Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

My friend powernoize was also banned today, but now unbanned. He's ban was a mistake, and I'm hoping Arklove's ban is one too.

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Ivy, please know that I'm not trying to attack or blame you in any way, but if no-one knows why she was banned, then that leaves two "obvious" explanations:

1) It was a technical glitch, therefore unbanning her shouldn't be a big deal.
2) Someone higher than you (i.e. Gaz) had banned her and has not divulged the reason why to the staff.

I personally want to say that it's the technical glitch, because - as many people here have said - there's been no good reason for her banning. I can appreciate that there is a lot of high maintenance going on to try and keep this place from being closed, and I don't blame you (meaning the staff) for banning those that can compromise that.

EDIT: I just read you edit, Ivy. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I told you it's torturing for her. This is like separating her from the MJ circle. After Michael's passing, we find our escapism here. We find comfort talking to each other.

Don't underestimate the bond we have built here. We have become close friends after months and months of discussions. If we cannot continue our discussions on this platform, we'll switch to another or build our own. We cannot let one of our own be dismissed in such disrespectul way.

Let me repeat

- We don't know why Arklove was banned. I still think it was an unrelated technical glitch. It's still being looked into when we have an answer we'll let you know.

there's a totally separate and an important development going on at the moment that threatens all of us and I think Gaz is busy with that.

All these attacks and blaming us isn't helping a bit.

Gaz has to look into it and you need to wait him to find the time.

No one is attacking you Ivy. We need to know minimum what is going on.

This is a subforum and normally you can't access if you are not a member. So, Arklove's ban seems simply illogical as she mostly posts here about the controversy. If the reasons are unknown then she should be unbanned untill the reasons are known. And if she did anything wrong she should at least get an explanation of her ban, which she hadn't received. It surely isn't difficult to unban her.

I told you it's torturing for her. This is like separating her from the MJ circle. After Michael's passing, we find our escapism here. We find comfort talking to each other.

Don't underestimate the bond we have built here. We have become close friends after months and months of discussions. If we cannot continue our discussions on this platform, we'll switch to another or build our own. We cannot let one of our own be dismissed in such disrespectul way.

Quoted for the f****** truth.

Different staff has different authorization levels to do several actions. So "unbanning" requires a certain limited number of staff to look into it, not all staff can do it. If the ban was done by a staff member then revising it is Gaz's call. If it's a technical thing it will also require Gaz to find a counter solution to the glitch. As I said before multiple staff members are aware of the situation , multiple staff members (at least me) talked with Gaz or amongst us. He said he'll look into it and we are waiting. Like I said there are other stuff going on which is most probably keeping him busy.

My friend powernoize was also banned today, but now unbanned. He's ban was a mistake, and I'm hoping Arklove's ban is one too.

I'm hopping the same. I think we need to have a little patience over this.

OK, thank you Ivy for telling us. Do you mind if I relay the information to Arklove?

No one here wants to cause troubles to MJJC. However, we can't be treated like criminals here. We behave just like every other fans in the world. We love Michael. We enjoy talking to each other. We can't help but to download his unreleased materials when we come across them. But, you know what, we are the one who keep buying the official releases even we owned them for years.

We are the loyal fans who keep supporting Michael in every possible way. And, now Sony is being so hard on us and treat us like criminals. I'm upset we're being perceived in such negative way.

We don't come here to break the laws.

Different staff has different authorization levels to do several actions. So "unbanning" requires a certain limited number of staff to look into it, not all staff can do it. If the ban was done by a staff member then revising it is Gaz's call. If it's a technical thing it will also require Gaz to find a counter solution to the glitch. As I said before multiple staff members are aware of the situation , multiple staff members (at least me) talked with Gaz or amongst us. He said he'll look into it and we are waiting. Like I said there are other stuff going on which is most probably keeping him busy.

I just hope it is nothing like "automatic Cascio defender mechanism" that has been built and used in this forum. They've already done much harm.

OK, thank you Ivy for telling us. Do you mind if I relay the information to Arklove?

sure

I just hope it is nothing like "automatic Cascio defender mechanism" that has been built and used in this forum. They've already done much harm.

what?

You've been talking about a mechanism. I don't see any reason why any kind of mechanism should be triggered in Arklove's case. So, I am being a bit sarcastic, as she didn't say anything negative except against the Cascios.

^^
LOL when love is magical said she was "IP Banned" I was thinking if her IP matched Asedora's IP range (who we IP banned and in Canada). So that's what I was saying as a possible technical glitch.

Ok we are doing our best to try and help but the taunting is just making it harder
so please calm down and allow us to help and do our job _ It will be much appreciated.
Threatening and complaining and taunting is not going to help us to help you. Please
have some patience and recognise we are trying to help.

Thank you :)

Ok we are doing our best to try and help but the taunting is just making it harder
so please calm down and allow us to help and do our job _ It will be much appreciated.
Threatening and complaining and taunting is not going to help us to help you. Please
have some patience and recognise we are trying to help.

Thank you :)

Nobody's taunting. We're just worried about Arklove.

Over and out. Will be back when Arklove gets unbanned.

Last edited:

So has anybody done anything against Sony yet?

I have removed myself completely from this argument for months, and today it dawned upon me again that Sony can release Michael Jackson songs - sung by someone else and pretty much get away without any problems!

