Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

No my player is DVD, not BluRay, it can make upscale. So I can watch without loosing quality. This is the best method for Full HD TV and DVD player. If you use old style DVD players, that's time to change them. Buy new DVD player which can make upscale (means has HDMI port).

No my player is DVD, not BluRay, it can make upscale. So I can watch without loosing quality. This is the best method for Full HD TV and DVD player. If you use old style DVD players, that's time to change them. Buy new DVD player which can make upscale (means has HDMI port).

I have a ps3, will it automatically upscale?

I think PS3 has upscale :) If you connect with HDMI, check settings for upscale. You have to set 1080p (if tv is Full HD) or 720p if tv is HD Ready.

@samhabil
Just watch the video I posted and you'll get what i mean.

And thats the film reel send to the cinemas. not the print (original reel) from the camera.

Yeah you see... this is the issue you're having. If you had any knowledge about Michael Jackson's career you'd know that the Thriller 'short-film' was first shown as it was intended... in a cinema... so that it could qualify for the Academy Awards. You see... MICHAEL'S VISION.

So stop apologising for Sony and their bogus products and accept the facts. THIS IS NOT Michael Jackson's 'vision'. He thought 'films'. Not 'videos'.

So when you're ready I'll accept that apology

Yeah you see... this is the issue you're having. If you had any knowledge about Michael Jackson's career you'd know that the Thriller 'short-film' was first shown as it was intended... in a cinema... so that it could qualify for the Academy Awards. You see... MICHAEL'S VISION.

So stop apologising for Sony and their bogus products and accept the facts. THIS IS NOT Michael Jackson's 'vision'. He thought 'films'. Not 'videos'.

So when you're ready I'll accept that apology
Keep dreaming. There's is nothing i should apology for. And i don't excuse the product Sony has made.

Just a tip. Ghosts was shown in cinemas too (1.85:1). but is full screen (4:3) shown in tv-stations and vhs and dvd.
Just because it's shot on film, shown in cinama, doesn't meat its shot in native wide screen resolution.
Got it?
I gave you enough information whats going on. You just ignore it and keep stubborn.
Have a nice night. And keep whine about nothing.

I think there is no setting for NTSC/PAL when you use HDMI connection. On my DVD player, it's disable; because I used HDMI conneciton. But if I use scart conneciton, NTSC/PAL will be enabled and I have to set ( or I can set Multi format : so it can choose auto.)

So with HDMI connection, there is no choice for NTSC / PAL (but region code is different, it's not about NTSC/PAL) If DVD region code is 0, so all DVD players can play. And Sony said me (with e-mail) DVD encoded in NTSC and Region 0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Last edited:
Keep dreaming. There's is nothing i should apology for. And i don't excuse the product Sony has made.

Just a tip. Ghosts was shown in cinemas too (1.85:1). but is full screen (4:3) shown in tv-stations and vhs and dvd.
Just because it's shot on film, shown in cinama, doesn't meat its shot in native wide screen resolution.
Got it?
I gave you enough information whats going on. You just ignore it and keep stubborn.
Have a nice night. And keep whine about nothing.

Just because it's shot on film, by a film director, for the purpose of being shown in a cinema, with Dolby sound, for a performer who 'hated' the word 'video' and referred to his art as 'short films', and there's a film-reel with '1:85' and 'Dolby' written all over it....

Or maybe you're right! Hahaha... Shame on you. That's all I can say. For being party to this bogus release. This isn't Michael's 'vision' at all. He made 'short films'. Not 'videos'.

But you know better right?

And my new target is this player; it can play everything (BluRay disc, DVD, MKV, Divx, etc. USB/HDD)

1256299373_dune_bd_prime_30_front_left.jpg

http://dune-hd.com/hd_players/111-dune-bd-prime-3.0.html

If you're thinking to buy new DVD player, go for BluRay player(s)

Yeah.

DVD-players are cheap - but why not buy Blu-Ray player ? It's not that much more expensieve.

that stupid film reel your showing me it's for the cinemas. it's not what was in the camera. the audio was converted to dolby Stereo for the cinemas that used dolby sound.
the "short film" was edited in the post production, then copied on that reel and given to cinemas.

You argue about thing that you totaly misinterpret.
Dolby sound was for the cinemas at the time. Dolby on dvd is compresed, like mp3.
you have here uncompressed audio. like it was recorded in the studio.

