Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

It went a lot further than a hope with Michael. If Michael signed a contract, and it seems he did, than that's a major difference. An album was announced and MJ must have known what was expected of him.

They keep talking about a "contract," but as far as I know, so far there has been no contract put into evidence. I thought for sure today, since the Prince was on the stand, he would have been given a copy of the "contract" so that he would explain all of the different contract clauses to the court. I haven't seen anything like that happening in any of the articles I read today.

Well I guess you can say that Jermaine knew what was expected of him also. I mean, the Prince did say that Jermaine recorded FOUR songs with him, but that Jermaine got side tracked with other business ventures.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

It went a lot further than a hope with Michael. IF Michael signed a contract, and it seems he did, than that's a major difference. An album was announced and MJ must have known what was expected of him.
Until the prince produces the actual SIGNED CONTRACT, this will remain a big IF. The prince admitted that there was no contract when he gave Michael money and such in 2005, and Michael has said that he only signed an agreement but that was relating to 2 Seas Records. I am waiting for this "contract" to be produced that details exactly what the $7 million was for and what Michael was obligated to do in return, so far I've seen/heard nothing.

From the ABC article:

Jackson and bin Hamad Al Khalifa had what was described in court today as "very involved" conversations about a potential musical collaboration, which doesn't amount to a binding agreement, Jackson's lawyers are arguing. These conversations took place while Jackson was facing trial on child molestation charges in 2005.

So, even while on the stand, it doesn't appear that the prince has produced any signed contract.

Hmm.. so he is going to testify next week.. :eek:
Well... I'm glad Michael is getting better and not so sick anymore and got the clear to go.

Until the prince produces an actual CONTRACT, this will remain a big IF. The prince admitted that there was no contract when he gave Michael money and such in 2005, and Michael has said that he only signed an agreement but that was relating to 2 Seas Records. I am waiting for this "contract" to be produced that details exactly what the $7 million was for and what Michael was obligated to do in return, so far I've seen/heard nothing.

HELLO! I'm waiting also.

I don't believe they have produced ANY documents yet. I would think that if a contract, or whatever it is they have, was produced to the court, we would have read about it by now.

We would have read about it and what is within it's pages. I mean, that is the center of this case. To me the perfect time to produce this document would be when the Prince is on the stand. And then they would pull it out AGAIN, when Mike takes the stand.

it just seems that Michael was being used to create the Prince's fantasy of being a record exec...and Michael woke up.. and walked..

it doesn't seem its really about the money.. becuz $4mil to a Bahraini Prince is pennies .. minor...

in any case, I am sure this will end well..................this case was announced over a year ago.. and the Prince was quoted as still liking Michael "the Person'..

it just seems that Michael was being used to create the Prince's fantasy of being a record exec...and Michael woke up.. and walked..

it doesn't seem its really about the money.. becuz $4mil to a Bahraini Prince is pennies .. minor...

in any case, I am sure this will end well..................this case was announced over a year ago.. and the Prince was quoted as still liking Michael "the Person'..

yeah..i know it would seem that it wouldn't be about the money, with the prince, and all the money he has.. but u would b surprised. a lot of rich people still gamble...

too much is never enough...

so i wouldn't put it above the prince wanting more money AND a dream music career courtesy of the King of Pop. otherwise he wouldn't be trying to take MJ to court, and there wouldn't be a discrepancy between the way he treated Jermaine and the way he treated Michael. no matter how they talk about him, everybody knows that Michael Jackson is the biggest star in the world, and Jermaine is not.

Last edited:

Lets just hope it all gets sorted out next week. Will be good tosee MJ again in London.....will be even better when its got nothing to do with court cases ans more to do with the music ;-)

So, the difference between what happened between the prince and Jermaine, and what happened between the prince and MJ, is what exactly? The prince gave both of them money and 'gifts' and had hoped that each of them would get his 2 Seas Records going. It didn't work out with Jermaine, nor with Michael, but only Michael is expected to pay back the expenses?

I dunno - maybe because MJ left Bahrain with no intention of going back without bothering to say so, then had an impersonal letter sent to the prince wanting to cancel any agreement, then refused to take his calls, etc.

Not saying the business arrangement was a good one or that he should ever have been asked to sign anything - and not saying he shouldn't have asked for out of it.

Just saying if it had been handled differently, the prince might not have felt "personally betrayed" and this whole suit might not have gone forward.

Just my opinion though.

all we have to do is :pray: are love into his hearts of love that he'll be support and love from us

Breaking News Update: Judge orders Michael Jackson to appear in British courtroom
By Robin Leach
November 20, 2008 · 10:09 AM

Under orders from a British High Court judge, King of Pop Michael Jackson will fly to London on Saturday. The on-and-off Las Vegas resident will then appear in court Monday to be grilled by lawyers in a court case brought by Sheikh Abdullah al-Khalifa, who wants Michael to repay him $7 million.

The son of the King of Bahrain claims Michael reneged on a contract for a new album and an autobiography -- and that the money was an advance! Jackson’s lawyers claim the money was purely a gift from a generous rich man and that no project was ever finalized.

Attorney Robert Englehart said that Jackson told al-Khalifa in a letter dated June 22, 2006, that he no longer wished to pursue a project with the prince. Michael lived at the royal palace in Bahrain, where a recording studio was built, after the famous 2005 Santa Barbara court case when he was acquitted of child-molestation charges at his Neverland ranch there.

Englehart assured the High Court that Michael was now cleared by his medical team to travel to Britain on Saturday and would be well enough to appear Monday afternoon for the court hearings and interrogation. “He will be available to give evidence to your lordship,” Englehart promised the judge.

