Michael Jackson Settles case Against Prince Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread

Then it would escalate to him suing Jermaine LOL! .
Seriously if he expected it he wouldn't have waited till now.

Right. It is just weird. It is as if Jermaine can basically freeload out of someone's dime and not get to pay for it because it is a gift. However, MJ thought that he was not going to pay back that Prince and basically lived for free and when MJ smelled a rat and left, that was when the Prince felt some type of way. Hmmm, I do not know, to me, Jermaine's role is suspect to me. He can recieve money and cars from this Prince and does not need to pay him. Michael does the same thing and the Prince expects to pay him. I think it is truly more than Prince being mad because MJ did not pay him. I think that whatever he planned with MJ went down the toliet and he had his hissy fit. He knows that Jermaine is not going to get him anywhere in the music business and the headlines. He knows that MJ can get him in the business and the headlines. Wow, another nobody using Mike.

Jill Lawless is the AP reporter that is covering the trial. It came directly from the AP

He meant the link. You need to post the link of the article.

Last edited:

Still I belive that the case will be solve out of court

Yeah why aint Jermaine being sued? :lol: JK

That wouldn't get this much media attention!!

It sure seems like that's what this Prince want's, he doesn't know where he belongs!!

A Prince should be under the King!

So he shouldn't have messed with The KING of Pop - cause he sure will loose!!!!

Yeah why aint Jermaine being sued?

Great question. Jermaine doesn't make the headlines. LOL. Mike does. The Prince knows that and that is why this is happening. Jermaine is chillin' somewhere enjoying himsellf. He probably does not realized how sad it is percieved that he is in his 50s and a dude old enough to be his son is giving him money and a car for his own personal use.

Right. It is just weird. It is as if Jermaine can basically freeload out of someone's dime and not get to pay for it because it is a gift. However, MJ thought that he was not going to pay back that Prince and basically lived for free and when MJ smelled a rat and left, that was when the Prince felt some type of way. Hmmm, I do not know, to me, Jermaine's role is suspect to me. He can recieve money and cars from this Prince and does not need to pay him. Michael does the same thing and the Prince expects to pay him. I think it is truly more than Prince being mad because MJ did not pay him. I think that whatever he planned with MJ went down the toliet and he had his hissy fit. He knows that Jermaine is not going to get him anywhere in the music business and the headlines. He knows that MJ can get him in the business and the headlines. Wow, another nobody using Mike.

He meant the link. You need to post the link of the article.

:bugeyed It isn't that hard to find. It is on Google New's AP link.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hLh_7JzACkfDEAYbz8Tod9ML6YnAD94IN8U81

Yeah why aint Jermaine being sued? :lol: JK

Because it 's Michael who earns all the money, so people in general sue persons who have (the) money. If they think someone has nothing, they wouldn't try it again and again

Who woulda thought MJ's retreat to Bahrain and accepting this sheiks' so-called hospitality
back then, would come back to bite him in the azz like this now.

Who woulda thought MJ's retreat to Bahrain and accepting this sheiks' so-called hospitality
back then, would come back to bite him in the azz like this now.
Crazy isn't it... I've had experience like that last year with someone. He gave and gave and gave and INSISTED on me accepting, and when things didn't work out how he planned (ie: me being his girlfriend, which he didn't hide that he wanted, but let me know he understood that I didn't feel the same. Yet had to have me there when I was most vulnerable) suddenly he changed and won't give me my things back that he INSISTED on storing at his house for me... This was someone I considered my friend. He insisted on me going and staying at his place to recover from the things I had gone through. I was already paying for my home and bills, but he insisted it would be good for me to just go stay with him as his friend for a while cause I shouldn't be alone.... So when I did accept his "hospitality" that he insisted on me accepting (no apparent strings attached, he was doing it cause he "cared" about me) and things didn't work out how he wanted, he reacted much like this Prince guy. I still haven't been able to get my personal things (photos of my kids among other things).

It's some messed up mentality but I guess I never should have listened to him in the first place.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23590216-details/Sheikh:+I+lent+Jackson+$1m+...+and+I+gave+his+brother+a+Rolls/article.do

Ding ding ding! No contract when he gave Michael $1+ million in 2005, an "alleged" agreement (not contract) about the other finanical transactions, a "Combined Rights Agreement" (made-up terminology) thrown into the mix, and he threw a serious amount of cash towards Jermaine as well but doesn't expect that to be paid back...

