZ gets it wrong alot of the time so I am not listening to them about this subject.

I've been meaning to ask you this for ages. You said months ago that you had a lot of thinking to do after all the leaks. So what are your final thoughts on the Cascio tracks? Don't worry I don't wanna debate lol. Just curious to see what conclusion you came to!

I realized that I was wrong and everyone here had been trying to convince me of the truth but I couldn't see it. I'm still not 100% sure about if even a little bit of Michael is in any of the songs but I think that all Cascio songs are performed by Jason Malachi.

Sometimes I had to stop myself from saying "but KYHU sounds more like Michael than Mamacita" while arguing the song's authenticity. The fact that I had to say an MJ song "sounds more like Michael" told me all I needed to know. I wanted to believe that I had 3 new MJ songs and that Michael wasn't screwed over by one of his best friends, and that fact that I actually liked KYHU didn't make it any easier.

So I think that the Cascio tracks are not Michael Jackson; and I know that I won't be able to change anyones' opinion, just like you couldn't change mine.

I realized that I was wrong and everyone here had been trying to convince me of the truth but I couldn't see it. I'm still not 100% sure about if even a little bit of Michael is in any of the songs but I think that all Cascio songs are performed by Jason Malachi.

Sometimes I had to stop myself from saying "but KYHU sounds more like Michael than Mamacita" while arguing the song's authenticity. The fact that I had to say an MJ song "sounds more like Michael" told me all I needed to know. I wanted to believe that I had 3 new MJ songs and that Michael wasn't screwed over by one of his best friends, and that fact that I actually liked KYHU didn't make it any easier.

So I think that the Cascio tracks are not Michael Jackson; and I know that I won't be able to change anyones' opinion, just like you couldn't change mine.

See, I respect this....It was never a doubter's goal to 'change' someone's opinion....(maybe that's what some were doing, but I'm just speaking for myself)...I know it may have seemed like it, but I don't believe any of the doubters had that as their sole ambition when it came to this debate...It was more about bringing out some awareness of what we're really listening to, discovering and exploring other's opinions and views..etc.....If people hear what we hear, great, ..if not...well, that's fine too....It's all subjective...Although, I don't know how ANYONE could think Fall in Love is MJ after listening to it...I'm just being honest :ninja: My only goal and interest is finding out exactly what they do hear and why I don't hear the same thing! lol...Sadly, it's like pulling teeth though..

I think that all the doubters who used to be believers really stuck it out and firmly defended their stance on what they were hearing...When they changed their minds, it was hard for them to admit it, but they did....They were honest and now believe the songs aren't Michael...I don't believe anyone had to twist their arm or brainwash them....I don't believe it was because any of us believers shoved anything down their throats in order for them to hear what we heard...I don't know...sometimes it just takes a little more careful listening and suddenly it just comes to you...That won't work for everyone, of course...lol...

Last edited:
Sometimes I had to stop myself from saying "but KYHU sounds more like Michael than Mamacita" while arguing the song's authenticity.

I still can't/won't/never will understand how ANYONE could think Mamacita sounds anything like MJ/how Mamacita sounds anything like KYHU/Burn Tonight and how Mamacita is a "better" song than Burn Tonight.
It's not about one's taste anymore, but one's hate towards the tracks.

Also, Fall In Love sounds perfectly MJ to me.
I'd say Water might be a better comparison for everyone since that one actually is the closest one that sounds a little bit like JM.

Well then, =D

Oh and edit: I see most of the people are 100% sure Jason Cupeta is singing on these songs.
What happened with the other doubters who thought some other "imposter" sang on these tracks???

^^ I personally don't 'hate' any of the tracks...I just think they're poor, poor representations of 'Michael Jackson'....It was never about 'hate'....

oh ok...thank you for posting that correction...:).....imo....l still think this article is full of shit...and they should leave the name Paris Jackson out of their articles...she is a child...regardless if Michael is her father...they are treating the opinion of a then 12 year old as though her words are golden...TMZ gets it wrong alot of the time so I am not listening to them about this subject.

I think that the bigger problem is her twitter account. Michael would never ever allowed that.

I think that the bigger problem is her twitter account. Michael would never ever allowed that.
I think she wouldn't need to have twitter account, because her Dad always had time for his kids so they didn't have to spend it online. It's not the case now. Just my opinion.
It's tmz. I guess I'll just wait what the time will tell. Guess they're reading us here since they corrected the date. Maybe they'll also correct the title, cause honestly did any of us consider "Hold my hand" to be fake?

perhaps all you should chill for a while, let's take a break together

I'll close this thread until a moderator can look to it. (as you know I don't moderate this thread).

This thread and this forum has already been through the people who think the controversy exists just because of the Jacksons. It has already been through the people who want to insult people just because they have a different opinion. That is not what this thread is about. If you do not have anything else to add besides insults to other members, it may be best to leave the thread.

