Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

In my f***ing country it won't be available until next week. I hate where I live..

Got mine and I love it.

Anyone else notice they have changed the footage on the ending of Will you be there?

I pre ordered mines for $30 last night. I would've paid the extra 10 bucks by buying it from best buy today, but i got classes and don't have time to make a stop at best buy. Hopefully my shit comes Wednesday.

I'm so angry with Amazon I pre-ordered Vision the day it was announced and they can't be bothered to have it delivered to my door the day it actually comes out.

Same here. I pre-ordered it the day it came out from Amazon and was only dispatched Saturday. If I didn't bother pre-ordering then I would have gone down to the shop and bought it now.

Same here. I pre-ordered it the day it came out from Amazon and was only dispatched Saturday. If I didn't bother pre-ordering then I would have gone down to the shop and bought it now.

That's why i don't bother with amazon with pre releases.Most of the time the stuff comes on release day, but the really important stuff, tends to be late.I stick to hmv for pre order stuff.It tends to come early.

there are no blu-ray music videos releases of any artist at the moment. And won't be in the next 3-4years.
the reason is, because they are no profitable at the moment.
Movies and concerts are. there are more and more concert blu-ray releases. but until blu-ray isn't standart like dvd is/was, there won't be.
they didn't even provided HD music channels with HD transfers. even new videos are showed from upscales.
Blu-ray sells are gaining from year to year more and more, but dvds are still the most of the title selling. to release a blu-ray, they need to make new transfers like you all know and they don't have the reason to do that now.

And not only MJ dvds have poor quality. every music dvd has poor quality. there are very few that have quality picture. they are compiled fast, without much effort spend.

for now blu-rays make ~10-15% of title sales. until it's not around 50%, there won't be MJ blu-ray of his videos.
even though prices of blu-ray equipment dropped finaly to be affordable, still many don't see the reason to upgrade.

Good point dude ! We were excepted at least "Thriller & The Making of" on BluRay its a masterpiece but well, more people would buy a Thriller 3D-HD product, again I guess we'll have to wait

I am downloading it from itunes. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

Even though i've seen these videos a billion times already, it still feels new to me :D

Restore

And not only MJ dvds have poor quality. every music dvd has poor quality. there are very few that have quality picture. they are compiled fast, without much effort spend.
True. When Prince's Diamonds and Pearls video collection was rereleased on DVD, I bought it and the picture quality was worse than the original videotape I had. To fix video and film is very expensive and time consuming and the companies are not going to do that with music videos which was always a small market. They'll do it with certain movies, because movies have a wider mainstream market than a music DVD and sell enough to cover the restoration costs and make a profit.

Michael Jackson's Vision, review

Jackson's video collection is by turns extravagant and nostalgic, but Neil McCormick just feels pity.

By Neil McCormick 5:31PM GMT 22 Nov 2010
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/8152148/Michael-Jacksons-Vision-review.html

Poor Michael. It is impossible to watch his collection of videos without feeling pity at this visual evidence of his self-destruction. In four and half hours of extravagant (over-) productions, you see the handsome, smiling young black entertainer of 1979’s ‘Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough’ gradually mutate into the stick thin, white scarecrow figure of 2001’s ‘You Rock My World’, his final official appearance. With sawed off button nose and painted on lips, by the end he barely looks human, and it seems peculiar the way the typically heavyweight cast (including Chris Rock and Marlon Brando) casually interact with a zombie in their midst.

The title ‘Michael Jackson’s Vision’, and the assertion that these aren’t promo videos but “short films”, is typical of the grandiosity attached to every Jackson project. The hits of the eighties retain nostalgic charm, but apart from the genuinely ground breaking and still impressive ‘Thriller’ few really stand the test of the time. The overlong shorts (including Martin Scorcese’s woeful Bad) are narratively baffling to a point that would be comical if they weren’t so bloated with an air of preening narcissism in which fawning guest stars gasp at Jackson’s mystical super-powers. They are further burdened by a kind of egotism of budgetary excess. As Jackson’s star wanes in the 90s, the videos keep getting bigger and madder, more bucks for less bangs.

