Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Ummm you are a bad accountant, what about the copyrights and broadcasts and all the publicity?

no those are official figures, i wasn't trying to be an accountant, i was trying to make a point, and once again you attack me, i will tell you again to stop attacking me

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Yeah, never once had a doubt about 2000 Watts. Plus, pitch it up as high or as low as you want, stretch it, skew it, chop it, Teddify it and it'll still sound like Michael Jackson I betcha by golly!

:punk: :punk: :punk:

I love 2000 Watts... Never ever have a single doubt... Just amazed by how low he could go.

This Is It grossed at least 20 million worldwide.

Yeah, it sold about 3 million, which is pretty good, Michael is hovering on 1.9 million and has grossed about 12 million, it should be interesting to see what they will do next...

no those are official figures, i wasn't trying to be an accountant, i was trying to make a point, and once again you attack me, i will tell you again to stop attacking me

he didn't attack you. he raised points that you may have missed.

:punk: :punk: :punk:

I love 2000 Watts... Never ever have a single doubt... Just amazed by how low he could go.

How could anyone doubt 2000 Watts? I didn't even really enjoy the song at first and didn't give it much thought, but it never crossed my mind that he didn't sing it....

I love the lyrics :naughty: naughty Michael :D

She RECORDED IT, people in the court room heard it, even the Jury stated she picked the right man! THEY WERE WRONG, there was ONE person who happened to be a singer in the Jury stated it was IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL!, Bumper don't goto extremes, thats just plain stupid, all i'm saying is that when similar voices are compared, the human brain can almost never distinguish it, especially when you are convinced from the get go

You're saying Bumper attacked you? What about the bolded?

Ivy, I know you're not involved with the vocal controversy now but you know your legal stuff so I was hoping you could shed some light for me? (I'm only directing this at Ivy because of her legal knowledge, if anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it ;))

Would the comparisons not pass under fair use? I know there is no set length to abide by but surely the comparisons aren't using enough material to be pulled on a copyright claim? My first thought was that maybe fair use dictates that the clips can't be used if the intent is to make them look bad but what I found says they can be used for criticism.

Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship.

Maybe this was already addressed but if it was, I didn't see it.

Arklove, I'm glad you're back! :huggy:

I'm not talking about handwritten notes of proof that he wrote it....just notes in particular that showed he had any involvement whatsoever.....I don't need notes to prove anything...I have ears....All I'm saying is that they were eager to produce notes on songs that are obviously sung by him....Yet, the songs that are questioned, they can't provide any type of proof of involvement...NOTHING.....

Using RTT as a comparison is null because it's a genuine MJ song and obviously sung by him....

Just because he sung it doesnt mean he wrote it, HN was sung by him, but was written by ToTo, as i said the Estate wouldn't have the notes because he did not register the songs and the material to them like he did with BoJ and HT, to me this is all just common sense

How could anyone doubt 2000 Watts? I didn't even really enjoy the song at first and didn't give it much thought, but it never crossed my mind that he didn't sing it....

I love the lyrics :naughty: naughty Michael :D

With lyrics like those, Michael had every reason to sing with his deeper voice... :naughty:

Sorry, you are an excellent accountant. You just omitted to include in your argument that SONY made a deal on the long run and not one shot sales. Who gets the money when a MJ song is played on the radio (worldwide)?

Just because he sung it doesnt mean he wrote it, HN was sung by him, but was written by ToTo, as i said the Estate wouldn't have the notes because he did not register the songs and the material to them like he did with BoJ and HT, to me this is all just common sense

Please don't side-track to songs we know are 100% Michael Jackson's. Where are the notes you claimed Michael clearly made on the Cascio tracks?

Sorry, you are an excellent accountant. You just omitted to include in your argument that SONY made a deal on the long run and not one shot sales. Who gets the money when a MJ song is played on the radio (worldwide)?

Yes they made a deal with the ESTATE, im saying that the undisclosed amount for the Cascio tracks was a gamble and they would have made sure they were backed up

Larry, what parts do you hear Michael on these songs? Do you hear him 100% anywhere? Point them out.

I attacked what bumper said directly, i said that it was stupid to compare barry white and celine dion, unless of course your saying it's not.

As stupid as claiming that BN, KYHU and Monster are sung by MJ.

Please don't side-track to songs we know are 100% Michael Jackson's. Where are the notes you claimed Michael clearly made on the Cascio tracks?

Im not side tracking, LISTEN, im SAYING that we dont have the notes because the estate doesn't have them, right, and theoretically it IS possible (however unlikely) that Michael did not write RTT, we have no proof that he wrote it, but we are just going to take the word of Sony right?

Im not side tracking, LISTEN, im SAYING that we dont have the notes because the estate doesn't have them, right, and theoretically it IS possible (however unlikely) that Michael did not write RTT, we have no proof that he wrote it, but we are just going to take the word of Sony right?

LISTEN, I asked where are the notes you claimed Michael clearly made of the Cascio tracks?

Larry, what parts do you hear Michael on these songs? Do you hear him 100% anywhere? Point them out.

One thing about me, with all the psychology and biology i have studied, i can't say 100% that i can hear Michael on any track, im going with my logic, what is known about the origin of the songs, the acapella, the waveform analysis, things that cant be refuted, there is no point on basing beliefs an opinions on things that are refutable to begin with, hence i believe in God but i don't believe that the Bible is true

One thing about me, with all the psychology and biology i have studied, i can't say 100% that i can hear Michael on any track, im going with my logic, what is known about the origin of the songs, the acapella, the waveform analysis, things that cant be refuted, there is no point on basing beliefs an opinions on things that are refutable to begin with, hence i believe in God but i don't believe that the Bible is true

If you base your arguments on biology and psychology to recognize a voice, I then base my arguments on studying and teaching languages. You need good ears to reproduce intonations and accents. My ears don't hear Michael's voice on those tracks.

So, you're going by logic instead of what your ears hear? Is that how you like to listen to music? I'm not attacking you, I'm curious...

You're also basing your conclusions on things you've never seen....the analysis etc.....you're basing your conclusions on what others tell you.....Sony must love you!

oooooh....2000 Watts just started on my iPod :naughty:

So, you're going by logic instead of what your ears hear? Is that how you like to listen to music? I'm not attacking you, I'm curious...

You're also basing your conclusions on things you've never seen....the analysis etc.....you're basing your conclusions on what others tell you.....Sony must love you!

No... i listen to music because it calms me down, im autistic so i need it, but i am basing my beliefs on 1. The analysis I performed with Melodyne, 2. There are at least 5 witnesses to Michael recording the songs, 3. The affirmation that Sony as a business would have a secure backing in case things went raw with the tracks and 4. I know that hearing a difference doesn't mean that it's a different person, for example me and 2000 Watts

No... i listen to music because it calms me down, im autistic so i need it, but i am basing my beliefs on 1. The analysis I performed with Melodyne, 2. There are at least 5 witnesses to Michael recording the songs, 3. The affirmation that Sony as a business would have a secure backing in case things went raw with the tracks and 4. I know that hearing a difference doesn't mean that it's a different person, for example me and 2000 Watts

5. No single tangible trace except claims.

^^ Who are the 5 witnesses ?

WHERE? In the valut?

Your logical, tell me where it is, think about where it isn't, and then where it could be and pick the most logical, which is what i thought people did, i am not the answer to everything, sometimes you need to do a little work too

Back