On a side note, if you see a member posting rude things, please do NOT reply to it. Just report it and let staff take care of it. Also, if there is a member whose posts you do nt want to read, please ignore them instead of responding how much you hate their posts.

Thanks guys!

This thread and this forum has already been through the people who think the controversy exists just because of the Jacksons. It has already been through the people who want to insult people just because they have a different opinion. That is not what this thread is about. If you do not have anything else to add besides insults to other members, it may be best to leave the thread.

On a side note, if you see a member posting rude things, please do NOT reply to it. Just report it and let staff take care of it. Also, if there is a member whose posts you do nt want to read, please ignore them instead of responding how much you hate their posts.

Thanks guys!

Thank you for sorting that out and removing the offensive posts. :)

Michael Jackson's Kid They FAKED My Dad's Voice on 'Michael' Album

Michael Jackson's daughter Paris made a bombshell announcement to friends ... telling them the MJ album released in the wake of the singer's death did NOT contain MJ's actual voice ... it was an imposter.

TMZ has learned ... the announcement was made during an online video chat with several friends in 2008 ... just before the "Michael" album was released, which contains several previously unreleased tracks allegedly performed by Michael Jackson.

The video chat was recorded ... and Paris joked about the footage eventually "leaking" to the Internet.

Paris had made the announcement in the midst of rumors that MJ's parts on the "Michael" album were REALLY performed by an MJ sound-alike named Jason Malachi ... but both Jason and Sony denied the allegations.

During the video chat, Paris played one of the songs from the album, "Hold My Hand" ... and one of her friends asks why the singer doesn't sound like MJ.

Paris replied, "It's NOT him ... the whole album isn't even him!! Go online ... go on YouTube and look up Jason Malachi. That's him!!"

She continues, "I should know if it's him or not because he would sing to me all the time."

TMZ has learned a recording of Paris' video message is being shopped to various media outlets ... and we're told "Offers are on the table."

www.tmz.com/2012/02/29/michael-jackson-paris-album-fake-voice-jason-malachi/#.T03zmvWd6So

Hmm, interesting...
Oh so it's not MJ on Hold My Hand too lol.

Paris said not MJ on Hollywood Tonight and now Hold My Hand what's next Billie Jean ?

^ It's not even sure if she really said HMH isn't MJ. Let's wait til' we hear that video recording, ok?

However, I wanna know one thing. If Paris thinks HOLD MY HAND is fake too, then why did she use that song to one of her youtube videos? Paris made a video and posted on her twitter (before she got verified and when her username were pariisjaxn).

"@pariisjaxn here! I made this video and i'm borrowing my friend's account in order to post it.. This is NOT my account. I hope you guys like it and decide to stand up for what you believe in. Just speak out! Someone will hear you. Let's make a difference and heal the world! ?"

This is the video...

[youtube]_Nahi0ZI8ag[/youtube]
She also used Breaking News on her movie trailer and Behind The Mask.

I feel she is being told to say these things by people that love $$$ and if they don't get it they will bring MJ down I wonder who am I speaking about ?

Oh so it's not MJ on Hold My Hand too lol.

Paris said not MJ on Hollywood Tonight and now Hold My Hand what's next Billie Jean ?

I was on YouTube watching THRILLER. One of the comments was "you know it's not him?"
Shame on TMZ (and her family?) for dragging this child into this mess. I admit I was sad when I saw her her remark on twitter a while back that HT wasn't Michael. I know there are people in this very thread that could provide solid evidence that it is MJ. Where is Birchey BTW?

Again, I just find the whole thing so upsetting because some unimformed people will use this as reason to cast doubt on a lot of things Michael did. Not because they truly believe it isn't Michael (they don't care) but just so they can be mean.

It is clear to me the family is trying to stick it to the estate by using Paris. Obviously, they have drilled their lies into her gullible head.

I hope fans stay away from this mess. And not go on attacking Paris. She is a victim...just like Michael. Just like the estate.

I'd put my money on Latoya.

ETA:

Also, It might be best for the estate to not release anymore albums until the older two are grown and are able to get involved . Forget Bad re-release.

Album sales aren't what they used to be...the estate will make more money from the Cirque Show and the video games then from any album release. Put these releases on hold until the kids are 18 and able to make up their own mind. For now they are being used against their father, and their own financial future.
If I'm right Michael Jackson's kids won't control the estate until their like 30 I read somewhere that John Branca said it was on MJ's will that he and John McClain control the estate until the kids are 30 IDK if it's true I'll try to find it.

And trust me the estate is not gonna put nothing on hold right now is the time to release things beter than later on.

I was on YouTube watching THRILLER. One of the comments was "you know it's not him?"
Shame on TMZ (and her family?) for dragging this child into this mess. I admit I was sad when I saw her her remark on twitter a while back that HT wasn't Michael. I know there are people in this very thread that could provide solid evidence that it is MJ. Where is Birchey BTW?