Certain themes repeat. There is a surprisingly destructive streak to Jackson’s videos: windows are smashed and violent gangster fantasies run rife, with the willowy star putting himself in the centre of aggressive dance offs between gangs of over-styled thugs. The extended dancing sequences remain Jackson’s strongest suit, the moment when he seems most fully connected with his music and art, although a five minute, crotch grabbing sequence at the end of ‘Black And White’ is as embarrassing as it is weirdly compelling. His constant self fondling may have something to do with the box set’s dubious 15 certificate, along perhaps with Jackson’s penchant for horror movie imagery. My seven year old wasn’t put off, however. Unburdened by any sense of Jackson’s tragedy, he bounced enthusiastically around, attempting to replicate exuberantly physical dance moves in our living room. He thinks Jackson is “really great”. But he did, innocently, wonder why he turned into a white man.

Michael Jackson’s Vision: a 3 DVD box set featuring 40 videos is released by Sony today

Moonwalker.Fan;3093006 said:
Michael Jackson's Vision, review

Jackson's video collection is by turns extravagant and nostalgic, but Neil McCormick just feels pity.

By Neil McCormick 5:31PM GMT 22 Nov 2010
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/8152148/Michael-Jacksons-Vision-review.html

Poor Michael. It is impossible to watch his collection of videos without feeling pity at this visual evidence of his self-destruction. In four and half hours of extravagant (over-) productions, you see the handsome, smiling young black entertainer of 1979’s ‘Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough’ gradually mutate into the stick thin, white scarecrow figure of 2001’s ‘You Rock My World’, his final official appearance. With sawed off button nose and painted on lips, by the end he barely looks human, and it seems peculiar the way the typically heavyweight cast (including Chris Rock and Marlon Brando) casually interact with a zombie in their midst.

The title ‘Michael Jackson’s Vision’, and the assertion that these aren’t promo videos but “short films”, is typical of the grandiosity attached to every Jackson project. The hits of the eighties retain nostalgic charm, but apart from the genuinely ground breaking and still impressive ‘Thriller’ few really stand the test of the time. The overlong shorts (including Martin Scorcese’s woeful Bad) are narratively baffling to a point that would be comical if they weren’t so bloated with an air of preening narcissism in which fawning guest stars gasp at Jackson’s mystical super-powers. They are further burdened by a kind of egotism of budgetary excess. As Jackson’s star wanes in the 90s, the videos keep getting bigger and madder, more bucks for less bangs.

Certain themes repeat. There is a surprisingly destructive streak to Jackson’s videos: windows are smashed and violent gangster fantasies run rife, with the willowy star putting himself in the centre of aggressive dance offs between gangs of over-styled thugs. The extended dancing sequences remain Jackson’s strongest suit, the moment when he seems most fully connected with his music and art, although a five minute, crotch grabbing sequence at the end of ‘Black And White’ is as embarrassing as it is weirdly compelling. His constant self fondling may have something to do with the box set’s dubious 15 certificate, along perhaps with Jackson’s penchant for horror movie imagery. My seven year old wasn’t put off, however. Unburdened by any sense of Jackson’s tragedy, he bounced enthusiastically around, attempting to replicate exuberantly physical dance moves in our living room. He thinks Jackson is “really great”. But he did, innocently, wonder why he turned into a white man.

Michael Jackson’s Vision: a 3 DVD box set featuring 40 videos is released by Sony today

This review is garbage. Total non-sense. Stupidity at its worst. Same old media bias. Are you kidding me? The reviewer thinks Michael's videos, except Thriller, cannot stand the test of time? Give me a break.:doh:

The Way You Make Me Fee is still copied by artist like Ne-Yo and Bieber these days.

Black Or White remains a classic. The reviewer doesn't comment on the morphing effect whatsoever. What's so embarassing about the panther dance sequence. That dance sequence is my favorite.