Will this madness ever end?

the fact that the "powers that be" are more concerned with deleting evidence threads and keeping 10 second Jason Malachi snippets from the web than they are with upholding michael jackson's legacy and RESPECTING US makes me sick

don't worry, it's for your own protection-- i wonder who ELSE will be banned for our own protection? sigh. alanna is clearly one of the most beloved members of mjjc, i can't wait for her (senseless) ban to be lifted. until then, i think it would be nice if the people in charge stopped treating us like the bad guys when we are, in fact, the ones fight for truth.

No one here wants to cause troubles to MJJC. However, we can't be treated like criminals here. We behave just like every other fans in the world. We love Michael. We enjoy talking to each other. We can't help but to download his unreleased materials when we come across them. But, you know what, we are the one who keep buying the official releases even we owned them for years.

We are the loyal fans who keep supporting Michael in every possible way. And, now Sony is being so hard on us and treat us like criminals. I'm upset we're being perceived in such negative way.

We don't come here to break the laws.

So damn right!!!

the fact that the "powers that be" are more concerned with deleting evidence threads and keeping 10 second Jason Malachi snippets from the web than they are with upholding michael jackson's legacy and RESPECTING US makes me sick

don't worry, it's for your own protection-- i wonder who ELSE will be banned for our own protection? sigh. alanna is clearly one of the most beloved members of mjjc, i can't wait for her (senseless) ban to be lifted. until then, i think it would be nice if the people in charge stopped treating us like the bad guys when we are, in fact, the ones fight for truth.

What people in charge are you refering to? Also, who is treating you like the bad guy? You automatically assume everything has to do with this thread. Have you forgotten that there are members of staff here who agree with you and are also upset about the Cascio tracks. Everything is not a personal affront to the people of this thread.

What people in charge are you refering to? Also, who is treating you like the bad guy? You automatically assume everything has to do with this thread. Have you forgotten that there are members of staff here who agree with you and are also upset about the Cascio tracks. Everything is not a personal affront to the people of this thread.
I don't think she meant members of staff. ;)

until then, i think it would be nice if the people in charge stopped treating us like the bad guys when we are, in fact, the ones fight for truth.
We are the ones who fight for truth and this makes us being the bad guys for them...

Is it possible it is a computer glitch and more people have been banned by accident but they haven't logged on to notice or their friends aren't aware yet?
This has happened to me on my work computer.
Is Sony stalking all MJ boards or just this one?

I'll quote this for the truth. And I'll add this unfortunately you are in this defense mechanism that makes you assume that anything and everything is due to your opinion about this subject. I told multiple times it's not and you don't have to take my word for it, you can believe other moderators that think the same way as you. Furthermore this continuous blame against staff / mjjc / gaz isn't helping a bit either when especially somethings are out of our control.

We are the ones who fight for truth and this makes us being the bad guys for them...

I'll be as clear as possible. I don't think no one is seeing you as the bad guys for your fight for truth. Why? We didn't receive any deletion / ban requests because your posts was against Sony, We didn't receive any deletion/ ban requests due to your comparison videos , your signatures, your campaigns. We received requests about leaks of unreleased songs that was obtained questionably.

So in short you can hate sony, you can hate the album, you can voice your opinions, you can voice your truth, you can point out inconsistencies (in the form of messages or audio samples) but what they say is you cannot leak or post links to unreleased song snippets.

and sometimes honestly I believe you get overly dramatic. Sony simply said stop piracy. They didn't say anything about your opinions about the vocals. But yet you act overly dramatic and somehow equal their actions against piracy as an action against you all and everything all.

Thanks for the post, ivy. I see what you're saying but obviously they're targeting the comparison videos, too, as they contain samples of copyrighted material and they probably aren't very pleased that a couple of the comparison videos were All I Need and Stay, unreleased songs?

I was very surprised to see that Slave To The Rhythm was allowed here as a download so long, as well as the TAK version of Michael was shared for about half a year on this website. Why didn't Sony ever care about that, or were they not here just months ago? Does anyone know the answer to that?

Edit: Just read your post in the other thread, ginvid:

From my understanding this has to do with the files that were stolen directly from Sony that they are upset about. The things that have been in 2000 Watts up til now I believe are safe. Birchey (wonderfully up til now ) and now joined by Cartman have been keeping tabs on that area. It has a stance on the board not to post any material that has already been released. 2000 Watts was a place to go to see fan remixes, and rare unreleased stuff. As far as I know this is still able to be viewed.
Interesting!

In this instance the actions they are seeking are far more serious than copyright infringement claims against / removal of comparison videos.

Hey everyone...Thanks for all your support, it's really appreciated...You are all amazing friends, I'm glad to be back...I was likely going through withdrawals already...:bugeyed :lol:

Thanks to Ivy and ginvid for all your explanations and help...Appreciated ;)

Now, why the eff can I only sign in at work and not at home? I'm getting the same Forbidden message at home and on my phone...I'm assuming it's an IP address issue?

EDIT: I'm able to sign in on my phone at work, as it's likely hopping onto the IP address here, I'm assuming...Don't mind me, I'm rambling about computer things I don't know anything about lol

hey girl..welcome back...:hi:....its great to see ya..:hug:

Yayyy Alanna is back! :hug: :flowers:

Hey, Ark. :)

Back