Thats how the movie is filmed. This is exactly what is on the original film reel. (see pic). then in the post production the director decide is it going to be 1.85 or 2:35(yellow line) ratio or 1.33=4:3 (red lines). You are more then ignorant. Read the links i gave you.

800px-Open_matte_film_illustration.jpg

lom kit;3098982 said:
that stupid film reel your showing me it's for the cinemas. it's not what was in the camera. the audio was converted to dolby Stereo for the cinemas that used dolby sound.
the "short film" was edited in the post production, then copied on that reel and given to cinemas.

Dolby sound was for the cinemas at the time. Dolby on dvd is compresed, like mp3.

Thats how the movie is filmed. This is exactly what is on the original film reel. (see pic). then in the post production the director decide is it going to be 1.85 or 2:35(yellow line) ratio or 1.33=4:3 (red lines). You are more then ignorant. Read the links i gave you.

Complete and utter nonsense. In fact this is all a provable lie.

So the film in the cameras wasn't film intended for the cinema? Is that what you're claiming? Right... here you are:

"Thriller’s 14-minute dance extravaganza, featuring Jackson metamorphosing into a ghoul, was shot by Paynter on 35mm film."

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/views/obituaries/2010/10/26/robert-paynter-cinematographer-for-michael-jackson-s-thriller-video-dies-aged-82-92534-27542006/

Got it? 35mm film. You know what that is don't you? Not only is it the death of your argument it's also proof, just in case anyone was being fooled by your nonsense, that the 'Thriller' film was INDEED a FILM!

What do we know about 35mm film? "The ubiquity of 35 mm movie projectors in commercial movie theaters makes it the only motion picture format, film or video, that can be played in almost any cinema in the world."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35_mm_film

So... AS I SAID... Michael Jackson's 'Vision' was for his 'short films' to be just that... 'FILMS'! And the fact that you've come on here and tried to claim that he was wrong and that 'Thriller' was shot for TV is absolutely disgraceful.

What are you going to say about the 35mm issue? Like I said... I await your apology...

samhabib;3099007 said:
Complete and utter nonsense. In fact this is all a provable lie.

So the film in the cameras wasn't film intended for the cinema? Is that what you're claiming? Right... here you are:

"Thriller’s 14-minute dance extravaganza, featuring Jackson metamorphosing into a ghoul, was shot by Paynter on 35mm film."

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...s-thriller-video-dies-aged-82-92534-27542006/

Got it? 35mm film. You know what that is don't you? Not only is it the death of your argument it's also proof, just in case anyone was being fooled by your nonsense, that the 'Thriller' film was INDEED a FILM!

What do we know about 35mm film? "The ubiquity of 35 mm movie projectors in commercial movie theaters makes it the only motion picture format, film or video, that can be played in almost any cinema in the world."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35_mm_film

So... AS I SAID... Michael Jackson's 'Vision' was for his 'short films' to be just that... 'FILMS'! And the fact that you've come on here and tried to claim that he was wrong and that 'Thriller' was shot for TV is absolutely disgraceful.

What are you going to say about the 35mm issue? Like I said... I await your apology...

Can you not be so rude? You've made your point with backed up points, enough with the digs and rudeness. We won't have it here.

I speak the way I'm spoken to. In an earlier post he told me to 'shut the f*ck up'. Completely unprovoked. So I think you'll find it's he who should be warned. Look at the post from him that I quoted "that stupid film reel your showing me..." etc.

Dude you right, anything possible from 35mm print (1:33 to 2:39) a fram represents an equal 5 to 6 mp

I used to work as a projectionist in a movie theater a few years ago.
Many times films would have the entire 1.33:1 native image-full frame on the actual film, and then at the theater we would frame the film in it's intended aspect ratio (1.85:1, 1.78:1, 1.66.1 etc) on the projector according to the instructions that came with the film.

You can also project it 1.33:1 open matte, and then you can see all kinds of funny things at the top and bottom of the frame which the film makers had no intention of you seeing, like boom mikes etc.

Then, other films will be "Hard matted" into their desired aspect ratio (1.85:1, 1.78:1, 1.66.1 etc) with black bars on the top and bottom of the film frame, so they should only be shown in that aspect ratio.