Earth Song is one of the best music videos ever made. Period.

Scream looks as good now as in 1995.

A 7 year-old kid enjoys the videos because the child is not corrupted. The kid is still innocent. The kid doesn't judge.

This review is garbage. Total non-sense. Stupidity at its worst. Same old media bias. Are you kidding me? The reviewer thinks Michael's videos, except Thriller, cannot stand the test of time? Give me a break.:doh:

The Way You Make Me Fee is still copied by artist like Ne-Yo and Bieber these days.

Black Or White remains a classic. The reviewer doesn't comment on the morphing effect whatsoever. What's so embarassing about the panther dance sequence. That dance sequence is my favorite.

Earth Song is one of the best music videos ever made. Period.

Scream looks as good now as in 1995.

A 7 year-old kid enjoys the videos because the child is not corrupted. The kid is still innocent. The kid doesn't judge.

Don't stand the test of time? If that was the case, music channels wouldn't play all his videos anymore.

Yeah that is one the most laughable statements I've read in a while. Michael will always stand the test of time. Seriously, I actually cannot believe they wrote that!

Don't you find it strange that we live in today where every TV that is on sale is HDTV (High Definition) yet we on average put a NON High Definition source through it? Doesn't make sense does it..unless the majority of the world still own analogue tv, and thats why SONY don't cater for Blu-ray material, even though they are pioneers on TV / Blu ray?

What happened to the truth? What happened to fairness?

Why the media would praise something as obsene as Lady Gaga's videos, but trash Michael Jackson classics? *sigh*

One doesn't need to like Michael Jackson, the person. But, one needs to acknowledge Michael Jackson, the artist. Michael's contributions in music is not debatable.

That is one of the most biased review have ever read
He is just a stupid guy and had to bring his hate instead o reviewing the video compilation.
MJ would live forever and this guy would die virtually unknown
shame on him.

What happened to the truth? What happened to fairness?

Why the media would praise something as obsene as Lady Gaga's videos, but trash Michael Jackson classics? *sigh*

One doesn't need to like Michael Jackson, the person. But, one needs to acknowledge Michael Jackson, the artist. Michael's contributions in music is not debatable.

Now, now.Please don't drag other artists videos into this.

The media aren't interested in praising mj.Never have, never will.

Don't you find it strange that we live in today where every TV that is on sale is HDTV (High Definition) yet we on average put a NON High Definition source through it? Doesn't make sense does it..unless the majority of the world still own analogue tv, and thats why SONY don't cater for Blu-ray material, even though they are pioneers on TV / Blu ray?

Some people here have already explained the technical difficulties in upgrading the videos to HD format. It's possible, but it's not economically feasible as of now.

Sony has no incentive to spend the resources to get the videos in HD format. The market for music video release is not big enough to justify the cost. It just doesn't make business sense.

Of course, there is always room for improvement. But, to be fair, this boxed set is not a sub-par product. We cannot compare this release to movie or concert film.

If the quality of this boxed set is as good as HIStory on Films and Dangerous the Short film, I will be a happy consumer.

What a disgusting article...

However, this...

"My seven year old wasn’t put off, however. Unburdened by any sense of Jackson’s tragedy, he bounced enthusiastically around, attempting to replicate exuberantly physical dance moves in our living room. He thinks Jackson is “really great”. But he did, innocently, wonder why he turned into a white man.

...just proves the point Michael spent a lifetime trying to make.

And as for the last sentence - he's trying to make it sound like a little dig, but of course he's gonna wonder. Anyone with eyes would. And that's okay. I'm sure Michael's own kids had the same inquiry and I'm sure Michael answered in a simple and honest way. I just hope the writer's kid got the truth in his answer.

Something strange when i watch it on my normal DVD player connected with scart cable..
I see waves on all the videos in full wide screen!! You Rock My World & One More Change, ...

With all the discs but not when i watch on my blu ray player ! Does anybody knows what the problem can be here ???

Back