Don't believe for one second that the prince paid for Jermaine to stay in Bahrain for months on end in 2004-2005 and showered him with gifts just because he was generous, he fully expected his "2 Seas Records" initiative to get off the ground at that time, but Jermaine couldn't help him. 2 Seas Records was around in one form or another since at least late 2004. The domain was actually registered in November 2004.
The prince is used to get what he wants and in this case maybe he more or less used Jermaine to get to MJ. I wish he could have just been taking care of MJ when he was in such a state after the trial and used his generousity to make a donation to the Katrina victims instead.

LMFAO this maybe what being royalty does to you...you become a popmusic - popstar worshipping - high society that gets a little annoyed at not getting what you wished for...and because you are so rich might as well throw in some millions into the mix and go to courts. Make me a POPSTAR!

So far I think it's a 50/50 situation: the Prince had high hopes for his collaboration with MJ, and MJ needed the money.
Prince's fault: not preparing due contracts and documents
MJ's fault: seems like he promised a few things and we don't know to what extent he was able/eager to keep his promise.

Wait & see...
Wow thanx for the impartiality. Something that's surely lacking in this thread. Some are already calling the Prince names when they don't even know half of whats going on.

The prince is used to get what he wants and in this case maybe he more or less used Jermaine to get to MJ. I wish he could have just been taking care of MJ when he was in such a state after the trial and used his generousity to make a donation to the Katrina victims instead.
his family already donated $5 million to Katrina victims in the name of Bahrain. and their neighbours, Qatar, donated $100 million.

Wow; I read the news on MSN... stay safe MJ!

Wow thanx for the impartiality. Something that's surely lacking in this thread. Some are already calling the Prince names when they don't even know half of whats going on.
and i guess we can all say the same thing about u and everyone else in this thread.....

and $5M to katrina? wow do u think they'll sue for that later? cuz he acted like 7M was a huge amount for him to shell out.

Ok,ok...Sorry for ask that but...

If I have a rich friend and he gave me some gifs(expensives gifs!) and suddenly our friendship are finished

May I pay back him?If I dont sign anything,no contracts about that,no promissory...Thats right?:huh:

:bugeyed It isn't that hard to find. It is on Google New's AP link.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hLh_7JzACkfDEAYbz8Tod9ML6YnAD94IN8U81

well...again..i'll wait and see...news reports are subject to change..AP isn't always on target....

and...we still haven't heard MJ 's side of the story..

and...as one poster reitieriates...MJ is the most sued person in music history...so....him needing to be 'shored up'..will always be questionable to me...

it's also funny how the sheik is being considered so generous, when he clearly is saying that he is expected to be paid back....if MJ gave something to someone and expected to be paid back...those people would NEVER refer to MJ as generous.

hmm.when MJ does something charitable, he's blasted by those people...when a sheik doesn't do something charitable, he's considered to be generous. it's worth repeating.

Michael Jackson to give evidence in London court

Rao Prashant http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081120/en_afp/entertainmentbritainbahrainmusiccourtpeople_081120164013

LONDON (AFP) – Pop megastar Michael Jackson will testify in person at London's High Court next week against allegations that he owes a Bahraini prince seven million dollars, his lawyer said on Thursday.
Robert Englehart, representing the "King of Pop", told the court that Jackson was withdrawing his application to give evidence via videolink from Los Angeles because of an unspecified medical condition.
"He has been cleared by his medical advisers to travel in two days' time," Englehart said.
Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, second son of the King of Bahrain, is suing cash-strapped Jackson for seven million dollars (5.6 million euros), demanding the repayment of several advances which the artist has argued were gifts.
The 50-year-old artist is expected to give evidence on Monday afternoon, after arriving in Britain over the weekend.
According to the BBC, the court heard earlier that Jackson was suffering from an unspecified medical condition and it was unlikely that he would be able to give evidence in person.
Experts for the defence had said, though, that it may have been possible for Jackson to testify in London with "suitable dressings", the BBC said.
According to the prince's lawyer Bankim Thanki, the sheikh helped support Jackson financially in the aftermath of his 2005 child molestation trial, accepting a request from the artist for one million dollars in April 2005, as well as paying the 2.2-million-dollar legal bill for the court case.
Thanki said Jackson signed a contract to record albums, write an autobiography and stage shows, and that document noted that seven million dollars would be deducted from the artist's royalties to pay for expenses.
The court heard that Jackson visited Bahrain with his children and personal staff in the aftermath of his 2005 child molestation trial, and left in May 2006 to go to Europe and Japan.
A month later, Jackson asked Sheikh Abdulla to sign a document releasing him from his obligations under the previous contract -- a request the prince refused, Thanki said.
He said the sheikh felt "a strong sense of betrayal" at the time.
Jackson contests the claim, saying the sheikh's case is based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence."
Englehart told the court earlier this week that while there was "no doubt that Sheikh Abdulla was very generous in his hospitality and general treatment of Michael Jackson", the contract Jackson apparently signed was "one brick in a building which was never built."
He said: "It will be my submission that this contract is clearly intended by both parties to be one of the contractual arrangements in a joint venture which never actually materialised."
Jackson also argues that the sheikh exercised "undue influence" over him in the aftermath of the 2005 trial, at which point he was emotionally exhausted.
Thanki told the court on Monday that Jackson and the sheikh had a "close personal relationship" and even collaborated on a musical project -- Jackson recorded a song written by the prince which was planned as a charity single.