Again, I just find the whole thing so upsetting because some unimformed people will use this as reason to cast doubt on a lot of things Michael did. Not because they truly believe it isn't Michael (they don't care) but just so they can be mean.
It made it to the news

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ice-article-1.1030559?localLinksEnabled=false

Sorry for the double post.

I personally hope MJ's kids never control the estate because John Branca & John McClain know what their doing and they are making great projects that benefit the estate and someday the kids.

I just seen Fox 5 mock Paris Jackson :( saying that if she thinks Michael Jackson doesn't sing on that album then Michael never made Thriller it was Jason's father.

Last edited:
Again, I just find the whole thing so upsetting because some unimformed people will use this as reason to cast doubt on a lot of things Michael did.

Thank you. I agree. Personally, it really bugs me that we may never get to the truth about this whole thing whether the songs are of him or not. Now this has gotten out of hand and we even hear people questioning songs that everybody knows Michael sang. This is a real shame. It just feel like now everything Michael worked so hard to achieve in his lifetime has been destroyed. And it's not fair. This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
oh shit,,,was just watching my local news and they showed a TMZ commerical and they showed Harvey saying...Some one says that is not Michael Jackson's voice on that cd...here we go...public BS of a child...

that's the most unfortunate part of this. I had written that before that some people know that there's an authenticity debate and then they listen and think actually legit songs like HT is fake. Not everyone knows which songs are the questionable ones. I was sad when Paris said HT wasn't Michael - because she had "followers" that would take her word. If what is reported is true and if she said HMH and whole album that would create a lot more confusion in not die hard fans and everything could be tainted with real or fake confusion.

Michael Jackson's daughter Paris made a bombshell announcement to friends ... telling them the MJ album released in the wake of the singer's death did NOT contain MJ's actual voice ... it was an imposter.

TMZ has learned ... the announcement was made during an online video chat with several friends in 2008 ... just before the "Michael" album was released, which contains several previously unreleased tracks allegedly performed by Michael Jackson.

The video chat was recorded ... and Paris joked about the footage eventually "leaking" to the Internet.

Is it common to record a video chat you have with friends? I get if you wanna record a video you make of yourself singing or dancing or whatever, but to actual record a conversation between friends ?

All leaked videos of Paris and the kids so far have been of them goofing around at home or in the car, or their homemade movies..

that's the most unfortunate part of this. I had written that before that some people know that there's an authenticity debate and then they listen and think actually legit songs like HT is fake. Not everyone knows which songs are the questionable ones. I was sad when Paris said HT wasn't Michael - because she had "followers" that would take her word. If what is reported is true and if she said HMH and whole album that would create a lot more confusion in not die hard fans and everything could be tainted with real or fake confusion.
I agree. I think all of us here can agree that it is a shame that songs that we all know to be genuine MJ songs, about which there is no dispute whatsoever among us fans, are now potentially being tarred with this brush. We severely disagree about the Cascio tracks here, but I think we all feel horrified by the idea that random people would think Best of Joy was a Jason Malachi record. :)

I think when the stories about Paris saying Hollywood Tonight was fake first made the rounds it was not much of a problem, because it was only posted on fan boards and perhaps only a very small minority of us actually agreed with her. The general public, many of whom might not know the cd, might be less inclined to doubt her claims.

The only thing I can hope for coming out of this, is that it in one way or another leads to a more thorough examination of this album, settling this debate once and for all. I know that is extreme wishful thinking though...

oh shit,,,was just watching my local news and they showed a TMZ commerical and they showed Harvey saying...Some one says that is not Michael Jackson's voice on that cd...here we go...public BS of a child...
Oh shit? This is GOOD news.

Sorry I never got caught up in the controversy of this album..I have my own thoughts. however...I am more concerned about Paris being dragged into this BS. Maybe it is the mother in me coming out..there is no one there to protect her from crap like this...:(

Exactly. Personally, I think that fans concerns should have either been addressed more thoroughly about this album a long time ago or the controversial songs should have been removed and replaced with acceptable songs before the album was released. The debate started a month before the album came out and it's still going on to this day. And now, even songs we know to be Michael singing are being called fake. I respect Michael's Estate for dealing with numerous issues and I support alot of their decisions. But speaking for myself, I believe that this was a disaster that could have been avoided and it should have been avoided.

Last edited:
I would agree with you if it would advance the issue and leads to it being settled - I would like nothing more than that.

But that just seems very unlikely to me. To be honest I just expect the issue to die down. If the Estate responds at all, the only that I can imagine them saying is that the article is inaccurate and that the tracks are all real - basically repeat what they said in their infamous statement. So what we end up with then is no significant changes at all with regards to the Cascio debacle and more members of the general public doubting genuine MJ songs (particularly since Hold My Hand is the one explicitly mentioned).

I hope I'm just being pessimistic...

Back