Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

I'm looking at small images at work and the Vision one looks much more grainy than the HIStory one.
Is that true? Have they made the images worse???
My enthusiasm for this release has been severely dented.
I was going to buy it, but I'm not so sure now.

They boosted the color and contrast to make the videos appear to be remastered. When you boost contrast you boost everything. Thus the "noise and grain" is more evident. The quality of TWYMMF has always been grainy in some shots, they just made it worse. BUT don't worry to much, some of the transfers are very good ;o) Another Part Of Me is VERY GOOD! That's because a more recent dvd quality transfer was made for the Visionary set 5 years ago. If Sony would have made new transfers from the masters all the videos would look as good as APOM.

For the price it's worth it.

If anyone spots copies in Asda or tesco or sainsburys let's us know & how much.If it's a couple of quid dearer I'll pay that rather than wait for mr postman when I get paid Thursday.

This is a bad product. The images' quality is not good at all. Remastered ? Good Joke.
I even don't speak about the green image during In The Closet.

It's an amateur work.

Sony is more and more ridiculous.

This is a bad product. The images' quality is not good at all. Remastered ? Good Joke.

It's an amateur work.

You bought it then!? Well done. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay?

You forgot to mention the goods bits about the collection. Can you tell us some positives please?

Hmm, thanks for the info. I might find a way to try before I buy. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. If I do, I will. Simple.

Sony need to start offering us quality products.
They make a good impression with the packaging but disappoint with the content.

It's an amateur work.

You're right, Vale. But apparently some people here just don't care about that.

I originally order it with Amazon pre-order and they couldn't guarantee delivery for today, so I cancelled the order, I then re-ordered it through HMV and I had it sent to me within 48 hours and it arrived on Saturday!

I wish i pre-ordered it from HMV now :(
Did Amazon say when you could have expected the delivery?

Vale4263;3092552 said:

It's an amateur work.

deano;3092567 said:
You bought it then!? Well done. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay?
I bought it in France, in a Fnac store for 32€.

deano;3092567 said:
You forgot to mention the goods bits about the collection. Can you tell us some positives please?
They Don't Care About Us prison version is maybe the only interesting thing. The sound is correct.

Ghosts is a bad remake.
The Another Part Me clip quality is practically the same that the one we can find on the web.
There is no definition on every clips, old or recent (even on You Rock My World or things like that).

Most of the pictures on the small book are tiny. These things and the holograms are for children.

They said it was remastered but I just have the impression that nothing was done.

JCO8;3092575 said:
You're right, Vale. But apparently some people here just don't care about that.
I bought it and I'm disappointed. People who want quality should not buy it.

The fact is that if we buy each time this type of product, Sony will continue in this way, more and more bad.

I am sure the videos will look fine on my non-HD TV that is 6 years old. I am only paying £17.99 for a lot of content that I will be proud to have in one collection. I would pay that money just for 'Can You Feel It', 'APOM', 'Speed Demon' and the 'Prison Version' of 'TDCAU'!

I am sure there are some people who will criticise that the picture quality is "not up to my standards", and that is fine, but for a simple person like me - who just wants to see MJ performing as he does - it's enough for me.

If they were charging £47.99, then I might have a problem, but I can not argue with the 'Value for money' here.

I should have mine waiting for me at home as I write this. I pre-ordered from Amazon. Gotta say, I'm not too thrilled about some of the early reviews here.

I am sure there are some people who will criticise that the picture quality is "not up to my standards", and that is fine, but for a simple person like me - who just wants to see MJ performing as he does - it's enough for me.
I don't have any standards. The thing is that MJ died and there will not be new clips anymore. If Sony and the Estate want to release a box set, they should do it correctly, directly using the good resources. That's not a good work, and coming from a big firm like Sony, that's ridiculous.

Vale4263;3092623 said:
I don't have any standards. The thing is that MJ died and there will not be new clips anymore. If Sony and the Estate want to release a box set, they should do it correctly, directly using the good resources. That's not a good work, and coming from a big firm like Sony, that's ridiculous.

They might release them on 'Blu-Ray' one day soon, but you won't be paying £17.99 for it, and then people might complain that it is too expensive.

Like everything in life, I go on 'value for money' when deciding to buy something - whether it is a house, a car, or a DVD - and I think the DVD is 'value for money', so I will be buying a few copies for myself and other people.

deano;3092632 said:
They might release them on 'Blu-Ray' one day soon, but you won't be paying £17.99 for it, and then people might complain that it is too expensive.

Like everything in life, I go on 'value for money' when deciding to buy something - whether it is a house, a car, or a DVD - and I think the DVD is 'value for money', so I will be buying a few copies for myself and other people.
Michael Jackson's clips already exist on DVD (most of them). They just repeated what we already bought.

1) We bought these existings DVDs.
2) We buy Vision, ~ the same thing for what they added...
3) We'll buy the Blu Ray ?

Again and again.

For the moment not any Blu Ray has been announced and if it's to release a product like Warner did with the Moonwalker Blu Ray, which is terrific in term of quality, that's not needed.

Disappointed Sony didn't spend a small amount of money to make new transfers of the old video instead of using the old Laserdisc transfers. Even if they did that without costly enhancement the pictures would look much better.

I'm guessing this is the reason why there is no BluRay released. They could not get away with using the old files on a BluRay - people would really be up in arms if they bought a BluRay containing Laserdisc quality video.
I hope they do release some improved video at some point because Michael Jackson DVDs have ALWAYS been poor quality with little effort. Considering MJ was a pioneer of the the music video format in the 80s and 90s I think it's disgusting that Sony don't give us a good experience.

there are no blu-ray music videos releases of any artist at the moment. And won't be in the next 3-4years.
the reason is, because they are no profitable at the moment.
Movies and concerts are. there are more and more concert blu-ray releases. but until blu-ray isn't standart like dvd is/was, there won't be.
they didn't even provided HD music channels with HD transfers. even new videos are showed from upscales.
Blu-ray sells are gaining from year to year more and more, but dvds are still the most of the title selling. to release a blu-ray, they need to make new transfers like you all know and they don't have the reason to do that now.

And not only MJ dvds have poor quality. every music dvd has poor quality. there are very few that have quality picture. they are compiled fast, without much effort spend.

for now blu-rays make ~10-15% of title sales. until it's not around 50%, there won't be MJ blu-ray of his videos.
even though prices of blu-ray equipment dropped finaly to be affordable, still many don't see the reason to upgrade.

Last edited:
The more i hear about this....the less i really even wanna purchase it at all anymore.

I haven't seen any positive comments from you about this project (or any of the new projects for that matter), so that's really no surprise.

I must say I feel quite sad for the fans that cannot seem to enjoy anything from this new Michael era. I would have loved for all of us to cheer on Michael's ongoing legacy. Hopefully this will happen in the (near) future when the new projects and their quality and success finally manage to eclipse the ongoing negativity amongst fans.

My cousin just bought it and said it's amazing, sound is much better then other releases and picture is a tad clearer for some of the older videos. She says it's nicely packaged and visually appealing.

I just got mine over an hour ago. I can't wait to see it!

I love the booklet pictures...I haven't seen many of them before!

Back