A recording of the song would be played in court during the trial, he said. Though Jackson was riding high in the aftermath of his 1983 uber-hit "Thriller", which remains the best-selling album of all-time with 50 million copies sold, he has since fallen on harder times, with speculation intense regarding the state of his finances.

Hi I am new to this forum although I did used to post on MJNI a while ago. I am a huge MJ fan BUT i have to say I amvery upset with this whole fall out with the Bahrainian Prince.

The Bahrain Royal family are nice people they gave Michael a place to recover after that awful trial and this was not after he cleared his name it was actually being reported in Bahrain even before the trial began. They believed in Michael that much when lets face it alot of the world (fans not included) were showing very little support.

I dont know the ins and outs of this all i hope is that it can be cleared up asap for the sakes of both parties and I hope Michael does not get hiself into another mess.

Its such a shame............I really think fans should remember how much MJ was helped in Bahrain and how great he looked when the first photos were released. I hoped Michael would have sorted this and worked with the Prince but this will not happen now, it makes me wonder who is advising him now.

I hope people will read this post with an open mind, as I said i am a huge fan have been for 30 years and will continue to be I just cannot forget how great the Royal family were to Michael. xx

well...again..i'll wait and see...news reports are subject to change..AP isn't always on target....

and...we still haven't heard MJ 's side of the story..

and...as one poster reitieriates...MJ is the most sued person in music history...so....him needing to be 'shored up'..will always be questionable to me...

it's also funny how the sheik is being considered so generous, when he clearly is saying that he is expected to be paid back....if MJ gave something to someone and expected to be paid back...those people would NEVER refer to MJ as generous.

hmm.when MJ does something charitable, he's blasted by those people...when a sheik doesn't do something charitable, he's considered to be generous. it's worth repeating.

AP and UPI journalists are actually the most reliable. They just report the facts.

The key here is that we haven't heard Michael's side of the story. People are at a rush to blame the media for only presenting the Prince's side; however, that is all that has been presented. Michael's side has been very silent.

This is a contract dispute civil case. If Michael's attorney's felt that there was any merit to the contract they would have settled out of court. They didn't. They could have gone to arbitration, they didn't. The fact that they let it go to trial indicates there is a problem with the original contract.

They have had access to the contract that the Prince is basing the lawsuit upon. They are keeping mum for a reason: they see the loophole in the contract.

Michael is not denying that he received the money from the Prince. He is instead denying that it implied a contract. I think more will become obvious as this lawsuit proceeds.

Don't panic. Michael is a very astute businessman. Despite his being somewhat wounded when he moved to Bahrain, I doubt he lost his business acumen.

British Courts are not like American Courts. You aren't going to get a blow by blow description of what happens in court. Especially in a Civil Tort case.

Michael's attorney has not even started his case. The plaintiff (the Prince) is still making his case.

Just wait, watch, and see. Michael has a history of employing excellent attorney's when something goes to trial.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

It will be nice to see Michael in my city London once again, and the people of London love Michael. It's just a shame he was to waste his time and fly here for some stupid civil court case.

Re: Prince of Bahrain vs MJ Trial Thread: (UPDATE: Michael to testify next week)

Something that's surely lacking in this thread

Go and sit down, somewhere. You are always criticizing Michael. Why don't you do some criticizing of yourself?