Our former Fleet Street colleagues in Britain will be watching Michael’s appearance, and we’ll have that breaking news report for you right here on Monday.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs...ng-news-judge-orders-michael-jackson-appear-/

"In a letter"????:huh:

Please!Find this letter!!!!:wild:

Ive seen reports that the Prince is suing for $4.7m, then it went to $7m and now Ive read its $10m. Who's right?

Glad to hear MJ is better now.

ARKENHATON...it's one thingto try to be 'objective' but u cannot be since we don't know mj's side yet. it's the prince's lawyer who's running his damn mouth about this and that. once mj's side gets presented then we can make a deduction on what's what but right now, giving the b. family the benefit of the doubt is kinda putting mj down cuz on one hand u say they're nice but then u're saying mj used their services of kindness and didn't pay them back....

only the PRINCE is suing....so this has nothign to do w/ his rich ass family. no one cared for him when mj was there, when mj left, so now he needs to get more publicity abouthis interest in a career w/ a trial.

I think that the least MJ could do was to offer up some sort of payment of debt of gratitude for hosting him and his family during that awful time...I know it's none of my business, but I would do that....its only fair...I think it is over the top to actually think you have a RECORD DEAL with MJ - but MJ did have a home of refuge during that time. The prince was very very sweet to do that...

Last edited:

and he's also hella rich....would u pay bill gates back if he helped pay for ur meal? the dude is a billionaire and this family has a lot of damn money.

IF it wasn't stated AND u were in a time of emotional near peril, then anyone trying to do business w/ u wasn't looking in your interest...they were looking out for theirs.

and that's what got so many upset. he was emotionally not there, and honestly, since he has NOT done any work since leaving bahrain, he can argue he hasn't yet set his affairs in order and once he does, he'll pay the prince.

Thank you so much Rasta for making sense.

I think that the least MJ could do was to offer up some sort of payment of debt of gratitude for hosting him and his family during that awful time...I know it's none of my business, but I would do that....its only fair...I think it is over the top to actually think you have a RECORD DEAL with MJ - but MJ did have a home of refuge during that time. The prince was very very sweet to do that...

i think it's in MJ's nature to show gratitude if the party that treated him is genuine. remember he was hospitalized when he could not perform for HBO? well he was so grateful to the people that genuinely cared for him in the hospital that he gave them more than one expensive car as a gift..rather..gifts. still..having said that..people should not go around saying they are generous and do things out of the goodness of their heart if they actually EXPECT something in return. obviously, the prince was expecting something. so..however this turns out..the prince is not genuine like those hospital staff were genuine. i would also think that MJ would determine how he would pay back, like he did with the hospital staff...not the prince.

Last edited:

Is it possible for Michael to win anythin from this trial?

Ive seen reports that the Prince is suing for $4.7m, then it went to $7m and now Ive read its $10m. Who's right?

Glad to hear MJ is better now.

All those amounts are correct- £4.7mil (UK pounds), $7mil USD and $10mil AUD. The amount various depending on which country the reports come from :lol:

vncwilliam i agree with everything u said 100%

I honsetly think the prince is wasting his time doing this

vncwilliam i agree with everything u said 100%

I honsetly think the prince is wasting his time doing this

yep..ur right..he's wasting his time...and ours..and MJ's...and the world's, cus u know they're covering this. and he's not doing his own economy, in his homeland, any favors either.

I just dont trust any court system at all anymore

obviously, the prince was expecting something. so..however this turns out..the prince is not genuine

How so? He told Michael he wanted to do projects with him from the very beginning and Michael agreed. It's not like he lied to him or didn't tell him. He was upfront that he expected MJ to work with him and MJ agreed.

So calling him not genuine is not exactly correct. He's been honest with his desires and ambitions. Maybe he shouldn't have asked at that time when MJ was all messed up, but you can't say he's been dishonest.

I agree that MJ should've offered at least some money back. Just getting up and leaving without saying a word after he lived there in luxury with his kids for a whole year was not cool at all. I can understand why the prince is pissed. Anyone would be.

serendipity dont except everything that the prince is saying 100% true
Nealy every single person that has suied mike,has always had an agenda to twist thing & lie.

serendipity dont except everything that the prince is saying 100% true
Nealy every single person that has suied mike,has always had an agenda to twist thing & lie.

yup.. thats exactly what happens. People twist things around!!

they do!

mike has said it himself many times!

Not everyone who sues him is lying. :lol: MJ is human and does wrong sometimes. That's life. This case is more about principle than money from what I can see. That prince is filthy rich, he's hardly desperate for 7 million.

I dont think that MJ accepted to do album with Prince coz MJ has his own style of music. As thriller25 ft Akon , will i am is make sense but not Price(What is his style of music?) ....I hope that we will know the true story soon and hope that our MJ still 100% innocent ...

I dont think Prince wants to take money out of Michael. I think he wants his attention and frindship more than money. Any way he is a fan of Michael and he knows that Michael is not in a good financial situation .Micahel and Prince will talk to gether and every thing will be solve. THats what I think.

I hope this situation gets resolved quickly,Im glad that Michael and his team are reacting to this and that Michael is going to be defending himself in person.
Weve been here before with these Civil cases whether its Dieter wiesner,Marcel avram,Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa al Khalifa etc I hope it goes well For Michael and that both parties come up with a solution.
I wish Michael a safe journey to the UK and i hope all goes well for him next week.

Not everyone who sues him is lying. :lol: MJ is human and does wrong sometimes. That's life. This case is more about principle than money from what I can see.
The voice of reason makes an entrance to the thread. The bias in this thread is so blatently obvious. Trying to reason with MJ fans can be pointless sometimes I sure am glad I'm not like that, nomatter how much I admire our talented Michael Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back