The point is. I don't know how MJ and Landis framed "Thriller" and I never saw it in theaters.
But, if the film reels said 1.85:1, that just tells the projectionist how to frame the film on the projector correctly, it's quite possible that the entire 1.33:1 image was on the film itself (which is what we got on TV, DVD, etc)

And since "Thriller" was made with TV and home video in mind in addition to theaters, it was most likely framed with 1.33:1 in mind, and then just matted down to 1.85:1 for theaters.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's Vision DVD - 2010 (My Review)
For starters, I'm a big fan of good screening, 50's/60's 35mm movies, HD tranferring, etc.. I watched the whole 3 dvds and got it compared to Number Ones, Dangerous The Short Films, History I & II, and Thriller 25 DVD - This is my own opinion
My ratings : VHS quality (Youtube if you will), DVD quality or HD like quality (look like feeling)
"Vision" played and BluRay player with upscaling process to HD LCD homescreen
?
- DVD Menu : Great, if not static it looks like Bluray menus but not smooth enough but good feeling really.
- DVD Cover and Booklet : fantastic, really great

?
- Don't Stop 'til you get enough : colourfull, too much - VHS quality - sound good
- Rock With You : colour good - DVD like quality - sound good
- She's out of my life : colour good - DVD like quality (smog coming out of his mouth it seems like its cold in the studio lol :yes:- sound good enough
- Billie Jean : colourfull, too much - VHS quality - sound good [Best video on Thriller 25 dvd]
- Beat it : colour good - DVD like quality - sound good
- Thriller : colour good - DVD like quality - sound good
- Bad : colour good - VHS quality - sound great [Best video on History dvd]
- The Way You Make Me Feel : colour good - DVD like quality (except some parts are horrible) - sound good
- Man in the Mirror : colour good - VHS quality - sound good
- Dirty Diana : colour good - DVD quality- sound good
- Smooth Criminal : colour good - VHS quality - sound good [HD quality on "Moonwalker" Bluray]
- Another Part of Me : colour good - VHS quality - sound good [Better on MTV or VH1 !]
- Come Together : colour good - VHS quality - sound average [ HD on "Moonwaler" Bluray]
- Leave me alone : colour good - VHS quality - sound average [ HD on "Moonwaler" Bluray]
- Liberian girl : colour good - DVD quality - sound good
- Black or White : colour good - DVD ++ quality !!! - sound good [BEST QUALITY EVER ON VISION]
- Remember the Time : colour poor - VHS quality - sound average - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed) [Best quality on Dangerous DVD]
- In The Closet : VHS quality- sound good [Best quality on Dangerous DVD]
- Jam : colour good - VHS quality - sound good - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed) [Best quality on Dangerous DVD]
- Heal The World : colour average - VHS quality - sound good [Best quality on Dangerous DVD]
- Give in to Me : colour good - DVD quality - sound poor [Best quality on Dangerous DVD]
- Who is it : colour poor - VHS quality - sound good - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed)
- Will You be There : colour poor - VHS quality - sound not good - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed) [Best quality on Dangerous DVD] version without "angel" but with timeindicator on the top right (???)
- Gone Too Soon (New Version) : colour good - DVD quality - sound good
- Scream : DVD quality - sound good ! [Best quality on VISION]
- Childhood : colour good - VHS quality - sound good - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed) [Best quality on History DVD]
- You Are Not Alone : colour good - DVD ++ quality ! - sound good [Best Quality on VISION]
- Earth Song : colour good - DVD quality - sound good !!
- They Don't Care About Us : colour good - poor DVD quality - sound poor
- Stranger in Moscow : VHS quality - sound good but bass loader at time - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed) [Best quality on History DVD]
- Blood On The Dance Floor : colour good - VHS quality - sound good (Refugee mix)
- Ghosts : colour GOOD - DVD ++ quality !! - sound GOOD ! (Short Version though) [Best Quality Ever on Vison]
- You Rock My World : colour good - DVD quality - sound good - FAKE 16/9 format (cropped/zoomed)
- Cry : colour good - DVD ++ quality - sound good ! - Maybe True 2:35 format but Where is Michael?? lol
- Blame it on the Boogie : colourfull, too much - DVD quality (vhs like) - sound GOOD !
- Enjoy Yourself : colour good - DVD quality ! (1976 video !) - sound good
- Can You Feel It : colour good - VHS Quality - sound good
- Say Say Say : colourfull, tend to sepia - DVD quality - sound good
- TDCAU (prison version) : colour good - DVD quality - sound good
- Why : colour tone at time (due to colour restored process?) - DVD quality - sound good
- One More Chance : colour good - poor DVD quality - sound good - True 16/9 format
?
The bad points : It is perfectly clear that Sony didn't edit those video from original masters. I'm not working in any Quality Departement but it seems that Sony took back videos available on previous DVDs and zoomed some of them and change the colour on others, the only good thing done here is the sound that is for most of all videos better than other DVD editions. Well, I'm disappointed, I really am
The good points : Ghost, Black or White are really GREAT (wonderfull video quality!) even Srceam, You are not alone and Thriller stand in their best video quality available in the market. Also, the menu and especially the Booklet are just GREAT. Finally, the sound here is good, better than other dvd editions.