The Bahrain Royal family are nice people

And so is Michael. Your point?

They believed in Michael that much when lets face it alot of the world

A lot of people who are not even fans of the man believed in Michael as well. The media is not gonna tell you that fact. The family didn't believe in Mike. They believed that they were gonna used MJ's name and fame to get into the papers. They used Michael.

I really think fans should remember how much MJ was helped in Bahrain and how great he looked when the first photos were released

Why should I remember? Hell, I wished I forgot about MJ even leaving his country to go over someone house he doesn't know personally. I wished that MJ never listened to his brother when his brother told him to go there. I wished MJ said, "no" to Jermaine's offer. The family didn't help MJ for anything. I do not get it, why are some fans trying to make this royal family reasonable people? These people are complete fools who used someone who was not there mentally, emotionally, and phyiscially to do things for them. Why would this Prince give MJ a million dollars before he even met the man? What kind of nonsense is that? So, no, I am not going to "remember" anything about this crappy royal family. Why should I? The last time I checked, which was a second ago, I am a MJ fan who fully supports Michael. Not the losers that are trying to make him look like a fool all because MJ said, "I ain't having none of this shit" and bounced up out of there!

AP and UPI journalists are actually the most reliable. They just report the facts

So naive.

Last edited:

Does anybody know or has anybody heard this song this report says will be played in court?

"Thanki told the court on Monday that Jackson and the sheikh had a "close personal relationship" and even collaborated on a musical project -- Jackson recorded a song written by the prince which was planned as a charity single.

A recording of the song would be played in court during the trial, he said."

Hi I am new to this forum although I did used to post on MJNI a while ago. I am a huge MJ fan BUT i have to say I amvery upset with this whole fall out with the Bahrainian Prince.

The Bahrain Royal family are nice people they gave Michael a place to recover after that awful trial and this was not after he cleared his name it was actually being reported in Bahrain even before the trial began. They believed in Michael that much when lets face it alot of the world (fans not included) were showing very little support.

I dont know the ins and outs of this all i hope is that it can be cleared up asap for the sakes of both parties and I hope Michael does not get hiself into another mess.

Its such a shame............I really think fans should remember how much MJ was helped in Bahrain and how great he looked when the first photos were released. I hoped Michael would have sorted this and worked with the Prince but this will not happen now, it makes me wonder who is advising him now.

I hope people will read this post with an open mind, as I said i am a huge fan have been for 30 years and will continue to be I just cannot forget how great the Royal family were to Michael. xx
Nothing that the royal family did for Michael was done out of hospitality alone, as this trial has confirmed. The prince had musical fame in his eyes and was pushing this 2 Seas Records movement right as Michael was in the midst of the trial, and claims to have had Michael recording music for him just one day after the trial ended. I do not think that the prince was "great" to Michael by any means.

Does anybody know or has anybody heard this song this report says will be played in court?

"Thanki told the court on Monday that Jackson and the sheikh had a "close personal relationship" and even collaborated on a musical project -- Jackson recorded a song written by the prince which was planned as a charity single.

A recording of the song would be played in court during the trial, he said."

They played a video documentary that featured Michael singing verses from "I Have This Dream" and several other non-MJ classics while in London ("I'm Into Something Good" and "Ferry 'Cross The Mersey"). The track in question will likely be played as Michael testifies, when the world is tuning in.

"The track in question will likely be played as Michael testifies, when the world is tuning in"

Thanks, for you reply,TSCM.
I'm sorry, but at this point I'm like whatever it takes
for Michael Jackson to sing again. I'm ready to go
through it. Maybe this time ... :angel:

Interesting to hear the Prince's lawyers extolling his virtues as a song writter and saying his song will be played in court, of course now we get to the meat of the matter. The amount they are arguing about is under $5, a lot of money to us but small change to Prince and Michael.

There was a time when Michael paid up without fighting, so the fact that he is, is why his long term fans are so supporting and unquestioning of his position in this, he wouldn't fight back if he didn't have a good reason.

The Prince, is a good man, he looked after Michael and his family at a terrible time in Michael's life, and it is a shame that they have fallen out over this, but if he has tried to push the association too far and tie Michael up with all sorts of stuff then it is no wonder Michael has thought better of it.

Lets hope this can be settled and these two can shake hands again, I dunno - men! how much of this is sour grapes, stuboness and someone throwing their toys out because they couldn't get their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back