FYI, this is my own point of view, but I guess we will have to pay for another edition once the ESTATE will allow a true remastering from the existing 35mm print that is 5 times better than HD quality by the way, they just want us to pay twice or maybe 3 times, it's all about business

For 16:9 videos; what does it mean cropped and zoomed!?? Forexample 4:3 to 16:9 (filmed in 16:9)

17004322.jpg

169p.jpg

Isn't it like this? If like this, there is no problem.

Or you mean like this!?!?

434pd.jpg

Last edited:
Well I have my copy of it for xmas and can't wait to watch it. I really don't care whether it's a cash in or not as I'm just glad to be able to own every single video and being able to watch them whenever I want. The 3D cover looks sooo cool.

It looks like I again need to exercise my 10 day banning right,

I will periodically scan threads and anyone I feel I don't want here will be removed.

Personally I think you should all get the message I am trying to send you as in a little over two weeks the MJ community will be on fire with the release of Michael and him being number one around the world.

If you don't want to be a part of that and feel being a troll is your preferred route then good on you, go somewhere else as your not wanted here. PERIOD
Woo, Gaz FTW!

For 16:9 videos; what does it mean cropped and zoomed!?? Forexample 4:3 to 16:9 (filmed in 16:9)

17004322.jpg

169p.jpg

Isn't it like this? If like this, there is no problem.

Or you mean like this!?!?

434pd.jpg
It seems like they zoom as on your second pic, but they zoom on a DVD quality (720x480) that includes the top and bottom bars, without those black bars resolution is weak ! like 500x300

This is what I found on Wikipedia.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Vision

Changes

Some music videos have been changed and are different from their original release.

• Bad - included in the end are the credits
  • The Way You Make Me Feel - grunts and extra noises made by Michael can be heard although in some parts of the video it becomes very grainy
  • Smooth Criminal - this version comes from the Moonwalker film but cuts out most of the time when there is no music playing
  • Black Or White - is the original version without the racist graffiti added on to the car windows and shop door
  • In The Closet - during the middle of the video a green flash can be briefly seen
  • Heal The World - has an added intro which can be seen on Dangerous - The Short Films
  • Will You Be There - a few seconds of the audio at the beginning is missing and the ending is different to the one previously released, as there is no angel flying down to Michael, instead he sings on his own
  • Gone Too Soon - is the version found on Michael Jackson's YouTube page and not the one previously released as seen on Dangerous - The Short Films
  • Scream - the part where Michael says 'fucking' is is kept in
  • You Are Not Alone - scenes where Michael is naked with wings on his back have been cut out
  • Blood On The Dance Floor - the Refugee Camp Remix version of the song is used, instead of the original
  • Ghosts - is the five minute edit of the movie with the same name
  • Can You Feel It - has the credits included in the end
  • They Don't Care About Us (Prison Version) - has a disclaimer at the beginning plus different scenes are put in than those which were first broadcasted on TV, such as Michael making hand gestures
Removing all the Angel sequences from "Will You Be There" and "You Are Not Alone" is what disappoints me the most.......

.....I do however own all the previous DVD's and Vision just completes my collection of Music Videos!!!!!

This is what I found on Wikipedia.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Vision

Removing all the Angel sequences from "Will You Be There" and "You Are Not Alone" is what disappoints me the most.......

.....I do however own all the previous DVD's and Vision just completes my collection of Music Videos!!!!!

I haven't watched every video yet, so I didn't know about edits like in Smooth Criminal, Will You Be There and You Are Not Alone. Why would they do that? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Back